Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

18 minutes ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

In answer to good fellow @THELEGOBATMAN

I am sure that LEGO will not miss the chance to go for a Marvel Series.
But I have my opinions also that it can be further delaied for this:

A) I believe Series 21 will hit in 2021.
B) I believe they can't miss the Mario license, so a Mario CMF would fit perfectly and I think they don't want to delay that.
C) They can't do Winnie the Pooh parts for the ideas project if they are not planned for a CMF line. So Disney 3 is also very likely.

So this would complete the asset for 2021 CMF line. I can be surely wrong on B or C (doubt I am on A) so there's always room for Marvel.
But this configuration for 2021 seems very likely to me.

Kinda agree with you on A & B, but not C. Lego is already breaking their rule for no new molds with Sesame Street project, so I doubt they will make Disney series 3 just for Winnie Pooh molds. They might do it for different reasons though. I mean we all just hope we can get Marvel Cmf next year, that's all.

24 minutes ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

In answer to good fellow @THELEGOBATMAN

I am sure that LEGO will not miss the chance to go for a Marvel Series.
But I have my opinions also that it can be further delaied for this:

A
B) I believe they can't miss the Mario license, so a Mario CMF would fit perfectly and I think they don't want to delay that.

You could argue that LEGO would want to keep minifigures out for Mario while they make sure the digital figure and course building can sell so they might wait until 2022 for Mario CMF

49 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

Kinda agree with you on A & B, but not C. Lego is already breaking their rule for no new molds with Sesame Street project, so I doubt they will make Disney series 3 just for Winnie Pooh molds. They might do it for different reasons though. I mean we all just hope we can get Marvel Cmf next year, that's all.

Is it confirmed that the Sesame Street set is getting new molds, or is that just speculation? I have to say it would be nice if the no new molds rule went away.

25 minutes ago, BigGuy4U said:

Is it confirmed that the Sesame Street set is getting new molds, or is that just speculation? I have to say it would be nice if the no new molds rule went away.

Just a guess at the point, but there is no way they can make some of those characters without new molds.

Edited by benderisgreat

Probably not gonna have any impact on LEGO but during Sony's Playstation 5 reveal stream they just announced a new Spider-Man PS4 game/dlc for holiday 2020

35 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Probably not gonna have any impact on LEGO but during Sony's Playstation 5 reveal stream they just announced a new Spider-Man PS4 game/dlc for holiday 2020

I really hope that for this game we'll get something more than just a Comic-Con exclusive minifigure tbh.

1 minute ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I really hope that for this game we'll get something more than just a Comic-Con exclusive minifigure tbh.

I hope so too but it's very unlikely as it's looking like this game won't even come to PS4 :ugh:

7 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I hope so too but it's very unlikely as it's looking like this game won't even come to PS4 :ugh:

Why would it tho? It's a PS5 game made for PS5.

5 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Why would it tho? It's a PS5 game made for PS5.

Because the first games made for the PS4 still came out on the PS3...

11 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Because the first games made for the PS4 still came out on the PS3...

It doesn't make sense from business point of view. 

The main thing that attracts people to a new console isn't the console itself, it's the games. And if you can play new games on your old console, why would you buy a new console?

5 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Sooner than I expected.

I don't like that it's only for the PS5 though, I think the amount of people who will buy a PS5 for the sole reason of playing this game wouldn't make them as much money as they would from the amount of people who would buy this for their PS4 or Xbox. (Though that's coming from a salty xbox user who doesn't want to buy another console)

6 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Sooner than I expected.

I don't like that it's only for the PS5 though, I think the amount of people who will buy a PS5 for the sole reason of playing this game wouldn't make them as much money as they would from the amount of people who would buy this for their PS4 or Xbox. (Though that's coming from a salty xbox user who doesn't want to buy another console)

I suppose they have got really good people from marketing and sales department, so they probably know what they're doing.

Either way it worked on my, I would buy the console anyway (maybe not on premiere tho), but now that I know it's coming with this game it became a day 1 buy for me.

