Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

15 minutes ago, SuperGrover said:

Seeing as 2021 sets are being leaked, shouldn’t a Marvel Superheroes 2021 speculation/rumors/discussion  page be started?

The discussion threads for most themes are named for the current year, so all discussion taking place in 2020 for Marvel sets belongs in this thread regardless of what year the sets are released in. Star Wars is one of the few exceptions to this rule so that may be where you're getting confused.

1 minute ago, Noobmaster69 said:

Is this one only for 2020?

I don’t really know. I joined after this page started. I don’t really know if it’s for the sets of that year, or a page for each year.

Just now, BigGuy4U said:

The discussion threads for most themes are named for the current year, so all discussion taking place in 2020 for Marvel sets belongs in this thread regardless of what year the sets are released in. Star Wars is one of the few exceptions to this rule so that may be where you're getting confused.

Cool thanks. Sorry about that.

I don’t know if this has already been discussed, but will we get WandaVision sets at the beginning of 2021? 

1 hour ago, HarryVader said:

I don’t know if this has already been discussed, but will we get WandaVision sets at the beginning of 2021? 

We don't know. Fingers crossed though because I don't think I'm able to handle waiting for Doctor Strange 2 for a new Wanda fig :tongue:

Thor and Cap mechs sound silly but they might turn out alright. I did have a cool thought though. What if the Thor mech is the Destroyer armor? That'd be really cool! More than likely t's just a mech that looks like Thor with a brick-built hammer but man wouldn't it be cool to basically get 2 characters in one like that! The Cap mech could be pretty cool if it was maybe green and looked like it was made of tank parts but that's pretty unlikely. Again, it'll probably look like Cap. At the very least we might get a larger version of Cap's shield printed on a larger disk piece, that would certainly be useful.

13 minutes ago, ToaDraco said:

Thor and Cap mechs sound silly but they might turn out alright. I did have a cool thought though. What if the Thor mech is the Destroyer armor? That'd be really cool! More than likely t's just a mech that looks like Thor with a brick-built hammer but man wouldn't it be cool to basically get 2 characters in one like that! The Cap mech could be pretty cool if it was maybe green and looked like it was made of tank parts but that's pretty unlikely. Again, it'll probably look like Cap. At the very least we might get a larger version of Cap's shield printed on a larger disk piece, that would certainly be useful.

A $10 Thor VS Destroyer set sounds a million times better than a Thor Mech, too bad it's most likely the latter

Just now, Falconfan1414 said:

Thor mech is going to be a thor mech but I think there might be something in it worth buying the set for 

An exclusive Thor? That's the only thing that would make me even consider it as a fine set.

15 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Thor mech is going to be a thor mech but I think there might be something in it worth buying the set for 

I would think a big Mjolnir that the mech holds

Also, is there any info on that Thanos set? Is it going to be as disappointing as we’re all anticipating right now? 

Edited by HarryVader

10 minutes ago, HarryVader said:

I would think a big Mjolnir that the mech holds

This sentence already makes my skin crawl, just the logistics behind it are :sick: 

A big mech-compatible version of Mjolnir would be a ''fake'' and not have the same powers etc so unless it's a big mech wielding the normal Mjolnir piece it wouldn't make any sense. But even that logic is extremely flawed as a mech suit wouldn't be worthy :sceptic:

This is pretty much the whole ''why does superhero A need vehicle B if A can do C?'' thing all over again 

58 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

This sentence already makes my skin crawl, just the logistics behind it are :sick: 

Haha throughout the years I’ve learned to anticipate only the absolute worst when it comes to Lego Marvel 

I would love it if Lego makes a Destroyer but come on we all know that it’s most likely a silly mech with a big and silly hammer 

1 hour ago, Falconfan1414 said:

It would be cool if there was a new Stormbreaker piece or updated Mjolnir. Seems unlikely though.

1 hour ago, nintendude64 said:

It would be cool if there was a new Stormbreaker piece or updated Mjolnir. Seems unlikely though.

I was thinking it could be another video game version of Thor but with the Starktech armor.

17 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

More info, courtesy of promobricks: https://www.promobricks.de/lego-super-heroes-2021-neuheiten/109095/

The Iron Man vs Thanos and Spidey vs Sandman sets will be 4+ :shrug_oh_well: Missed opportunity for a Thanoscopter right there :tongue:

Yeah, but supposedly Spider-Man has printed arms in the 4+ set! I wouldn’t have expected that, but I hope that figure is in the other sets too.

Not the first time I've begged for this, but I really hope Sandman has a regular torso without sand splashed all over his shirt

18 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Not the first time I've begged for this, but I really hope Sandman has a regular torso without sand splashed all over his shirt

The description mentions a “sand pedestal”, so it’s either a direct reissue of the 2018 version or at least very similar to it. Even if it’s a different piece (e.g. the Hidden Side ghost effect piece), chances are it’s going to be a sandy torso :shrug_oh_well:

Tinkerer confirmed as Miles Morales game villain. Over or under 50% Tinkerer will be in a set?

2 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

More info, courtesy of promobricks: https://www.promobricks.de/lego-super-heroes-2021-neuheiten/109095/

The Iron Man vs Thanos and Spidey vs Sandman sets will be 4+ :shrug_oh_well: Missed opportunity for a Thanoscopter right there :tongue:

Another minifig Thanos...? Fingers crossed that he’s at least new or MCU inspired, but they may just reuse the mech figure

Edited by HarryVader

Do you think we'll start to see pics soon or at least get info on what other figures will be included in each set?

19 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Is it the comic helmet? The one with the yellow hair and wings and all? :pir-love: