Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

13 hours ago, Quicksilver838 said:

I had doubts that these were game based back when we saw Hawkeye. And as we've now seen, he looks nothing like the one in game. It appears more likely that just the big 3 Avengers and all AIM goons are inspired by the game

I honestly would have preferred the game design for MODOK in the helicarrier set. He actually looks cool in the game. That being said, I’m still happy with what we got.

On 8/5/2020 at 8:57 AM, LOTR34 said:

It would be better if Lego scrapped the sets and produced only cmf series for Marvel and DC.Atleast then we'll have detailed minifigures.

I don't know if you're being sarcastic or not but that's an extremely idealistic idea. (idealistic idea :grin:) Not producing sets would be horrible for Lego's business model and for Lego's 8-12 target range.

On 8/5/2020 at 3:02 PM, Leggomyleggo said:

I look at the Harry Potter/Star Wars sets with many characters, unique molds, pretty accurate details and location sets. It would be nice to have some more of that in MCU sets.

It would be amazing, but Star Wars sets are pretty expensive and they don't have that many location sets, mostly starfighters. Harry Potter sets are pretty cool, but the castle sets are like 90 dollars. Though it would be cool to see more location sets.

5 minutes ago, HRC said:

I don't know if you're being sarcastic or not but that's an extremely idealistic idea. (idealistic idea :grin:) Not producing sets would be horrible for Lego's business model and for Lego's 8-12 target range.

I'm well aware what I suggested will never happen.As you said it'll be a big loss of profit and Lego needs to capitalize on those super hero movies by making tie in sets. 

I only gonna get MCU sets now I kinda am disappointed about the game sets

sorry for being off topic I’m new

Edited by Noobmaster69

Just got new Avengers tower and it’s just magnificent! Best set since 2018 Sanctum Sanctorum and possibly since 2016 Bridge Battle. Great build and minifigs, plus some cool MCU Easter eggs inside. New Hulkbuster is cool as well, but if you have 2018 one don’t bother with new one.

I wish Marvel got more d2c type sets. So far we only got the Helicarrier and the UCS Hulkbuster.

DC has gotten several Batmobiles, the retro Batcave, various Arkham sets plus that Joker house from TLBM.

33 minutes ago, jonwil said:

I wish Marvel got more d2c type sets. So far we only got the Helicarrier and the UCS Hulkbuster.

DC has gotten several Batmobiles, the retro Batcave, various Arkham sets plus that Joker house from TLBM.

I'm really starting to get annoyed by the sheer amount of $200+ sets LEGO keeps releasing every year so I'm glad they're not jumping on them quite as much for Marvel

9 hours ago, Noobmaster69 said:

Does anyone know if we’re getting Disney+ sets yet

i know people have been talking about this

Honestly, no one knows. It's a possibility, but we didn't get any info about Disney+ sets.

Is it weird that no LEGO marvel or DC 2021 sets have leaked so far? last year the leaks came out in July and the year before that. So idk it just seems weird to me to you think that LEGO even has any plans to make sets in 2021?

Especially if the eternals sets are being pushed back, to me the eternals aren’t even excited. I just want more comic book based sets I’m sick of getting movie sets with the same figure over again like Thor, captain America, hulk and iron man. This is probably far fetched but I’m looking for like new characters. X-men, F4, daredevil, maestro, a better thanos (big fig), skrulls, the list goes on and on. They are way to focused on spider man and iron man/mcu I feel like we need some comic book characters.

11 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

I'm really starting to get annoyed by the sheer amount of $200+ sets LEGO keeps releasing every year so I'm glad they're not jumping on them quite as much for Marvel

It's very hard to budget these days! 

28 minutes ago, JosiahJVL said:

Is it weird that no LEGO marvel or DC 2021 sets have leaked so far? last year the leaks came out in July and the year before that. So idk it just seems weird to me to you think that LEGO even has any plans to make sets in 2021?

Especially if the eternals sets are being pushed back, to me the eternals aren’t even excited. I just want more comic book based sets I’m sick of getting movie sets with the same figure over again like Thor, captain America, hulk and iron man. This is probably far fetched but I’m looking for like new characters. X-men, F4, daredevil, maestro, a better thanos (big fig), skrulls, the list goes on and on. They are way to focused on spider man and iron man/mcu I feel like we need some comic book characters.

