Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

55 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Ironman 2 was Mark 1 yes, but we didn't get an official minifig of that. Technically Mark 2 and Iron Patriot V1 is the same just repainted.

In AoU he is still using Mark 2. Story and merchandise wise, we didn't see any glimpse of Mark 5.

And yeah, probably Iron Patriot V2 can be considered as Mark 7.

ah okay thank you for clarifying

On 5/21/2020 at 11:37 AM, Mandalorianknight said:

I was just wanting to get the MCU rescue without getting that stupid helicopter

I got that set for the chitauri, their vehicles, Hulk with the Nano gauntlet, and rescue. Pretty much everything else except the helicopter. The Hulk with his quantum realm suit, rescue, and the nano gauntlet are still exclusives to the set, so I am kind of happy that I didn't waste my 60 dollars on stuff that I've could've gotten if I waited 7 more months. I'm sorry I'm being selfish.

On 5/21/2020 at 10:03 AM, HarryVader said:

Oh yes PLEASE

On 5/21/2020 at 10:09 AM, HarryVader said:

Falcon Fan’s Instagram story posts a line from Yahoo that says these sets will be based on scenes from the films with “twists”, but all I want is a Ultron remake and a better Thanos

I'm pissed that there isn't any bald Thanos. If there was a bald Thanos is any set below $137 dollars, I'd happily buy it. (UCS Thanoscopter) 

5 hours ago, HRC said:

I'm pissed that there isn't any bald Thanos. If there was a bald Thanos is any set below $137 dollars, I'd happily buy it. (UCS Thanoscopter) 

If LEGO wanted to invest in a bald Thanos bigfig they would've done so for Infinity War and Endgame, I highly doubt we'll get it now

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

If LEGO wanted to invest in a bald Thanos bigfig they would've done so for Infinity War and Endgame, I highly doubt we'll get it now

Exactly. They‘ve gone back to previous MCU films before (UCS Hulkbuster, Iron Man helmet, last year‘s Hall of Armors), but only sporadically and without investing into new moulds. I‘d love to see a bald Thanos bigfig, but I feel that train has departed long ago :shrug_confused:

11 hours ago, HRC said:

Yeah, it is annoying we never got him, but I doubt we ever will. 
Why $137 specifically though? LEGO marvel I think has only had 3 sets over $130, so you should probably be fine there if they ever did make a bald thanos set.

2 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Why $137 specifically though?

Because $138 is a rip off

On 5/21/2020 at 4:50 PM, Fenghuang0296 said:

Okay, so this thread blew up by five pages

Haha. I'm still reading the previous pages because I check out for 2 days and there are ten pages.

7 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Why $137 specifically though?

Because I (try to) limit myself to spending 150 and I already bought the mech which was 12.99 at target.

Edited by HRC
added try to

On 5/21/2020 at 10:29 PM, Fenghuang0296 said:

I was looking at that new Hulkbuster’s head again and thinking, “If anyone ever wanted to make a MOC where Hulk or Thanos or someone had ripped off the Hulkbuster’s head, flattened it and used it as a shield, this is perfect.”

Nightmare fuel.

On 5/21/2020 at 11:49 AM, Marvelous Spidey said:

I am starting to really regret getting the Iron Man Mech set from the start of the year ?

Same. I wish I thought ahead to what Lego would do.

Edited by HRC

2 minutes ago, HRC said:

Nightmare fuel.

Same. I wish I thought ahead to what Lego would do.

I think it would actually make a pretty cool design. 

I did, and I get to feel smart. :tongue:

7 hours ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Because $138 is a rip off

Hahaha

2 hours ago, HRC said:

Haha. I'm still reading the previous pages because I check out for 2 days and there are ten pages.

Because I (try to) limit myself to spending 150 and I already bought the mech which was 12.99 at target.

Makes sense. I’m holding off from the tower bc I’ve got a limited budget too and I’ll be buying the entire stock of 501st battle packs from the Star Wars line. (I’m only half joking about that)

Y'know, everyone seems to be mocking the head on the new Hulkbuster but I think it looks perfectly appropriate for the classic comic book version of the Hulkbuster. Sure it's a bit shallow but the previously used dome piece is too steep. Ideally it should be something in between but that would require a new mold. I think it's going to be one of those situations where it looks better in person. Also, based on how it appears to be constructed it looks like the shoulder cannon should be easily removable to have proper symmetrical shoulders. Assuming the shoulders are constructed the same, it's really only attached by a single stud.

41 minutes ago, ToaDraco said:

Y'know, everyone seems to be mocking the head on the new Hulkbuster but I think it looks perfectly appropriate for the classic comic book version of the Hulkbuster. Sure it's a bit shallow but the previously used dome piece is too steep. Ideally it should be something in between but that would require a new mold. I think it's going to be one of those situations where it looks better in person. Also, based on how it appears to be constructed it looks like the shoulder cannon should be easily removable to have proper symmetrical shoulders. Assuming the shoulders are constructed the same, it's really only attached by a single stud.

