Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

11 minutes ago, HarryVader said:

Well... there is only 1 MCU set this year so....

Thank you. The movie sets are popular when the movie comes out. Spider-Man is forever.
Anyway I'm not saying they wouldn't have MCU inspired designs. They will 100% have some.

It just won't be an MCU only "fill the holes in my movie collection" set.

That's a pipe-dream.

It'll be like the Avengers sets this year, with tweaked designs of looks inspired by the films as well as variants from cartoons and classic appearances.

The majority of spots will be taken up by new variants of existing fan-favorite characters with four or five oddball choices to please the hardcore collectors.

Just like the DC CMF.

2 hours ago, InnerRayg said:

You guys need to stop thinking like collectors and think like Lego. They don't care about filling the gaps in a collection, they want kids to see their favorite characters on the packaging.

That's actually a good point, Lego will want some spider-men, and probably more than just 2 suits.

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

We are thinking like LEGO, that's the whole point. The MCU is much more popular and mainstream than the comics, doing an MCU CMF first and possibly a comic CMF later is the obvious choice if we're just looking at money. The MCU is hot now so it would be stupid not to take advantage of that. Sure Spider-Man is popular and kids who like superheroes would want him in there but they could easily include the Homemade or Upgraded suits, that would make both kids and fans happy.

Kids move on from things somewhat fast, so at this point most kids don't really care to much about endgame. I guarantee they'd rather have something like this:

16 minutes ago, InnerRayg said:

It'll be like the Avengers sets this year, with tweaked designs of looks inspired by the films as well as variants from cartoons and classic appearances.

The majority of spots will be taken up by new variants of existing fan-favorite characters with four or five oddball choices to please the hardcore collectors.

Just like the DC CMF.

So hypothetically, if one is coming, it'll likely be some MCU outfits (Maybe an iron man suit like Midas or Disco, not the red/gold, something like fat thor, etc), but not the main versions of those characters, and probably a fair bit of spider-men and first appearence heroes.

I feel like 10/16 spots for a marvel cmf would be the same, no matter if they did mcu or comic. They would obviously do it in the same vain as the dc comic one

Edited by Falconfan1414

Honestly though, why are we even discussing a CMF in the first place? There are NO rumors saying one is happening any time soon so we're pretty much all wishlisting now

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Honestly though, why are we even discussing a CMF in the first place? There are NO rumors saying one is happening any time soon so we're pretty much all wishlisting now

There are tho, @Itaria No Shintaku himself said that Marvel CMF "probably got pushed back to 2021" and that if he would have to guess, it would come out in January 2021.

I have to be honest, if our expectations for the CMF is that they’ll give us needed MCU variants/characters or cool new characters from the comics, we’re almost certainly gonna experience a huge letdown. The DC series this year was nothing but obscure variants (some kind of cool) and at best only a few new characters. I fear that the Marvel CMF will suffer the same fate. I’d be happy with a retro Iron Man or Spider-Man but I fear that these might be all that we get, not Endgame Cap or Daredevil.

2 hours ago, HarryVader said:

I have to be honest, if our expectations for the CMF is that they’ll give us needed MCU variants/characters or cool new characters from the comics, we’re almost certainly gonna experience a huge letdown. The DC series this year was nothing but obscure variants (some kind of cool) and at best only a few new characters. I fear that the Marvel CMF will suffer the same fate. I’d be happy with a retro Iron Man or Spider-Man but I fear that these might be all that we get, not Endgame Cap or Daredevil.

I suppose. I mean, Lego couldn't even give us Kid Flash (literally the one character I really really wanted), but even if they do a split between comics and MCU, I could see:

Classic Red and Gold Iron Man, Classic Cap, Classic Thor (finally a helmet), Classic Hawkeye, Classic Black Widow, 1st Appearance Spider-Man (maybe Red and Black), Classic Daredevil, a few random villains like Baron Zemo, Enchantress, Bullseye, Electro then maybe some MCU figures like Odin, IW Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, maybe Smart Hulk?

That's of course way too good for Lego to do, but it's a base for what I could see.

Oh, and maybe Spider-verse Spider-Gwen and Miles.

That reminds me, with the new Classic Mysterio, we're literally only missing Electro to complete the Sinister Six. This CMF could be our chance to get him.

I can’t see them mixing movies and comics in one CMF. DC didn’t do that and while the DCEU isn’t anywhere near as popular as the MCU, I bet if we get a Marvel CMF it’ll either be all a comics mix like the DC CMF or it’ll be all MCU. I’d be fine with either but I’d definitely prefer an MCU one. 

11 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I can’t see them mixing movies and comics in one CMF. DC didn’t do that and while the DCEU isn’t anywhere near as popular as the MCU, I bet if we get a Marvel CMF it’ll either be all a comics mix like the DC CMF or it’ll be all MCU. I’d be fine with either but I’d definitely prefer an MCU one. 

Joker is from The Dark Knight Returns. While technically a comic, the movie is equally as iconic.

3 minutes ago, ARC2149Nova said:

Joker is from The Dark Knight Returns. While technically a comic, the movie is equally as iconic.

