Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Please please please give us a good big fig of Thanos. That’s all I ask for.

It’s weird that they’re releasing Eternals in January as the movie will most likely come out in May 2020 now. 

4 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Well, that’s a twist... *huh* Still doesn’t explain the SW set number discrepancy. Or was that a different leaker (or a would-be one) altogether?

That was my fault. I had the wrong number on my list and they used it as guidance. Everything I have seen from them so far and heard signals it’s true 

3 minutes ago, BigGuy4U said:

Can someone post the full list of sets here? The usual place isn't working for me at the moment.

76168 Captain America (9.99)

76169 Thor (9.99)

76170 Iron Man Vs Thanos (19.99)

76171 Miles Morales (9.99)

76172 Spider Man Buggy (9.99)

76173 Ghost Rider Car (19.99)

76174 Spider Man Monster Truck (39.99)

76175 Spider Man Hideout (69.99)

76187 Carnage Helmet (59.99)

I find it funny that they're pushing Iron Man vs Thanos as the Marvel equivalent to Batman vs Joker. It KIND of makes sense, but... in the scope of all things Marvel it's kind of silly.

9 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

What about Batman sets? This leaker says that 76180 is $25 ($40 according to FF's list) and 75282 is $55 ($60 on FF's list).

His prices are weird for everything. Don’t pay attention to the price part

13 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

His prices are weird for everything. Don’t pay attention to the price part

Thanks for explaining. 

If this is true, then... well, we've got more disappointment. I guess that $10 Captain America, Thor, Miles Morales and $20 Iron Man vs. Thanos are mechs. Great, more of this crap. I bet that none of them will come with any exclusive minifigures. Also, do we really need another Iron Man AND Thanos mechs? 

More crappy Spider-Man sets, yay. Unless they have new villains (for example Lizard or Kingpin) or new, BUT interesting variants of existing villains (comic accurate Electro or Shocker), then they are useless. 

Carnage helmet is a weird choice - why did they choose it over Spider-Man or Venom?

The only set that interests me is Ghost Rider car, I hope that at least this one turns out good.

Edited by THELEGOBATMAN

1 minute ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

The only set that interests me is Ghost Rider car, I hope that at least this one turns out good.

It's only $20 so I wouldn't expect much

I just saw the leaked info for the marvel 2021 sets, and I'm excited for some of them. The two standouts to me are the Spider-Man Hideout set and the Ghostrider Car set. For the Spidey hideout, I hope it includes a peter parker fig because the FFH hydro-man set is retired, I PRAY we get the lizard as a minifig too because he is my favorite villain. Robbie Reyes Ghostrider could be really awesome as well. 2020 has been a big disappointment for Lego Spider-Man imo so lets see what 2021 has to offer.

24 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Thanks for explaining. 

If this is true, then... well, we've got more disappointment. I guess that $10 Captain America, Thor, Miles Morales and $20 Iron Man vs. Thanos are mechs. Great, more of this crap. I bet that none of them will come with any exclusive minifigures. Also, do we really need another Iron Man AND Thanos mechs? 

More crappy Spider-Man sets, yay. Unless they have new villains (for example Lizard or Kingpin) or new, BUT interesting variants of existing villains (comic accurate Electro or Shocker), then they are useless. 

Carnage helmet is a weird choice - why did they choose it over Spider-Man or Venom?

I think it's a bit early to be throwing in the towel on this whole wave, we don't even know what the sets are going to look like or what minifigs they'll include. I think the Spider-Man Hideout has potential to be interesting whatever that is, (at least it's not yet another Spider-Vehicle) and nothing's been said that would indicate Iron Man vs. Thanos would be a mech set.

1 hour ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Also surprised to see something on the Eternals sets, there are apparently talks of Black Widow being moved again, meaning everything else gets pushed back. But if they do release January with the other sets, I'm gonna need as much Christmas money as possible :laugh:

No one has said anything about the Eternals sets yet.

I hope Spider-Man Hideout is a sewer set that gives us a big fig Lizard. Big fig Kingpin would also be nice for the wave. 

I just realized that the Spider-Man hideout set could be loosely based on his lair from Into the Spider-Verse. It could come with a display area for his suits, a mini spider buggy build, and a super computer build. This could be a great way to get different variants of Spider-Man we haven't gotten yet 

That Spider man monster truck set has me intrigued. I recall the Hulk/Red Hulk set to be a pair of monster trucks. I could see Spider man having a monster truck to take down a big fig Rhino. Maybe wishful thinking.

