Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

6 hours ago, Anonknee Muss said:

More likely to be November, as LEGO likes to release sets 3 months before a movie.

75318 The Child, a set that releases in November, has just been spotted in a store.

If November sets already leak, and we've had no new info on Eternals sets since Toy Fair, I think it's pretty safe to assume that the sets have been pushed back to AT LEAST January 2021.

3 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

75318 The Child, a set that releases in November, has just been spotted in a store.

If November sets already leak, and we've had no new info on Eternals sets since Toy Fair, I think it's pretty safe to assume that the sets have been pushed back to AT LEAST January 2021.

well that was definitely a mistake. If they had put more than one set out then I would agree with you. Also im pretty sure the child is now rumored to release in October or even September, however those rumors might just be because it was put on shelves

7 hours ago, Surge said:

well that was definitely a mistake. If they had put more than one set out then I would agree with you. Also im pretty sure the child is now rumored to release in October or even September, however those rumors might just be because it was put on shelves

We knew about it's november release a while before the set itself leaked though

8 hours ago, Surge said:

What I mean is that we know of all the sets coming by the end of the year - either a confirmed info with a release date, price and number of pieces (Colosseum), sometimes even with leaked minifigures (Mos Eisley) or leaked pictures (The Child and Batwing). We have even started hearing 2021 set rumours (Star Wars or Ninjago)!

For Eternals sets, we've heard nothing since a lot of time, with a release date confirmed before the movie was even delayed.

We are not getting Eternals sets this year, I'm pretty sure of it.

23 hours ago, Anonknee Muss said:

More likely to be November, as LEGO likes to release sets 3 months before a movie.

Not always. Black Panther and Captain Marvel got January sets for a February/March release, and on the other end you’ve got outliers like Aquaman which got a set in August for a December release. 

18 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I wish they put them out around Christmas so I wouldn't have to pay for some of them  

also I wonder what falcon fan thinks

Edited by Noobmaster69

Speaking of Eternals, which 3 characters from the movie are you guys most looking forward to seeing in LEGO form? For me it would have to be Black Knight, Ikaris and Thena

6 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Speaking of Eternals, which 3 characters from the movie are you guys most looking forward to seeing in LEGO form? For me it would have to be Black Knight, Ikaris and Thena

Black knight thena and whoever the villains is I don’t have a lot of villains

7 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Definitely agreeing with all 3. I would also love to see Druig, Kro, and whoever the Celestial characters are in Lego form

11 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Kingo, Ajak and Black Knight (if it would be TOP 5 Sersi and Ikaris would also make the list).

13 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Black Knight, Ikaris and Arishem (or any other Celestial)

Kate Bishop was just revealed as the newest character in the Square Enix Avengers game, which may increase our chances of getting her (before the D+ Hawkeye series, that is), since most of LEGO’s recent Avengers Minifigs are based largely on their game counterparts. 

As a side note, one of the Minifigs in the 60271 City Main Square set has a hearing aid print, so hopefully future comic/game-based versions of Clint will have one as well (since LEGO can print the sides of heads, now). 

1 hour ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Kate Bishop was just revealed as the newest character in the Square Enix Avengers game, which may increase our chances of getting her (before the D+ Hawkeye series, that is), since most of LEGO’s recent Avengers Minifigs are based largely on their game counterparts.

Seems unlikely to me, we never got a Ms Marvel this wave, and she's one of the most significant characters from the game

18 hours ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Seems unlikely to me, we never got a Ms Marvel this wave, and she's one of the most significant characters from the game

Yeah and I was hoping for a less cartoonish costume

Gotta be honest I was pretty sad to see Superheroes not break TLG's top 6 (?) selling themes, but I can't say I'm shocked. The quality was just not there compared to the themes that did better. I think this current wave was definitely one of the stronger ones even if they leaned a bit too much into the kiddish builds, but I'd like to see some further course correction for this theme. Whatever they've been doing with Spider-man and Batman clearly wasn't working as well as it could have. I myself did not buy a lot of the sets because they had really nothing to offer. Largely bad builds and figs for the past 2ish years, imo. I gladly picked up a few of these Avengers ones, but that's because the builds and the figs were there. 

I imagine we might see Marvel on the list again next year. This wave is easily (for me) the best one in years and the last Spider-man wave had a number of new characters that have been asked for for a while. We just won't see the results of these sets for another year. I would be more disappointed if it's not on the list next year. The current wave's quality is down to it being on the list last year so they might drop the quality if these don't sell as well as the Endgame sets :sceptic:

16 hours ago, jonwil said:

I think the Iron Man helmet is far and away the best Marvel set of 2020.

I think the best of the year was the black widow helicopter it was one of the times were a helicopter was a good idea and the minifigures were OK but I could have done without the little car thing and some leg printing

26 minutes ago, Noobmaster69 said:

I think the best of the year was the black widow helicopter it was one of the times were a helicopter was a good idea and the minifigures were OK but I could have done without the little car thing and some leg printing

I agree, the helicopter was awesome, but Avengers Tower was pretty cool as well.

Is that Ms. Marvel jet rumor true? I was so mad they didn't include Ms. Marvel, the MAIN PROTAGONIST OF THE GAME, in any of the game sets so I would love to have her in a new set. 

So, I was just looking over my Marvel minifig collection and noticed that LEGO stopped using modern compound bow piece for Hawkeye, and give home castle bow piece instead! I have to ask why?! It’s already existing piece that they have the mold for, why do they choose to use inaccurate piece instead? This just shows how much LEGO loves to cut corners to save a few pennies. No wonder Marvel line was pretty pathetic looking for a few years. 

Edited by benderisgreat

Is it possible that the use of the different bow design reflects differences in the bow in different media?

10 hours ago, HarryVader said:

Is that Ms. Marvel jet rumor true? I was so mad they didn't include Ms. Marvel, the MAIN PROTAGONIST OF THE GAME, in any of the game sets so I would love to have her in a new set. 

Nope. There’s been an influx of fake lists across themes lately, fueled by the lack of proper leaks and proliferated by “leak” accounts on IG who steal and repost anything they can get their greedy hands on, whether it’s true or not. Unless rumours are corroborated by our short list of trusted leakers, you can safely ignore them :wink:

26 minutes ago, jonwil said:

Is it possible that the use of the different bow design reflects differences in the bow in different media?

Unlikely, seems like more of a penny pinching rather than ‘accuracy’.