Yeah, but it’s a comic. Just because the movie is iconic doesn’t make it a movie based figure, and even if it did that’s not comparable to the MCU. A mixed CMF might be ideal to make everyone happy but I just don’t think that’s how LEGO would do it, but then again I never dreamed a Marvel CMF would be possible in the first place so I’ll be happy with anything. 

2 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Yeah, but it’s a comic. Just because the movie is iconic doesn’t make it a movie based figure, and even if it did that’s not comparable to the MCU. A mixed CMF might be ideal to make everyone happy but I just don’t think that’s how LEGO would do it, but then again I never dreamed a Marvel CMF would be possible in the first place so I’ll be happy with anything. 

The thing with DC is that it took figures from multiple aspects of it's history. Classic costumes, Golden Age heroes, New 52, Elseworlds (aka Joker), and so on. Marvel would likely do the same. Comics, Movies like the MCU and Spider-verse, and so on. Just to mix it up like DC did.

I honestly would prefer some comic characters over MCU any day. Theres many more characters that they haven't used from the comics than from the movies (from my personal wishlist Kang, Daredevil, Howard the Duck, Mighty Thor, etc.) and thats just if they don't use Fox's previously owned characters (a-not-$40-on-BrickLink Deadpool minifig :pir-love:)

The only way I see them doing an MCU CMF would be just random variants and characters not quite popular enough to get their own minifigures in sets or just didn't make the cut. By that I mean Ego or Endgame Cap. Not that it sounds like a bad thing, I just don't think it would be worth a whole CMF giving us basically one and done movie characters and designs we haven't gotten in sets .

I prefer a comic CMF, and think is more likely. CMF is also about new molds, and it would the perfect oportunity for a comic Hawkeye with the classic mask, and for a Scarlet Witch with tiara, which could be later reused for Enchantress.

2 hours ago, PRbrickbuilder said:

I prefer a comic CMF, and think is more likely. CMF is also about new molds, and it would the perfect oportunity for a comic Hawkeye with the classic mask, and for a Scarlet Witch with tiara, which could be later reused for Enchantress.

And depending on the shape, possibly Polaris 

1 hour ago, PRbrickbuilder said:

Man I'd love a classic Hawkeye, I'd be surprised if we ever got him though.

A Marvel CMF would definitely be a very welcome surprise. After the DC CMF I am however not getting my hopes up too high as I found that minifigure selection rather underwhelming. There are 2 characters that I am really hoping for though; Baron Zemo and Daredevil. In theory though if a Marvel CMF would come in January when would we normally expect to hear concrete rumors about it? 

4 minutes ago, TheBrickBuilder14 said:

In theory though if a Marvel CMF would come in January when would we normally expect to hear concrete rumors about it? 

August most likely.

35 minutes ago, BigGuy4U said:

Man I'd love a classic Hawkeye, I'd be surprised if we ever got him though.

DC's CMF gave us variants of the Big 7 (with Cyborg instead of Martian Manhunter), so I imagine a Marvel CMF going the same route, just with the Movie lineup instead of a comic one.

Though, they'd probably give us IM, Thor, Cap, Hulk (Bruce Banner really), Widow, Hawkeye, and then classic Ant-Man and Wasp. Covers all the bases.

Edited by ARC2149Nova

What’s going on with that rumored Hulk bust? The one that was supposedly like the Iron Man Helmet? Was it just a false rumor, because we’ve seen every other set for this year besides the mosaic? Also, is the new Hall of Armor set releasing on June 21st with everything else? Sorry for all the questions, just trying to plan out my spending. 

6 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

What’s going on with that rumored Hulk bust? The one that was supposedly like the Iron Man Helmet? Was it just a false rumor, because we’ve seen every other set for this year besides the mosaic? Also, is the new Hall of Armor set releasing on June 21st with everything else? Sorry for all the questions, just trying to plan out my spending. 

Afaik we haven't heard anything about the Hulk bust since the first rumors so idk if it's still a thing. I'd expect the Hall of Armor set to come out on August 1st, it would make sense to release it alongside the other Avengers sets in Europe. The Star Wars sets coming out August 1st also haven't been revealed yet (though they were in the catalog just like the HoA add-on) so I'd say that releasedate is pretty likely. 

2 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I thought the Hulk bust was confirmed to be actually the Hulkbuster set?

40 minutes ago, HarryVader said:

I thought the Hulk bust was confirmed to be actually the Hulkbuster set?

Nah, there were rumours of a 60€ Hulk bust that looks similar to Iron Man bust and other SW busts. No one knows if it's still coming tho.

2 hours ago, BusterNut31 said:

The minifigures really are shining this wave, I'm gonna have to see what Tazer and Blazer go for on bricklink in the months after the set releases.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

In answer to good fellow @THELEGOBATMAN

I am sure that LEGO will not miss the chance to go for a Marvel Series.
But I have my opinions also that it can be further delaied for this:

A) I believe Series 21 will hit in 2021.
B) I believe they can't miss the Mario license, so a Mario CMF would fit perfectly and I think they don't want to delay that.
C) They can't do Winnie the Pooh parts for the ideas project if they are not planned for a CMF line. So Disney 3 is also very likely.

So this would complete the asset for 2021 CMF line. I can be surely wrong on B or C (doubt I am on A) so there's always room for Marvel.
But this configuration for 2021 seems very likely to me.