Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Welp, looks like I'm just sticking with the Ghost Rider set. I don't care even a little bit about the Spidey and Carnage figs but I do really want Reyes. 

34 minutes ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

If anyone hasn’t seen it, I fed the new details into a translator.

After the first set with the anti-hero Ghost Rider was released in 2016, LEGO has now brought us the second model around the hell biker. Instead of the motorcycle the Ghost Rider usually rides on, this set will apparently contain his black Dodge Charger.

(Update from September 30th) It is now clear which minifigures are included in the set: In addition to the Ghost Rider, you get Spider-Man and his rival Carnage.

76174 Spider-Man Monster Truck

With this title, you actually know exactly what to expect: Spider-Man with a monster truck.

(Update from September 30th) And so it happens. Spider-Man sits behind the wheel of a heavy, covered vehicle complete with a projectile for a net, which is a brand new item. His opponents are Mysterio, a few drones and Doc Ock, who LEGO has given a different hairpiece for the first time and whose gripping arms are more complex than ever. Spider-Man is supported by Spider-Gwen on a purple skateboard.

76175 Spider-Man Hideout

Here, however, one can speculate a little more. Because Spider-Man, unlike Batman or the Avengers, has no real base, it will be interesting to see what LEGO thinks up with such a set. In 2015, the Danes released a 4+ set with the same name, but it really took a child's imagination to realize that this was supposed to be a secret hiding place. Now things could turn out differently: With a price of € 69.99, it is the most expensive set among the new releases and should therefore be a bit more detailed.

(Update from September 30th) The hero in red never had a Spider's cave, but that's exactly what LEGO has developed here as a set: remembered with three costumes stored behind glass, a repair station for a motorcycle and a prison cell the base is very reminiscent of Batman's famous secret hiding place.

However, the set also comes with a range of funny, playful details: In addition to a skateboard, we also find a video game controller, a dumbbell and a basketball hoop with a catapult in Spider-Man's lair. Whether the friendly spider from the neighborhood has time to have fun with it remains uncertain: Green Goblin on a glider and Venom attack in the set. The three costumes mentioned above are included as additional minifigures: denim jacket Spiderman with a hat, a black outfit and one with a gold spider logo.

-

Okay, I’m excited for the Spidey-Hideyhole now. Three new suits? Epic! I’m gonna be able to build a really great suit display now! Even if I did miss my earlier guess about them reusing Iron Spider.
Shame about the villains, though. That said, it would be nice if this was a reissue of the 2018 Green Goblin, I didn’t get that but I have to admit that was a pretty nice figure with the dual moulding. The other two are probably passes, since I still have the 2016 Ghost Rider and aren’t very attached to him as a character - unless the Dodge Charger is a really cool build, at any rate, but I doubt it. 

Re-reposting this because I did not realise we were starting a new page and don’t want this to be hard to find.

The spidey hidey hole is a bit weird of course, but i can see the fun in that set. And the black costume could be his symbiote suit (another sdcc we all wanted), so i keep my fingers crossed. 
the hat is probably with eyes printed on, as if he is putting his mask on. I have a few of those from the chinese minifig market and that is really working well as a mask. Also arm-print is nice to see. 

a missed opportunity to not involve Lizard (or Vermin) as a villain in the spidey hole. Assuming it is a hole in NYC, so probably crawling with mutated lizards (or rats). I’m okay with green goblin btw. Just hoping for a good one. 

And so sad to see Carnage in the Ghostrider set.

It must be tough to be a lego designer and have to follow orders of stupid people that only see money (which i get, but don’t like)

9 hours ago, nintendude64 said:

Is it weird if I would prefer this so I could stick it on an actual shield piece?

Don't do it. I've tried with similarly shaped stickers, the curved shape of the shield makes parts of the sticker crease and stick up. It looks bad and gradually becomes unstuck.

Thank god Lego continues to make terrible Spider-Man sets so I feel no draw to get them. I'll get the Hell Charger if it actually includes Robbie Reyes and not a repeat of Johnny Blaze; I can't imagine the build will look good but oh well, I have the Speed Champions Dodge Charger, I can just mod that. Sidenote, I'm still salty over Marvel cancelling his show before it was even released.

Edit: Maybe Carnage means Red Goblin in the set? That was a thing at one point. I'm probably being too optimistic, but eh.

Edited by ood0

We should have sene this coming, but I’m still disappointed. We don’t even get any new vilians, at least last year we had mysterio! Heck, there aren’t even many new figs, only Robbie Reyes and 2 of the suits (I’m convinced the one with the gold symbol is just this year’s iron spider again). My only hope is that the different hair piece for doc ock might imply a new figure, but maybe they just took the old one and have him a haircut. Also, I don’t know why any of you have hope for the green goblin minifig, it’s going to be the 2019 juniors one, I’m sure.

(edit: I hope they aren’t sticking with the MCU ‘mysterio uses drones’ thing, because if so I feel like the set won’t include any illusionary things)

Edited by NetherCreeper

10 minutes ago, NetherCreeper said:

We should have sene this coming, but I’m still disappointed. We don’t even get any new vilians, at least last year we had mysterio! Heck, there aren’t even many new figs, only Robbie Reyes and 2 of the suits (I’m convinced the one with the gold symbol is just this year’s iron spider again). My only hope is that the different hair piece for doc ock might imply a new figure, but maybe they just took the old one and have him a haircut. Also, I don’t know why any of you have hope for the green goblin minifig, it’s going to be the 2019 juniors one, I’m sure.

Maybe Lady Doc Ock from SpiderVerse?

