Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

2 hours ago, ARC2149Nova said:

That would suck so bad. At least give us repeats of characters we want (Electro, Shocker, Rhino) not the same old tired Dock Ock, Venom and Vulture.

I would not say no to a repeat of the comic Mysterio. A new Kraven would be nice but I think they'll most likely release him with the Spider-Man 3 sets (Kraven is likely that film's villain).

On 6/1/2020 at 3:19 PM, Fenghuang0296 said:

Better question is, if I go ahead with getting both versions of the Tower and this, what will I do with two spare Enix suits?

I have an okay solution to this. I have 3 mark 50s and will have a lot of enix suits so I swapped out the leg part (not the waist part) for the two suits so now I made the nanotech enix suit and the mark 70.

Edited by HRC

On 6/3/2020 at 1:51 PM, Falconfan1414 said:

Interior pictures are out ;) gotta say I love this set

I remember you saying that this would be a set that lots of people would like. Looks like you were correct. :classic: (I hate this set, but that's just my opinion.)

I know a lot of you still love the set but watching Just2Good's review on the Helicarrier really made me hate it even more. Here's why: 

- It's too small

- The rotors stick out to much

- The jail takes up a lot of space, doesn't look that good and doesn't function in-universe because it doesn't have a proper roof

- Huge lack of interior space

- Only enough space for 3 figures which are hard to get in

- The big turret on the landing deck looks out of place

- There is no place for an aircraft to properly land, which is one of the helicarrier's primary functions

- There are too many stickers

- Multicolored parts used for the mechanisms aren't covered up well

- The playfeature doesn't make sense, it's an aircraft not a car with rotors

- It's basically a flying rectangle

- The radar dish has basically no movement whatsoever

The figures and MODOK are great and although I could do without it the little aircraft isn't that horrible. The Helicarrier however has so many flaws I'm honestly surprised people like it. But opinions differ so if you're excited for this set I'm happy for you. 

3 hours ago, HRC said:

I hate this set, but that's just my opinion

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

I know a lot of you still love the set but watching Just2Good's review on the Helicarrier really made me hate it even more. Here's why: 

- It's too small

- The jail takes up a lot of space, doesn't look that good and doesn't function in-universe because it doesn't have a proper roof

- There is no place for an aircraft to properly land, which is one of the helicarrier's primary functions

The figures and MODOK are great and although I could do without it the little aircraft isn't that horrible. The Helicarrier however has so many flaws I'm honestly surprised people like it. But opinions differ so if you're excited for this set I'm happy for you. 

I have to agree with all of the above. The gears take up way too much space, are ugly, and frankly don't do much (the spinning rotors function is not that cool, especially considering how much gear went into making it possible). I would have preferred no spinning rotors but more interior. Definitely much weaker than 2015's Helicarrier. MODOK is gold though.

From the reviews, Wrath of Loki seems like a cool set for $60. Still not a fan of the helicarrier, but I do look forward to the Avengers Tower.

I watched just2good's review and am reminded why I unsubbed years ago, but that's not the point... never have I seen a 1200 piece flagship action theme set have so little going on. He said in his wrap up that he didn't think anything had to really be compromised and I don't think that could be further from the truth. Squashing a roughly minifig size helicarrier into this price point while also having action features, interior space, and looking somewhat decent has been proved by this set to be an impossible task, it's been compromised six ways to Sunday. Burying all the gears inside the model (which wasn't even followed through on, as there are bright red ones clearly visible inside the prison compartment) has shoved out most of the interior space and made all the surroundings way too blocky and linking it all to a wheel in the exact center of the model instead of a discreet crank on the back doesn't make much sense to me and suggests a target audience too young to actually put this thing together. The cannon is fine but it makes no sense at all to stick in the middle of a runway, and the jail cell looks so unfinished (why isn't there a turntable under that radar dish?) inside and out that it seems like a large number of pieces had to be removed to get this thing under budget... it genuinely amazes me how much worse this is than all of the assorted Quinjets.

I really wonder how much this expensive, poorly designed, non-MCU-themed set is going to sell...

So last year when the Hall of Armour originally came out, I bought a custom Iron Man Mark 22 online. Which I honestly think looks better than the ‘Blazer’ Mark 22. I clicked through the other Iron Man armours we haven’t gotten yet, and now I’m thinking that when I get the Tower I could swap the arms and legs with dark bley or silver ones for either the Mark 29/Fiddler or Mark 32/Romeo. Can’t decide which yet. Does anyone know any good dark grey legs with printing that would match the suit reasonably well?

11 hours ago, HRC said:

IMG_2973-min.JPG.d1d360924eb9c481b57a51d5b01f779e.JPG

I got the idea from this, nice work! Might just do that. 

12 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

*snap*

I agree. I don't know how someone could look at this set and say "I have no complaints, it's perfect for what it is". 

Edited by THELEGOBATMAN

16 hours ago, HRC said:

I have an okay solution to this. I have 3 mark 50s and will have a lot of enix suits so I swapped out the leg part (not the waist part) for the two suits so now I made the nanotech enix suit and the mark 70.

Nice, I made custom Iron Man using Macys´ legs from Nexo Knights. I don´t know what real suit it could be, but I think it looks good.

I also added Monkey Kings´ arms to MK42 to make it more golden.

94017589_814916032366801_8783297769172369408_n.jpg

94037271_651474869026632_2899026783619776512_n.jpg

Edited by Mr. Cube

1 hour ago, Mr. Cube said:

Nice, I made custom Iron Man using Macys´ legs from Nexo Knights. I don´t know what real suit it could be, but I think it looks good.

