Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

1 minute ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Why does he have to appear in every single set?

I think right now it mostly has to do with the lack of MCU films in 2020 and the aftermath of Endgame. His popularity has only grown since his demise in Endgame, eventually it'll go back to what it was but as long as there aren't any new films to cover LEGO will force Iron Man onto us with every chance they get. It (mostly) sucks for us but it'll hopefully blow over before this theme eventually ends. I just hope it doesn't take LEGO long to realise we want more new characters and new variants of characters we haven't gotten in years (come on LEGO, give me a new Scarlet Witch already!)

As far as the rumors for the tower go, the 2 mystery figures better be incredible, otherwise that set is a pass. Th jury's out on the hall of armor until we know what it comes with but being $30 increases the likelihood I'll pick it up. Same with the Hulkbuster set, as much as I love the Hulkbuster and mechs in general I'm getting sick of them. The build is going to need to impress me.

9 minutes ago, ToaDraco said:

As far as the rumors for the tower go, the 2 mystery figures better be incredible, otherwise that set is a pass. Th jury's out on the hall of armor until we know what it comes with but being $30 increases the likelihood I'll pick it up. Same with the Hulkbuster set, as much as I love the Hulkbuster and mechs in general I'm getting sick of them. The build is going to need to impress me.

Wether or not I'll pick up the Avengers Tower mostly depends on the build but those 2 mystery figures will definetely influence my decision a bit. Especially considering the only figure I want out of the known selection is Black Widow who now also comes in a $15 set. But after the flying garbagecan LEGO calls a Hellicarrier I'm not expecting much

Edited by Guyon2002

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

Wether or not I'll pick up the Avengers Tower mostly depends on the build but those 2 mystery figures will definetely influence my decision a bit. Especially considering the only figure I want out of the known selection is Black Widow who now also comes in a $15 set. But after the flying garbagecan LEGO calls a Hellicarrier I'm not expecting much

See, the Helicarrier is the one set I'm for sure getting. The figures are awesome, MODOK looks great and while the Helicarrier isn't the greatest, as shown futher back in the thread, it doesn't take a lot of modification to make it look good. For the tower, for sure the build has to be good and of course I'd love to have an Avengers tower in my display but there are a ton of other sets coming out this year from other themes that take priority for me and a lot of them are quite expensive so for me to co sider a $90 tower, it's going to need to blow me away and so far the figure selection doesn't help its chances.

Edited by ToaDraco

I understand that for some people another Ironman set kinda sux, but for kids it's cool and given how popular Ironman is nowadays, it's the norm and Lego will keep on doing it because he's Ironman and MCU.

It's probably gonna be a long shot but getting those suit/armors teased in stickers from the OG one will be epic. But I think Mark 2 is on the top list of most wanted suit.

5 hours ago, InnerRayg said:

You all don't think Marvel's the one that asked them to make game tie-ins?

It probably is, that's a good point.

5 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

From what I've seen so far I'm not a fan. Doesn't anyone think it's weird how Ms Marvel is one of the main characters in the game but not in any of these sets?

I hope it's good but I'm not expecting much, so far 2020 has been one of the worst years in this themes lifespan. 

I've got my money on her being in the tower, but at least as for her not showing up in the january sets, she wasn't in the marketing at all even past the first trailer or two, so it wouldn't surprise me if lego just wasn't given anything at first.

2 hours ago, HarryVader said:

I saw that too. It would be a dream come true if that’s legit

It would also mean it's almost certainly MCU :wink:. I can see them putting stud shooters on it, not really much of an annoyance as they're usually easy to just leave off the set but it would be the epitome of lego marvel.

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

I just hope it doesn't take LEGO long to realise we want more new characters and new variants of characters we haven't gotten in years (come on LEGO, give me a new Scarlet Witch already!)

Yes, we the fans do, but children want their iron men and thors and spider-men because those are the ones they recognize. The "remember, lego is for kids" argument that pops up in the star wars thread from time to time is even more relevant here. Lego doesn't have a UCS line for marvel, I think the iron man bust will be the second marvel set to be made to appeal to adult collectors after the 2015 helicarrier.

