Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

31 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

It's a knockoff but I think the way they made the gauntlets here is probably as good as it'll get without a new mold:

That is a good solution, thanks!

Has anybody seen or figured out what the extra "Plate, Modified 1 x 2 with Door Rail" with the helicarrier are for yet! its driving me mad!
Ordered mine yesterday! hopefully will arrive on Monday!

Edited by Ghostcat

5 minutes ago, Ghostcat said:

Has anybody seen or figured out what the extra "Plate, Modified 1 x 2 with Door Rail" with the helicarrier are for yet! its driving me mad!

It's not confirmed yet but as the Helicarrier has wheels it's possible they include those pieces for people who want it to stay in a certain spot

9 minutes ago, Ghostcat said:

Its been said that the helicarrier has wheels, so these pieces are meant to stabilize the ship for display purpose.

Guess I was ninja'd.

Edited by PRbrickbuilder

3 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

It's not confirmed yet but as the Helicarrier has wheels it's possible they include those pieces for people who want it to stay in a certain spot

Yeah Ive seen people say such but from the blueprints the amount of wheels to rails doesnt make sense.(Unless some of the "wheels" end up as boat tiles. I mainly cant see Lego using such a brightly coloured piece as reliable breaks.

They have a pretty cool gearbox to allow the rotors to tilt and be able to spin so who knows how they went for using the wheels as actuators. It just seems like its a garish way to do so when Lego has done much simpler was to stop functions (like the MK48 buster) 

Edited by Ghostcat

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

We got 2 Milano's for Vol 1 and Vol 2 respectively. Infinity War's Benatar, while yet another M-class Starship, is a completely seperate thing as the Milano was destroyed in Vol 2 

Yeah I know that.

What I meant is that 2017 Milano wasn't big, but 2014 Milano and 2018 Benatar were actually pretty big.

3 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

We got 2 Milano's for Vol 1 and Vol 2 respectively. Infinity War's Benatar, while yet another M-class Starship, is a completely seperate thing as the Milano was destroyed in Vol 2 

The Milano wasnt 100% destroyed. Directors commentary explained the Entire Milano is stored in the SprayGun that rocket was using to "repair" it. Its basically a 3D printer and the most expensive thing Rocket owns!

On 5/27/2020 at 10:22 PM, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I would really love to get sets like "MCU Legacy" or "The Infinity Saga", which would be sets based on previous MCU movies. I think they would sell really well. Eh maybe one day...

Iron Man 2; Formula 1 car that splits down the middle with Technic pins, am I right?

Anyone know the footprint of the new tower? Specifically I’m wondering if (with a back corner support) it would fit nicely on top of the Sanctum set opened in its L-formation, for a quick and dirty ‘rising out of New York skyline’ effect?

Edited by ReversibleSedgewick

1 hour ago, ReversibleSedgewick said:

Iron Man 2; Formula 1 car that splits down the middle with Technic pins, am I right?

Anyone know the footprint of the new tower? Specifically I’m wondering if (with a back corner support) it would fit nicely on top of the Sanctum set opened in its L-formation, for a quick and dirty ‘rising out of New York skyline’ effect?

Looks to be about 13 by 10 studs give or take.

4 hours ago, Ghostcat said:

The Milano wasnt 100% destroyed. Directors commentary explained the Entire Milano is stored in the SprayGun that rocket was using to "repair" it. Its basically a 3D printer and the most expensive thing Rocket owns!

Pretty sure we'll get an upgraded one with gotg vol.3, hopefully it's big like the first Milano and Benatar.

Looking at the prices for the Eternals sets, I think the smallest of the four may end up being another small mech set like the Iron Man/Thanos/Spider-Man ones from earlier this year. The 10€ price point fits that type of set more than the smallest sets from the Age of Ultron and Infinity War waves. Seems like an odd choice but we know very little about the movie so maybe Lego has their reasons. Perhaps some sort of Celestial mech?

1 hour ago, Wonkyeye1 said:

Looking at the prices for the Eternals sets, I think the smallest of the four may end up being another small mech set like the Iron Man/Thanos/Spider-Man ones from earlier this year. The 10€ price point fits that type of set more than the smallest sets from the Age of Ultron and Infinity War waves. Seems like an odd choice but we know very little about the movie so maybe Lego has their reasons. Perhaps some sort of Celestial mech?

