Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

5 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Nope. There’s been an influx of fake lists across themes lately, fueled by the lack of proper leaks and proliferated by “leak” accounts on IG who steal and repost anything they can get their greedy hands on, whether it’s true or not. Unless rumours are corroborated by our short list of trusted leakers, you can safely ignore them :wink:

Thanks a lot for that! It's really annoying how some people are posting fake leaks for fame... I still hope we eventually get a new Ms. Marvel 

A Marvel Legends figure of Ajak just leaked online and she's wearing a very cool looking crown-like thing. Wonder if LEGO will make a new piece for that or just ignore it, probably the latter though :sceptic:

14 hours ago, HarryVader said:

Thanks a lot for that! It's really annoying how some people are posting fake leaks for fame... I still hope we eventually get a new Ms. Marvel 

I’m sure we’ll get one next year or in 2022 for her Disney+ series or Captain Marvel 2. Of course it’ll be MCU-based as opposed to comic or game based but I’m still excited to get a new figure of her! 

On 9/5/2020 at 3:19 PM, Guyon2002 said:

A Marvel Legends figure of Ajak just leaked online and she's wearing a very cool looking crown-like thing. Wonder if LEGO will make a new piece for that or just ignore it, probably the latter though :sceptic:

New crown and hair combo would be sweet! Knowing Lego, they may reuse Thorin's crown hair combo piece from The Hobbit though...

Edited by HarryVader

On 9/6/2020 at 7:23 PM, HarryVader said:

New crown and hair combo would be sweet! Knowing Lego, they may reuse Thorin's crown hair combo piece from The Hobbit though...

Knowing Lego, they will reuse Black Widow's hair in black :snicker:

On 9/5/2020 at 11:55 AM, HarryVader said:

Where did you find it at?

30 minutes ago, JosiahJVL said:

Where did you find it at?

The usual place on Instagram.

11 hours ago, nintendude64 said:

Knowing Lego, they will reuse Black Widow's hair in black :snicker:

That would suck... I'd much prefer Thorin's crown hair combo

31 minutes ago, HarryVader said:

That would suck... I'd much prefer Thorin's crown hair combo

It's a pretty specific licensed piece so they probably won't be able to reuse it outside a Middle Earth theme, that is if the mold hasn't decayed yet 

34 minutes ago, Noobmaster69 said:

I hope we get so good new molds for them

I hope so too but I wouldn't expect much, it's still Marvel we're talking about :tongue:

4 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

I hope so too but I wouldn't expect much, it's still Marvel we're talking about :tongue:

I’m hoping to get at least 5 new molds

1 hour ago, Noobmaster69 said:

I’m hoping to get at least 5 new molds

I'd lower that number if I were you, just to prevent disappointment. Five new molds across 4 sets is pretty rare in licensed themes in general and Marvel has less budget than most of them :sceptic:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't there rumors a while back around the release of the Endgame sets that TLG was really happy about the recent performance of Marvel stuff and that we could expect an increase in quality of new sets in the future? How would that exactly look? Like can we expect a drastic shift? Or is it going to look more like a steady progression? Personally I think the most recent waves of sets have been a pretty nice improvement for what they are, even though I haven't really wanted to buy any of them.

1 hour ago, shadefoundry said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't there rumors a while back around the release of the Endgame sets that TLG was really happy about the recent performance of Marvel stuff and that we could expect an increase in quality of new sets in the future? How would that exactly look? Like can we expect a drastic shift? Or is it going to look more like a steady progression? Personally I think the most recent waves of sets have been a pretty nice improvement for what they are, even though I haven't really wanted to buy any of them.

The improvement is most visible in the minifigures we got this year but I doubt it'll get any better than this. The actual builds of the sets aren't influenced much by a slightly increased budget so I doubt we'll see a lot of change there. 

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

The improvement is most visible in the minifigures we got this year but I doubt it'll get any better than this. The actual builds of the sets aren't influenced much by a slightly increased budget so I doubt we'll see a lot of change there. 

I would argue there was an improvement in the builds too. The Avengers tower is the best Marvel set they've made in a long time (or maybe even ever?) for me

1 hour ago, Marvelous Spidey said:

I would argue there was an improvement in the builds too. The Avengers tower is the best Marvel set they've made in a long time (or maybe even ever?) for me

I agree that the Avengers Tower set is amazing but while we have that we also have things like that Hulkbuster and the Helicarrier 

22 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

I'd lower that number if I were you, just to prevent disappointment. Five new molds across 4 sets is pretty rare in licensed themes in general and Marvel has less budget than most of them :sceptic:

By new molds I meant newer they dint have to be exclusive to marvel or even originate in marvel I just want New pieces because there aliens 

I hope we hear something soon about 2021 Marvel sets. I think we'll get another Marvel's Avengers wave, hopefully with Ms. Marvel this time.

If we're lucky, we could even get details on Eternals sets.

6 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I hope we hear something soon about 2021 Marvel sets. I think we'll get another Marvel's Avengers wave, hopefully with Ms. Marvel this time.

If we're lucky, we could even get details on Eternals sets.

Most of the stuff that's leaking comes out between January and March so with the Eternals wave having a January release at the latest I'd say we should get some info very soon! And I'm looking forward to it!

4 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Most of the stuff that's leaking comes out between January and March so with the Eternals wave having a January release at the latest I'd say we should get some info very soon! And I'm looking forward to it!

Unless they delay those movies... again.

Lots and lots of superhero sets for 2021. I would assume that the list contains both Marvel and DC sets. 

2 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

A big list of setnumbers and prices for Super Heroes just leaked, thing is we don't know which sets are Marvel and which ones DC

I hope the majority is marvel and they have new/different versions of villains. I NEED MORE VILLAINS 

I just compared this new list to the Toy Fair list Promobricks posted earlier this year and the Eternals sets aren't on this list, maybe this leaves enough spots open for D+ sets? 

Sigh... I hate how Lego still has both Marvel and DC under Super Heores line. If that wasn't the case, we would know which ones are Marvel and which ones are DC. Let's hope we hear info about January sets soon so the list becomes less... useless.

I also see a pattern there - 76168-76173 go like $10, $10 and $20 two times - I think that these could be mechs for Marvel and DC. For both we could get 2 single mechs, and one "versus" type of set.