Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

I continue to like the AIM backpacks more than I should. Tower will look nice next to my Sanctum Sanctorum. Good builds, good set.

Hulkbuster's kinda funny lookin'. (Lego Steve Buscemi when?)

$60 for that Iron Man helmet bust is insane. The build looks like someone's mediocre MOC, not something actually created and released by Lego.

They teased us with a Red Snapper illustration in the other hall of armour, hopefully they follow through and include it in this one, especially since it's probably going to be their last chance to.

Really liking these new sets.

- Non-MCU inspired Hulkbuster with the flat head is great, along with a more "classic" Rescue.

- Avengers Tower looks like a huge upgrade from the underwhelming 2015 version based on Age of Ultron. The minifigure selection is alright.

- Loving the Iron Man helmet, and the fact that the Helmets line seems to be expanding beyond just Star Wars. Interesting that the box uses the "IRON MAN" logo from the 2008 film, yet the display plaque uses a different Avengers logo.

42 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

I’ll chime in here to help with peoples expectations of the expansion. What I realistically see happening 

4 minifigures (2 new suits: one wanted armor and one interesting choice, 2 others frankly I think will probably be something like a version of stark and a aim agent) 

2-3 display stands for the armors and then the build for the hot rod

i would be shocked if they included iron monger in this set 

Sounds great, 2 new suits is all I really want from this one.

We already have blazer and tazer (I still can't get over those names, can the enix suit be "lazer" :laugh:) and a new rescue, so this is shaping up to be the best wave in awhile in terms of how many new iron men. Ironic, considering we've had the same variant in almost every set.

I much prefer the more detailed Iron Man helmet with the flip-up visor to the single piece job (although they did get use out of that mold for the Tron set IIRC where it actually works)

12 minutes ago, jonwil said:

I much prefer the more detailed Iron Man helmet with the flip-up visor to the single piece job (although they did get use out of that mold for the Tron set IIRC where it actually works)

Me too, but I think the new helmet looks better on Rescue, Blue Steel and Hot Rod

Okay, so this thread blew up by five pages and I honestly can’t be bothered reading back through all of it. 

So we’re sure that the suits in the Tower (which is totally gorgeous and a must-buy for me) are the Mark 22 Hotrod and Mark 30 Blue Steel, right? Also, seeing that the Rescue in the ugliest Hulkbuster is a weird new variant and not the same as Endgame Rescue makes me feel better about buying that crap-tastic Hulk Helicopter set in January. I’m passing on the Hulkbuster, as it happens my existing Hall of Armour has exactly two spaces open for extra Iron Man suits so Avengers Tower is just about perfect.

Also, what’s this about an ‘armoury’ set in August? I thought this was all of the sets for this year? Is it confirmed that there’ll be some kind of Hall of Armour 2? Because considering the first one was just last year and Avengers Tower basically includes a Hall, I find that unlikely . . 

7 minutes ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

Also, what’s this about an ‘armoury’ set in August? I thought this was all of the sets for this year? Is it confirmed that there’ll be some kind of Hall of Armour 2? Because considering the first one was just last year and Avengers Tower basically includes a Hall, I find that unlikely . . 

Reliable leakers have said there'll be a $30, 4 figure set that's a mini hall of armor add-on

Just wanted to confirm, we only have the Black Widow/Taskmaster set as the only official MCU set so far this year, right? All of these upcoming sets are non-MCU? (Apologies if this has already been clarified on past posts)

14 minutes ago, deemen said:

Just wanted to confirm, we only have the Black Widow/Taskmaster set as the only official MCU set so far this year, right? All of these upcoming sets are non-MCU? (Apologies if this has already been clarified on past posts)

Yes, there's multiple Eternals sets planned too but with the movie being pushed back who knows when we'll see them.

24 minutes ago, deemen said:

If you don’t count Iron Man helmet. Yes. I honestly think they have the potential to release another BW set closer to the film’s release.

Edited by HarryVader

Since the topic of Ironman armors seems to be relevant atm I was wondering if anyone considers the ironman from the detroit steel set to be based off of any of the mcu armors? Also the war machine that came in the ironman 3 set are we just assuming thats an inaccurate version of war machine mark 1 from ironman 2?

1 minute ago, mgetz said:

Since the topic of Ironman armors seems to be relevant atm I was wondering if anyone considers the ironman from the detroit steel set to be based off of any of the mcu armors? Also the war machine that came in the ironman 3 set are we just assuming thats an inaccurate version of war machine mark 1 from ironman 2?

The Detroit Steel set suit is Invincible Iron Man. Pretty sure it’s from a cartoon or comic or something. Also I thought that was War Machine Mark 2?