I just think they’ll use the brown Flitwick hair on Doc Ock. Or maybe, and that would be cool, the Will Byers hair in brown?

Also, this would‘ve been a good opportunity to round out the Spiderverse cast by including Peni Parker and SP//dr in one of the sets, but NOPE. More Venom and Carnage it is :shrug_confused:

welp, I guess we needed MORE Venom and Carnage minifigs...it is cool to get green goblin again because the only one I liked was in the ultimate bridge battle set. As for the spidey figs based on the descriptions, I think they are Spider-Punk, The Stealth Suit, and the Iron Spider (would love for the "black suit" to be the symbiote). Also I was right in hypothesizing that this will be ITSV looking 

2 hours ago, ood0 said:

Don't do it. I've tried with similarly shaped stickers, the curved shape of the shield makes parts of the sticker crease and stick up. It looks bad and gradually becomes unstuck.

Thank god Lego continues to make terrible Spider-Man sets so I feel no draw to get them. I'll get the Hell Charger if it actually includes Robbie Reyes and not a repeat of Johnny Blaze; I can't imagine the build will look good but oh well, I have the Speed Champions Dodge Charger, I can just mod that. Sidenote, I'm still salty over Marvel cancelling his show before it was even released.

Edit: Maybe Carnage means Red Goblin in the set? That was a thing at one point. I'm probably being too optimistic, but eh.

I'm still salty about them canceling the Ghost Rider series too.

Spider-man being thrown in was a given but Carnage is an unfortunate repeat. You make a good point about Red Goblin and that would be awesome but I wouldn't count on it, especially with this theme's track record That said, all I want from the set is a Robbie Reyes Ghost Rider and a decent looking Hell Charger, anything else is just bonus after that. I seriously doubt they'd shove in the exact same Johnny Blaze Ghost Rider in this but if they do you better believe I'll come down on them with the rage of a thousand suns. It sucks everything else for the other sets are just complete rehashes. At least Dock Ock sounds like a new variation and given the Spider-cave seems to be heavily based on Into the Spiderverse it wouldn't surprise me if we get the ultimate Green Goblin in bigfig form but of course I wouldn't hold my breath. 

Edited by ToaDraco

3 hours ago, Borex said:

Yeah! Doc Ock, Venom, Carnage and Sandman! We didn’t have them yet! 

Yeah!!! I wonder how they'll look as LEGO minifigures!

The lair sounds a lot like this

Do Into the Spider-Verse's Aunt May and Doctor Octopus know each other?Spider-Man: Into the Spider-verse - Spider-Lair, by Patrick O'Keefe :  ImaginarySpidey

The Spider-Man with the denim jacket and hat sounds like it could be Spider-Punk with his mohawk.

The one with the gold logo could be the Anti-Ock suit from the PS4 game or a repeat of the Iron Spider.

I want the black outfit to be the Symbiote but I doubt that. It could be the Big Time stealth suit with the green logo. Or maybe its the Secret War suit with that blue logo that looks like a surfer’s body suit. Or it could just be Miles lol. 

Big YIKES. This is a new level of lame. Heck I’d be ok if they reuse Kraven, Scorpion, or Electro from years ago. Looks like the only Spidey villains Lego knows are Venom, Venom, and more Venom

Edited by HarryVader

The spidey hidey hole sounds awfully reminiscent of a stupid officially licensed LEGO cartoon from a year or 2 ago. That also had green goblin and venom. The intriguing part about this is that the venom was a big fig for the majority of the time...

Edited by SuperGrover
Spelling

Disappointing to see another Spider-Man wave that keeps playing it safe by recycling the same old characters. Why not shake things up with someone new like Lizard, Kingpin or Black Cat? Or classic renditions of Electro, Shocker and Rhino?

3 hours ago, ood0 said:

I actually meant the flat 2x2 shields from old castle sets, which by my theory should fit perfectly.

And let me second that yikes for the minifigures. Every time we get out hopes up that Lego would include at least ONE new villain in Spidey sets, we are let down.

Robbie Reyes is the only desirable fig for me based only off the descriptions, and hopefully he is actually done properly and not just some rehash of Johnny Blaze.

1 hour ago, TOTDForever said:

Also I was right in hypothesizing that this will be ITSV looking 

Not exactly a hard to reach hypothesis considering we haven't really seen a Spidey-Hidey-Hole anywhere else :shrug_oh_well:

I'm excited about the Spider-man lair due to the new suits. Really hoping they'll put in some interesting variants that we haven't gotten yet.

Sad to see Lego recycling so many characters, but it's probably what is selling best. I just wish kids were more interested in getting X-men or FF sets. :tongue::sad:

If they're going to keep giving us a hundred Venoms a year can they at least make one of them a bigfig? Please? Also, Lizard, Rhino and Kingpin are loooong overdue. I'm starting to really worry that they'd actually be stupid enough to just throw in the Johnny Blaze Ghost Rider instead of giving us a proper Robbie Reyes Ghost Rider that actually belongs with the Hell Charger. I'm going to be worrying about it until we get more concrete info/pictures. Surely they wouldn't be that brazenly lazy right? Right?.... *huh*

Edited by ToaDraco

Falconfan said something interesting about the lair set. The price doesn’t match up too well with the # of parts. So... Does that mean a big fig Venom is in included?? :drool:

It could also possibly be based on the Vexed by Venom series/movie Lego put out as Spidey fights GG and big Venom in that and also has a secret lair.

@Guyon2002 - And EU has been getting fantastic things that US/CA didn't get!

Edited by JintaiZ