Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

The Tower is by far the best set in this wave of Avengers with "twist" sets. I super like it and probably the only one I'll get. 

I dunno if this has been said, but those new suits looks to me as Blue Steel and Hot Rod (tho not MCU) it's always welcome to have new suits to put in Hall of armor, I'd be glad to take more of this on the rumored Ironman set HOA expansion.

The Hulkbuster gives a nostalgic vibes to me. That's straight from the old Toybiz Marvel Legends toyline. It's nice but I don't think the Rescue suit can force me to buy it. We'll see. 

I don't want to talk about the helmet, I was rooting for it but I'm disappoined with we got. BIG TIME.

Now, I'm looking forward for that Hall of armor expansion set! Could give us previous Ironman vibes to it.

It hasn't been mentioned by anyone other than myself yet but does anyone else think Red Skull looks like the MCU version?

I love these sets! The Avengers Tower is way taller than the last one which is nice, I was working on modifying the old one to be taller before I moved and had to store my LEGO collection last year so I'm glad I didn't finish that haha. The Hulkbuster looks like the one from the Marvel Superheroes game which is a really cool throwback. I love that Rescue and the new Iron Man armors too! I wonder what heads they're using under the armors in this set? These two sets are better than the Hellicarrier in my opinion build wise, and almost equal for minifig selection. I swear it looks like a new hair for Black Widow, even though I know that can't be right, and I can't tell if she still has arm printing. We really are getting spoiled with minifigs this wave! I know not everyone loves the Iron Man bust, but I think it'd be a great display piece, and I might get it when it's on sale. It's interesting that LEGO seems to really be pushing for a lot of sets that seem oriented at adults displaying them on their desk this year.

3 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

It hasn't been mentioned by anyone other than myself yet but does anyone else think Red Skull looks like the MCU version?

It's really hard to tell because the images aren't high quality, but it sure looks like it. It looks to have the same belt and a cross strap like the movie one does

24 minutes ago, doclord said:

I don't remember a comic Hulkbuster that had a flatter/sunken helmet AND its mouth visible.

It looks like the marvel Select design / legends one. Its still a bit flat sure!

Anyone else notice the new booster mould? I thought it was just a plate on a dome but it isnt!

On 5/18/2020 at 3:40 PM, PRbrickbuilder said:

That's a nice minifig pack! The Falcon fig is great, as well is BW.  I like the wings. A simple but effective build without stikers, and Falcon has dual molded legs!

Yes, she does. In the Brickset post you can have a better look.

Yeah I love that he has moulded legs! I'm going to use them for Red Guardian!!!!

Just now, Ghostcat said:

Anyone else notice the new booster mould? I thought it was just a plate on a dome but it isnt!

Already pointed it out but it's not a new mold. It's a 1x2 plate on an unprinted droid head from Star Wars

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

Already pointed it out but it's not a new mold. It's a 1x2 plate on an unprinted droid head from Star Wars

Must just be the bad pic that made it look joined. ah well

2 minutes ago, Marvelous Spidey said:

The aim agent on the left in the Hulkbuster set looks to have a candlestick piece in black on his gun, that certainly makes a nice silhouette

Ooh that's cool, makes it look like a silencer

PICTURES!
Ahem :blush: 

The Hulkbuster looks great, instantly recognizable as its comic version. Rescue is a great addition to it :sweet: 
I love the look of the Avengers Tower as well :wub: I'd very much like to see pictures of its interior! 
The minifig selection of the tower is fantastic. Two new IM armors and a new version of Red Skull.
There seem to be several little tidbits as well, such as the Infinity Gauntlet with two stones and the tablet with what seems to be JJJ's podcast. 
Also, I'm not sure if I'm seeing it well, but it looks like Black Widow has the torso and armprinting that will also appear in the Marvel Pack with Falcon.

This is a very promising line so far! Now, bring on pictures of the Hall of Armour :devil: 

Regards,
Mitch

2 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Maybe, but the Monkey King Warrior Mech has the most painted gold pieces of any set, and that’s still got a decent price per piece ratio. I’d like to see more angles of this helmet. Is that rumored Hulk sculpture set still coming? 

The Monkey Kid sets seem unrealistically overpriced to me even when compared to the marvel and star wars sets,.