The best I could see Lego doing to market the game a bit is another January wave of Spiderman sets with at least one having the Miles Morales minifig from January 2019. Although we still know very little about the game's actual plot, I really hope Lego takes this opportunity of Spiderman hype to give us some new characters, or at the very least awesome new minifig designs (if we're being honest I wouldn't mind a Lizard or Kingpin one bit)

1 hour ago, Mountain Drew said:

The best I could see Lego doing to market the game a bit is another January wave of Spiderman sets with at least one having the Miles Morales minifig from January 2019. Although we still know very little about the game's actual plot, I really hope Lego takes this opportunity of Spiderman hype to give us some new characters, or at the very least awesome new minifig designs (if we're being honest I wouldn't mind a Lizard or Kingpin one bit)

We're probably gonna get another wave with more Spider-Man vehicles and repeated villains.

Apparently it's not a new game. It's simply a remaster of 2018's Marvel's Spider-Man with a small expansion in which you play as Miles so I would find it weird if this wasn't released on PS4. But on the topic of this discussion I highly doubt LEGO will do anything to promote this. 

26 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Apparently it's not a new game. It's simply a remaster of 2018's Marvel's Spider-Man with a small expansion in which you play as Miles so I would find it weird if this wasn't released on PS4. But on the topic of this discussion I highly doubt LEGO will do anything to promote this. 

Last nights event was to focus and announce the exclusive PS5 games that are coming. None of these games will be out on the PS4 they are just for PS5. They already confirmed this. It's to make people want to buy the PS5.

I can't see it being a full remaster. I think it's just a small spinoff game before Marvel's Spider-Man 2 launches next year or the year after.

36 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I know you probably really want it to release on PS4 (from what I see), but it's not gonna happen. They confirmed it's a PS5 exclusive game, and a month earlier they confirmed that the games that will work on PS5 won't work on PS4.

11 minutes ago, JediJosh said:

I can't see it being a full remaster. I think it's just a small spinoff game before Marvel's Spider-Man 2 launches next year or the year after.

It's been confirmed though. It's a remaster of the previous game with Miles Morales being an expansion

Edited by Guyon2002

Fair enough. I haven't seen anywhere confirming this that's all. And from what I've heard the Miles bit is not going to be that big. Thats what I read about it being a spinoff game before the proper sequel comes out

32 minutes ago, JediJosh said:

Fair enough. I haven't seen anywhere confirming this that's all. And from what I've heard the Miles bit is not going to be that big. Thats what I read about it being a spinoff game before the proper sequel comes out

https://t.co/7fkyRVBsRY

"PlayStation’s Simon Rutter has said that ‘SPIDER-MAN MILES MORALES’ is an expansion with a “substantial Miles Morales component.”

Rutter adds that there are also major enhancements to the game and the game engine from 2018’s ‘SPIDER-MAN PS4’.

(Source: https://t.co/5UoUoMetur )".

Edited by THELEGOBATMAN

4 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

It's been confirmed though. It's a remaster of the previous game with Miles Morales being an expansion

So at the very most we'll get a 2019 miles figure in the january 2021 spider man wave

The good thing is, this version of Miles' suit doesn't look too different from comicbook version of his suit, which fortunately his previous minifigures have been based on.

7 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

https://t.co/7fkyRVBsRY

"PlayStation’s Simon Rutter has said that ‘SPIDER-MAN MILES MORALES’ is an expansion with a “substantial Miles Morales component.”

Rutter adds that there are also major enhancements to the game and the game engine from 2018’s ‘SPIDER-MAN PS4’.

(Source: https://t.co/5UoUoMetur )".

It's now been confirmed by Insomniac Games that it will be a stand alone game and not and expansion.

It's not going to be a very big game. A small game with a low price.

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

The good thing is, this version of Miles' suit doesn't look too different from comicbook version of his suit, which fortunately his previous minifigures have been based on.

I like the theory that the suit is based off of the Miles suit from the main comic universe even within the game itself, since the game's Peter Parker is part of a spider-verse event with that Miles.

14 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

We're probably gonna get another wave with more Spider-Man vehicles and repeated villains.

That would suck so bad. At least give us repeats of characters we want (Electro, Shocker, Rhino) not the same old tired Dock Ock, Venom and Vulture.