Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

On 5/13/2020 at 9:31 AM, Legocity2713 said:

A couple months back he posted the Ninjago Salvage M.E.C. and alluded to the Hulkbuster looking like that. So I don’t think its a Dr. Strange reference, just that that piece is gonna be a major part of the build probably with some Hulkbuster printing.

I'm legit scared if the Hulkbuster is going to be like the salvage mech. The salvage mech is UGLY and a printed piece with the hulk buster face in that style is going to look absolutely hideous. 

Advanced issue found

4 hours ago, JediJosh said:

I'm 99% certain that there will be a TFaTWS set around the time it eventually releases. I'll be willing to bet money that each of the marvel shows has at least 1 Lego set to go with them, just like all the Star Wars shows will.

I think it's silly to say that there will be no TFaTWS Lego set.  I'm pretty sure it's a given that each show will have at least 1 Lego set. The exception being the What If..? show.

We're talking about Disney here. They want to make money, as does Lego.

I'll take up that bet. I don't think there will be a set for both F & WS and WandaVision by the time their release. Maybe eventually, but not by release. I'm willing to bet 10 dollars (though I don't think that would work because I live in America). 

I don’t know why some people are so upset over the new Iron man set (unless it’s game based the I understand, I don’t like the helmet piece the “cheekbones” are off putting to me ). I hope the new Iron man Armory comes with the Marks 2,3 and 4. Then we could complete the Iron Man 3 Hall of Armor. It would be really cool if it included the first War Machine armor as well but that probably won’t happen. Character wise, some cool figures would be Obidiah Stane, Iron man 1 Stark and Rhodes. Some accessories/Easter eggs that would be cool to see would be another Mark 5 briefcase, the arc reactor in a case, one of Tony’s Cars, the age of ultron Jarvis hologram, a printed prototype Captain America shield, the stark expo model, a stark expo poster, that Obama-hope style poster of Iron man, the supercollider and a gantry machine. 

4 minutes ago, Captain_MKA said:

I don’t know why some people are so upset over the new Iron man set (unless it’s game based the I understand, I don’t like the helmet piece the “cheekbones” are off putting to me ). I hope the new Iron man Armory comes with the Marks 2,3 and 4. Then we could complete the Iron Man 3 Hall of Armor. It would be really cool if it included the first War Machine armor as well but that probably won’t happen. Character wise, some cool figures would be Obidiah Stane, Iron man 1 Stark and Rhodes. Some accessories/Easter eggs that would be cool to see would be another Mark 5 briefcase, the arc reactor in a case, one of Tony’s Cars, the age of ultron Jarvis hologram, a printed prototype Captain America shield, the stark expo model, a stark expo poster, that Obama-hope style poster of Iron man, the supercollider and a gantry machine. 

No one's sure yet if it's an MCU set, I suppose after getting one a year ago this one's not gonna be MCU based.

Either way, don't wish for things like this, because knowing this theme you'll end up disappointed. 

21 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

No one's sure yet if it's an MCU set, I suppose after getting one a year ago this one's not gonna be MCU based.

Either way, don't wish for things like this, because knowing this theme you'll end up disappointed. 

For me at least, wishes and expectations are two separate things. Do I expect any of this? No.

11 hours ago, Captain_MKA said:

Well if you think about it like this it could be an awesome set but what this theme has taught us (especially during the last 2 years) is that we must set our expectations low. I lost count of how many Marvel sets had a crazy level of potential and ended up being a major disappointment.

15 hours ago, Captain_MKA said:

Most think it's game based, although the hot rod being included makes me think it's not. 

I'll be happy if it's just some pods, the hot rod, and 2-3 new suits.

I wouldn't hope for Stane, Rhodes, or those easter eggs though.

11 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Most think it's game based, although the hot rod being included makes me think it's not. 

I'll be happy if it's just some pods, the hot rod, and 2-3 new suits.

I wouldn't hope for Stane, Rhodes, or those easter eggs though.

There have been MCU-based armors released in comics-inspired sets before. Mainly the Gemini/Starboost and... ehm, the scuba armor. Hammerhead?
So even if the set itself isn't completely based on a Marvel movie, it might still contain an MCU armor or two :sweet:

Regards,
Mitch

36 minutes ago, CF Mitch said:

There have been MCU-based armors released in comics-inspired sets before. Mainly the Gemini/Starboost and... ehm, the scuba armor. Hammerhead?
 So even if the set itself isn't completely based on a Marvel movie, it might still contain an MCU armor or two :sweet:

Exactly. It'd be nice to get some MCU armors and some comic armors simultaneously.

I don't think they'd mix the different styles in one set, but it'd be nice, yeah!

Regards,
Mitch

17 hours ago, Captain_MKA said:

Lego: *reads your comment*

Lego: Now you may THINK you want Iron Monger, but what you REALLY want, is another AIM Agent

1 hour ago, CF Mitch said:

Regards,
Mitch

True, I mean, with the hot rod and stuff it's probably more of an MCU set, even if they throw in aim agents or something, but yeah i'd expect one or 2 MCU armors at least.