1 hour ago, Falconfan1414 said:

These are amazing 

They really are!

The tower looks amazing, and those figures are great too! I'm tempted to get it big-time, but the $90 price tag is tough. It's not overpriced, but it's expensive, and I'm already planning on getting most of the august star wars wave. I'll be holding off on the hulkbuster too, it looks like a scaled up version of the $10 mech, and while it does look like the comic set, the fact that it's a new, comic rescue takes away it's draw for me. (which is ironic, as it's an objective plus to the set as a whole, I was just wanting to get the MCU rescue without getting that stupid helicopter.)

The bust is fine, about what I expected on par with the star wars ones. It's got flaws, but isn't awful.

Iron Mast Bust:
Red segments are 'ok' but not great, likely due to lower piece count than other busts. Gold segments kind of reminds me of a testificate/villager from Minecraft. The fact is is priced the same as the other busts is insulting. I will not be getting it and I do not think anyone should until it drops to around a third off.

Hulkbuster:
The connection between the arms and the body feels like its pulled too far out and the head seems too flat. Nothing particularly as a selling feature other than the mech being comic inspired. Rescue is a nice addition, but I've seen and own a knock-off of that very figure with arm print and more detail than what Lego is providing so nothing to make me want this set.

Avengers Tower 2.0:
This is a much better version of the original Avengers Tower set in regards to design, despite having less pieces this feels much more complete. A brick built Avengers logo is great along with the tower being taller. The figure selection is much more appealing and you get two more figures than the previous version.

If the price is the same as the last one then I can see this being quite a great set. That said, I'm still not drawn to purchase this one. Just does not really offer much new other than using the tower as a backdrop for an action scene or something. It's still the best set of the wave so far though.

Hopefully the new hall of armour set leaks soon.

6 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Like @RedHoodPug said the amount of MCU fans is much larger than the amount of comic fans. But even then it's really inaccurate: 

Honestly it's sort of like the version you posted mixed with the flattened head and upper chest of this version (Just with a different arc reactor) If they were going for the version you posted then they got the head wrong, its way too flat.
latest?cb=20130715041733

Weird that they didn't include a piece count for the tower but they did for all the other sets

...the armors are called "Blazer" and "Tazer"... ???

There is an arc reactor build in the ground floor!

and it has two balconies like the Stark Tower had in Avengers 2012

Is it just me or does the box art make the set look smaller than it actually is? I thought LEGO liked doing the opposite of that...

Just now, SuperGrover said:

Is it just me or does the box art make the set look smaller than it actually is? I thought LEGO liked doing the opposite of that...

I think because its so tall they have to angle the view of the tower a bit. but all 5 floors are there. nice to get another angle too. Refreshing.

Are the Iron Man minifigures the same ones we got in the Mech set? 

Also, does the venomsaurous set release in June as well? 

Is the one AIM soldier in the Hulkbuster set using a candle piece in black as a silencer? looks pretty neat. Could add that to a James Bond mini fig

6 minutes ago, Marvelous Spidey said:

...the armors are called "Blazer" and "Tazer"... ???

And Blazer has a gray torso and flames in the legs, so I guess they are an interpretation of Hot Rod and Blue Steel, just like Scuba and Space Iron Man were interpretations of Hammerhead and Starboost. Let's see which armors the Armory set add to this.

10 minutes ago, BusterNut31 said:

Thanks!
The little Arc Reactor looks nice! Better view of Red Skull, Tazer and Blazer as well.
I like RS' torso, but I'm not too sure yet about B&T. It doesn't help either that their helmets aren't MCU-style (which was to be expected, but still).
The hoverbike is a nice addition as well! 

Regards,
Mitch

The Tower looks great and has officially knocked the Helicarrier off my shopping list.

1 minute ago, CF Mitch said:

Thanks!
The little Arc Reactor looks nice! Better view of Red Skull, Tazer and Blazer as well.
I like RS' torso, but I'm not too sure yet about B&T. It doesn't help either that their helmets aren't MCU-style (which was to be expected, but still).
The hoverbike is a nice addition as well! 

Regards,
Mitch

Yes I love the hover bike too. Black Widow looks really cool on it!!

36 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

There is a bit of similarity in the torso, comparing to the MCU Marvel legends one.