Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Looks like a pretty nice set. Shame its an exclusive but hopefully the minifigures will eventually show up in a separate polybag like Captain Marvel did.

Edited by wesker

Is there any chance that the minifig pieces will be available on bricks and pieces?

7 minutes ago, Thieda said:

Is there any chance that the minifig pieces will be available on bricks and pieces?

Highly unlikely. Sometimes a licensed piece makes it to B&P but that doesn't happen often and I don't think a SDCC exclusive print has ever been made available on there

5 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Highly unlikely. Sometimes a licensed piece makes it to B&P but that doesn't happen often and I don't think a SDCC exclusive print has ever been made available on there

I'm gonna make a custom Red Guardian with the same head and hair then I'm gonna use the torso and legs from the T-16 skyhopper pilot!

Con exclusives are the worst. At least the vehicle is a sucky version of the Hydra tank and not something that legitimately looks good like Captain Marvel's jet in last year's SDCC set.

Oh, and they could have included that printed shield tile in the other Black Widow movie set, but instead they gave us a tiny radar dish piece and put the shield tile in a set most of us will never get which it will probably remain exclusive to. Great, thanks, good move lego.

31 minutes ago, ood0 said:

Oh, and they could have included that printed shield tile in the other Black Widow movie set, but instead they gave us a tiny radar dish piece and put the shield tile in a set most of us will never get which it will probably remain exclusive to. Great, thanks, good move lego.

Or they could've just printed that design on a proper shield piece (which already exists in grey thanks to the Silent Mary) and put it in both the retail and SDCC sets

OK, where do I get this? And why does Lego always have to make all the good stuff exclusive???

They better make this available in Lego stores because I’m getting this day 1

Just now, Marvelous Spidey said:

He reuses the Hopper Head! :laugh: I'm honestly surprised, I didn't think they could use a head from another licensed theme. even if it's the same actor

The Stranger Things heads are also available on B&P so Netflix probably doesn't care much about that

Also, have we ever had stickers in a CC exclusive set? Because it definitely looks like this set has stickers

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

The Stranger Things heads are also available on B&P so Netflix probably doesn't care much about that

Fair enough. I was very excited when I found that out.

8 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Hi so we are getting red guardian figure!!!

new black widow set revealed!!

How do you know it has red guardian I’m assuming it does but still

never mind I just saw the pictures 

Edited by Noobmaster69

7 minutes ago, Noobmaster69 said:

How do you know it has red guardian I’m assuming it does but still

Uhm, because he's very prominently displayed on the box?

Edited by Guyon2002

I just realized that Taskmaster's tank has his logo and his name printed on the front. That's cute

5 minutes ago, HarryVader said:

I just realized that Taskmaster's tank has his logo and his name printed on the front. That's cute

Noticed that too, it's such a stupid little detail it's almost laughable

23 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Noticed that too, it's such a stupid little detail it's almost laughable

It’s like Taskmaster is scared of people not knowing who he is. 

Just now, Noobmaster69 said:

I kinda wish red guardian had his helmet

Me too. Cap’s helmet would have been perfect

18 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Marvel using Fortnite to introduce these characters to younger audiences is obvious, not hard to figure that out. I do not, however, think this means we'll get Blade in a set soon. Earliest we'll see him is most likely sets for his MCU movie

*cough* Jarvis from Agent Carter in Endgame *cough* :tongue:

If they wanted to put Jarvis in Endgame without acknowledge the TV shows they would've just cast a new actor for the role, not bring back James D'Arcy

I agree its fairly murky but I will say that Agent Carter was the only Marvel Television series at the time with Kevin Feige credited as an EP, had episodes directed by one of the Russo Brothers and was created by Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely. That, creatively is as close a connection to the MCU as you can get, but I firmly believe it to be the exception. None of those people were involved with any other series at any level, so we might look back on Agent Carter as the first true Marvel Studios series. Whilst there may have been some corporate synergy between Marvel Studios and Television during AoS's early days, that clearly disappeared after the shows canon began to clearly defy that of the films. In no way will Feige bring over any of the TV cast to the films, unless its a JK Simmons playing a different version of J Jonah situation, but again I think that will be a rarity. 

As for this set, I suspect it might actually be available on the store worldwide due to Cons being cancelled, and if not, a possible polybag with Red Guardian and Nat in her white outfit might be quite easy to obtain. I managed to get the Captain Marvel and Nick Fury polybag quite easily in the UK.

10 minutes ago, SchwimmerFunHouse8907 said:

I agree its fairly murky but I will say that Agent Carter was the only Marvel Television series at the time with Kevin Feige credited as an EP, had episodes directed by one of the Russo Brothers and was created by Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely. That, creatively is as close a connection to the MCU as you can get, but I firmly believe it to be the exception. None of those people were involved with any other series at any level, so we might look back on Agent Carter as the first true Marvel Studios series. Whilst there may have been some corporate synergy between Marvel Studios and Television during AoS's early days, that clearly disappeared after the shows canon began to clearly defy that of the films. In no way will Feige bring over any of the TV cast to the films, unless its a JK Simmons playing a different version of J Jonah situation, but again I think that will be a rarity. 

As for this set, I suspect it might actually be available on the store worldwide due to Cons being cancelled, and if not, a possible polybag with Red Guardian and Nat in her white outfit might be quite easy to obtain. I managed to get the Captain Marvel and Nick Fury polybag quite easily in the UK.

Jarvis was brought over yet nothing in Agent Carter was referenced at all. What's to stop them doing the exact same thing with Quake? She's popular, the actress clearly likes playing the character enough to reprise the role in an animated show, they will have already explained Inhumans with the Ms Marvel show. There's nothing stopping them having her show up and someone going "This is Daisy Johnson, she's an Inhuman SWORD agent" and then having her do some stuff to introduce her to new audiences.

I highly doubt the set will be available worldwide. Bespin Duel wasn't, comic book Wonder Woman vs Cheetah (while Etta Candy watches) wasn't, why should this one be either? The most we can do is hope that they'll release a polybag but a large part of me feels like it was a 1-off because they made too many of the parts or something.

I love that Lego is building some continuity with characters portrayed by the same actor. I hope this becomes a trend

53 minutes ago, ood0 said:

Jarvis was brought over yet nothing in Agent Carter was referenced at all. What's to stop them doing the exact same thing with Quake? She's popular, the actress clearly likes playing the character enough to reprise the role in an animated show, they will have already explained Inhumans with the Ms Marvel show. There's nothing stopping them having her show up and someone going "This is Daisy Johnson, she's an Inhuman SWORD agent" and then having her do some stuff to introduce her to new audiences.

I highly doubt the set will be available worldwide. Bespin Duel wasn't, comic book Wonder Woman vs Cheetah (while Etta Candy watches) wasn't, why should this one be either? The most we can do is hope that they'll release a polybag but a large part of me feels like it was a 1-off because they made too many of the parts or something.

But hey, the parts are really nothing special. Build your own! (if you like them) :wink:

Call me crazy, but Electro was the best part of the TASM 2 film in my opinion. I'm so happy about this. I hope we get new Lego variants of him

Edited by HarryVader

Spider-Man 3 sets are about to become my most anticipated Lego wave after The Batman. If they actually do a Spider-Verse movie (which is actually possible now with this news), it could give us so many amazing minifigures.