Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

2 hours ago, jonwil said:

Are there any current (or recent) sets that have a Hawkeye fig?

Most current is the modern comic-inspired version this year's 76143 Avengers Truck Take-Down.  Last year also had MCU Tech Suit Hawkeye included in 76126 Ultimate Quinjet.

6 hours ago, Leggomyleggo said:

Never felt the mcu gets the love it deserves.

I must agree with this. I feel that other toy companies like making MCU-related products more than Lego does. On the other side, Lego sure loves the SquareEnix game merchandise.

15 hours ago, PGBQW said:

Thats a really bold thing to say, considering that (besides Spider-Man) most of Lego Marvel sets are MCU based

They are but how many can we say have been truly great, especially as of late. The sets for Endgame (the biggest movie event since The Force Awakens) were a big disappointment. A lot of minifigs suffer from printless legs, even for important characters. Wasp's horrid helmet etc. Infinity War sets were pretty good all things considered but, after that, the quality has lowered for a license that is more popular and bigger than others such as Harry Potter and those sets look great. It's like LEGO lowball what an MCU set can give for them.

I do have high hopes for the Eternals sets. I can see a big celestial mech or two coming along with many good figures. I don't see those sets being bad. 

Sorry for adding another "LEGO doesn't give MCU any love" rant here in this thread. The rumor mill has been dry and I need something new lol

Edited by Leggomyleggo
Adding another sentence.

I might even go as far as to say that the whole Super Heroes line doesn't get enough love.From the mediocre builds to the lack of leg printing for many characters.It would be better if Lego scrapped the sets and produced only cmf series for Marvel and DC.Atleast then we'll have detailed minifigures.

1 hour ago, Leggomyleggo said:

They are but how many can we say have been truly great, especially as of late.

Oh, totally agree with you here.

I thought you talked about quantity, not quality.

Yeah, fair enough.

2 hours ago, Leggomyleggo said:

They are but how many can we say have been truly great, especially as of late.

The Black Widow set is fantastic, the Far From Home ones were really good or at least decent (talking about the plane here), Captain Marvel was pretty good and Endgame had some really good sets like the Quinjet but had terrible accuracy to the movie because of Marvel not giving out much info. 

3 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

The Black Widow set is fantastic, the Far From Home ones were really good or at least decent (talking about the plane here), Captain Marvel was pretty good and Endgame had some really good sets like the Quinjet but had terrible accuracy to the movie because of Marvel not giving out much info. 

I guess we have different expectations for these sets or at least different ideas as to what makes a good set. I look at the Harry Potter/Star Wars sets with many characters, unique molds, pretty accurate details and location sets. It would be nice to have some more of that in MCU sets.

4 minutes ago, Leggomyleggo said:

I guess we have different expectations for these sets or at least different ideas as to what makes a good set. I look at the Harry Potter/Star Wars sets with many characters, unique molds, pretty accurate details and location sets. It would be nice to have some more of that in MCU sets.

While that's true you can't really compare these themes with each other. Both Harry Potter and Star Wars are aimed at different audiences and have a higher budget than Marvel, which is really focused on kids (more so than most other licensed themes). If you compare these sets to sets from other themes Marvel will not come out on top, that's obvious. But within it's own theme and the expectations they've set over the years the sets I mentioned are perfectly fine. 

I want to see the "Sketches" line (the one that has thus far given us 2xBatman and 2xStar Wars items) go for Marvel, that would be awesome.

As nice as the Iron Man mosaic is, not everyone can afford that or has the room for it but smaller art pieces like the sketches would have a much broader appeal.

Edited by jonwil

On 8/5/2020 at 4:51 PM, Leggomyleggo said:

I do have high hopes for the Eternals sets. I can see a big celestial mech or two coming along with many good figures. I don't see those sets being bad.

Personally I think it's too late. The main appeal was getting sets and characters from a specific film when that film was on your mind. Granted some nostalgia still exists, but nobody here is really clammering for any of the older films to get additional sets anymore - everyone has just kind of accepted the lack of things.

I think the Iron Man armour is the only thing I can see some MCU Lego fans chasing, but I think they messed up that also with the change in helmets which drive a wedge between the 'Iron Army' sort of appeal - plus other options exist to get the Iron Man suits for cheaper in Lego style.

Eternals might get some good sets, but it's very unlikely those sets will release close to the movie and I don't feel a lot of the fanbase are really connected with Eternals. It's less known than the Guardians were and we've not really had any marketting to bring interest the same way the marketting for Guardians did - instead its cram the movie full of popular actors/actresses.

The movie has already been moved from November to February and with Wave 2 about to start it's unlikely cinema's will be opening around winter. Lego can and probably has got the Eternals sets fairly finalised, but we'll likely see them release in a similar predicament to Black Widow - either way before or way after the movie.

On 8/5/2020 at 4:51 PM, Leggomyleggo said:

The rumor mill has been dry and I need something new lol

The rumor mill is going to be dry for a long while regarding MCU Lego sets, lol. I doubt Black Widow is even going to release this year, let alone Eternals which is probably going to be pushed back to Summer 2021. Cinema's just are not going to open up.

