Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

The Helicarrier is getting trashed because it's poorly designed, simple as that. If it was actually well made and worthy of having the name 'Helicarrier'

Learn opinions boi

1 hour ago, HalfBloodPrince said:

Learn opinions boi

You might want to take your own advice. If someone thinks a set is bad he or she will say that, that's an opinion. Just because what said person said is negative doesn't mean it's no longer an opinion. But I'm sick of 'discussing' this with you as I might as well be talking to a wall. 

11 minutes ago, HalfBloodPrince said:

the problem is the people in this forum always say this set is trash, i have never even seen you type anything except the sets being bad.

Well maybe that's because I don't like the sets that came out thise year. Out of what, 15 or 20 sets that came out this year I only like 3 - Black Widow set, Avengers Tower and Venomosaurus Ambush. While there are a few great elements in other sets, I don't like them. Minifigures are mostly okay, but the builds have been pretty terrible this year. Again, this is just my opinion. On the forum where we discuss those sets, I have a right to say what I think about those sets.

Also, that perfectly proves that you're the one who doesn't understand what's an opinion. 

@HalfBloodPrince Please learn to be respectful, or you won’t be able to share your opinions here anymore. 

Everyone is allowed to share their thoughts on the sets; positive or negative, whether they agree with you or not. 

Keep it civil everyone. :thumbup:

45 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Well maybe that's because I don't like the sets that came out thise year. Out of what, 15 or 20 sets that came out this year I only like 3 - Black Widow set, Avengers Tower and Venomosaurus Ambush. While there are a few great elements in other sets, I don't like them. Minifigures are mostly okay, but the builds have been pretty terrible this year. Again, this is just my opinion. On the forum where we discuss those sets, I have a right to say what I think about those sets.

Also, that perfectly proves that you're the one who doesn't understand what's an opinion. 

You haven’t even responded to what I said about how you are saying your stuff like a fact.

2 hours ago, HalfBloodPrince said:

the problem is the people in this forum always say this set is trash, i have never even seen you type anything except the sets being bad.

Ummmm.... I like most Marvel sets and I try my best to defend Lego and their decisions... but even I dislike the Helicarrier. Many people think it's not a good looking set, and they are justified to feel that way, just as you are justified to love the set. 

Edited by HarryVader

14 minutes ago, HalfBloodPrince said:

You haven’t even responded to what I said about how you are saying your stuff like a fact.

Look, I don't want to argue, as it seems pretty pointless and really off-topic. I just wanted to make you understand that we aren't negative just because we hate this theme and we hate those sets - we are being negative simply because we don't like what Lego has been doing with that theme lately.

I may sometimes sound negative or that I give my opinion like it's a fact, but that's because I am really frustrated with all those sets we are getting.

2 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Look, I don't want to argue, as it seems pretty pointless and really off-topic. I just wanted to make you understand that we aren't negative just because we hate this theme and we hate those sets - we are being negative simply because we don't like what Lego has been doing with that theme lately.

I may sometimes sound negative or that I give my opinion like it's a fact, but that's because I am really frustrated with all those sets we are getting.

This. Let's not hate on each other for having different opinions on sets. After all, we're all Lego Marvel fans who want to see Lego giving us the best sets to add to our collections

Edited by HarryVader

Does anyone think we might get an Avengers game Taskmaster???

I'm super hyped for the Hulk buster set.  Say what will about the head, but for me it matches the inset flatish look to many Hulkbister concepts and theres an amazing fully enclosed cockpit with almost zero studs showing.  I think this is an amazing set.  Also love the AIM agents in the set, wish all the aerial AIMs were based on that design.

Edited by Rayskull

3 minutes ago, Rayskull said:

Its a decent possibility, although the Black Widow set Taskmaster minifig might be Lego's way of giving us a new Taskmaster regardless

We hardly know anything about the Avengers game story, much less the characters they're using, though. For all we know Abomination has a bigger role in the game than Taskmaster.

Personally I'm hoping for a Ms. Marvel minifig (minus the giant floppy rubber arms so I won't be forced to use the dark non-purist ways just for a normal minifig)

38 minutes ago, Mountain Drew said:

Its a decent possibility, although the Black Widow set Taskmaster minifig might be Lego's way of giving us a new Taskmaster regardless

We hardly know anything about the Avengers game story, much less the characters they're using, though. For all we know Abomination has a bigger role in the game than Taskmaster.

Personally I'm hoping for a Ms. Marvel minifig (minus the giant floppy rubber arms so I won't be forced to use the dark non-purist ways just for a normal minifig)

Eeww  I don't think I want an abominations set.  I'd love a AIM powersuit though.  Maybe even a Scientist.  Task Master is on my want list and the movie version design sucks....

1 hour ago, Rayskull said:

I'd say the chances of us getting another MCU Taskmaster is higher than us getting the Square Enix Taskmaster. Maybe they'll release another Black Widow related set closer to the movie's release. I'd be cool with a bigger Black Widow set with white suit Widow, repeat Taskmaster, Red Guardian, Melina and a Red Room Black Widow with Taskmaster's APC as a build.

Edited by HarryVader

4 hours ago, Rayskull said:

I doubt that's ever gonna happen. They just gave us the MCU Taskmaster and if they wanted to give us a SE Taskmaster they would've done so in one of the Square Enix inspired sets. 

