Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Even on a regular Tony Stark figure, I'm still surprised they're using the head with the HUB, considering the new helmets don't have the flip up feature, nor does it make sense on a civilian Tony Stark. And between War Machine, Umbridge and Slughorn, we've seen LEGO reuse exclusive faces from exclusive packs, why not reuse that face for Tony?

Does anyone know if the Lego livechat is working as I have been trying to use it for a few days but it keeps saying it's unavailable

Edited by JediJosh

50 minutes ago, JediJosh said:

Does anyone know if the Lego livechat is working as I have been trying to use it for a few days but it keeps saying it's unavailable

Not really sure why you're asking that question in this thread but LEGO has probably closed the chat for safety reasons just like they've done with Bricks and Pieces in many countries. It would be fairly hard to keep that up and running while also putting enough space in between workplaces.

23 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Only in the US, for the rest of the world it's august

Ah, august, thanks! 
Odd that we haven't seen additional detailed pictures of those sets, then, if they are being released already. Even though that's only in the U.S.
Hopefully Brickset will have a nice review up soon :sweet: 

Regards,
Mitch

I'm not finding anything with a search, and there don't seem to be any other relevant threads concerning this at the moment... As I put together my Hall of Armor, I'm just curious if there's any consensus on which suit the 2020 non-MCU sets' minifigure is supposed to represent? Or is it just a somewhat generic suit? I'm considering using it as Mk X, as that seems to be the closest I can find, but it's not perfect. And I might swap the helmet out for an extra of the two-piece MCU helmet, unless I find there's a good suit that has a different-enough looking helmet for it.

I am excited to hear about the Hall of Armor expansion, though! Bit cheaper way to add just a few suit bays. Mk 2 is nice and all, but I was honestly content to just use a Cyberman body with the original War Machine helmet :grin:

21 minutes ago, SpiderMana said:

I'm not finding anything with a search, and there don't seem to be any other relevant threads concerning this at the moment... As I put together my Hall of Armor, I'm just curious if there's any consensus on which suit the 2020 non-MCU sets' minifigure is supposed to represent? Or is it just a somewhat generic suit? I'm considering using it as Mk X, as that seems to be the closest I can find, but it's not perfect. And I might swap the helmet out for an extra of the two-piece MCU helmet, unless I find there's a good suit that has a different-enough looking helmet for it

The main suit used in most of the sets is the main suit from the upcoming Marvel's Avengers game by Square Enix (see picture below). Blazer and Tazer from the tower set are Hotrod and Blue Steel, Prototype from the Hall Extension is the Mark 2. Hope this helps :wink:

Square Enix pushes Marvel's Avengers back to September

15 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

The main suit used in most of the sets is the main suit from the upcoming Marvel's Avengers game by Square Enix (see picture below). Blazer and Tazer from the tower set are Hotrod and Blue Steel, Prototype from the Hall Extension is the Mark 2. Hope this helps :wink:

Aaah I think I saw somebody refer to it as Enix, I just didn't realize that's what was meant. Makes sense! Blue Steel was an easy guess based on the color and shoulder shaping, and I sortof figured the one blasting fire was Hotrod, yeah :iamded_lol: Thanks, though!

49 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

seeing this image makes me think they really did nail the game design.

2 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

seeing this image makes me think they really did nail the game design.

They did. And they're showing it off literally everywhere this year :laugh_hard:

I just built new Helicarrier, and I have to admit it's a lot better than I expected! Enough space for 3 minifigs in the front observation desk, back cell can be modified to fit more minifigs, and new Modok is awesome! Didn't expect it to be that good of a set from the pictures.

13 hours ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Even on a regular Tony Stark figure, I'm still surprised they're using the head with the HUB, considering the new helmets don't have the flip up feature, nor does it make sense on a civilian Tony Stark. And between War Machine, Umbridge and Slughorn, we've seen LEGO reuse exclusive faces from exclusive packs, why not reuse that face for Tony?

I actually like they are using this HUD head, because the old armors have flip-up helmets with regular heads, so now we can swap the heads between them.

8 hours ago, benderisgreat said:

I just built new Helicarrier, and I have to admit it's a lot better than I expected! Enough space for 3 minifigs in the front observation desk, back cell can be modified to fit more minifigs, and new Modok is awesome! Didn't expect it to be that good of a set from the pictures.

Same I was impressed

Did anybody manage to get a release date in US/Canada for the sets already availliable in Europe??     still nothing here...   :cry_sad:

Edited by Mat099

The new mohawk piece is included as an extra piece, if you care about that sort of thing :laugh: I wonder if it works on pieces other than the intended helmet, but can’t currently think of any

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

The new mohawk piece is included as an extra piece, if you care about that sort of thing :laugh: I wonder if it works on pieces other than the intended helmet, but can’t currently think of any

it's the infinity stone type pin-hole connection, right? You could probably use it on knight helmets and hair that has the accesory hole.

The room next to the prision with red skull, looks like the Power Stone Holder on the first Guardians Movie doesn´t it?

Great interior, this is definetely the best Marvel 2020 set so far. I especially adore the Cap vs RS videogame :laugh_hard: 

I do think Red Skull is a little plain, surely it wouldn't have been that hard to design the torso around the Hux/Snape legs? I'll probably just put that legpiece on myself 

I also love the little Hawkeye references, his bow is in the armory and in the ''game room'' there's a sticker of his phonecall being on hold (in true Tony Stark fashion :wink:)

2 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Great interior, this is definetely the best Marvel 2020 set so far. I especially adore the Cap vs RS videogame :laugh_hard: 

I do think Red Skull is a little plain, surely it wouldn't have been that hard to design the torso around the Hux/Snape legs? I'll probably just put that legpiece on myself 

The video game is one of my favorite parts of this set now :laugh_hard: especially since they gave Tony the controller piece too! I love that it seems like you can switch from that to JJJ on the news haha. I'm very surprised this folds out, I don't know why but I was sure it wouldn't this time based on the other pictures we've seen. My only real complaint with this set is how bare the top is. They really filled out the inside, so it feels really weird that the top is just so empty.

I love that set. I even consider getting it, it's just so good. Minfigures are kind of whatever but that build, so many cool details.

35 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I also love the little Hawkeye references, his bow is in the armory and in the ''game room'' there's a sticker of his phonecall being on hold (in true Tony Stark fashion :wink:)

Yeah, the interior is great and the video game room is hilarious. I think it's especially funny that iron man is playing as captain america.

I agree that this is 100% the best marvel set this year.