Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Am I the only one hoping that one of these sets uses this piece (https://brickset.com/sets/containing-part-6317556) for mysterio? Even if the figure was the same, that accessory would totally make it worth it. Beyond that, pleas give us some new villains, but if the buggy set is any sign of what’s coming, I guess we’ll be disappointed.

Also, for the Cap Mech, I would like it to be a comic suit, so the new helmet can be made in blue. That would make the Mech worth it, for me at least. I wouldn’t mind these Mech sets as long as they provide new figures that we won’t get 5 of in the next wave (square enix iron man).

1 hour ago, JediJosh said:

Do you think we'll start to see pics soon or at least get info on what other figures will be included in each set?

We've literally only just got this information, we won't get pics for a couple months, but more information and leaked figures will most likely pop up before that. But not anytime soon

9 minutes ago, NetherCreeper said:

Am I the only one hoping that one of these sets uses this piece (https://brickset.com/sets/containing-part-6317556) for mysterio? Even if the figure was the same, that accessory would totally make it worth it. Beyond that, pleas give us some new villains, but if the buggy set is any sign of what’s coming, I guess we’ll be disappointed.

That piece would be great on Mysterio, but while I wouldn't put it past LEGO to do this, I'd rather have someone else in the sets, even if it was an updated former figure. I bought the Doc Ock 4+ set just for him, and he popped back up, so I'd hate to have it happen again with Mysterio (unless he pops up in the Ghost Rider set, then I'd have something better to gain out of a repeat minifigure)

Nice to get a bit more info, I had hoped for more about the Ghost Rider Car set but it's nice to get confirmation it will indeed be Robbie Reyes with the Dodge Charger. I can't wait to get more details on how the build looks and how the figure looks. It doesn't sound like there will be any other figures with it but maybe they just don't know. 

9 minutes ago, ToaDraco said:

Nice to get a bit more info, I had hoped for more about the Ghost Rider Car set but it's nice to get confirmation it will indeed be Robbie Reyes with the Dodge Charger. I can't wait to get more details on how the build looks and how the figure looks. It doesn't sound like there will be any other figures with it but maybe they just don't know. 

I hope that the Dodge Charger is a build like the speed cars line, and not a goofy build with massive wheels and rocket launchers. 

18 minutes ago, ToaDraco said:

I’m sure he’s not alone in that set. Since it’s with the other Spider-Man sets, I’m guessing it’ll be like last time and we’ll get Spider-Man and, looking at last year’s sets, some repeat villain. 

I’m glad the set is only $20 dollars, we’ll actually get a normal sized car in an action theme, instead of the usual massive $30-$40 dollar one-seaters. 

6 minutes ago, Borex said:

I hope that the Dodge Charger is a build like the speed cars line, and not a goofy build with massive wheels and rocket launchers. 

uhh, do stud shooters count? Those are guaranteed for sure. Also, I’m willing to bet it’s got a forward rake or larger tires in the back. I hope we’re lucky.

Edited by NetherCreeper

Yeah, a generic Spider-man is a super safe bet. I do hope the inevitable action features aren't obnoxious. I'm half expecting the blower on the hood to be made using silver stud shooters but I hope I'm wrong. I can definitely see it having a forward rake since that's often how it's portrayed in the comics. I am definitely picturing something similar to the Dodge Challenger SRT Demon from the Speed Champions line but with far fewer or ideally no stickers. It definitely won't look exactly like a Dodge Charger unless LEGO secured the license for this set which I seriously doubt.

Well you better pick up the phone because I freakin' called it lol. I'm really happy with how the Ghost Rider set turned out. It's basically the Speed Champions SRT Demon with 3 stud shooters for the blower and I don't actually mind. It looks great and zooming in on the picture it definitely looks like a silver head on fire so it's definitely a proper Robbie Reyes Ghost Rider! Also, is that a new flame piece on the side of the Hell Charger?

