Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Ok here’s an idea:

if they make more of these small micro mech things could we get Whiplash from Iron man 2? Because they seem to be doing a lot of iron man recently, and with that iron monger rumour, it could be likely 

New Marvel minifig pick just leaked. It's the same Black Widow from hellicarier, and new Falcon in red outfit with strange wings. Good pack, but I would have liked different build for the wings.

Brickset has pictures of the minifig pack :thumbup: Falcon‘s suit is quite interesting-looking, sort of a blend between the MCU abd comic designs

That minifig pack is actually quite nice! Falcon looks great. I might have to get this :sweet: 

Regards,
Mitch

I like the minifig pack. I need a Falcon since I declined to get any of the last sets he was in, I need more AIM agents for army building, and this is a cheap way to get the new black widow. I couldn’t tell, does she have arm printing?

That's a nice minifig pack! The Falcon fig is great, as well is BW.  I like the wings. A simple but effective build without stikers, and Falcon has dual molded legs!

2 minutes ago, SuperGrover said:

I like the minifig pack. I need a Falcon since I declined to get any of the last sets he was in, I need more AIM agents for army building, and this is a cheap way to get the new black widow. I couldn’t tell, does she have arm printing?

Yes, she does. In the Brickset post you can have a better look.

Edited by PRbrickbuilder
Spelling

The pack looks great, surprised Lego was willing to put one of the summer wave's most desirable figures, with arm printing no less, in such a cheap set.

Also I'm quite impressed with how big of a roster of game/comic based Avengers Lego managed to put out with only two small waves of sets. With Falcon they've now hit 10 main Avengers, with the possibility of more coming in the August sets!

Now that I've taken a closer look, Black Widow looks amazing as well!
She has a new torso print and arm printing. Really great :wub:

Regards,
Mitch

Love this set! Black Widow with great arm and leg printing and dual molded legs for Falcon are all I needed to order it day one :drool:

That falcon is one of the best things to come out of this Marvel wave so far, and did anyone else see the Avengers tower tease at the back of the packaging?

I'll even say this, I kind of like Falcon's wings. They're simple and straightforward, but do not look bizarre overall.

9 hours ago, 2lazeetomakeaname said:

Why are you guys so negative about this set? I get that LEGO Marvel isn't the best theme sometimes, but last years hall of armor was great, especially the figures. And since its an expansion and has a hot rod, im sure its mcu based

Yeah, there's some valid criticism to be had of the line, but some people keep forgetting the sets are for kids and get really negative.

Personally, I still think it'll be game iron man, an aim agent, and 2 MCU armors, and I'm fine with that.

9 hours ago, Legocity2713 said:

I just meant that because it is a Hall of Armor expansion set, I want more armors to be included than any other figures, such as villains or civilians, in the set. A new villain is definitely possible and welcome especially if its someone long awaited from Phase I like Iron Monger

Ah. that makes sense.

5 minutes ago, HarryVader said:

I'll even say this, I kind of like Falcon's wings. They're simple and straightforward, but do not look bizarre overall.

They do a good job representing his wings, kind of reminds me of a teched-up version of his costume back when he was captain america's sidekick and could talk to falcons.

This minifigure pack is the first marvel set of the year I'll buy besides the iron man mech (I didn't realize the figure would be so repeated). I don't have any AIM agents yet and they have lots of nice gunmetal grey parts, black widow looks great and is super detailed, and Falcon is a cool exclusive for the set.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

10 hours ago, 2lazeetomakeaname said:

Why are you guys so negative about this set? I get that LEGO Marvel isn't the best theme sometimes, but last years hall of armor was great, especially the figures. And since its an expansion and has a hot rod, im sure its mcu based

It's not just this set, this is by far the most negative thread I follow here, and I have to admit it gets tiring when practically every set is dismissed as garbage by 5 posts in a row. And sure, the constant mechs and motorcycles can get old but I really don't think the builds are that bad.

15 minutes ago, BigGuy4U said:

It's not just this set, this is by far the most negative thread I follow here, and I have to admit it gets tiring when practically every set is dismissed as garbage by 5 posts in a row. And sure, the constant mechs and motorcycles can get old but I really don't think the builds are that bad.