On 6/16/2020 at 12:44 AM, PicnicBasketSam said:

I watched just2good's review and am reminded why I unsubbed years ago, but that's not the point... 

I'm really out of the loop and haven't seen his videos in a long time.

Could you (or anyone, actually) elaborate on that?

I'm not trying to start beef or anything, just genuinely curious because, as far as I've heard, he doesnt seem conflictive at all.

Thanks a lot ^^

20 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

I'm not trying to start beef or anything, just genuinely curious because, as far as I've heard, he doesnt seem conflictive at all.

Thanks a lot ^^

He's a great guy, and I love watching his videos and reviews. I don't think he ever started a conflict or something.

16 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

I honestly don't mind the helmet all that much, I like being able to flip up the faceplate on the ''old'' helmets but they always looked kinda off to me. It's a shame they don't have a separate faceplate but I do like the shaping of the Invincible IM helmet a lot more than the other one. 

Don't get me wrong, I like the new helmets fine, but it's just that they don't visually match the MCU versions, so to me that kinda looks off in my display.
But I'll live with it :tongue::thumbup: 

Regards,
Mitch

15 hours ago, HRC said:

Yes. I hate the new helmet on the suits. Yes, I do get why they did it, but I still hate them soo much.

I like Iron Man but I never bought any previous Iron Man sets because the flip up helmet looked silly being so big....to me at least.   These new helmets look great, got my first Iron Man ($10) set and looking forward to Hulkbuster.

Really hope I'll be be able to justify the tower lol great looking armors in that.

Edited by Rayskull

5 hours ago, PGBQW said:

Thanks a lot ^^

I'm not aware of any bad business around him, I just don't like his videos much anymore. :shrug_confused:

I saw the pics of Iron Man's armory, the close up pic of the MK2 indeed has Blazers helmet in the pic, I think it's misdirection or error.  

8 minutes ago, Rayskull said:

I saw the pics of Iron Man's armory, the close up pic of the MK2 indeed has Blazers helmet in the pic, I think it's misdirection or error.  

It's an error but we already knew that

4 hours ago, PicnicBasketSam said:

I'm not aware of any bad business around him, I just don't like his videos much anymore. :shrug_confused:

Oh, sorry, I wasnt trying to imply anything, I guess I just missinterpreted your message

17 hours ago, Rayskull said:

I'm super hyped for the Hulk buster set.  Say what will about the head, but for me it matches the inset flatish look to many Hulkbister concepts and theres an amazing fully enclosed cockpit with almost zero studs showing.  I think this is an amazing set.  Also love the AIM agents in the set, wish all the aerial AIMs were based on that design.

No, I don't think we'll get an Avengers game Taskmaster. 

I respect your opinion about the Hulkbuster set, yes, it does look cool (not the head). I might get it for the new rescue and the cool body design, but I want to save my budget. The head is bad, but I'm happy some people like it.

16 hours ago, Rayskull said:

the movie version design sucks [for Taskmaster]

The movie Taskmaster design, or the Minifigure? I think the movie design for Taskmaster in the Black Widow movie is extremely badass-looking. The Minifigure, on the other hand, doesn't have leg printing, or a shield. So I think Lego was lazy. But the head and torso actually look pretty accurate to the movie, so I accept it.

16 hours ago, HarryVader said:

I'd say the chances of us getting another MCU Taskmaster is higher than us getting the Square Enix Taskmaster. Maybe they'll release another Black Widow related set closer to the movie's release. I'd be cool with a bigger Black Widow set with white suit Widow, repeat Taskmaster, Red Guardian, Melina and a Red Room Black Widow with Taskmaster's APC as a build.

It would be super cool to have a bigger black widow set, but I don't think that it will happen. Red Guardian would probably be an SDCC exclusive (But SDCC got canceled so I don't know). I would LOVE for another set to be released though.

9 minutes ago, HRC said:

The movie Taskmaster design, or the Minifigure? I think the movie design for Taskmaster in the Black Widow movie is extremely badass-looking. The Minifigure, on the other hand, doesn't have leg printing, or a shield. So I think Lego was lazy. But the head and torso actually look pretty accurate to the movie, so I accept it.

I already expressed these thoughts when the set first got revealed but I think the lack of a shield can actually be blamed on Marvel. There's no sign of it in any of the trailers but Hasbro also made a sword/shield comboweapon just like LEGO. 

Hasbro Marvel Black Widow Taskmaster Stealth Slash Sword and ...

1 hour ago, HRC said:

No, I don't think we'll get an Avengers game Taskmaster. 

I respect your opinion about the Hulkbuster set, yes, it does look cool (not the head). I might get it for the new rescue and the cool body design, but I want to save my budget. The head is bad, but I'm happy some people like it.

It would be super cool to have a bigger black widow set, but I don't think that it will happen. Red Guardian would probably be an SDCC exclusive (But SDCC got canceled so I don't know). I would LOVE for another set to be released though.

Oh the movie design itself, to me, is no where near as cool as any other incarnation of the character.  Not Lego's fault for sure.

That said the Lego version looks better than movie.  But missing leg print and shield sword detail

Edited by Rayskull

I really wish that the new armors based off of MCU designs used the MCU helmet mold. The newer one works better for Rescue and certain Iron Man suits for sure, but not for the 3 new “MCU” armors. The mold is still in production from last year’s sets and they’ve mixed the new helmet with the old one in the same set in the previous Hall of Armor, so I don’t see why they couldn’t have done it again.