1 hour ago, HarryVader said:

Exactly. It'd be nice to get some MCU armors and some comic armors simultaneously.

The only "comic" armor we've ever gotten is the one in the detroit steel strikes set, I'd say it'll probably just be MCU armors and maybe his game suit.

Wasn't there a rumour (just after Toy Fair) that we are getting a set loosely based on the first Iron Man movie? If this rumour is true it could actually include Obadiah Stane / Iron Monger. 

5 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Wasn't there a rumour (just after Toy Fair) that we are getting a set loosely based on the first Iron Man movie? If this rumour is true it could actually include Obadiah Stane / Iron Monger. 

I don't remember that but if it's true that would be really great

24 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

The only "comic" armor we've ever gotten is the one in the detroit steel strikes set

Oh, yeah, that's right... thought there were more...

7 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Oh, really? I guess I missed that. Iron Monger would be cool, but I think I'd kinda prefer the MkIII/IV (basically the same, design-wise) or a proper MkII.

Regards,
Mitch

29 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Even if we get Monger, it’d prob be like an Igor build

Likely, yeah. Or something like the Iron Man Mech, which I suspect might also be what the Hulkbuster will look like (albeit a bit bigger).

Regards,
Mitch

6 minutes ago, HarryVader said:

The most important thing about Iron Monger is getting a figure of Stane, we can always mod the hell out of a pathetic mech build

10 minutes ago, HarryVader said:

That's pretty much what I'm hoping for!

On 5/14/2020 at 9:53 PM, GoldenNinja3000 said:

and probably What If, as characters from What If like T’Challa Star-Lord and Captain Carter would probably be SDCC exclusive figures.

It's a shame that the Steve Rogers WWII Iron-Armour-Buster thing isn't likely to be on the cards. I think people would devour that set. 

Whatever the game-tie-in Hulkbuster looks like, I'm surprised people are stressed that it might use weird parts or look different. Like, counting War Machine, we've had four of them now, three of which were very similar designs. Wouldn't another one in the same style be the boring thing to do? 

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

The most important thing about Iron Monger is getting a figure of Stane, we can always mod the hell out of a pathetic mech build

Bet it'll be angry clone head on Bruce Wayne's body

19 minutes ago, ReversibleSedgewick said:

It's a shame that the Steve Rogers WWII Iron-Armour-Buster thing isn't likely to be on the cards. I think people would devour that set. 

Whatever the game-tie-in Hulkbuster looks like, I'm surprised people are stressed that it might use weird parts or look different. Like, counting War Machine, we've had four of them now, three of which were very similar designs. Wouldn't another one in the same style be the boring thing to do? 

My dream What If set would be a $20 set based on the first episode with that clunky Iron Man suit as the build, Captain Carter, skinny Steve, and Howard Stark as minifigures. The suit could probably be repurposed into Iron Monger as well. 

3 hours ago, ReversibleSedgewick said:

I'm getting a bit tired of Hulkbusters but I'd buy that in a heartbeat! Especially if it came with Peggy as Cap.

My main problem with this new Hulkbuster design is the piece they chose, I'm all for a different approach to differentiate it from previous models but I really don't see how a Buster can end up looking good using that piece. We'll just have to wait and see I guess, I'm definetely not judging it before we've seen pictures though :wink:

2 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

My dream What If set would be a $20 set based on the first episode with that clunky Iron Man suit as the build, Captain Carter, skinny Steve, and Howard Stark as minifigures. The suit could probably be repurposed into Iron Monger as well. 

Make it $30 for a better/larger WWII Buster design and I'm in 

4 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I'm getting a bit tired of Hulkbusters but I'd buy that in a heartbeat! Especially if it came with Peggy as Cap.

My main problem with this new Hulkbuster design is the piece they chose, I'm all for a different approach to differentiate it from previous models but I really don't see how a Buster can end up looking good using that piece. We'll just have to wait and see I guess, I'm definetely not judging it before we've seen pictures though :wink:

Make it $30 for a better/larger WWII Buster design and I'm in 

It’s leaked already?

Edited by DeCommander96
Oh nvm, I misread that

17 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Maybe if they use the Sanctum Sanctorum window piece as the torso so you can seat Iron Man inside it would look good, albeit wide. Using the usual Hulkbuster half-circle head piece might look odd with it though. I just hope it doesn't end up looking like one of those bodybuilders who are wide but have a weird gut with abs on it. As a head though the 6x6 window would look awful. 

That said, I don't think they've made a better Hulkbuster than the first one. What a set that was. Even the UCS one wasn't great, its proportions were more akin to an actual Iron Man suit.

18 minutes ago, Legocity2713 said:

That said, I don't think they've made a better Hulkbuster than the first one. What a set that was. Even the UCS one wasn't great, its proportions were more akin to an actual Iron Man suit.

My personal favorite is the IW version, a very good set overall