Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

1 hour ago, Buckethead said:

Do we know if these numbers encompass the entirety of 2021? Or just the first few months of the next year?

It's for the 1st half of the year for Marvel & DC. However, we don't know if any of these are movie/show sets that might get delayed.

4 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Sigh... I hate how Lego still has both Marvel and DC under Super Heores line. If that wasn't the case, we would know which ones are Marvel and which ones are DC. Let's hope we hear info about January sets soon so the list becomes less... useless.

I also see a pattern there - 76168-76173 go like $10, $10 and $20 two times - I think that these could be mechs for Marvel and DC. For both we could get 2 single mechs, and one "versus" type of set.

Has it been confirmed that DC will also get Mechs this year? 

4 hours ago, Lionbear8 said:

Has it been confirmed that DC will also get Mechs this year? 

Nope, no mechs have been confirmed for 2021. That's just speculation.

2 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Nope, no mechs have been confirmed for 2021. That's just speculation.

I mean, I could definitely see them doing a Batman Mech. There’s definitely more precedent for it than the Spider-Man Mech.

So does anyone think they’ll keep using the same Iron Man in next year’s sets or might we get a new variant? I really hope they update him; there was a time when we got a new Iron Man every year. I actually counted, the Mark 6/7 in 2012, Heartbreaker and 42 in 2013, 44 in 2014, Space and Scuba in 2015, 46 in 2016, 47 and Invincible in 2017, 50 in 2018, and we’ve just been spoiled with the Hall/Armoury the past couple of years . . so technically it’s still that time now. I really hope LEGO doesn’t end the streak, I’m already sick of the Enix suit.

4 minutes ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

I mean, I could definitely see them doing a Batman Mech. There’s definitely more precedent for it than the Spider-Man Mech.

So does anyone think they’ll keep using the same Iron Man in next year’s sets or might we get a new variant? I really hope they update him; there was a time when we got a new Iron Man every year. I actually counted, the Mark 6/7 in 2012, Heartbreaker and 42 in 2013, 44 in 2014, Space and Scuba in 2015, 46 in 2016, 47 and Invincible in 2017, 50 in 2018, and we’ve just been spoiled with the Hall/Armoury the past couple of years . . so technically it’s still that time now. I really hope LEGO doesn’t end the streak, I’m already sick of the Enix suit.

It wouldn't surprise me if they approached the Avengers sets in the same way as this year as far as Iron Man is concerned. The Enix suit as the main figure and a new MCU-based suit here and there to please the fans

I really think we're gonna get an AIM mech next year, since those were very prevalent in the game (which was surprisingly better than I expected). If they continue with AIM, they better give us new variants (the game has a million variants of AIM beekeepers and bots)

Edited by HarryVader

12 minutes ago, HarryVader said:

I really think we're gonna get an AIM mech next year, since those were very prevalent in the game (which was surprisingly better than I expected). If they continue with AIM, they better give us new variants (the game has a million variants of AIM beekeepers and bots)

I really hope they step away from the game, it was a huge disappointment imo

42 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I really hope they step away from the game, it was a huge disappointment imo

Yeah I wish they made sets like the spider man bridge or the hulk v hulk those were really good .

Just now, Noobmaster69 said:

Yeah I wish they made sets like the spider man bridge or the hulk v hulk those were really good .

Gotta be honest here, I'd rather get more Avengers game waves than a comic wave

18 minutes ago, Noobmaster69 said:

is it just me or is anyone else sick of getting the same things? lol. I wont lie i'm tired of MCU sets, the costumes are kind of boring now and because marvel doesn't like leak or spoilers fr the movies, we really didn't get accurate endgame outfits. I don't want game sets either, the game is just okay its not great like how it was hyped to be. Comic based sets would be cool, but we pretty much have all the avengers characters now. I'm really hoping for something brand new! For example, now is a EXCELLENT time for X -men or F4. And I know the last X-men sets did terrible, but honestly lego should try again. they really should try something new if marvel was one of their best sellers because of endgame. Lego never even tried with F4 so we can't say those will sell horribly. and even if lego doesn't go that route I mean we still never got any inhumans, if they don't want to give us F4 or X-men they should at least try inhumans, after all they where a big part of the game and all the inhumans, X-men and F4 characters they are WELL overdue! sorry for the rant but I feel like I should bring it to lego's attention that we are kind of sick of getting the same characters in other outfits. like captain america, iron man, thor, spiderman/men. I mean of course I don't mind getting more outfits (I really want an official stealth suit cap ;)) but I really want something new. iron man and captain america get boring after a while you know?

12 minutes ago, JosiahJVL said:

is it just me or is anyone else sick of getting the same things? lol. I wont lie i'm tired of MCU sets, the costumes are kind of boring now and because marvel doesn't like leak or spoilers fr the movies, we really didn't get accurate endgame outfits. I don't want game sets either, the game is just okay its not great like how it was hyped to be. Comic based sets would be cool, but we pretty much have all the avengers characters now. I'm really hoping for something brand new! For example, now is a EXCELLENT time for X -men or F4. 

You just have to be patient for more MCU stuff, to me the future of the MCU is extremely bright. We just have to wait... X-Men and F4 are not happening until their MCU debut, and Lego won't try again, because Lego, compared to Hasbro, is very bad when it comes to variety of their Marvel products. Inhumans are impossible given how poorly the show did. 