The flat dome is exactly how it looks in the comics, however, the actual dome in the suit is slanted, so it doesn't look like a trashcan with a rotating lid. 

10 hours ago, HRC said:

Is this the "arc reactor": 

Yup

6 hours ago, ToaDraco said:

The piece itself is fairly accurate but the way it's build into the thing is not. It should be at an angle but they just made it look like it's smashed in with a sledgehammer. And the arms are also far too long

11 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Yup

The piece itself is fairly accurate but the way it's build into the thing is not. It should be at an angle but they just made it look like it's smashed in with a sledgehammer. And the arms are also far too long

Exactly. It’s an accurate part to use for a comic based hulk buster, but the build itself is inaccurate so it looks weird

I think it would be hard to make the hulkbuster's head attached to the body at an angle, so I have some sympathy for that. But it does look weird when it's flat. 

I do like how the hulkbuster has a rotating waist though.

With the delays of the MCU films I wonder how Lego will approach set releases. Are the Eternals sets still releasing in october? The film got pushed for february. Next year we have Eternals, Shang Chi, Spiderman and Doctor Strange so I guess we won't get so many comic book sets... I don't get why Lego isn't doing lots of sets like they do with Star Wars, Marvel is the strongest IP now. 

3 minutes ago, Harkonen said:

With the delays of the MCU films I wonder how Lego will approach set releases. Are the Eternals sets still releasing in october? The film got pushed for february. Next year we have Eternals, Shang Chi, Spiderman and Doctor Strange so I guess we won't get so many comic book sets... I don't get why Lego isn't doing lots of sets like they do with Star Wars, Marvel is the strongest IP now. 

No way Eternals will release in October, it's definitely delayed. I like the fact that Marvel isn't as overloaded as Star Wars, I want to purchase all the marvel sets instead of having to decide which ones to buy because they release a hundred sets each year haha.

5 minutes ago, HarryVader said:

No way Eternals will release in October, it's definitely delayed. I like the fact that Marvel isn't as overloaded as Star Wars, I want to purchase all the marvel sets instead of having to decide which ones to buy because they release a hundred sets each year haha.

Well, then I think they will release around december? 

Just now, Harkonen said:

Well, then I think they will release around december? 

I have no inside info, but I think January is more likely

I was looking at the avengers box art and I noticed how the iron man has the MCU style helmet. Why is that? Was there a late-stage change in what the Minifigure would look like? Originally was it planned for the Enix suit to have a MCU helmet?

16 minutes ago, Harkonen said:

Though unlikely I could potentially see the Eternals sets releasing in october as originally planned but as the sets aren't in production yet they have most likely been delayed too. If the sets have been delayed they'll most likely come out in late december or early january.

I agree with the previous comments when it comes to the amount of sets. The number of sets Marvel gets each year is perfectly fine as I can pick up everything I want in addition to the other themes I'm a fan of. The amount of Star Wars sets per year is kinda ridiculous, I don't want that to happen to any other theme.

Also Doctor Strange is coming out in March 2022, not 2021

And Spider-Man: Insert something home-related here will surely be delayed as well. There's no way Sony will self-cannibalise by pitting it against Venom 2 :tongue: At this point, it'd probably be best to pretend that 2020 never happened and just release everything exactly one year after the original release date...

1 hour ago, HRC said:

I was looking at the avengers box art and I noticed how the iron man has the MCU style helmet. Why is that? Was there a late-stage change in what the Minifigure would look like? Originally was it planned for the Enix suit to have a MCU helmet?

I think some of the others are mixes too, I’m not sure why.

1 hour ago, Harkonen said:

I don't get why Lego isn't doing lots of sets like they do with Star Wars, Marvel is the strongest IP now. 

No. Marvel is big right now, but I suspect it will fade now that endgames done. Even without that, Star Wars is...well, Star Wars. The biggest original franchise of all time. Marvel has some really successful movies that I don’t get why we don’t have more sets of, but pumping out the amount of sets they do for Star Wars for comic/game based stuff, or the non team-up films, would not work financially

9 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Marvel has some really successful movies that I don’t get why we don’t have more sets of

This. I'm sick of random Spider-Man trucks and Avengers helicopters

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

And Spider-Man: Insert something home-related here will surely be delayed as well. There's no way Sony will self-cannibalise by pitting it against Venom 2 :tongue: At this point, it'd probably be best to pretend that 2020 never happened and just release everything exactly one year after the original release date...

It has to 5th November 2021 pushing Dr Strange back to March 2022. The next few years will likely have few comic sets or more sets in general

Black Widow (6th November)

Eternals (12th February)

Shang Chi (7th May)

Spiderman Home 3 (5th November)

2022 (Possibly big year for number of sets)

Thor: Love and Thunder (11th February)

Dr Strange Multiverse of Madness (25th March)

Black Panther 2 (6th May)

Captain Marvel 2 (8th July)