Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

8 hours ago, HarryVader said:

Do we have any info on how well the Avengers sets this year have sold so far? I hope we get Avengers sets in 2021 as well, maybe this time comic/MCU based

Using the EOL list we can conclude the Speeder Bike Attack didn't sell well and the truck at least sold well enough to make it to 2021. The Spider-Man Mech is also getting retired while the Iron Man and Thanos ones aren't so those probably did pretty well too. As for all the other Avengers sets it's way too early to know anything.

7 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Using the EOL list we can conclude the Speeder Bike Attack didn't sell well and the truck at least sold well enough to make it to 2021. The Spider-Man Mech is also getting retired while the Iron Man and Thanos ones aren't so those probably did pretty well too. As for all the other Avengers sets it's way too early to know anything.

Honestly, I’m happy the speeder bike didn’t sell well. It was a very mediocre set (another oversized bike). Hopefully this eliminates chances of bad sets in possible upcoming waves

8 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Can't say I'm surprised the Spider-Man Mech did worse than Iron Man and Thanos, the Spider-Man figure was already in several sets (not to mention was the inferior version without dual-molding) including one for the same price a year earlier that also included Green Goblin, whereas Iron Man (despite his presence in so many sets this year) was brand new and exclusive, and Thanos is still exclusive.

While patiently waiting for the BL prices for Rescue and the Stark Gauntlet to drop I came across the Hulk Helicopter Drop set on discount, as much as I initially disliked the set I caved and bought it. And honestly...... it's not that bad.

Besides Black Widow the minifigures are well printed and propper inclusions so that's a big plus. The Chitauri builds, while small, add a lot to the set and are quite likeable. My main gripe with this set was obviously that big ugly helicopter but having built it and being able to look at it from all possible angles I must admit it's not horrible. There are some nice techniques included in the building process and the end result is pretty good. I don't see the point in having Hulk jump from it like shown on the box but I'm thinking of modding it so it'll more or less be a helicopter version of the LAAT/c to take my War Machine Buster into battle :grin:

53 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

While patiently waiting for the BL prices for Rescue and the Stark Gauntlet to drop I came across the Hulk Helicopter Drop set on discount, as much as I initially disliked the set I caved and bought it. And honestly...... it's not that bad.

Besides Black Widow the minifigures are well printed and propper inclusions so that's a big plus. The Chitauri builds, while small, add a lot to the set and are quite likeable. My main gripe with this set was obviously that big ugly helicopter but having built it and being able to look at it from all possible angles I must admit it's not horrible. There are some nice techniques included in the building process and the end result is pretty good. I don't see the point in having Hulk jump from it like shown on the box but I'm thinking of modding it so it'll more or less be a helicopter version of the LAAT/c to take my War Machine Buster into battle :grin:

I pretty much got that set for the figures and the Chitauri, but i was shocked at how much i liked the Helicopter

24 minutes ago, 2lazeetomakeaname said:

I pretty much got that set for the figures and the Chitauri, but i was shocked at how much i liked the Helicopter

Yeah same here, the only reasons I initially wanted it were Rescue and the Stark Gauntlet (and Hulk a little bit as well). The helicopter is far from perfect but definetely not as horrible as I thought it was, it's mainly the back half that desperately needs fixing.

23 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Yeah same here, the only reasons I initially wanted it were Rescue and the Stark Gauntlet (and Hulk a little bit as well). The helicopter is far from perfect but definetely not as horrible as I thought it was, it's mainly the back half that desperately needs fixing.

Its a fairly breakable set too. Mines shattered like 5 times just moving it to a new shelf

Just now, 2lazeetomakeaname said:

Its a fairly breakable set too. Mines shattered like 5 times just moving it to a new shelf

I agree, it's also not particularly easy to pick up. The only thing you can properly use as a handle is the back half but it's really fragile imo

It's too blurry to make out exactly what it is but Kingsley Shacklebolt's armprinting from the second Harry Potter CMF could be very usefull to improve Rescue

Looks like TLG made a whoopsie by limiting the Art sets to 4 copies per household... Not very clever when you need 6 for the Iron Man and Sith ones :tongue: 

1 minute ago, Lego-Freak said:

Looks like TLG made a whoopsie by limiting the Art sets to 4 copies per household... Not very clever when you need 6 for the Iron Man and Sith ones :tongue: 

''WHAT ARE YOU?!'' 

''An idiot sandwich'' 

So the audio thingy you can listen to while building the mosaic isn't even exclusive:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Flw78IvdV3M

Edited by Guyon2002

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

Oh, huh... Isn't it 4 per series, per household? So, 4 SW, 4 Marvel, etc?

