Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

I think October and February is not that big of a gap for them to delay those sets, it's just 4 months.

For example Ragnarok sets released in June, but the movie didn't come out until November (5 months), and also the Aquaman set came out in August, while the movie came out in December (4 months).

I think this date has a really high chance of staying there.

7 hours ago, upliftingbricks said:

It has to 5th November 2021 pushing Dr Strange back to March 2022. The next few years will likely have few comic sets or more sets in general

*snap*

Don't forget that there's still an untitled MCU movie slated for October 7th 2022

Edited by THELEGOBATMAN

5 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

It wouldn’t surprise me if LEGO didn’t delay the eternals sets and kept them as a October release 

I agree, I think because these sets get designed so early and they have to factor travel time and costs (especially now) that I think they will rather just get set out there and not worry with it being available a month before the film comes out. 

I think Lego has a schedule it needs to adhere to. Look at what happened with the Spider-Man Homecoming sets and the logo on that. When Lego got that logo the studios changed it one month later and Lego sticked to their deadline and didn't change it.

I guess I'm just wishful thinking here. This year only two sets (black widow and the tower) interest me so I would rather have the Eternal sets sooner than later. SIGH...

Edited by BusterNut31
grammar

26 minutes ago, BusterNut31 said:

I guess I'm just wishful thinking here. This year only two sets (black widow and the tower) interest me so I would rather have the Eternal sets sooner than later. SIGH...

Same here, really excited for the Eternals sets though. Even though he'll probably appear in the most expensive sets I really hope Kit Harrington's Black Knight and Richard Madden's Ikaris come in the cheaper sets

5 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

It wouldn’t surprise me if LEGO didn’t delay the eternals sets and kept them as a October release 

I agree especially because LEGO doesn't have anything to replace them with. They can't throw something else together in that amount of time and delaying the whole wave would be a huge loss in revenue, not to mention throw off their release schedule for next year. The only way I see them delaying the Eternals sets is if Disney forces them to(assuming they have the power to do that).

Stonewars released an article regarding product availability etc of LEGO sets and LEGO confirmed the pandemic will not affect any of their planned releasedates. Wether or not a movie delay might change things up is unknown but this would suggest an october release for Eternals

1 hour ago, ToaDraco said:

I agree especially because LEGO doesn't have anything to replace them with. They can't throw something else together in that amount of time and delaying the whole wave would be a huge loss in revenue, not to mention throw off their release schedule for next year. The only way I see them delaying the Eternals sets is if Disney forces them to(assuming they have the power to do that).

How do we know they don't have anything to replace them with? Even before the pandemic, release dates for movies would get shuffled around on a semi-regular basis, so it seems pretty likely that LEGO would be accustomed enough to this to have contingency plans in place. For all we know, they might have dozens of comic-based set designs tucked away just in case they need to fill a gap. (Obviously production and shipping times need to be factored in, but if the actual design process is complete and just waiting for the green light, four or five months might be plenty of time to get products into stores.)

Personally, I think the likeliest scenario would be akin to what we've already seen with the Minions sets - maybe one or two Eternals sets could be released as originally scheduled, with the rest held back until a little closer to the film's actual release.

And yes, Disney absolutely would have a say in this - maybe not force a delay, but certainly strongly suggest one, possibly involving hired goons.

Do we have any prices for the Eternals sets? I know we have like 4 sets. I would love if they would make a Celestial though I doubt it because of its size and probably not so big role in the film. 

7 minutes ago, Harkonen said:

Do we have any prices for the Eternals sets? I know we have like 4 sets. I would love if they would make a Celestial though I doubt it because of its size and probably not so big role in the film. 

The prices are 10, 20, 60 and 100 euros, so a Celestial (mech or Giant-man style) is a possibility in the biggest sets.

9 minutes ago, PRbrickbuilder said:

The prices are 10, 20, 60 and 100 euros, so a Celestial (mech or Giant-man style) is a possibility in the biggest sets.

That would be nice but the city of the space Gods might be a set too. I think an incan temple would be something fresh. 

15 minutes ago, PRbrickbuilder said:

Celestials are pretty much a guarantee, I think they'll most likely be mechs. If they can make a big mech like the Monkey Kid Golden Mech, I'm totally in.

