Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Just now, nintendude64 said:

I really don't understand the panic. Obviously things are going to be delayed because of the pandemic, and Lego hasn't missed sets for a Marvel movie since the Dark World in 2013.

Winter Soldier also. We only had that polybag

Just now, Quicksilver838 said:

Winter Soldier also. We only had that polybag

I was counting the polybag. :laugh:

Might not be much, but still a fig based on the film. It really was a shame there weren't any sets for WS.

I still think MCU legacy sets would be amazing and incredibly successful.

1 hour ago, nintendude64 said:

I still think MCU legacy sets would be amazing and incredibly successful.

Pretty sure we all do, sadly LEGO doesn't agree :hmpf:

4 hours ago, nintendude64 said:

I really don't understand the panic. Obviously things are going to be delayed because of the pandemic, and Lego hasn't missed sets for a Marvel movie since the Dark World in 2013.

Was there sets for winter soldier I know this is off topic

1 minute ago, Noobmaster69 said:

Was there sets for winter soldier I know this is off topic

1 polybag was made containing 4 pieces which, when assembled, made the winter soldier minifigure.

No other sets though.

44 minutes ago, Anonknee Muss said:

1 polybag was made containing 4 pieces which, when assembled, made the winter soldier minifigure.

No other sets though.

Oh and sorry I didn’t see this page I only saw the last one

Does anyone here think the Marvel SDCC set will be available in some way this year? I would imagine that they made one since they made a DC one. I feel like it would be a Black Widow set since the SDCC Marvel sets in the past have all been based on MCU movies of the year while DC has been comic based. Maybe that will be our way to get a Red Guardian or the White Widow suit. (The latter is probably easier and more realistic for them to make, especially since they already have the legs from Yelena they could reuse.)

So I’m building the Iron Man mosaic, and for each one you can put studs in the bottom right corner or put the printed Iron Man tile. However, for the Hulkbuster image, it says you should use 6 dark red studs to fill the space but I only have 1 left. Did anyone else experience this issue? I went through the instructions but can’t find any mistakes I made. It’s my third copy of the set so I can easily grab extras from another but it’s just very strange to me. 

2 hours ago, Legocity2713 said:

Does anyone here think the Marvel SDCC set will be available in some way this year? I would imagine that they made one since they made a DC one. I feel like it would be a Black Widow set since the SDCC Marvel sets in the past have all been based on MCU movies of the year while DC has been comic based. Maybe that will be our way to get a Red Guardian or the White Widow suit. (The latter is probably easier and more realistic for them to make, especially since they already have the legs from Yelena they could reuse.)

Would it have any new minifigs/prints though? The DC one is just the minifigure series WW and Cheetah with another character made of existing pieces.

2 hours ago, Legocity2713 said:

The SDCC sets usually do not include exclusive figs (or these exclusive figs become common because they release them in polybags). My bet is that we’ll get a set with Black Widow (or the snow outfit that’ll be reused later) and Yelena (Taskmaster is most likely not included). 

6 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

So I’m building the Iron Man mosaic, and for each one you can put studs in the bottom right corner or put the printed Iron Man tile. However, for the Hulkbuster image, it says you should use 6 dark red studs to fill the space but I only have 1 left. Did anyone else experience this issue? I went through the instructions but can’t find any mistakes I made. It’s my third copy of the set so I can easily grab extras from another but it’s just very strange to me. 

My Iron Man copies were all ok, but something similar happened to me with the Sith set, where the small Vader motive was missing one dark blue stud (as you say, easily replacable, but still curious). Maybe the amount of 1x1 round plates (or tiles) per bag may vary ever-so-slightly? :shrug_oh_well:

Is there a specific reason you use the studs instead of the 2x4 tile? Or is that a hypothetical? :laugh:

Edited by Lego-Freak

10 hours ago, HarryVader said:

The SDCC sets usually do not include exclusive figs (or these exclusive figs become common because they release them in polybags). My bet is that we’ll get a set with Black Widow (or the snow outfit that’ll be reused later) and Yelena (Taskmaster is most likely not included). 

Did the Maria Rambeau head ever come out in another set? Thats the only exclusive part in an SDCC set thats remained exclusive as far as Im aware.

3 hours ago, upliftingbricks said:

Did the Maria Rambeau head ever come out in another set? Thats the only exclusive part in an SDCC set thats remained exclusive as far as Im aware.

It's not the Nakia head?

10 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

My Iron Man copies were all ok, but something similar happened to me with the Sith set, where the small Vader motive was missing one dark blue stud (as you say, easily replacable, but still curious). Maybe the amount of 1x1 round plates (or tiles) per bag may vary ever-so-slightly? :shrug_oh_well:

Is there a specific reason you use the studs instead of the 2x4 tile? Or is that a hypothetical? :laugh:

Oh, what I’ve been doing is first building it with all the studs and then taking a picture of the completed mosaic before building the frame and swapping out the studs for the tile for it to be hung! :laugh:

6 hours ago, steveholt said:

It's not the Nakia head?

I don't believe so (at least going by Bricklink pics). Its one of the missing parts on Brickset and Bricklink lists it as only part of that figure.

Rambeau - https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=3626cpb2490&idColor=88#T=S&C=88&O={"color":88,"ss":"UK","iconly":0}

Nakia - https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=3626cpb1996&idColor=88#T=S&C=88&O={"color":88,"ss":"UK","iconly":0}

2 hours ago, Noobmaster69 said:

Do you think after black widow comes out (hopefully soon) the will make more sets?

I wouldn't count on it, if anything they'll probably just extend the production of the current set.

1 hour ago, BigGuy4U said:

I wouldn't count on it, if anything they'll probably just extend the production of the current set.

I second that. Expect the helicopter set to have one of the longest shelf-lives for a Marvel set. However, I would love to get a set with Taskmaster's APC, Snow Outfit Widow, Red Guardian, and Melina

5 hours ago, BigGuy4U said:

4 hours ago, HarryVader said:

I second that. Expect the helicopter set to have one of the longest shelf-lives for a Marvel set. However, I would love to get a set with Taskmaster's APC, Snow Outfit Widow, Red Guardian, and Melina

Oh I really hope they do a cmf with red guardian especially if he dies  even though that’s not likely 

12 minutes ago, Noobmaster69 said:

Is there going to be a fall line

The last wave of sets we were supposed to be getting this year is Eternals but that's most likely been pushed back from it's original october release

8 hours ago, Noobmaster69 said:

When do you think we will be getting info on eternals sets

Depends on if the movie keeps its February release date. If it does, the sets will probably release in January, which we'll start hearing info about soon.

7 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Depends on if the movie keeps its February release date. If it does, the sets will probably release in January, which we'll start hearing info about soon.

More likely to be November, as LEGO likes to release sets 3 months before a movie.