Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

44 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Falconfan just posted a video on his story with the question ''how can you make the new Hulkbuster different?''. In the video itself he shows the IW Hulkbuster and the window piece from the IW Sanctum Sanctorum. So imo that either means lego included a Dr Strange figure or they've gone completely nuts and made a Strangebuster

A couple months back he posted the Ninjago Salvage M.E.C. and alluded to the Hulkbuster looking like that. So I don’t think its a Dr. Strange reference, just that that piece is gonna be a major part of the build probably with some Hulkbuster printing.

9 minutes ago, Legocity2713 said:

A couple months back he posted the Ninjago Salvage M.E.C. and alluded to the Hulkbuster looking like that. So I don’t think its a Dr. Strange reference, just that that piece is gonna be a major part of the build probably with some Hulkbuster printing.

Yeah that would make a lot more sense :grin:

51 minutes ago, Legocity2713 said:

I kind of like this idea, makes it more like the comic Hulkbuster.

14 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Why did this make my hopes for this set even lower?

I wasn't expecting much from this set to begin with but there's no way I can see a good looking Hulkbuster with that piece

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

I wasn't expecting much from this set to begin with but there's no way I can see a good looking Hulkbuster with that piece

Now if they made a new smaller version of that piece I think it could work but if they're using that same piece I'm not sure how they can use it at the $40 price point without it being obnoxiously large.

So for clarity the rumors. For starters to those complaining about the same old same old, the rumor I heard was that the hulk buster this year is different then the previous years one. I should have went and found the one of my sets with the smaller version of that piece to use as reference because I am pretty sure it’s the smaller one not larger one 

27 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

So for clarity the rumors. For starters to those complaining about the same old same old, the rumor I heard was that the hulk buster this year is different then the previous years one. I should have went and found the one of my sets with the smaller version of that piece to use as reference because I am pretty sure it’s the smaller one not larger one 

But the past hulkbuster models already use that smaller piece? Because this is the only piece like that windscreen but smaller, https://brickset.com/parts/6244781

But that's the piece that the other hulkbuster heads were, so there would be no difference, in that respect.

I'm confused...

2 minutes ago, NetherCreeper said:

I'm confused...

Same here, it can't be a smaller version of the Sanctum window piece unless it's a brand new mold

7 hours ago, CF Mitch said:

Alright, thanks!
And, yeah, apparently Wanda and Vision will have twins in the series :laugh:

Regards,
Mitch

Cool!

7 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

They have twins in the series, Wiccan and Speed (their names are not officially confirmed tho). You could see their soothers and cradles in the Super Bowl spot.

I remember from the comics, just didn't know they were going to be in the series.

30 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Never mind I am thinking of the same piece confused the two. Yes I think it is the 6 by 6 one 

This is going to be an interesting model, I'm not sure how it'll turn out with a 6x6 head piece.

I honestly don’t see the Falcon series getting pushed back. If Mandalorian is fine, why wouldn’t Falcon? Falcon releases 2 months earlier?

17 minutes ago, Anonknee Muss said:

I honestly don’t see the Falcon series getting pushed back. If Mandalorian is fine, why wouldn’t Falcon? Falcon releases 2 months earlier?

Because unlike The Mandalorian FatWS was still shooting. Mando wrapped up in late february/early march I believe, FatWS got put on hold

38 minutes ago, Anonknee Muss said:

It still has like 2 weeks worth of shooting, so there's no way they are gonna be ready for August.

Mandalorian finished shooting and it's in post production stage, and also it was supposed to come 2 months after TFaTWS.

8 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

It still has like 2 weeks worth of shooting, so there's no way they are gonna be ready for August.

Mandalorian finished shooting and it's in post production stage, and also it was supposed to come 2 months after TFaTWS.

Not to mention they're being produced by two entirely different studios, so it's not at all a longshot that one could be finished first even though it releases later.

9 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Because unlike The Mandalorian FatWS was still shooting. Mando wrapped up in late february/early march I believe, FatWS got put on hold

9 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Oh, I didn’t realise they didn’t finish shooting. Strange that Mandalorian is ahead but being released 2 months later. 

1 hour ago, BigGuy4U said:

Not to mention they're being produced by two entirely different studios, so it's not at all a longshot that one could be finished first even though it releases later.

That makes sense.

7 minutes ago, mgetz said:

so i guess theres no TFaTWS set

I'm 99% certain that there will be a TFaTWS set around the time it eventually releases. I'll be willing to bet money that each of the marvel shows has at least 1 Lego set to go with them, just like all the Star Wars shows will.