I completely agree. Yeah, the Spider-Man wave in January was a lot like the 2019 sets, but the builds were still pretty decent (I especially love the crawler bike). The Avengers sets were basic because they were just another oversized bike and a truck, but they were well designed and the truck especially had a cool new feature. We also really can’t complain about minifigures this year, as they’ve been amazing. Some of them have problems (looking at Taskmaster) but we’ve gotten a few new characters, a load of detailed new variants, and the summer sets are giving us villains we haven’t seen in at least 4 years (Red Skull and MODOK). Considering 2020 ended up as pretty much an off year for the MCU, I think the sets are just fine, but I am excited to return to MCU sets next year. 

Edited by GoldenNinja3000

11 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

And people are also annoyed at this set for basically ruining our chances at a FatWS set

One extra Iron Man set doesn't ruin any chances for FatWS. The biggest concern about Marvel Disney+ sets, is that Mandalorian only got 2, and Star Wars releases a lot more sets than Marvel each year. But what we should all keep in mind, is one of those sets released after the season finished.

Until someone comes forth and tells us there isn't s set, there's no need to loose hope, but don't get your hopes too high

Loving the new Falcon! Does someone have an idea to reuse those hideous aim soldiers for something else?

Mixed feelings about the pack. Black Widow is great and, while I don't like them, the AIM soldiers at least provide some good parts. Falcon is very well designed and detailed but I'm just not a fan of that costume, we'll see wether or not I'll pick this up. 

1 hour ago, BigGuy4U said:

I think the main anger and disappoint towards these sets (for me personally, so I’ll speak for myself), aside from the constant mechs and trucks, is the fact that LEGO gave us 6 pretty disappointing and inaccurate Endgame sets and literally just moved on to SquareEnix sets when everyone else is making more accurate Endgame toys now the movie’s been released for more than a year. These sets really came at an unfortunate time as a follow-up to the Endgame wave. I also feel that the SquareEnix designs didn’t please a lot of people so I’m a little baffled as to why LEGO seems to really like them.

58 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Some of them have problems (looking at Taskmaster) 

I liked Taskmaster

Edited by HarryVader

47 minutes ago, HarryVader said:

I think the main anger and disappoint towards these sets (for me personally, so I’ll speak for myself), aside from the constant mechs and trucks, is the fact that LEGO gave us 6 pretty disappointing and inaccurate Endgame sets and literally just moved on to SquareEnix sets when everyone else is making more accurate Endgame toys now the movie’s been released for more than a year. These sets really came at an unfortunate time as a follow-up to the Endgame wave. I also feel that the SquareEnix designs didn’t please a lot of people so I’m a little baffled as to why LEGO seems to really like them.

Understandable, though to my understanding Lego can't make more Endgame sets unless Marvel asks them to.

I quite like this pack. Black Widow looks amazing, it's great to get her in a cheap set like this. While I don't like AIM Agents as minfigures, it's kind of nice to get them here.

I have mixed feeling about Falcon tho. While all new prints are really detailed and cool, the design of him just looks odd to me. His wings also don't look good, they are too square-y and simple, but in some positions they do look good.

3 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I have mixed feeling about Falcon tho. While all new prints are really detailed and cool, the design of him just looks odd to me. His wings also don't look good, they are too square-y and simple, but in some positions they do look good.

Same thoughts here but I guess if you replace the arms you could use it for a custom Red Guardian :shrug_oh_well:

1 minute ago, Guyon2002 said:

Same thoughts here but I guess if you replace the arms you could use it for a custom Red Guardian :shrug_oh_well:

I kind of hope when the movie releases they make a polybag with him, or maybe if we get Marvel CMF they could include him.

11 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I kind of hope when the movie releases they make a polybag with him, or maybe if we get Marvel CMF they could include him.

I'm kinda torn on polybags. It's great to get more characters through them but they're really hard to find here

The printing for Falcon looks alright and I like the dual molded legs but those wings, oof. I wish they had given him better wings rather than include the overused sixshot stud cannon. It's an easy pass for me.

33 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I'm kinda torn on polybags. It's great to get more characters through them but they're really hard to find here

In my country they are also really hard to find, they are only in a few Lego stores, but unfortunately they always turn out be at least 1 year old. I really like using Bricklink tho so it's not a big deal for me.