Edited by ToaDraco

Usually don't care about the Marvel Comics sets but as the MCU stayed pretty close to the comic design with Robbie Reyes' Ghostrider this set is definetely really interesting! 

Honestly I’m not incredibly optimistic for this wave. The Spider-Man Hideout might, might might might, have some interesting content. In 2018 we got Ghost Spider and Miles Morales, then Ghost Spider was repeated this year. Given the Venomosaurus set contains currently-exclusive versions of Iron Spider and Spider-Ham, I fully expect one of those two to be repeated in a 2021 set while the other will remain exclusive. (I’d say it’s a 70-30 chance in favour of Iron Spider since Spider-Ham needs that expensive special head mould whereas Iron Spider is just existing parts and a couple of exclusive prints. Plus, if the Spidey-Hidey-Hole DOES contain a suit rack then Iron Spider is perfect because of how in some versions Iron Spider is a separate character and sometimes it’s an alternate suit for Spidey.)

Comics Mysterio is 100% going to reappear in another set. It wouldn’t surprise me if Noir or Anya also reappeared, likely in the Monster Truck set. Something that big will almost definitely have two heroes. Still, we can hope for one or two new villains, or at least versions thereof. Are there any villains who Ghost Rider often tangles with but are part of Spider-Man’s rogues gallery?

Also, I might be wrong but I think we now have every mainstream alternate version of Spider-Man except Peni Parker and Sp//dr, and I think if Sp//dr was in a set it would have been mentioned in the name. Peter, Miles, Gwen, Noir and Ham from Spiderverse, Anya from the 2017 series . .  I guess we haven’t gotten Superior Spider-Man. And Madame Web was in the last season of the older Spider-Man show. Are there any other Spiders we might expect to see as new figures in these sets?

54 minutes ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

Spidey-Hidey-Hole 

If this isn't the name of the set, I swear... :grin::grin:

54 minutes ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

Are there any villains who Ghost Rider often tangles with but are part of Spider-Man’s rogues gallery?

The same was asked the first time Ghost Riders name popped up, don't think anyone guessed Hobgoblin. My most optimistic guess would be Morbius or Mister Negative, but it could easily be a repeat of Green Goblin, Carnage or Mysterio

I'm not huge on the mechs, but they're decent for what they are, I suppose. If we get Classic Cap/Thor, they may be worth a pickup.

Ghost Rider's car is interesting, chances are they'll toss in Spider-Man, but the villain is what intrigues me most. Hopefully it's not just a car-based rehash of the 2016 set (with Hobgoblin), and hopefully no symbiotes. Would kill to get a classic Electro, as that would at long last complete the Sinister Six.

Spider-Man Hideout hopefully isn't what @Fenghuang0296 thinks it is, and I mean that in the best way possible. I firmly believe that it's actually going to be some sort of villain hideout, (after all, Spidey doesn't have a Bat-Cave, Spiderverse be damned :laugh:) which leads me to believe we may see Kingpin and/or Daredevil finally. Throw in another Mysterio, and I think this could be a great set. It's the only one I'm really excited for, provided it's not Spider-Man's hideout.

27 minutes ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

Are there any other Spiders we might expect to see as new figures in these sets?

Hopefully none :tongue:, but I wouldn't mind an Spider-Knight/Armored Spider-Man, or Ashley Barton. Actually, Silk would be the best choice, as she's the only main-universe Spider we haven't gotten yet (including SDCC's Jessica Drew)

31 minutes ago, ARC2149Nova said:

after all, Spidey doesn't have a Bat-Cave, Spiderverse be damned :laugh:

But where else would he keep his buggy, helicopter, walker, plane, mechs and bikes?

latest?cb=20130327061034

Just now, Quicksilver838 said:

But where else would he keep his buggy, helicopter, walker, plane, mechs and bikes?

In his imagination. :laugh: (Seriously, he's Spider-Man, he doesn't need vehicles)

His only real hideout/base is his apartment.