In other news. I found Iron Man's Armory at the Dutch (web)store A-Tembo :excited: Ordered it right away, along with the 501st Battlepack Legion Troopers :wub:
Thought you might like to know :sweet:

Regards,
Mitch

1 hour ago, CF Mitch said:

In other news. I found Iron Man's Armory at the Dutch (web)store A-Tembo :excited: Ordered it right away, along with the 501st Battlepack Legion Troopers :wub:
Thought you might like to know :sweet:

Nice! I got the Captain Marvel poly, Black Widow movie set, IM Armory and Avengers Tower from Brickshop today :excited:

1 hour ago, CF Mitch said:

Oh, huh... Isn't it 4 per series, per household? So, 4 SW, 4 Marvel, etc?

Sure, it’s 4 for each individual product, but for the Marvel and Star Wars ones, you need 6 copies each if you want to have all motives (the large 4th one requiring 3 copies) :wink:

I have a question about the new Iron Man Art set. The part count suggests that each set has around 800 extra 1x1 round plates. The 16x16 picture frame panels are listed on bricks and pieces for £5.67 each (though currently out of stock). If you bought just two Iron Man sets,  and an extra bunch of the 16x16 frames, how far could you get towards finishing the giant three panel picture?

I'm wondering if it is worth the extra expense of a third set to avoid the hassle of buying the remaining parts individually. Also, buying three sets would leave me with about 2400 1x1 plates at the end, which is more than enough to cover a fourth 48x48 panel.

4 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Nice! I got the Captain Marvel poly, Black Widow movie set, IM Armory and Avengers Tower from Brickshop today :excited:

Excellent! 

4 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Sure, it’s 4 for each individual product, but for the Marvel and Star Wars ones, you need 6 copies each if you want to have all motives (the large 4th one requiring 3 copies) :wink:

Oh, damn, of course. I miscounted in my head it seems :blush:
The Mosaics were up on A-Tembo as well, by the way. Thinking of getting 4 of the IM Mosaic. 3 for the 'Ultimate Build', and one seperate for the Hulkbuster portrait :wub:

Regards,
Mitch

*Edit: Crap, the Marvel Mosaic isn't on A-Tembo, just the others :cry2:

Edited by CF Mitch
Correction of info

I'm surprised LEGO gave Red Skull bland unprinted legs. Doesn't really matter if you use Palpatine's or Hux/Snape's legprint but both really improve the figure :shrug_oh_well:

On 7/30/2020 at 12:30 AM, HarryVader said:

I hope we get Avengers sets in 2021 as well, maybe this time comic/MCU based

I'm the opposite,I'm sick tired of all this Avengers attention.Last year we had movie based sets and this year we have comic based.I'd personally prefer some X-men sets for a change,especially now that Disney has the rights for those characters. 

18 minutes ago, LOTR34 said:

I'm the opposite,I'm sick tired of all this Avengers attention.Last year we had movie based sets and this year we have comic based.I'd personally prefer some X-men sets for a change,especially now that Disney has the rights for those characters. 

Considering the last real non mighty micros sets was the worst selling marvel set of that year, they will most likely wait till a movie until they fully do X-men again. Next year expect avengers 

1 hour ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Considering the last real non mighty micros sets was the worst selling marvel set of that year, they will most likely wait till a movie until they fully do X-men again. Next year expect avengers 

Really?! *huh* Did the Blackbird set sold that badly? Well that's a shame I really love that set.

But come on with the current plans for the MCU it'll be forever until we get another X-men movie :hmpf_bad:

6 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

The Iron Man one has a limit of 2 in the USA, which is infuriating since I want 3 to make the giant picture. That seems very stupid to me. 

Not sure if you have a retail store near you, but my local store let me get six no problem, so perhaps it’s different for them. Target also has price tags for this and the Star Wars one out, which means at some point, they’ll make it to shelves.

Edited by legozebra

3 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

I mainly want a proper Thanos after that infinity gauntlet tease this year

3 hours ago, LOTR34 said:

Wouldn't it be cool if they release X-Men 20th anniversary movie merchandise like the other toy companies?

4 minutes ago, HarryVader said:

Wouldn't it be cool if they release X-Men 20th anniversary movie merchandise like the other toy companies?

That would be amazing! I'd love to have a Hugh Jackman Wolverine in Lego form. 

Hopefully when the New Mutants movie comes out later this month it does well enough in the box office to draw out more X-men interest by the public. 

I dont know what it was like elsewhere but the few X-Men sets we have gotten over the years have been nearly impossible to find here in Australia. If that's true elsewhere (and they didn't see wide release and stuff compared to the Avengers stuff) that would explain the poor sales.