Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

1 hour ago, Marvelous Spidey said:

I actually think it's a decent build that is a nice call back to the scene in the first Iron Man. I'd much rather get rid of the AIM agents and add another armor or two personally :shrug_oh_well: I get wanting to keep it cheaper though

Look, I'll say this. I'd rather get 2 Outriders/Chitauri than those AIM Agents...

2 hours ago, PRbrickbuilder said:

Yeah, I like the car too. Usually LEGO is inventive with Marvel vehicles (Crossbones truck and Cap's jeep from Civil War come to mind), so is good to have an accurate vehicle from the movies.

I thought the jeep was alright as it was based on the Jeep that Widow gets stuck in with the nade.  The hotrod is a great new addition though!

2 hours ago, Marvelous Spidey said:

I get what you mean, but I don't think that's the point of the set "to buy multiple". I don't even think I'm going to use those spaces to display my suits, I'm much more excited for the new suits than the spots for them personally

Same here, haha!
I have plenty of 'armor cabinets' already, so I actually won't even need them :innocent:

The Hot Rod is a great addition but I believe the main attraction will indeed be the Prototype Armor. I don't have the other armor yet, so that's kinda nice too :classic:
Don't have any of those AIM soldiers yet either but, like most of you, I could do without them :head_back:

Regards,
Mitch

47 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

A lego catalog leaked that seemingly confirms the june 21 release date for at least some super heroes sets.

which ones? Im assuming all of them except the ironman armory right?

1 minute ago, mgetz said:

which ones? Im assuming all of them except the ironman armory right?

IDK it just says "Super heroes: june 21st". It's also got different dates for disney and jurrasic world. It's in the usual spot, someone posted it with some clearer images of the catalogue that had the leaked star wars sets.

6 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

A lego catalog leaked that seemingly confirms the june 21 release date for at least some super heroes sets.

That's the release for the Tower, Hulkbuster and Helmet in the US. Falconfan already said it on the previous page 

1 hour ago, ReversibleSedgewick said:

So are the obligatory fire extinguishers not a thing for the Square Enix sets? Can’t see one in the tower.

Why are you calling them 'obligatory'? The amount of Marvel sets without fire extinguishers signficantly outweigh the number of sets that do include them

22 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Why are you calling them 'obligatory'? The amount of Marvel sets without fire extinguishers signficantly outweigh the number of sets that do include them

Because there isn't much logic as to why there are so many marvel sets with fire extinguishers in the first place.

8 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

That's the release for the Tower, Hulkbuster and Helmet in the US. Falconfan already said it on the previous page 

Yeah, this just confirms/reinforces that.

I built the new Helicarrier in LDD this morning and while I didn't like it very much from the pictures, actually putting it together and then comparing it to the UCS one makes it seem actively horrible. It's an ugly brick that costs $120 and doesn't do anything or have any useful room inside. The top side is way too cluttered to serve as a runway, it's so aggressively square and blocky that the rotors are sticking up two full bricks above their surroundings, most of the interior is eaten up by a very simple Technic mechanism that should have been omitted but definitely could have been smaller, what interior is present is inefficiently configured and completely devoid of detail... the whole thing just seems too small. Every Quinjet model could do more, had more room inside, and looked better than this. I think the minifigures and the little aircraft are perfectly fine but I can't find any redeeming qualities to the main build, it seems to have very little display or play value if any at all. 

Idk if this has been mentioned here before but the new red skull minifigure has printing that exactly matches his appearance from CA the first avenger. Could LEGO have the designs for past mcu characters but are trying to put them in game and comic book based sets?

If so, that brings me hope for mcu version of characters we haven’t received. Like maybe an abomination, heimdall or even whiplash if they can loosely tie them in with a game set.

26 minutes ago, Leggomyleggo said:

Idk if this has been mentioned here before but the new red skull minifigure has printing that exactly matches his appearance from CA the first avenger. Could LEGO have the designs for past mcu characters but are trying to put them in game and comic book based sets?

If so, that brings me hope for mcu version of characters we haven’t received. Like maybe an abomination, heimdall or even whiplash if they can loosely tie them in with a game set.

