Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

3 hours ago, BigGuy4U said:

It's not just this set, this is by far the most negative thread I follow here, and I have to admit it gets tiring when practically every set is dismissed as garbage by 5 posts in a row. And sure, the constant mechs and motorcycles can get old but I really don't think the builds are that bad.

I mean, some of the comic sets have pretty bad builds, but they're children's toys, and random vehicles are a lot more exciting to kids than most stuff that's comic or movie accurate we haven't gotten yet. I think that's where most negativity here comes from, people forget these are made for kids and not us.

2 hours ago, Quicksilver838 said:

One extra Iron Man set doesn't ruin any chances for FatWS. The biggest concern about Marvel Disney+ sets, is that Mandalorian only got 2, and Star Wars releases a lot more sets than Marvel each year. But what we should all keep in mind, is one of those sets released after the season finished.

Until someone comes forth and tells us there isn't s set, there's no need to loose hope, but don't get your hopes too high

Mandalorian got 1 set alongside release and will have a total of 5 by the end of 2020. Like you say, star wars is a whole different beast though, and I think the addition of "the child" not having merchandise at first to avoid spoilers might be why we're getting so many mandalorian sets. FatWS might get a set, but I doubt it'll be anytime soon.

13 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

In my country they are also really hard to find, they are only in a few Lego stores, but unfortunately they always turn out be at least 1 year old. I really like using Bricklink tho so it's not a big deal for me.

For me they're hard to find at physical stores, I can only ever find microbuilds of kylo ren's shuttle, but like you said there's always bricklink, and usually the prices aren't too bad if it's still in stores somewhere.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

I’m a little late but I really like this minifig pack. The Helicarrier (unfortunately) just won’t fit into my budget, I’ve had to cut marvel out because I can’t afford it anymore on top of Star Wars and Harry Potter. I’ll still get any MCU and DCEU sets they make but for the most part I just can’t include it anymore. But this pack is a very nice cheap way to get the AIM agents, the Helicarrier Black Widow, and of course this really awesome Falcon. I’m iffy on the wings, I’ll have to wait and see them in person, I may just swap them out with the original red Falcon wings

I'm definitely getting the accessory pack it looks amazing. The figures are good and it's good priced and cheap. Annoyed about the rapid-fire stud shooter. Could've used the prices to create a "falcon wing demounting" station as the war machine iron patriot cannon mounter. Still, it's fine. 

A lot of people are pissed off about SquareEnix is because we'd prefer Endgame sets. I personally prefer movie sets all the way. All of the Square Enix sets look ugly. The Minifigures are okay, but the builds are bad.

56 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I’m a little late but I really like this minifig pack. The Helicarrier (unfortunately) just won’t fit into my budget, I’ve had to cut marvel out because I can’t afford it anymore on top of Star Wars and Harry Potter. I’ll still get any MCU and DCEU sets they make but for the most part I just can’t include it anymore. But this pack is a very nice cheap way to get the AIM agents, the Helicarrier Black Widow, and of course this really awesome Falcon. I’m iffy on the wings, I’ll have to wait and see them in person, I may just swap them out with the original red Falcon wings

Same here, except without the harry potter. It's a great minifigure pack, and I'm surprised they put such a detailed black widow in this as usually they'd use it as a draw to the helicarrier set.

9 minutes ago, HRC said:

A lot of people are pissed off about SquareEnix is because we'd prefer Endgame sets. I personally prefer movie sets all the way. All of the Square Enix sets look ugly. The Minifigures are okay, but the builds are bad.

The thing is Lego doesn't dictate that. (although I agree, endgame sets would be better)

This pack is amazing and a real bargain at that price. We get a new updated Falcon figure that looks superb and his design does intrigue me, it resembles his comic-book outfit but with a more modernized touch. In the current comics he does have a new suit but it does not resemble this one so I'm wondering if this is how he will be appearing in the Avengers game, I guess time will tell. Black Widow is a great figure and always welcome, I also think including her is a clever choice as she will be more popular with the upcoming movie release. The AIM soldiers are decent I suppose, personally I do not care for their design and I would have preferred to get another figure like the Winter Soldier or Zemo but I suppose 2 new figures would really be too much to ask for.

Cool minifigure pack! Also happy to have it confirmed that it’s the Helicarrier Black Widow with the arm printing, I’m blind and can’t tell whether it’s the game Widow or the latest MCU Widow that comes in the Taskmaster set. Falcon looks cool too!

2 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I mean, some of the comic sets have pretty bad builds, but they're children's toys, and random vehicles are a lot more exciting to kids than most stuff that's comic or movie accurate we haven't gotten yet. I think that's where most negativity here comes from, people forget these are made for kids and not us.