(Also for the record, that episode of USM took place in Boston)

56 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

If this isn't the name of the set, I swear... :grin::grin:

I don't care what they call it, it's the Spidey-Hidey Hole to me now.

Carnage helmet will be based on Venom 2????? Can we expect Venom 2 sets now? 

Edited by HarryVader

3 hours ago, HarryVader said:

Carnage helmet will be based on Venom 2????? Can we expect Venom 2 sets now? 

I really hope not, if Venom 2 gets sets and FaWS/WV don't I'm getting my pitchfork out of storage

Edited by Guyon2002

8 hours ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

Are there any villains who Ghost Rider often tangles with but are part of Spider-Man’s rogues gallery?

None that specifically related to the Robbie Reyes Ghost Rider but in terms of the Ghost Rider part of the Marvel universe, Morbius was a member of the Midnight Sons with Johnny Blaze and Danny Ketch and Demogoblin was featured in a team-up between Spider-man and the Danny Ketch Ghost Rider which seemed to be the inspiration for the previous Ghost Rider LEGO set. As far as Robbie's rogues gallery is concerned, it's pretty sparse. The most notable villain was Mr. Hyde which would be interesting especially if they decided to include Quake. They could kill 2 birds with 1 stone by pleasing fans of the comics and AoS fans. However, having a $20 Ghost Rider set with the Robbie Reyes Ghost Rider, Quake and Mr. Hyde sounds too good to be true so there's no way that's what we're getting, especially with this theme's track record.

Edited by ToaDraco

6 hours ago, BigGuy4U said:

I don't care what they call it, it's the Spidey-Hidey Hole to me now.

Aw, thanks! Pretty proud of that. :laugh:

7 hours ago, ARC2149Nova said:

I'm not huge on the mechs, but they're decent for what they are, I suppose. If we get Classic Cap/Thor, they may be worth a pickup.

Ghost Rider's car is interesting, chances are they'll toss in Spider-Man, but the villain is what intrigues me most. Hopefully it's not just a car-based rehash of the 2016 set (with Hobgoblin), and hopefully no symbiotes. Would kill to get a classic Electro, as that would at long last complete the Sinister Six.

Spider-Man Hideout hopefully isn't what @Fenghuang0296 thinks it is, and I mean that in the best way possible. I firmly believe that it's actually going to be some sort of villain hideout, (after all, Spidey doesn't have a Bat-Cave, Spiderverse be damned :laugh:) which leads me to believe we may see Kingpin and/or Daredevil finally. Throw in another Mysterio, and I think this could be a great set. It's the only one I'm really excited for, provided it's not Spider-Man's hideout.

Hopefully none :tongue:, but I wouldn't mind an Spider-Knight/Armored Spider-Man, or Ashley Barton. Actually, Silk would be the best choice, as she's the only main-universe Spider we haven't gotten yet (including SDCC's Jessica Drew)

Meh to the mechs, personally. I’d be very surprised if they redid Hobgoblin, and agreed Electro would be great. Same for Kingpin and Daredevil, though if they’re going to do any version of Kingpin it’ll likely be the Spider-Verse version, which would require a bigfig, which might be more than they’re willing to spend. Honestly, as great as a bigfig Kingpin or Lizard would be, any set they were in would inevitably have trashy builds - oh on that note, if we’re listing villains we want to see, I would love a Lizard. Any version really - though I have a soft spot for Peter Parker as the Lizard from Ghost Spider’s universe. 
A villain hideout would definitely be more interesting than the Spidey-Hideyhole, but if that were it it would probably be mentioned in the set name. It’s not like they called the Ghost Rider set ‘Spider-Man Car’. 

Spider-Knight would be awesome. I remember him from Ultimate Spider-Man, I’d love to see him in LEGO form. But that was in 2014, and as far as I know he hasn’t appeared in any media since . . then again neither has Amadeus Cho’s Iron Spider (I think) and we got him in the Venomosaurus. Though Iron Spider had a much larger role in that show. 
Also, eh . . who’s Silk?