Edited by HarryVader

7 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Stonewars released an article regarding product availability etc of LEGO sets and LEGO confirmed the pandemic will not affect any of their planned releasedates. Wether or not a movie delay might change things up is unknown but this would suggest an october release for Eternals

I think you’re right and the eternals sets won’t be delayed, but I still find it weird that they say the pandemic won’t change their release schedule when it already did with that minions movie.

3 hours ago, HarryVader said:

Celestials are pretty much a guarantee, I think they'll most likely be mechs. If they can make a big mech like the Monkey Kid Golden Mech, I'm totally in.

Yes, it’s legos time to give us a mech that actually makes sense, instead of spider man mechs and thanos mechs.

By now they could have made a crimson dynamo mech instead of these hulkbusters. We need some variety.

Does anyone think we will receive more game-based sets in the winter or next year?

2 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I think you’re right and the eternals sets won’t be delayed, but I still find it weird that they say the pandemic won’t change their release schedule when it already did with that minions movie.

The Minions delay wasn't really LEGO's fault. They couldn't release the entire wave for a movie that's been delayed for a year, a couple of months for Eternals/Black Widow/WW84 doesn't matter much

2 hours ago, Leggomyleggo said:

Does anyone think we will receive more game-based sets in the winter or next year?

Most likely not. The game comes out at September if I’m not mistaken, and it’ll most likely not be as much of a hit as Spider-Man PS4. LEGO’s probably gonna stick to comic Avengers with new variants next year.

I would really love to get sets like "MCU Legacy" or "The Infinity Saga", which would be sets based on previous MCU movies. I think they would sell really well. Eh maybe one day...

4 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I would really love to get sets like "MCU Legacy" or "The Infinity Saga", which would be sets based on previous MCU movies. I think they would sell really well. Eh maybe one day...

They’re kind of doing it with this wave of sets, but we need legit MCU recap sets

5 hours ago, HarryVader said:

Most likely not. The game comes out at September if I’m not mistaken, and it’ll most likely not be as much of a hit as Spider-Man PS4. LEGO’s probably gonna stick to comic Avengers with new variants next year.

*puts on tinfoil hat* Time to peddle my “we’ve never had a comic based General-release avengers set“ conspiracy! :laugh: I don’t know what’s happening with those animated shows they made sets on, but I could see them using their very loose game-inspired thing for a bit if there aren’t any upcoming shows.

5 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

The Minions delay wasn't really LEGO's fault. They couldn't release the entire wave for a movie that's been delayed for a year, a couple of months for Eternals/Black Widow/WW84 doesn't matter much

I understand the logic and agree with you and LEGO here, I just meant that despite what they said they had delayed stuff before. Although I guess that was less so “due to the pandemic” and more so because minions completely overreacted in terms of how far they delayed the film.

8 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Agreed, especially for the movies they didn't make sets for.

6 hours ago, HarryVader said:

They’re kind of doing it with this wave of sets, but we need legit MCU recap sets

Well not really. There are only like two MCU inspired Iron Man armours, two MCU inspired villains and some random easter eggs in Avengers Tower.

Knowing LEGO likes to reuse molds, do you think it is possible (if Striker is in the Armory set) that the Shuri gauntlet pieces in yellow are used for the suit gauntlets? Or do view another possible piece?

Edited by PRbrickbuilder

44 minutes ago, PRbrickbuilder said:

Knowing LEGO likes to reuse molds, do you think it is possible (if Striker is in the Armory set) that the Shuri gauntlet pieces in yellow are used for the suit gauntlets? Or do view another possible piece?

It's a knockoff but I think the way they made the gauntlets here is probably as good as it'll get without a new mold:

Lego Custom Iron Man MK 25 (Striker) Avengers Minifigure- Marvel ...

2 hours ago, Naixin said:

I hope they make a large milano

They already did tho, two times. The first one (2014) is really big, and the second one (although it's now called Benatar) is also really big.

If you mean an UCS set, I doubt it will happen. We will probably get another Milano when GoTG3 comes out.

Just now, THELEGOBATMAN said:

They already did tho, two times. The first one (2014) is really big, and the second one (although it's now called Benatar) is also really big.

If you mean an UCS set, I doubt it will happen. We will probably get another Milano when GoTG3 comes out.

We got 2 Milano's for Vol 1 and Vol 2 respectively. Infinity War's Benatar, while yet another M-class Starship, is a completely seperate thing as the Milano was destroyed in Vol 2