Everyone here (or at least most people) know and fully realise these sets are made for kids first and foremost but that doesn't mean we can't dislike poorly designed sets. It's just a matter of personal taste and opinions :wink: I honestly don't mind the crap we're getting this year though, saves me a lot of money :laugh_hard:

6 hours ago, HarryVader said:

I think the main anger and disappoint towards these sets (for me personally, so I’ll speak for myself), aside from the constant mechs and trucks, is the fact that LEGO gave us 6 pretty disappointing and inaccurate Endgame sets and literally just moved on to SquareEnix sets when everyone else is making more accurate Endgame toys now the movie’s been released for more than a year. These sets really came at an unfortunate time as a follow-up to the Endgame wave. I also feel that the SquareEnix designs didn’t please a lot of people so I’m a little baffled as to why LEGO seems to really like them.

I liked Taskmaster

It has nothing to do with Lego "liking" the video game designs. The licensor tells Lego what they want. Marvel wants to promote the videogame. Same reason you always get Batman Batman Batman in DC. That's what DC wants. Lego is not the problem.

2 hours ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

Cool minifigure pack! Also happy to have it confirmed that it’s the Helicarrier Black Widow with the arm printing, I’m blind and can’t tell whether it’s the game Widow or the latest MCU Widow that comes in the Taskmaster set. Falcon looks cool too!

The Black Widow in the Helicopter Chase set with Taskmaster is a new MCU version.

I wish we had gotten a video game/comic variant of antman and wasp or even doctor strange it seems like they were the only mainstream avengers not used in the wave

2 hours ago, InnerRayg said:

It has nothing to do with Lego "liking" the video game designs. The licensor tells Lego what they want. Marvel wants to promote the videogame. Same reason you always get Batman Batman Batman in DC. That's what DC wants. Lego is not the problem.

Makes sense. But I'm still pissed off. I'll just blame marvel instead of Lego. I still like Lego, I don't think they're trying to piss us off, they're just trying to please the customers, Marvel, and make money, and sometimes it's hard to balance those things.

I really like the adjustable wings on the Falcon and the black batons for black widow. I think it's so much better than the lightsaber pieces and the wand on a black lightsaber hilt. I will get this the day it comes out.

20 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Doubt it, LEGO is known for reusing figures but they wouldn't release a normal-sized set without at least 1 new figure

Okay, sorry about that. I was exaggerating. I'm just really pissed about mark 50 and game iron man being repeated so much. Twice is enough. 

I think it's going to be three figures. I don't think Obsidian Stane is going to be in it. Just a gut feeling. I'll be happily surprised if they do include it but with the SquareEnix direction Lego is going in, I don't think it'll be in it. I see the game iron man, one new suit, and an aim agent or an outrider being in it. My dream would be all new armors, but that probably isn't happening.

4 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Everyone here (or at least most people) know and fully realise these sets are made for kids first and foremost but that doesn't mean we can't dislike poorly designed sets. It's just a matter of personal taste and opinions :wink: I honestly don't mind the crap we're getting this year though, saves me a lot of money :laugh_hard:

We can agree on that at least. We may have different reasons as to why we don't want the sets, but we both won't be buying most of them.

53 minutes ago, mgetz said:

I wish we had gotten a video game/comic variant of antman and wasp or even doctor strange it seems like they were the only mainstream avengers not used in the wave

Doctor Strange isn't as associated with the avengers in the comics, although he recently joined the newest incarnation, but I'm as surprised as you are about ant-man. Especially since unlike Hawkeye, Black Panther, Nick Fury, captain marvel, and Falcon, we know he's going to be in the game.

35 minutes ago, HRC said:

Okay, sorry about that. I was exaggerating. I'm just really pissed about mark 50 and game iron man being repeated so much. Twice is enough. 

I think it's going to be three figures. I don't think Obsidian Stane is going to be in it. Just a gut feeling. I'll be happily surprised if they do include it but with the SquareEnix direction Lego is going in, I don't think it'll be in it. I see the game iron man, one new suit, and an aim agent or an outrider being in it. My dream would be all new armors, but that probably isn't happening.

I believe @Falconfan1414 said 4 figures, but be sure to correct me if I'm wrong. I'd say that gets us 2 new suits, and either Tony and Stane or Game iron man and an AIM agent.

(Should we just call "game iron man"/"square enix iron man"  the Enix Suit?)

Edited by Mandalorianknight

10 hours ago, Quicksilver838 said:

One extra Iron Man set doesn't ruin any chances for FatWS. The biggest concern about Marvel Disney+ sets, is that Mandalorian only got 2, and Star Wars releases a lot more sets than Marvel each year. But what we should all keep in mind, is one of those sets released after the season finished.

