Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

7 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

"Hasbro and Marvel have a new deal. This means CMF of SW and Marvel now can happen".

keyword is CAN, guys. It's has the possibility of happening, that doesn't mean it will.

5 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

That was just a guess, there are no rumors about a Marvel CMF. The only thing we know is that it's now possible for LEGO to make one

exactly.

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

keyword is CAN, guys. It's has the possibility of happening, that doesn't mean it will.

exactly.

It will tho, you really think Lego won't make a Marvel CMF sooner or later? Don't be naive, they have that license now and they are gonna use it.

the cmf better be mcu based however i think its more likely it wont be

If there’s a CMF I definitely expect it to be MCU based. Why would they do a comic based one when it would be so much easier to do one based on the movies? They could fill in the gaps for Endgame and other waves. 

30 minutes ago, mgetz said:

the cmf better be mcu based however i think its more likely it wont be

The MCU is much more popular and is more appealing to general audiences than a comic series. I would be suprised if we get a comic series

2 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

If there’s a CMF I definitely expect it to be MCU based. Why would they do a comic based one when it would be so much easier to do one based on the movies? They could fill in the gaps for Endgame and other waves. 

Yes, I was also thinking that MCU CMF is way more likely than comic based one. This way we could get missing characters and variants from older MCU films and Endgame suits like you suggested.

Edited by benderisgreat

6 hours ago, Felkin said:

The Superheroes brand includes both Marvel and DC. Although the two lines are not identical in terms of number of sets, pricing etc, does anyone know if DC getting it's own CMF this year increase the likelihood of Marvel getting one soon for "balance"? Surely Marvel wouldn't want DC to be seen to dominate a corner of the market?

There's not really any balance between them, we've had around 20 Marvel sets this year, while DC has 3 and the CMF

1 hour ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Its not difficult for them to do a comic CMF, it would probably be more difficult for an MCU theme, because they'd probably need Disney's permission to use the characters

Everyone here wants missing MCU characters like Ronin, Valkyrie (white suit) or Heimdall, but a comics wave could give us characters from all corners of the comics, Adam Warlock, Moon Knight, Daredevil. CMFs give us amazing exclusive molds, it would be a great opportunity for classic Electro

55 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Its not difficult for them to do a comic CMF, it would probably be more difficult for an MCU theme, because they'd probably need Disney's permission to use the characters

Not really, they need to consult with Disney even for comic series since Disney is license owner. So no, doing comic CMF wouldn't be easier for Lego. MCU Cmf would sell better as most people know Marvel from movies and not comics.

Edited by benderisgreat

There's no way they would do an all MCU wave. They would do a mix of designs from the comic with others inspired by the film's.

21 minutes ago, InnerRayg said:

There's no way they would do an all MCU wave. They would do a mix of designs from the comic with others inspired by the film's.

We're talking about the CMF here, they've never done a mixed CMF before

3 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

It will tho, you really think Lego won't make a Marvel CMF sooner or later? Don't be naive, they have that license now and they are gonna use it.

I'm just saying don't expect a marvel CMF to show up instantly. The rumor is that they have the ability to do so, not that one is currently being made.

Also, a big part of lego's strategy is having the figures as a large draw to an otherwise bland set. If we do get a CMF it probably won't be all the major characters/variants, as they'll want to keep desirable figures in more expensive sets.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

2 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Also, a big part of lego's strategy is having the figures as a large draw to an otherwise bland set. If we do get a CMF it probably won't be all the major characters/variants, as they'll want to keep desirable figures in more expensive sets.

I don't think that will be much of a problem. If we're looking at all the non-MCU sets from the last 5 years the only MCU (inspired) figures in those sets are Starboost, Hammerhead, Blue Steel, Hotrod, Mark 2, Coulson, Red Skull, Loki and a Nick Fury reuse. There's a ton of things they could still do between both the CMF and future sets. 

An MCU CMF could be Lego's way of acknowledging past films. Off the top of my head, we could finally see Odin, WWII Cap, The Destroyer, The Other, any number of figures that haven't been made. I for one would like to get a Malekith at some point (bland character aside, he looks cool).

I am really torn between which series they would choose, or maybe between which one I want.