35 minutes ago, BigGuy4U said:

I think it's a bit early to be throwing in the towel on this whole wave, we don't even know what the sets are going to look like or what minifigs they'll include. I think the Spider-Man Hideout has potential to be interesting whatever that is, (at least it's not yet another Spider-Vehicle) and nothing's been said that would indicate Iron Man vs. Thanos would be a mech set.

If they make a good comicbook Spider-Man set I will eat my own hand. I have lost faith in those sets. Avengers sets had potential, but they just went back to awful Spider-Man vehicles. 

I still have some hope that those sets will surprise me in a good way, but as for now, my expectations are basically 0.

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Also, do we really need another Iron Man AND Thanos mechs? 

There's no way LEGO would just repeat Iron Man/Thanos mechs after one year. This will most likely just be a small set with a crappy build and 3 minifigures, no conformation that it includes mechs

57 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

It's only $20 so I wouldn't expect much

The last Ghost Rider set was $20, and all this set needs is the car. Shouldn't be oversized so a $20 set would fit it nicely, without any extra unnecessary builds, like the previous street corner with traffic lights

24 minutes ago, TakeaBrick said:

No one has said anything about the Eternals sets yet.

These same set names came with info that Eternals sets are January

23 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Thor's mech? lol

Isn't a Thor a god in the MCU? Why would he need a mech???

Why would Thanos? Or Spider Man? Or Venom? Probably means we'll be getting a giant Mjolnir

2 minutes ago, TOTDForever said:

I just realized that the Spider-Man hideout set could be loosely based on his lair from Into the Spider-Verse. It could come with a display area for his suits, a mini spider buggy build, and a super computer build. This could be a great way to get different variants of Spider-Man we haven't gotten yet 

If that is the case, I'd love to see his green Stealth Suit. Just hope they wouldn't go overboard and do too many suits, taking the slots away from much needed villains

latest?cb=20170929010410

2 hours ago, BigGuy4U said:

Can someone post the full list of sets here? The usual place isn't working for me at the moment.

Yeah can someone post them

never mind I didn’t see this page

Edited by Noobmaster69

1 hour ago, Robert8 said:

Thor's mech? lol

Isn't a Thor a god in the MCU? Why would he need a mech???

You could ask that same question for Spider-Man, Thanos and Cap

2 hours ago, Quicksilver838 said:

76173 Ghost Rider Car (19.99)

Since this will probably be the Robbie Reyes version of Ghost Rider, I wonder if the set will include Quake (hopefully with her Marvel: Rising design, since her comic appearance just looks like Maria Hill). It is a rather unlikely, but LEGO has included AoS material in comic-based sets before (Detroit Steel Strikes). 

2 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Since this will probably be the Robbie Reyes version of Ghost Rider, I wonder if the set will include Quake (hopefully with her Marvel: Rising design, since her comic appearance just looks like Maria Hill). It is a rather unlikely, but LEGO has included AoS material in comic-based sets before (Detroit Steel Strikes). 

If they do I really hope it's inspired by Chloe Bennet's on-screen version and not the comic character. But I'm getting my hopes up

20 hours ago, Noobmaster69 said:

Modok was supposed to be the original and possibly still is

12 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

MODOK was part of a rejected script proposal written by Paul Rudd himself, in no piont during the development has MODOK been actively considered to be the main villain.

Yeah, MODOK was in Paul Rudd’s script which definitely isn’t the final script for the movie. However, they’ve been considering bringing in MODOK for a while, and Agents of SHIELD was going to use him as the villain for Season 7 but the writers said Marvel took him away from them after they had already started developing it. Why would Marvel take MODOK away from the TV team unless they want to use him in a movie? I think MODOK may be the main villain and Kang will be a larger threat being set up for Avengers 5. It’s also possible that Majors was cast so early because he’ll be appearing in Loki. 

The 2021 sets sound okay but not great. A new Ghost Rider is awesome (hope it’s Robbie!), a Spider-Man hideout could maybe be like the Spidercave thing in Into the Spider-verse, and Iron Man vs Thanos could be a cool little set. A Carnage “helmet”, though? Very odd choice. Why would they make organic creatures for a helmet line when there’s plenty of other helmets they could do before him, like War Machine, Rescue, Black Panther, or Captain Marvel? And if you’re going to do a symbiote, why Carnage before Venom? And what ever happened to the Hulk bust we were supposedly getting in 2020? There’s a lot of potential in these 18+ sets for Marvel but I don’t think these helmets are being done well so far. 

Just now, THELEGOBATMAN said:

One of the Eternals sets will be a "big triangular spaceship", according to the guy who leaked all those set names today.

cheese-ship confirmed lol