Just because it hasn't been announced yet doesn't mean it's not coming. The set might not come out till after the first season releases. Just look at the Lego set that features Baby Yoda. That set come out September- 10 months after The Mandalorian got released.

I think it's silly to say that there will be no TFaTWS Lego set.  I'm pretty sure it's a given that each show will have at least 1 Lego set. The exception being the What If..? show.

We're talking about Disney here. They want to make money, as does Lego.

1 hour ago, JediJosh said:

I'm 99% certain that there will be a TFaTWS set around the time it eventually releases. I'll be willing to bet money that each of the marvel shows has at least 1 Lego set to go with them, just like all the Star Wars shows will.

Just because it hasn't been announced yet doesn't mean it's not coming. The set might not come out till after the first season releases. Just look at the Lego set that features Baby Yoda. That set come out September- 10 months after The Mandalorian got released.

I think it's silly to say that there will be no TFaTWS Lego set.  I'm pretty sure it's a given that each show will have at least 1 Lego set. The exception being the What If..? show.

We're talking about Disney here. They want to make money, as does Lego.

The thing is that:

A: TFaTWS was supposed to release in august, so we would have heard about it by now. 

B: star wars is a whole different thing. We've been getting sets for the CW show after that one went off the air (of course they brought it back this year), and the films themselves of course get tons of sets despite being as much as 40 years old. For marvel, we almost never get sets for a film after it released.

In addition, baby yoda himself is so popular lego wants to capitalize on that, and since he was hidden from merchandise, they couldn't have released that alongside the show, so they've rushed into development some baby yoda-centric sets.

1 minute ago, Mandalorianknight said:

The thing is that:

A: TFaTWS was supposed to release in august, so we would have heard about it by now. 

B: star wars is a whole different thing. We've been getting sets for the CW show after that one went off the air (of course they brought it back this year), and the films themselves of course get tons of sets despite being as much as 40 years old. For marvel, we almost never get sets for a film after it released.

In addition, baby yoda himself is so popular lego wants to capitalize on that, and since he was hidden from merchandise, they couldn't have released that alongside the show, so they've rushed into development some baby yoda-centric sets.

I get that. But if TFaTWS has been delayed til December which it most likely has (though not officially confirmed yet but behind the scenes they will know) then the Lego set would have more than likely been pushed back to.

I will be very surprised if TFaTWS doesn't have a Lego set to go with it. Very, very surprised.

1 minute ago, JediJosh said:

I get that. But if TFaTWS has been delayed til December which it most likely has (though not officially confirmed yet but behind the scenes they will know) then the Lego set would have more than likely been pushed back to.

I will be very surprised if TFaTWS doesn't have a Lego set to go with it. Very, very surprised.

Seeing as it would most likely have come out in june if the series was an august release, we would have heard of the set before it was pushed back.

I think the most we can hope for is that the falcon in the minifigure pack is from TFaTWS.

5 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Seeing as it would most likely have come out in june if the series was an august release, we would have heard of the set before it was pushed back.

I think the most we can hope for is that the falcon in the minifigure pack is from TFaTWS.

Like I said I will be very surprised if it doesn't have a Lego set to go with it.

There's also the possibility Lego was waiting to release a set until after the series came out for whatever reason. We don't have any other Marvel Disney+ shows to go off of, the closest comparison we can make at this point is The Mandalorian, but Marvel and Star Wars are different beasts when it comes to Lego as it's been pointed out already.

Im praying to the lego gods we get atleast one set for each of the disney plus shows, I really have not been too interested in any of the avengers sets this year or the god awful spiderman sets (with the exception of the new minifigures) I just wish Lego would make more MCU based sets because there are so many possibilities for sets and minifigures ranging from the movies we havent gotten sets from to missed oppurtunites like Avengers Endgame. If Star Wars can have sets from 40 year old movies I dont see why Marvel cant have sets for 10 yr old movies. I bet more MCU sets would sell great for kids and collectors like ourselves.

I also think we’ll get a set for the Falcon and the Winter Soldier show at some point. It might not have been scheduled for August, but maybe LEGO was going to make a set for a January 2021 release because that would have allowed for a small wave of Disney+ sets (Falcon, WandaVision, and Loki). I’m still hopeful that we’ll see a set after the series releases. The only series that I think wouldn’t get sets are WandaVision (as right now all we know is that it’s a sitcom and whatever happens in the crazy second half is unknown to us) and probably What If, as characters from What If like T’Challa Star-Lord and Captain Carter would probably be SDCC exclusive figures. I think LEGO will certainly make Disney+ sets at some point in the future, even if it’s not until the 2022 series while they wait to see how popular the shows are.