Of course MCU is really popular nowadays, and it would be so fantastic to get characters (or variations) like Stealth, WW2 or Endgame Captain America (I can't choose between those 3), Upgraded or Homemade Spider-Man (again, can't choose between those), Ronin, Endgame Captain Marvel, Ego, Whiplash, more Iron Man variants, or even updated minfigs like Wasp or Black Panther (which didn't get proper justice with last variants).

Comic CMF, on the other hand, instead of giving us variants of minfigs that we want, would give us a lot of entirely new characters, for example we could finally get Daredevil, Punisher, Moon Knight, some more X-Men, Namor, or maybe we could get Fantastic Four or more Spider-Man villains (comic accurate Shocker or Electro, Kingpin, Jackal, Chameleon or Prowler).

Comic series they can do any time. Capitalize on the MCU now. I can easily seem filling out missing spots and correcting wrongs (ie wasp). Comic series they would probably do a lot of first appearance version for like iron man thor cap. 

I’d definitely want an MCU CMF first. I want the gaps in Endgame variants filled in and the major gaps in villains. I know many people won’t agree, but honestly I’d love an entire Iron Man CMF with a bunch of his missing MCU suits. 

1 minute ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I’d definitely want an MCU CMF first. I want the gaps in Endgame variants filled in and the major gaps in villains. I know many people won’t agree, but honestly I’d love an entire Iron Man CMF with a bunch of his missing MCU suits. 

I think they should do an Endgame CMF, a regular CMF and a just Iron Man one. Then we would nearly have all 51 suits

4 hours ago, 2lazeetomakeaname said:

I think they should do an Endgame CMF, a regular CMF and a just Iron Man one. Then we would nearly have all 51 suits

I don’t think an entire Endgame CMF is necessary, just an MCU one where the main 6 are in their Endgame outfits (Iron Man can be any random suit that we don’t have yet) and then the rest of the series fills in blanks like Odin, Heimdall, Ego, IW/Endgame Scarlet Witch, etc. 

7 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

We're talking about the CMF here, they've never done a mixed CMF before

It's not mixed. It would be Marvel characters with designs from various eras. Just like the closest possible comparison CMF, the DC Minifigs. You had 1st appearances, famous comic variants, cartoon versions, and lots of fan favorite characters.

I think an "MCU only" CMF is completely unrealistic. For one thing it's going to cut out 90% of the Spider-Man figures they will want to include. You have to have a Spider-Verse fig in there somewhere.

1 hour ago, InnerRayg said:

It's not mixed. It would be Marvel characters with designs from various eras. Just like the closest possible comparison CMF, the DC Minifigs. You had 1st appearances, famous comic variants, cartoon versions, and lots of fan favorite characters.

I think an "MCU only" CMF is completely unrealistic. For one thing it's going to cut out 90% of the Spider-Man figures they will want to include. You have to have a Spider-Verse fig in there somewhere.

An MCU CMF could include the homemade suit and upgraded suit, so that’s already two variants right there. And the only Spider-Verse movie character left to do is Peni Parker, who I can’t see coming without her mech. 

7 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

An MCU CMF could include the homemade suit and upgraded suit, so that’s already two variants right there. And the only Spider-Verse movie character left to do is Peni Parker, who I can’t see coming without her mech. 

No, I'm talking a Miles Morales variant.
Not to mention a Venom. There's always a Venom.

You guys need to stop thinking like collectors and think like Lego. They don't care about filling the gaps in a collection, they want kids to see their favorite characters on the packaging.

3 minutes ago, InnerRayg said:

No, I'm talking a Miles Morales variant.
Not to mention a Venom. There's always a Venom.

You guys need to stop thinking like collectors and think like Lego. They don't care about filling the gaps in a collection, they want kids to see their favorite characters on the packaging.

We are thinking like LEGO, that's the whole point. The MCU is much more popular and mainstream than the comics, doing an MCU CMF first and possibly a comic CMF later is the obvious choice if we're just looking at money. The MCU is hot now so it would be stupid not to take advantage of that. Sure Spider-Man is popular and kids who like superheroes would want him in there but they could easily include the Homemade or Upgraded suits, that would make both kids and fans happy.

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

The MCU is hot now so it would be stupid not to take advantage of that.

Well... there is only 1 MCU set this year so....