Leaks happen whenever they happen, if they even happen at all in some cases. It's far too early to panic over there not being any Marvel/DC sets next year anyway. There's no 2021 rumors for Star Wars yet either.

34 minutes ago, JosiahJVL said:

We just need to have patience but if LEGO has decided to move up the release of the Eternals wave it wouldn't surprise me if they did the same with the usual comic wave so they don't oversaturate the market / compete with themselves. Your point of not wanting movie sets because they keep giving us the same characters over and over again seems a bit weird as we've only gotten 1 movie set in the entirety of 2020 and we still have plenty of reptition in minifigures. And wether you like it or not the Avengers and Spider-Man are popular with the kids these days and therefore sell well. We'll undoubtedly still get some new comic book characters but I wouldn't be surprised if those are all woven into the planned releases for Spidey and Avengers sets as they've done this year. 

6 hours ago, JosiahJVL said:

Lol yes LEGO has plans in 2021. Be patient 

On 8/8/2020 at 11:01 AM, Guyon2002 said:

Depends on where you live, the cinema's here have opened over a month ago 

Does not matter. Unless around 80% of cinema's worldwide re-open, chances are that new movies are going to be released online instead. Hence examples here, cinema's open but a lack of films that could have been released because companies will hold back on releasing them until they are certain they can get a profit. Mulan for example is going to Disney+ and the only place it is being shown in cinema is China.

On 8/8/2020 at 5:21 PM, nintendude64 said:

The reason there has not been any promotion is the delay

We've had promotion, but the focus has been on the actors/actresses rather than anything about the characters and the only character info we know is specifically referring to powers/abilities that seem generic and shared among the entire team. Hence why I find it difficult to imagine Eternals performing well.

14 hours ago, JosiahJVL said:

Is it weird that no LEGO marvel or DC 2021 sets have leaked so far?

Eternals was likely going to be the main focus of the second half of 2020 in regards to sets - I believe we'd heard of four, potentially five. These are all now instead going to be released in 2021, likely in late January/February if the release date for Eternals remains the same. I doubt Lego wanted to release Shang Chi set/sets with Eternals sets still hot on the shelf. I think Lego are also worried that Disney might move back Eternals again along with Shang Chi. Regarding DC, July 2021 was going to feature 'The Batman' Lego sets, which are now delayed presumably to October alongside the film. It is still early, but I doubt we'll get leaks as I expect any sets related to the movies are going to be shelved and Lego likely won't have many non-movie Marvel sets planned until mid 2021, DC could be different.

Edited by Scarilian

1 hour ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Yes

Eternals? Or avengers/Spider-Man sets because personally the eternals aren’t very interesting to me and to many other. I’m not so sure those sets will sell well.

Hey,

I recently bought the new Avengers Tower and was wondering if anyone had any success combining it with the previous version?

3 minutes ago, Hulk_Smash said:

Hey,

I recently bought the new Avengers Tower and was wondering if anyone had any success combining it with the previous version?

Haven’t tried combining with 2015 one, but I think with slight modifications Avengers tower from Wrath of Loki set could serve as good base to build on. Hopefully will try this mod in near future.

2 hours ago, Hulk_Smash said:

I’m trying to combine it with the 2015 one, I’m not really interested in the 4+ one.

Personally, I think they're different enough that at most I'll be taking interior parts of the old tower to add to the new one. The colors for everything changed I believe :shrug_oh_well:

Edited by Marvelous Spidey
clarification

9 hours ago, Hulk_Smash said:

I’m trying to combine it with the 2015 one, I’m not really interested in the 4+ one.

6 hours ago, Marvelous Spidey said:

Personally, I think they're different enough that at most I'll be taking interior parts of the old tower to add to the new one. The colors for everything changed I believe :shrug_oh_well:

Yeah I’m not sure  why you would combined. I have the 2015 one and I’m pretty sure it’s wider.

3 hours ago, Noobmaster69 said:

Yeah I’m not sure  why you would combined. I have the 2015 one and I’m pretty sure it’s wider.

It's the same width