Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

21 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

It's an august set so hopefully we'll see the Avengers Tower and Hulkbuster soon :excited: I don't know why but even after everything we've gotten so far I'm still really excited for the AT, the Hulkbuster a bit less but that's mostly because I can't imagine it looking good with that round hinge piece

Yeah looking at Instagram I'd say it's actually a June set. That one was revealed really late, just 10 days before the release. Pretty uncommon thing these days.

2 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Yeah looking at Instagram I'd say it's actually a June set. That one was revealed really late, just 10 days before the release. Pretty uncommon thing these days.

Ow, well june it is then. LEGO has only just revealed the Jurassic World sets too, they're really late on some reveals this year. Especially considering most sets they've revealed have leaked weeks ago

7 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Ugh...I was really excited for this set but it doesn’t look as good as I was expecting. The front looks really awkward and heavy around the “eyebrows”. Hopefully it looks better in person. Also, 480 pieces but $60? How is this the same price as the Star Wars helmets while having 200 pieces less? 

The gold pieces are probably more expensive to produce

I like the shaping of the top of the helmet and the shaping of the face plate with all the gold, but it kind of falls apart towards the bottom “jaw” part because the angled red pieces make it look too thick. Taking them off and only leaving the thickness of 1 angled red plate on each side might make it look better.

Regardless, not a fan of what it is for the price so I can’t see myself buying it.

10 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

The gold pieces are probably more expensive to produce

Maybe, but the Monkey King Warrior Mech has the most painted gold pieces of any set, and that’s still got a decent price per piece ratio. I’d like to see more angles of this helmet. Is that rumored Hulk sculpture set still coming? 

i mean, it’s obviously based off of the first Iron Man movie, seeing as it has the same color scheme and uses the logo. Could this mean LEGO is willing to do older movies for marvel? That could back up the Iron Monger rumors.

4 minutes ago, SuperGrover said:

i mean, it’s obviously based off of the first Iron Man movie, seeing as it has the same color scheme and uses the logo. Could this mean LEGO is willing to do older movies for marvel? That could back up the Iron Monger rumors.

It would actually be cool if all Marvel sets this summer have Avengers logo, but this helmet and Iron Man Armory have OG Iron Man logos.

I have a super unpopular opinion but this is my favorite summer Marvel set so far. I love it. And to FINALLY get an Iron Man 1 set... does this mean LEGO is going back and releasing older MCU movie sets?

Edited by HarryVader

Leaked hulk buster and avengers tower on IG

seems like there will be more iron man suits 

Edited by namioik

Ahhh I take what I said back... the Avengers tower is the best summer Marvel set lmfao. The Hulkbuster looks too much like Iron Man mech for me to care. But that Rescue suit (along with the other Iron Man suits) looks amazing!!! PS: is it me or does Red Skull have a new face design?

Edited by HarryVader

Avengers Tower is certainly, by far, the best of this rather sketchy wave. 

But on them Iron Mens—god Lego, it is not necessary for you to hit the completed build with a frying pan before you sell them! Why are they so flat?! :roflmao:

That's a really funky looking Hulkbuster, it looks like Hulk got the better of him and sat on his head. Avengers Tower looks amazing though, definitely worth getting. Who are those other two minifigs though? Are they just Iron Man drones, other suits, or something else?

Wow, that's a lot of new armors!

I see a comic Rescue, the Blue Steel (Mk XXX) and another one with red body and gray helmet (still searching which one is). A great wave!

The red one could be a very messed up Hot Rod Suit, arms should be read, but maybe not its hot him, just my guess… 

Edited by Walter529a

It's nice to get a comic version of the Hulkbuster, it looks pretty good overall though the cannon on the right shoulder looks really bad but looks like it will be easy to modify to make the shoulders symmetrical. The tower looks excellent and I look forward to seeing better pictures of the interior. Easily the weakest aspect of these 2 sets though are the figure selection. It's nice to get Rescue in the Hulkbuster but we get the same Ironman yet again and the tower's figures are even worse. The same Ironman and Black Widow again Red Skull isn't too exciting and while it's nice to get a couple Ironman suit variants, it sucks that no other characters are included. I won't complain about the AIM soldiers as those are to be expected and can be army built, though I will say it is odd to see Red Skull with AIM soldiers rather than with Hydra troops. Interesting reversal though, typically the best part of Marvel sets are the figures with the builds being mediocre or just bad, now the the builds are pretty good but the figures are mediocre. The Iron Man helmet is pretty disappointing. It looks so derpy. Given the scale and how well they did with the Star Wars helmets I expected better. I'll be picking up the Hulkbuster for sure, the tower will depend on budget and the Ironman helmet is an easy pass.

6 minutes ago, BigGuy4U said:

That's a really funky looking Hulkbuster, it looks like Hulk got the better of him and sat on his head. Avengers Tower looks amazing though, definitely worth getting. Who are those other two minifigs though? Are they just Iron Man drones, other suits, or something else?

I think it is possible to make a stop motion with Hulk fighting the previous Hulkbuster. Hulk punches it and then the head becomes this one, flatened :laugh_hard:. The Blue Iron Man is Mk 33 (Blue Steel)

8 minutes ago, 2lazeetomakeaname said:

Um.. the tower has an infinity gauntlet inside..

It does! New Thanos 99% guaranteed lol