Yes it was mentioned, I even posted some pictures for a comparison :wink: Everyone involved agreed on it being MCU Red Skull with a few small creative liberties, I'd definetely like to see more of these MCU throwback figures but I'd prefer just getting sets.

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I could have sworn there was a rumor going around that Hasbro and Lego came to some agreement where Lego could release Marvel/Star Wars CMFs by January 2021 or something.

Again, please correct me if I'm wrong, I know how easy it is to spread false information in this community

3 minutes ago, Mountain Drew said:

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I could have sworn there was a rumor going around that Hasbro and Lego came to some agreement where Lego could release Marvel/Star Wars CMFs by January 2021 or something.

Again, please correct me if I'm wrong, I know how easy it is to spread false information in this community

The deal Hasbro had with Disney/Marvel has indeed been changed. The new deal means LEGO can make a Marvel CMF in the future but there are no rumors/hints as to when/if it will happen

16 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

The deal Hasbro had with Disney/Marvel has indeed been changed. The new deal means LEGO can make a Marvel CMF in the future but there are no rumors/hints as to when/if it will happen

Ok thanks, like I said I forget where I heard that rumor before but thats honestly such good news

8 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

There was a rumor that MCU/ Marvel Cmf could be released next year due to changes in agreement with Hasbro. But I think it was said that Marvel Cmf definitely weren't going to be January 2021, but later in the year.

9 hours ago, Mountain Drew said:

Yeah it's true, there's a new deal for Star Wars and Marvel, which means a CMF based on those two can happen in the future. Here are some quotes from most reliable CMF leaker (@Itaria No Shintaku) who revealed this info.

"Hasbro and Marvel have a new deal. This means CMF of SW and Marvel now can happen".

"I think a Marvel CMF will happen, sooner or later".

"I think it will be Marvel, but still have my wits".

"Probably Marvel will be pushed to Jan, they didn't get licence in time it seems".

"So, I wouldn't be very surprised to see this next year. This is my expectations I have no leaks on that: JAN - Marvel CMF (Pushed from late 2020 to early 2021) [...]".

2 hours ago, benderisgreat said:

There was a rumor that MCU/ Marvel Cmf could be released next year due to changes in agreement with Hasbro. But I think it was said that Marvel Cmf definitely weren't going to be January 2021, but later in the year.

That was just a guess, there are no rumors about a Marvel CMF. The only thing we know is that it's now possible for LEGO to make one

The Superheroes brand includes both Marvel and DC. Although the two lines are not identical in terms of number of sets, pricing etc, does anyone know if DC getting it's own CMF this year increase the likelihood of Marvel getting one soon for "balance"? Surely Marvel wouldn't want DC to be seen to dominate a corner of the market?

33 minutes ago, Felkin said:

The Superheroes brand includes both Marvel and DC. Although the two lines are not identical in terms of number of sets, pricing etc, does anyone know if DC getting it's own CMF this year increase the likelihood of Marvel getting one soon for "balance"? Surely Marvel wouldn't want DC to be seen to dominate a corner of the market?

I doubt that has something to do with it, DC technically already has 3 CMF series :shrug_oh_well:

38 minutes ago, Felkin said:

They made a DC CMF because they could make, so now that they can make a Marvel CMF (Marvel is more popular nowadays), I think it's only a matter of time before they make one.

5 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I doubt that has something to do with it, DC technically already has 3 CMF series :shrug_oh_well:

Maybe, but the first two were movie tie-ins. The new CMF is strictly DC Superheroes, and I was wondering if that was treated differently by Lego from a licensing perspective. Like THELEGOBATMAN says, it's only a matter of time until we get a Marvel CMF, I was just wondering if the solo DC CMF was a hint that a Marvel CMF would be sooner rather than later, per the sharing of the Lego Superheroes brand.

26 minutes ago, Felkin said:

Maybe, but the first two were movie tie-ins. The new CMF is strictly DC Superheroes, and I was wondering if that was treated differently by Lego from a licensing perspective. Like THELEGOBATMAN says, it's only a matter of time until we get a Marvel CMF, I was just wondering if the solo DC CMF was a hint that a Marvel CMF would be sooner rather than later, per the sharing of the Lego Superheroes brand.

Like I said, it's unlikely. Besides sharing the Super Heroes name and both often having underdetailed figures there's not much the 2 have in common