Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

6 minutes ago, Icebrick said:

Aren't  the arc reactors on the figures different from the  design of the suit in the movie?

They are ''inspired by'', not ''based on'' so there are going to be some differences

4 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

They are ''inspired by'', not ''based on'' so there are going to be some differences

Cool.  

They  are fantastic figures.

7 minutes ago, SuperGrover said:

When do you think we’ll get interior pictures of the tower?

Any day now, the sets will release next week in the US so even if we don't get more pics we'll get reviews

4 hours ago, benderisgreat said:

I think LEGO just gave those suits “catchy” names to appeal to kids more. I mean Mk 30 & Hotrod don’t appeal as much as Tazer and Blazer right?

Idk, Blue Steel and Hot Rod sound like they'd be "cooler" to kids than tazer and blazer. I don't really care too much, after all it's just the names on the box (and pretty hilarious names at that), but I'm not sure why they did it.

9 minutes ago, Icebrick said:

Does the new Avengers tower really have only 456 pieces?

That's the piececount for the Hulkbuster set

6 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

That's the piececount for the Hulkbuster set

Ah okay. It's weird because Brickset list the same count for the tower.   Do we know what the actual piece count  is then?

3 minutes ago, Icebrick said:

Ah okay. It's weird because Brickset list the same count for the tower.   Do we know what the actual piece count  is then?

I don't see it listed anywhere and I'm pretty sure the leaks didn't mention a piececount either so we'll have to wait and see 

EDIT: according to Stonewars it's 685 pieces

Edited by Guyon2002

16 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I don't see it listed anywhere and I'm pretty sure the leaks didn't mention a piececount either so we'll have to wait and see 

That can’t be true. 685 pieces is such a ripoff for a $90 set without a big fig.

23 minutes ago, SuperGrover said:

That can’t be true. 685 pieces is such a ripoff for a $90 set without a big fig.

I don't think you fully understand how LEGO pricing works. This set comes with 7 figures, 3 of which are exclusive and have a fair amount of new prints. On top of that the tower itself uses 6 windows and windowframes and 10 big window pieces, those are fairly expensive. Add all that to one another and the fact this is a licensed set and it's a pretty decent deal

35 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I don't think you fully understand how LEGO pricing works. This set comes with 7 figures, 3 of which are exclusive and have a fair amount of new prints. On top of that the tower itself uses 6 windows and windowframes and 10 big window pieces, those are fairly expensive. Add all that to one another and the fact this is a licensed set and it's a pretty decent deal

Oh ok 

6 minutes ago, Harkonen said:

Do we have any prices for the Avengers sets? 

4+ tower: $60

helmet: $60

hulkbuster: $40

tower: $90

helicarrier: $120

3 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

$90 for 645 pieces is a much better deal.  Especially with the bigger pieces and new prints as you said.  I looked on several  different sites and didn't even think about checking stonewars so thank you.

20 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

4+ tower: $60

helmet: $60

hulkbuster: $40

tower: $90

helicarrier: $120

Thank you! 

I plan on getting both Avengers Towers and using the parts from the 4+ set in a custom to augment the big one. Hopefully the ‘Armoury’ works to that end as well. 

A seven-floor Avengers Tower . . it’s going to be the second-tallest thing in my city. And $90 USD? That’ll probably translate to $120-ish AUD, and when I can get that at 20% off that’ll be a great price. Can’t wait!

21 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

It's not 100% the same but the new Red Skull is definetely the MCU version

Screenshot_99.png Johann Schmidt | Marvel Movies | Fandom

It wouldn't bother me that much if we never end up getting MK6 but I really want a figure of MK 7 / Iron Patriot II

I love it when people add shots of the characters next to the lego figs! yeah I looked at his torso design as well and its defo the MCU version.

Looking at these new sets I was wondering if there is one designer in the LEGO marvel department that wants to make MCU sets but they are contractually obligated to make sets for the new Marvel Avengers Game. So they meet in the middle to add MCU figs in the sets like Tazer and Blazer even though they look like suits  from Iron Man 3 (although the arch reactors on their chests are different).

Edited by BusterNut31
missing captions

1 hour ago, BusterNut31 said:

I love it when people add shots of the characters next to the lego figs! yeah I looked at his torso design as well and its defo the MCU version.

Looking at these new sets I was wondering if there is one designer in the LEGO marvel department that wants to make MCU sets but they are contractually obligated to make sets for the new Marvel Avengers Game. So they meet in the middle to add MCU figs in the sets like Tazer and Blazer even though they look like suits  from Iron Man 3 (although the arch reactors on their chests are different).

I feel like this is almost certainly the case: Marvel wants to really push this game, it seems, and it’s definitely not entirely up to LEGO what types of stuff they can include. Now, designers have made a case to Disney in the past to specifically go against the original plan (For Rogue One, Disney/Star Wars wanted them to make the cargo shuttle the big set, but LEGO convinced them Krennic’s shuttle would make a cooler looking toy). I’m guessing convincing them to be allowed to make sets off of old movies is much harder to do so, though. Probably the same reason why the Jurassic theme is so focused on Jurassic World characters, despite being comprised of basically unique stuff in this “off season.”

5 hours ago, legozebra said:

Probably the same reason why the Jurassic theme is so focused on Jurassic World characters, despite being comprised of basically unique stuff in this “off season.”

That's definetely true. Universal seems to avoid doing anything for the Park movies if they can 

34 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

That's definetely true. Universal seems to avoid doing anything for the Park movies if they can 

Well we got 2 sets for OG Jurassic Park. Maybe they just think sets from other 2 wouldn't sell, or simply that Jurassic World sets sell much better? I dunno, but it would be nice to get more sets based on those movies.

3 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Well we got 2 sets for OG Jurassic Park. Maybe they just think sets from other 2 wouldn't sell, or simply that Jurassic World sets sell much better? I dunno, but it would be nice to get more sets based on those movies.

A ton of LEGO Jurassic fans are dying for sets based on the JP Trilogy. Especially TLW is perfect for LEGO, tons of fan favorite dinosaurs and a large variety of vehicles. Not making use of the potential here is just dumb, one of the reasons I dislike Universal. 

But we should go back to topic :wink:

On 5/22/2020 at 5:43 AM, SpiderJazz said:

Iron Man 3 = War Machine MK2

Civil War = War Machine MK3

Infinity War (Bricktober) = WM MK4

MK 5 didn't exist officially, Endgame did have the MK6 but there was no official minifigure, what we go is a new helmet with QR suit.

I always thought it was

Ironman 2= MK1

Ironman 3= MK2 (Iron Patriot)

Avengers: Age of Ultron= MK3

Civil War= MK4

Infinity War= MK5

Endgame= MK6

Endgame= MK7 (Iron Patriot II)

39 minutes ago, mgetz said:

I always thought it was

Ironman 2= MK1

Ironman 3= MK2 (Iron Patriot)

Avengers: Age of Ultron= MK3

Civil War= MK4

Infinity War= MK5

Endgame= MK6

Endgame= MK7 (Iron Patriot II)

Ironman 2 was Mark 1 yes, but we didn't get an official minifig of that. Technically Mark 2 and Iron Patriot V1 is the same just repainted.

In AoU he is still using Mark 2. Story and merchandise wise, we didn't see any glimpse of Mark 5.

And yeah, probably Iron Patriot V2 can be considered as Mark 7.