I also added Monkey Kings´ arms to MK42 to make it more golden.

*snap*

I really love that custom Iron Man, those legs and torso match very well.

Mark 42, on the other hand, looks kind of worse, as the gold colouring on the arms doesn't match with the rest of the gold.

20 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

- It's too small

I've seen a big MOD of the Heliccarier done by MasterOfElements 30 pages back there. Planning to rebuild mine according to it.

9 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I agree. I don't know how someone could look at this set and say "I have no complaints, it's perfect for what it is". 

You all are the definition of negative, do you not understand opinions?

18 hours ago, PicnicBasketSam said:

I really wonder how much this expensive, poorly designed, non-MCU-themed set is going to sell...

Collectors and the age demographic are gonna buy it lol

Edited by HalfBloodPrince

8 hours ago, Mr. Cube said:

It gives me "ultimate iron man" vibes. I agree it's really cool-looking.

it looks like the mark 14 "tiger".

Edited by HRC

51 minutes ago, HalfBloodPrince said:

''You all''? I guess you haven't read the last sentence of my post properly :tongue: And @THELEGOBATMAN does understand opinions, he just made it clear he personally doesn't understand how someone could like this set. But I guess reading is a very hard thing to do :shrug_oh_well:

On another note, has anyone seen the MK2 leak? It's not the right helmet (that's Hotrod) but the printing for the torso and legs look really good

1 minute ago, Guyon2002 said:

On another note, has anyone seen the MK2 leak?

Yes. It looks really good.

Eurobricks says my I used up all my attachment space.

6 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

On another note, has anyone seen the MK2 leak? It's not the right helmet (that's Hotrod) but the printing for the torso and legs look really good

It doesss :wub: Such a shame the helmet doesn't match the MCU armors...
Oh well. I'll live :shrug_oh_well:

Regards,
Mitch

2 minutes ago, CF Mitch said:

It doesss :wub: Such a shame the helmet doesn't match the MCU armors...
Oh well. I'll live :shrug_oh_well:

Regards,
Mitch

I honestly don't mind the helmet all that much, I like being able to flip up the faceplate on the ''old'' helmets but they always looked kinda off to me. It's a shame they don't have a separate faceplate but I do like the shaping of the Invincible IM helmet a lot more than the other one. 

1 hour ago, HalfBloodPrince said:

Collectors and the age demographic are gonna buy it lol

Oh I do understand them. I don't mind if someone likes this set, as I see what someone could like about it. I just don't personally know how someone could look at it and say that it's perfect. And yes, I also don't mind if he thinks so, but in my opinon I have no idea how someone could consider it perfect.

You, on the other hand, don't understand what's an opinion. Someone says that he doesn't like a particular set, and you come out and say that's negativity. Liking a set is not called positivity. Disliking a set is not called negativity. Liking or disliking a set is called having an opinion.

29 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Oh I do understand them. I don't mind if someone likes this set, as I see what someone could like about it. I just don't personally know how someone could look at it and say that it's perfect. And yes, I also don't mind if he thinks so, but in my opinon I have no idea how someone could consider it perfect.

You, on the other hand, don't understand what's an opinion. Someone says that he doesn't like a particular set, and you come out and say that's negativity. Liking a set is not called positivity. Disliking a set is not called negativity. Liking or disliking a set is called having an opinion.

Read what you said: I dont see how anyone could like this set, Learn opinions, bud. Then after you say, no complaints and that it is good for what it is like J2G said, you don’t understand opinions.

I bet Lego would make the best marvel set and you people on this forum would find something to hate. 

Edited by HalfBloodPrince

4 minutes ago, HalfBloodPrince said:

I bet Lego would make the best marvel set and you people on this forum would find something to hate. 

I don't know if you've noticed but everything, even the most beautifull thing in the world, has flaws worth pointing out. We don't hate stuff, we care about it enough to point out it's flaws.

1 hour ago, CF Mitch said:

Such a shame the helmet doesn't match the MCU armors

Yes. I hate the new helmet on the suits. Yes, I do get why they did it, but I still hate them soo much.

54 minutes ago, HalfBloodPrince said:

Yeah, we do that because we care about Lego, this franchise and this theme. You can't just blindly love everything - if you care about something, you say what's good AND bad about it. Are there Marvel sets I love that came out in 2020? Yes. Do they have flaws? Yes. Is it worth pointing them out? Yes.

18 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Yeah, we do that because we care about Lego, this franchise and this theme. You can't just blindly love everything - if you care about something, you say what's good AND bad about it. Are there Marvel sets I love that came out in 2020? Yes. Do they have flaws? Yes. Is it worth pointing them out? Yes.

the problem is the people in this forum always say this set is trash, i have never even seen you type anything except the sets being bad.

10 minutes ago, HalfBloodPrince said:

the problem is the people in this forum always say this set is trash, i have never even seen you type anything except the sets being bad.

The Helicarrier is getting trashed because it's poorly designed, simple as that. If it was actually well made and worthy of having the name 'Helicarrier' people would've praised it a lot more. As for TLB never saying anything except for the sets being bad, check again:

On 5/21/2020 at 7:12 PM, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Avengers Tower is really great, I hope the landing pad is big enough to fit anything there. I love the colour scheme and buildable "A" sign. Getting more Iron Man armours is really cool, but it feels like in their place they could have made new characters.