Also. I was looking at that new Hulkbuster’s head again and thinking, “If anyone ever wanted to make a MOC where Hulk or Thanos or someone had ripped off the Hulkbuster’s head, flattened it and used it as a shield, this is perfect.” XD

Will there ever be a day that we get all 50 of the MCU Ironman suits in lego? If my calculations are correct we have 21/50, including these new sets. I really hope we see Marks 2-4

Really like the look of the new Avengers Tower. The build is pretty similar to the AOU one but the extra floors and brick built logo really go a long way to improving the look.

1 hour ago, mgetz said:

The Detroit Steel Iron Man is Ultimate Iron Man from the comics so I personally just ignore it's existence :tongue: The War Machine in the Iron Man 3 set is Mark 2, it even says so on the torso itself. Other than the whole armor being lighter than it should be it's accurate

Iron Man 3 = War Machine MK2

Civil War = War Machine MK3

Infinity War (Bricktober) = WM MK4

MK 5 didn't exist officially, Endgame did have the MK6 but there was no official minifigure, what we go is a new helmet with QR suit.

It's not 100% the same but the new Red Skull is definetely the MCU version

Screenshot_99.png Johann Schmidt | Marvel Movies | Fandom

18 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

MK 5 didn't exist officially, Endgame did have the MK6 but there was no official minifigure, what we go is a new helmet with QR suit.

It wouldn't bother me that much if we never end up getting MK6 but I really want a figure of MK 7 / Iron Patriot II

11 hours ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

Okay, so this thread blew up by five pages and I honestly can’t be bothered reading back through all of it. 

So we’re sure that the suits in the Tower (which is totally gorgeous and a must-buy for me) are the Mark 22 Hotrod and Mark 30 Blue Steel, right? Also, seeing that the Rescue in the ugliest Hulkbuster is a weird new variant and not the same as Endgame Rescue makes me feel better about buying that crap-tastic Hulk Helicopter set in January. I’m passing on the Hulkbuster, as it happens my existing Hall of Armour has exactly two spaces open for extra Iron Man suits so Avengers Tower is just about perfect.

The two new suits are called Tazer and Blazer on the box.

There is another set that hasn't been revealed but rumours point to it being a Hall of Armour type set.

5 minutes ago, blurrkup said:

The two new suits are called Tazer and Blazer on the box.

There is another set that hasn't been revealed but rumours point to it being a Hall of Armour type set.

I checked the MCU wiki, either LEGO for some reason decided to rename the Hotrod and Blue Steel suits or these are completely LEGO-original designs that happen to be nearly identical to Hotrod/Mark 22 and Blue Steel/Mark 30. Because there is no precedent whatsoever for Iron Man suits named Tazer and Blazer that I’ve found. 

3 minutes ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

I checked the MCU wiki, either LEGO for some reason decided to rename the Hotrod and Blue Steel suits or these are completely LEGO-original designs that happen to be nearly identical to Hotrod/Mark 22 and Blue Steel/Mark 30. Because there is no precedent whatsoever for Iron Man suits named Tazer and Blazer that I’ve found. 

Tazer and Blazer are just LEGO's interpretation of Blue Steel and Hotrod. Just like Scuba and Space are their interpretation of Hammerhead and Starboost

4 minutes ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

I think LEGO just gave those suits “catchy” names to appeal to kids more. I mean Mk 30 & Hotrod don’t appeal as much as Tazer and Blazer right?

15 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

I’ll chime in here to help with peoples expectations of the expansion. What I realistically see happening 

4 minifigures (2 new suits: one wanted armor and one interesting choice, 2 others frankly I think will probably be something like a version of stark and a aim agent) 

2-3 display stands for the armors and then the build for the hot rod

That's already a very cool set. I would like to see a golden armor (an interpretation of Midas). I think the hot rod car will be a great build.

Yes, Tazer and Blazer are not identical to Hotrod and Blue Steel but they’re similar enough that I think they’re meant to be lego’s version of them

4 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

It's not 100% the same but the new Red Skull is definetely the MCU version

The red underlines on his coat basically confirm this. I’m convinced

49 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Yes, Tazer and Blazer are not identical to Hotrod and Blue Steel but they’re similar enough that I think they’re meant to be lego’s version of them

It’s kind of like how Hasbro in their Iron Man 3 line back in 2013 name Iron man armors “sonic camo Iron Man” or “hyper velocity iron man” instead of their on-screen names. I’m pretty convinced that Tazer and Blazer are indeed Blue Steel and Hot Rod

8 minutes ago, HarryVader said:

The red underlines on his coat basically confirm this. I’m convinced

It’s kind of like how Hasbro in their Iron Man 3 line back in 2013 name Iron man armors “sonic camo Iron Man” or “hyper velocity iron man” instead of their on-screen names. I’m pretty convinced that Tazer and Blazer are indeed Blue Steel and Hot Rod

Aren't  the arc reactors on the figures different from the  design of the suit in the movie?

Also, how many pieces  are there in the Avenger's tower set?