1 hour ago, Scarilian said:

Cinema's just are not going to open up.

Depends on where you live, the cinema's here have opened over a month ago 

7 hours ago, Scarilian said:

Eternals might get some good sets, but it's very unlikely those sets will release close to the movie and I don't feel a lot of the fanbase are really connected with Eternals. It's less known than the Guardians were and we've not really had any marketting to bring interest the same way the marketting for Guardians did

I don't understand.  How could fans have the opportunity to connect when we haven't had so much as a trailer? If it isn't causing a splash, that is most likely because we know nothing about it save for the cast. It is way too soon to make the Guardians comparison.

The reason there has not been any promotion is the delay, and frankly, I don't care when they release the sets if they are interesting and unique.

Somewhere deep inside my heart, I’m still praying for Lego to remake some of the Endgame sets now that the movie has been released for more than a year (almost all of the other toy companies are still making movie-accurate Endgame toys). We never had Bro Thor, Worthy Cap, Ronin, or even an accurate Thanos (the best MCU villain got the worst Lego treatment)... Even if they don’t make Endgame-specific sets, they can at least put some MCU-inspired figures in the 2021 sets like how they put Mark 2, Hot Rod, Blue Steel, and MCU Red Skull (and all the MCU references) in this year’s SquareEnix sets...

As for the Eternals, since Marvel is uncertain about its release date (we have to first find out when Black Widow comes out), I doubt Lego will show anything about Eternals until the very end of this year at the earliest. 

Edited by HarryVader

Just now, HarryVader said:

As for the Eternals, since Marvel is uncertain about its release date (we have to first find out when Black Widow comes out), I doubt Lego will show anything about Eternals until the very end of this year at the earliest. 

That would give us much more time to save up for those sets (assuming they're good) so that's not a bad thing imo

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

That would give us much more time to save up for those sets (assuming they're good) so that's not a bad thing imo

I agree. We definitely need time to save some money after that huge Avengers summer wave, especially considering that the Eternals sets will not be cheap (about $200 in total)

Just now, HarryVader said:

I agree. We definitely need time to save some money after that huge Avengers summer wave, especially considering that the Eternals sets will not be cheap (about $200 in total)

I got every Marvel set I still had on my wanted list last week, I'm planning on buying the upcoming $400 Diagon Alley set and a full box of Potter Series 2, there are still a couple of other sets on my wanted list and there's a ton of things coming out next year for Marvel, Potter and Jurassic. So yeah, getting some time to take a breath and save up some money is definetely appreciated :grin:

Cinemas here in Queensland are definitely open for business. Although there isn't much on, mostly stuff that was in cinemas when the pandemic hit (like The Current War), stuff that had recently left cinemas when the pandemic hit (like Sonic the Hedgehog) and a few older classics (one cinema is showing The Dark Knight Rises for example).

I imported two of the Iron Man Armory sets early from Zavvi, and I can confirm that the armors represented by stickers are the Square Enix suit (labelled as “Prime-20 Armor”), War Machine (labelled as “War Machine Proto-20”), the Prototype suit (labelled as “Prototype_Armor_final_version_2”), and Blazer (labelled as “Fire Armor Blazer”). I’m not exactly happy that we have a sticker for Blazer but not Tazer, that’s slightly annoying to me. I would’ve much rather had a sticker for Rescue or an extra sticker for Tazer. Tazer would’ve made more sense than War Machine to me. 

This may have been discussed already, but is there any word on if we're getting a D2C for marvel this year? The yearly Superheros D2C typically alternates between DC & Marvel (not including the TLBM one). Or are they counting the Iron Man mosaic as the D2C?

Edited by SuperSith

3 hours ago, SuperSith said:

This may have been discussed already, but is there any word on if we're getting a D2C for marvel this year? The yearly Superheros D2C typically alternates between DC & Marvel (not including the TLBM one). Or are they counting the Iron Man mosaic as the D2C?

Nope, we know nothing about a D2C

Has anyone built the large mosaic using 3 copies of the Iron Man set? I’m wondering if there are enough extra studs left to make one or more of the alternate picture options if I just purchase the Technic base pieces from Bricks and Pieces. 

A Funko Pop of the SquareEnix MODOK has been leaked... It looks quite different from the Lego version (the Funko one has large mechanical arms). I’m not sure if Lego MODOK is based on the game anymore

Edited by HarryVader

4 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Has anyone built the large mosaic using 3 copies of the Iron Man set? I’m wondering if there are enough extra studs left to make one or more of the alternate picture options if I just purchase the Technic base pieces from Bricks and Pieces. 

Looking at the pictures I suspect the biggest problem would be having enough 1x1 round plates in dark blue and in black (given all the empty space in the middle of the large mosaic)

2 hours ago, HarryVader said:

A Funko Pop of the SquareEnix MODOK has been leaked... It looks quite different from the Lego version (the Funko one has large mechanical arms). I’m not sure if Lego MODOK is based on the game anymore

I had doubts that these were game based back when we saw Hawkeye. And as we've now seen, he looks nothing like the one in game. It appears more likely that just the big 3 Avengers and all AIM goons are inspired by the game