Until someone comes forth and tells us there isn't s set, there's no need to loose hope, but don't get your hopes too high

The Mandalorian doesn’t have just 2 sets, it’s got 5. The AT-ST Raider in October 2019, Mandalorian Battle Pack in January, BrickHeadz dual pack in August, Razor Crest in September, and info was recently leaked about a Baby Yoda sculpture set like the big Yoda from October 2019. With all that considered I think a single set for Falcon and the Winter Soldier after its premiere is likely. 

The minifigure pack is awesome! Nice to get Black Widow in such a cheap way and Falcon is a cool new figure although I dislike those wings. 

Edited by GoldenNinja3000

On 5/11/2020 at 2:20 PM, Vindicare said:

That’s because LEGO has other costs & concerns than just minifigures. Comparing customs to officials is just as pointless as& dumb as comparing MOC’s to official sets. 

Thanks for your opinion.

On 5/9/2020 at 4:14 PM, Borex said:

Are you a customiser? I love customs. My budget doesn’t allow me to really dive into that part of lego love, but there is some cool stuff out there. 

I'm a customizer but I'm more of a trader! :)

Something else that might have something to do with my disliking of these Square Enix sets (ignoring how poorly designed they are): we get bombarded with sets for a game a ton of people aren't interested in yet Spider-Man PS4, the best selling superhero game of all time and beloved by many, only gets a single SDCC figure most of us can't even get. I get it's availability may be somewhat of a problem given it's a PS4 exclusive but I would gladly spend a few hundred euros on getting some of those Spider-suits and the Sinister 6 (the game designs are awesome). They could easily do 20+ sets on that game if they wanted to, there's sourcematerial enough: Spidey (many different suits), MJ, Miles, Ock, Rhino, Electro, Shocker, Vulture, Mr Negative, Scorpion, Hammerhead, Silver Sable, Norman Osborn, Tombstone, Yuri etc.

There's a rumour that Marvel magazine is coming later this year, I hope this is true as it will be an easy way to get some of those minifigures.

12 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

The Mandalorian doesn’t have just 2 sets, it’s got 5. The AT-ST Raider in October 2019, Mandalorian Battle Pack in January, BrickHeadz dual pack in August, Razor Crest in September, and info was recently leaked about a Baby Yoda sculpture set like the big Yoda from October 2019. With all that considered I think a single set for Falcon and the Winter Soldier after its premiere is likely. 

But there's a few differences there:

It's Star wars: Star wars and Marvel are drastically different in terms of lego, and while we've gotten sets long after the release of almost all films and shows, Marvel rarely has more than one wave, or sets after the release of a film.

Baby Yoda: The people working on the mandalorian fought to keep baby yoda a secret until it's release, meaning that Merchandise companies were not made aware, and have to scramble now to get sets made. (2 of the mando sets that haven't come out yet were likely made after baby yoda's release to try and capitalize on his popularity.

9 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

They could easily do 20+ sets on that game if they wanted to, there's sourcematerial enough: Spidey (many different suits), MJ, Miles, Ock, Rhino, Electro, Shocker, Vulture, Mr Negative, Scorpion, Hammerhead, Silver Sable, Norman Osborn, Tombstone, Yuri etc.

INSUFFICIENT VENOM. REQUEST DENIED.

On 5/18/2020 at 4:59 PM, BigGuy4U said:

It's not just this set, this is by far the most negative thread I follow here,

I think I might be being part of the problem. Sorry.

5 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

But there's a few differences there:

It's Star wars: Star wars and Marvel are drastically different in terms of lego, and while we've gotten sets long after the release of almost all films and shows, Marvel rarely has more than one wave, or sets after the release of a film.

Baby Yoda: The people working on the mandalorian fought to keep baby yoda a secret until it's release, meaning that Merchandise companies were not made aware, and have to scramble now to get sets made. (2 of the mando sets that haven't come out yet were likely made after baby yoda's release to try and capitalize on his popularity.

I agree with both of those points, but LEGO now makes sets for every MCU movie, and with Star Wars they’ve shown that they’ll make sets based off of a Disney+ series. With the Disney+ Marvel shows being treated as a major part of Phase Four and comparable to the films, I think LEGO will make sets for them eventually, even if it’s months after they release. 

I don't know if this is really the place to talk about Spider-Man PS4 sets. But I wanted to hop in and give my two cents because I saw you talking about it. I think that LEGO would be crazy not to do sets based on the sequel when it releases. I get why they might not want to because it's an exclusive, but it was still huge. 

Not to toot my own horn, but I think that given the success and reception to my Spider-Man CMF (not that that is anywhere near a good indication of the LEGO Community as a whole). It is still one of the best performing series out of any of Justin and I's CMFs. Also all the love that the SDCC figure got, and all the attention that these Avengers games are getting. I think it'd be crazy if we don't see sets for the sequel. 