Edited by HarryVader

6 minutes ago, HarryVader said:

You just have to be patient for more MCU stuff, to me the future of the MCU is extremely bright. We just have to wait... X-Men and F4 are not happening until their MCU debut, and Lego won't try again, because Lego, compared to Hasbro, is very bad when it comes to variety of their Marvel products. Inhumans are impossible given how poorly the show did. 

I didn't even think that the show was really even well known about. Inhumans can be a really good chance for something new. I mean after all they had a huge role in lego marvel superheroes 2 and they have a lot to do with the avengers sqaure enix game. It's a win win for both Marvel and Lego because lego will most likely make a lot of money because they are producing something new and exciting for children and adults get characters that they feel are overdue, so they'll both be happy. And then that gives Marvel a chance to promote inhumans, which is what I think they tried to do with the game but failed. All around I just Believe we need something brand new, getting iron man, thor and captain america over and over again is really boring. I mean think about it there was no brand new avengers characters this year, yeah we got different outfits. But we all ready have so many we nee dnew characters in general.

Just now, JosiahJVL said:

I didn't even think that the show was really even well known about. Inhumans can be a really good chance for something new. I mean after all they had a huge role in lego marvel superheroes 2 and they have a lot to do with the avengers sqaure enix game. It's a win win for both Marvel and Lego because lego will most likely make a lot of money because they are producing something new and exciting for children and adults get characters that they feel are overdue, so they'll both be happy. And then that gives Marvel a chance to promote inhumans, which is what I think they tried to do with the game but failed. All around I just Believe we need something brand new, getting iron man, thor and captain america over and over again is really boring. I mean think about it there was no brand new avengers characters this year, yeah we got different outfits. But we all ready have so many we nee dnew characters in general.

Unfortunately, that won't happen soon because 1) again Lego does not like to make what we want. Why would they make Inhumans when they couldn't even give us accurate Endgame variants? 2) the general public know about comic book characters through movies and TV, so the Inhumans are at best obscure. I'm totally with you that Lego should expend their Marvel theme, but unfortunately that just won't happen anytime soon.

I feel like new characters would be fine eternals sets are coming out and those are completely new characters for LEGO and then Shang chi after that I think you just need to appreciate what they give us it could be worse

4 minutes ago, Noobmaster69 said:

I feel like new characters would be fine eternals sets are coming out and those are completely new characters for LEGO and then Shang chi after that I think you just need to appreciate what they give us it could be worse

Definetely agree with this. Shang Chi will at the very least give us Shang Chi himself and the Mandarin and Eternals racks in a total of at least 11 brand new characters (assuming we'll get them all)

I lost my interest in marvel lego a while ago. The builds are not attractive enough, and while the figs are supposed to be the stars, they just are subpar to me. The same figs again and again, the lame costume choices, it is just not interesting for me anymore. I bought knockoff marvel figs, just because Lego doesn’t make them. 
A decent x-men, inhuman or ff set would bring back my interest, but there is no rush, i still need to buy a lot of other stuff :-/

6 hours ago, HarryVader said:

Jonathan Majors is cast as Kang in Ant-Man 3. Hopefully a minifigure is also coming soon

Excited that we might get a Kang figure in the next few years but I'm honestly not sure wether or not I like him being introduced in an Ant-Man film :sceptic:

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Excited that we might get a Kang figure in the next few years but I'm honestly not sure wether or not I like him being introduced in an Ant-Man film :sceptic:

There are rumours that Ant-Man 3 kickstarts the Young Avengers... If so, this would fit quite well.

B2T: I wonder why the Eternals sets are missing from the 2021 list... Maybe it just includes new numbers, and the ones from the Eternals sets have been known for a while after all :shrug_oh_well: I’m also curious if there’s a chain reaction of sorts for the other sets, which I assume there will be, given the new release schedule for the upcoming films

How trustworthy is the report? I would love to see Kang in a film. Like many, this news comes as a surprise. Kang is a big villain, and to be introduced as the main villain for Ant-Man is idk... odd. If it is true, than the movie is gonna be bigger than what we all expected.

The Antman sets have been few but of great quality. I can see the set or pair of sets being must haves!

14 minutes ago, Leggomyleggo said:

How trustworthy is the report? I would love to see Kang in a film. Like many, this news comes as a surprise. Kang is a big villain, and to be introduced as the main villain for Ant-Man is idk... odd. If it is true, than the movie is gonna be bigger than what we all expected.

The Antman sets have been few but of great quality. I can see the set or pair of sets being must haves!

The original source is Deadline, afaik they're reliable. Kang being introduced in the MCU doesn't surprise me in the slightest but like you said, it's kinda weird how Ant-Man will be the movie to introduce him :sceptic:

22 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

The original source is Deadline, afaik they're reliable. Kang being introduced in the MCU doesn't surprise me in the slightest but like you said, it's kinda weird how Ant-Man will be the movie to introduce him :sceptic:

Having Ant-Man as a first appearance doesn’t mean he’ll be done with the MCU after that film. It’s most likely a role like Loki’s in the first Thor or Thanos in GOTG

3 minutes ago, HarryVader said:

Having Ant-Man as a first appearance doesn’t mean he’ll be done with the MCU after that film. It’s most likely a role like Loki’s in the first Thor or Thanos in GOTG

I know he most likely won't be a one-off villain but still, I wouldn't expect a villain as big as Kang the Conqueror to make his first appearance in a film as 'small' as Ant-Man :shrug_oh_well:

Since Kang is a time traveler, there are a lot of options how they could handle the character. Maybe it’s an origin story of sorts and he’s not even a villain in this movie :shrug_oh_well: The MCU likes to switch things around like that