I don't think it's likely at all that the $10 set is a mech. The Celestials are way too big to be $10 mechs. Unless the eternals use some battle armor in the film, I think it might be some random small location or Black Knight with a horse or something

5 minutes ago, HarryVader said:

I don't think it's likely at all that the $10 set is a mech. The Celestials are way too big to be $10 mechs. Unless the eternals use some battle armor in the film, I think it might be some random small location or Black Knight with a horse or something

Oh I agree the Celestials are WAY too big for that price point, I actually think it's likely the biggest set of the wave could be a massive Celestial build that's similar in size to the large mechs from the Monkie Kid theme. I'm just saying that the mechs and might micros are the only Marvel sets to ever have that $10 price point from what I can tell, so I think it's likely the Eternals set is something similar. Maybe a REALLY scaled down build of the Celestial from the biggest set with a minifig version of him?

And as much as I love your idea for a small Black Knight set, he seems like the perfect figure for Lego to put exclusively in the biggest set of the wave. 

2 hours ago, Wonkyeye1 said:

Lego doesn't do sets like this for MCU movies. We won't get a $10 gimmick set for an MCU movie, we've never gotten those. Just regular sets.

19 minutes ago, Wonkyeye1 said:

Oh I agree the Celestials are WAY too big for that price point, I actually think it's likely the biggest set of the wave could be a massive Celestial build that's similar in size to the large mechs from the Monkie Kid theme.

According to the concept arts, there are soooooo many Celestials with different sizes, styles and colors from this movie. Honestly, I would not complain at all (and would be extremely happy) if all they give us in this wave are different Celestial builds. They have some of the coolest mech designs I've seen in a long time. Come on Lego, now is actually the right time to cash in hard on the mechs!

Edited by HarryVader

10 minutes ago, HarryVader said:

According to the concept arts, there are soooooo many Celestials with different sizes, styles and colors from this movie. Honestly, I would not complain at all (and would be extremely happy) if all they give us in this wave are different Celestial builds. They have some of the coolest mech designs I've seen in a long time. Come on Lego, now is actually the right time to cash in hard on the mechs!

I know one of the Celestials is confirmed to be getting a Funko Pop, so Marvel is definitely pushing them through merchandise. A huge $100 Celestial would be absolutely amazing and open the door for a good Galactus down the line. :wub_drool:

1 hour ago, HarryVader said:

Come on Lego, now is actually the right time to cash in hard on the mechs!

Just the fact it's a good idea makes me think LEGO will do the opposite :laugh_hard:

I wish we got a trailer to get some idea on how the movie will play out. I think we might get it around June or July. If we get a Celestial in the sets I really hope it's Arishem. I still think the City of Gods might get some appearence in the sets, I already predict the 10$ set will probably be one Eternals, a small build and a Deviant, or two. Or it's a 4+ set. 

23 hours ago, Ghostcat said:

Where did you order your helicarrier from? I haven’t seen it listed for sale anywhere as of yet. 

3 hours ago, Wonkyeye1 said:

Oh I agree the Celestials are WAY too big for that price point, I actually think it's likely the biggest set of the wave could be a massive Celestial build that's similar in size to the large mechs from the Monkie Kid theme. I'm just saying that the mechs and might micros are the only Marvel sets to ever have that $10 price point from what I can tell, so I think it's likely the Eternals set is something similar. Maybe a REALLY scaled down build of the Celestial from the biggest set with a minifig version of him?

And as much as I love your idea for a small Black Knight set, he seems like the perfect figure for Lego to put exclusively in the biggest set of the wave. 

Sets like Iron Man Vs Ultron Drones or Captain America Vs Outriders were $10. On that basis, we could expect a small vehicle or place, one or two Eternals, and a couple of Deviants

As for Black Knight, I expect he'll be in 2 sets, one as Dane Whitman, the other as Black Knight, but I agree with you that BK would likely be in the biggest set

Just now, HarmfulEmpire said:

Where did you order your helicarrier from? I haven’t seen it listed for sale anywhere as of yet. 

It's on the LEGO shop website, in the UK it says 'coming June 1st'

I hope we get all the Eternals in the sets but this might limit the number of Deviants we get because there are a lot of them. 

1 minute ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Sets like Iron Man Vs Ultron Drones or Captain America Vs Outriders were $10. On that basis, we could expect a small vehicle or place, one or two Eternals, and a couple of Deviants

As for Black Knight, I expect he'll be in 2 sets, one as Dane Whitman, the other as Black Knight, but I agree with you that BK would likely be in the biggest set

I think we will get only him dressed as Black Knight(if he wears the suit). 

But anyone know when the V-Rex is supposed to release? It's not listed on the UK LEGO shop

35 minutes ago, HarmfulEmpire said:

Its out in some places in the UK. it should arrive tommorow or monday!  (Mine was from Asda)

Edited by Ghostcat

2 hours ago, Quicksilver838 said:

I'd be really suprised if that set came with more than 2 figures