I am very interested to see how tied in the characters we're getting in these sets are actually connected to the game. I think Hulk is really the only one right now not in an appearance from the game. But I'm hoping Ms. Marvel is in Avengers Tower or something. Because all the Avengers characters we've seen are not confirmed for the game as of right now I believe. 

14 minutes ago, Ashnflash said:

I don't know if this is really the place to talk about Spider-Man PS4 sets. But I wanted to hop in and give my two cents because I saw you talking about it. I think that LEGO would be crazy not to do sets based on the sequel when it releases. I get why they might not want to because it's an exclusive, but it was still huge. 

Not to toot my own horn, but I think that given the success and reception to my Spider-Man CMF (not that that is anywhere near a good indication of the LEGO Community as a whole). It is still one of the best performing series out of any of Justin and I's CMFs. Also all the love that the SDCC figure got, and all the attention that these Avengers games are getting. I think it'd be crazy if we don't see sets for the sequel. 

I am very interested to see how tied in the characters we're getting in these sets are actually connected to the game. I think Hulk is really the only one right now not in an appearance from the game. But I'm hoping Ms. Marvel is in Avengers Tower or something. Because all the Avengers characters we've seen are not confirmed for the game as of right now I believe. 

As much as I loved the SDCC figure and your CMF series for the Spider Man game, I don’t think we’ll get LEGO sets for the sequel. One, the Spider Man game and the new Avengers game are owned by separate companies, and two, an SDCC figure doesn’t mean we’ll get sets. We’ve had two arrowverse figures but no arrowverse sets. But you could be completely right and we could be getting sets for the sequel.

Advanced issues found

21 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I believe @Falconfan1414 said 4 figures, but be sure to correct me if I'm wrong. I'd say that gets us 2 new suits, and either Tony and Stane or Game iron man and an AIM agent.

(Should we just call "game iron man"/"square enix iron man"  the Enix Suit?)

I'm glad to hear that. Sorry about missing that. 2 new suits and maybe a Stane sounds amazing! Especially the two new suits part. The Enix suit sounds short and too the point. I like it. 

14 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Something else that might have something to do with my disliking of these Square Enix sets (ignoring how poorly designed they are): we get bombarded with sets for a game a ton of people aren't interested in yet Spider-Man PS4, the best selling superhero game of all time and beloved by many, only gets a single SDCC figure most of us can't even get. I get it's availability may be somewhat of a problem given it's a PS4 exclusive but I would gladly spend a few hundred euros on getting some of those Spider-suits and the Sinister 6 (the game designs are awesome). They could easily do 20+ sets on that game if they wanted to, there's sourcematerial enough: Spidey (many different suits), MJ, Miles, Ock, Rhino, Electro, Shocker, Vulture, Mr Negative, Scorpion, Hammerhead, Silver Sable, Norman Osborn, Tombstone, Yuri etc.

I think we've had enough regular spider-man sets, but Spiderman PS4 sets would be amazing. I'm personally pissed about Enix sets because Endgame or Falcon & WS sets would be so much better.

Why the heck does it keep on saying "Advanced issues found" on my comment? Does anyone else see that?

3 hours ago, Ashnflash said:

Ashnflash, first off, huge fan of your work. 

I think sets for the spider-man PS4 are pretty likely as long as the next game isn't exclusive to the sony console. Although given that the spider-man ps4 spider-man is in the spiderverse comics, they could include him in a normal set like they have spider-ham, spider-noir, etc, unless the comic con figure makes that impossible.

1 hour ago, HRC said:

I'm glad to hear that. Sorry about missing that. 2 new suits and maybe a Stane sounds amazing! Especially the two new suits part. The Enix suit sounds short and too the point. I like it. 

I think we've had enough regular spider-man sets, but Spiderman PS4 sets would be amazing. I'm personally pissed about Enix sets because Endgame or Falcon & WS sets would be so much better.

Why the heck does it keep on saying "Advanced issues found" on my comment? Does anyone else see that?

Yeah, I'm seeing the "advanced issues found" too. Not sure why.

Yeah, two new suits sounds great and somewhat likely, I think. I'm happy you like the "enix suit", I'm gonna start using that more.

4 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I think sets for the spider-man PS4 are pretty likely as long as the next game isn't exclusive to the sony console. Although given that the spider-man ps4 spider-man is in the spiderverse comics, they could include him in a normal set like they have spider-ham, spider-noir, etc, unless the comic con figure makes that impossible.

It definitely will still be a PS5 exclusive, no better way to attract people to your new console. You know what connects PS5, Spider-Man and Insomniac Games? They are all owned by Sony.