2 hours ago, ToaDraco said:

They could kill 2 birds with 1 stone by pleasing fans of the comics and AoS fans. However, having a $20 Ghost Rider set with the Robbie Reyes Ghost Rider, Quake and Mr. Hyde sounds too good to be true so there's no way that's what we're getting, especially with this theme's track record.

That would be a dream come true, so naturally that's a set we'll never see

1 hour ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

Also, eh . . who’s Silk?

Anyone please correct me if I'm wrong but if I recall correctly her name's Cindy Moon and she got bitten by the same spider as Peter shortly after him. Then there's a whole lot of stuff with the Inheritors (vampire-like characters who hunt down Spider Totems across the multiverse) and that's pretty much all I know about her. 

Just now, Franken said:

Do we have set descriptions of the Eternals sets yet? Also, weren't they 5 sets? Or only 4?

No and there have always been 4 sets. All we know is that one of the sets contains a triangular ship

11 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

No and there have always been 4 sets. All we know is that one of the sets contains a triangular ship

I hope we get stuff soon at lest for one set or a minifig but I think we won’t no anything until black widow comes out and the trailer drops

On 9/19/2020 at 4:33 AM, Fenghuang0296 said:

I’d be very surprised if they redid Hobgoblin, and agreed Electro would be great. Same for Kingpin and Daredevil, though if they’re going to do any version of Kingpin it’ll likely be the Spider-Verse version, which would require a bigfig, which might be more than they’re willing to spend. Honestly, as great as a bigfig Kingpin or Lizard would be, any set they were in would inevitably have trashy builds - oh on that note, if we’re listing villains we want to see, I would love a Lizard. Any version really - though I have a soft spot for Peter Parker as the Lizard from Ghost Spider’s universe. 
A villain hideout would definitely be more interesting than the Spidey-Hideyhole, but if that were it it would probably be mentioned in the set name. It’s not like they called the Ghost Rider set ‘Spider-Man Car’. 

Spider-Knight would be awesome. I remember him from Ultimate Spider-Man, I’d love to see him in LEGO form. But that was in 2014, and as far as I know he hasn’t appeared in any media since . . then again neither has Amadeus Cho’s Iron Spider (I think) and we got him in the Venomosaurus. Though Iron Spider had a much larger role in that show. 
Also, eh . . who’s Silk?

Almost every version of Kingpin (sans Netflix) would be a bigfig, so even if we get the classic white suit it'll still be a bigfig. I do think if it's not Kingpin, then Lizard is the next best choice. For a $50 set, I'm really hoping it has a bigger villain. Thinking really hard about it, the set name could be a roundabout hint towards Lizard (the sewers count as a "hidey-hole"), but that's probably more thought than Lego's put into the entire theme.

I think there's a silver Armored Spider, who was in the Spider-verse comics event, which is the other side of the coin I mentioned. Like @Guyon2002 said, Silk (real name Cindy Moon) was bitten by the same spider that bit Peter. I think she was hidden away, or something weird like that, before debuting with the Spider-verse event. On that note, I'd really love to see Morlun get a figure (despite how unlikely that would be).

I’m still amazed at how good that Spider-man bridge set was from a few years ago. At this point I just see spidey sets as “may have a figure worth bricklinking” and that’s it (Mysterio, Noir, Ham...)

Marvel deserves better. I’m amazed Avengers Tower is as good as it is.

6 minutes ago, doclord said:

I’m still amazed at how good that Spider-man bridge set was from a few years ago. At this point I just see spidey sets as “may have a figure worth bricklinking” and that’s it (Mysterio, Noir, Ham...)

Marvel deserves better. I’m amazed Avengers Tower is as good as it is.

The main problem is that most sets just keep recycling the same boring old concepts (oversized motorcycle, jet, drone, buggy, car, truck, mech etc) in weird colorschemes even though there is more than enough material in both the movies and comics to base these sets on. I'm still convinced MCU Legacy sets need to be a thing.