10 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Yes, we the fans do, but children want their iron men and thors and spider-men because those are the ones they recognize. The "remember, lego is for kids" argument that pops up in the star wars thread from time to time is even more relevant here. Lego doesn't have a UCS line for marvel, I think the iron man bust will be the second marvel set to be made to appeal to adult collectors after the 2015 helicarrier.

When I was a kid me and my friends would much rather have a bunch of different characters than the same one a 100 times, I doubt that doesn't apply to the current generation :shrug_oh_well:

Edited by Guyon2002

I think kids also want to grow their collection. Back when I was a child I didn't want 10 Luke Skywalkers in my collection, I wanted Luke, Han, Leia, Chewie, Kenobi, R2, Vader, Emperor and many more.

If I was younger and grew up with newer Marvel sets I also wouldn't want 10 Spider-Men or 10 Iron Men, I'd rather have all their unique allies and villains.

10 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

I think people will like the iron man hall of armor extension 

That’s good. I felt that the og one was lacking a little, so hopefully the extension makes it feel more like a quality set. I do hope this one has exclusive figures like the last one. 

4 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

When I was a kid me and my friends would much rather have a bunch of different characters than the same one a 100 times, I doubt that doesn't apply to the current generation :shrug_oh_well:

The thing is they have to make sure the "main cast" is the focus of most sets. And kids can't buy every set in the wave, either, so it's not like they're that impacted by Iron man showing up ore than once. You give any kid an option between iron man and stingray, they'll choose iron man

3 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

I think people will like the iron man hall of armor extension 

I'm starting to think they could make a set with the core avengers roster for like $5 and people would still complain about it.

I'm pretty excited for a HoA extension though.

3 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I think kids also want to grow their collection. Back when I was a child I didn't want 10 Luke Skywalkers in my collection, I wanted Luke, Han, Leia, Chewie, Kenobi, R2, Vader, Emperor and many more.

But that's the thing, you wanted those major characters, not Admiral Piett or Nic Sant (nvm that got retconned to be rex), we'll say Orrimaarko. Kids want the main avengers and can't buy every set in a wave, so they repeat the more valuable figures instead of throwing in random heroes or villians no kid would know about. Like I said above, kids would rather have Iron Man than some obscure hero.

Edited by Mandalorianknight
Just realized what page we're on. The time has come...execute order...sixty-six

2 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I'm starting to think they could make a set with the core avengers roster for like $5 and people would still complain about it.

If they were all repeats or new versions that had anything less than printing on every inch of them with dual molded arms and legs, you better believe it :laugh:

I’m not thrilled to be getting another Hall of Armor so soon, but the Disney+ shows are almost definitely being delayed and there’s still time for them to get sets later. The Mandalorian only got one set before release and it’s gotten 4 and counting after release with the best parts of the show. I’m excited for the armory set because we can get awesome new Iron Man suits and I wouldn’t have been disappointed at all if we had known about it since the beginning, but I think people (myself included) feel a bit cheated because we expected a Disney+ set and instead it seems to be just a smaller version of a good set we got a year ago. 

45 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I think people (myself included) feel a bit cheated because we expected a Disney+ set and instead it seems to be just a smaller version of a good set we got a year ago. 

You summed it up perfectly. Couldn’t have said it better myself.

12 hours ago, Legocity2713 said:

My bad, I didn't mean to sound entitled. I just meant that since Lego made a sticker of the Striker armor in the original HoA, it would be cool to have it in this set.

As for Ashnflash's video, he also said that his source said Tony Stark's hot rod is coming in the set. Very interested to see what happens.

No worries man, I understand what you were trying to say now.

Hot Rod? Now that would be awesome. An 8 stud wide one like the SC cars would be a great choice in my opinion.

3 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I’m not thrilled to be getting another Hall of Armor so soon, but the Disney+ shows are almost definitely being delayed and there’s still time for them to get sets later. The Mandalorian only got one set before release and it’s gotten 4 and counting after release with the best parts of the show. I’m excited for the armory set because we can get awesome new Iron Man suits and I wouldn’t have been disappointed at all if we had known about it since the beginning, but I think people (myself included) feel a bit cheated because we expected a Disney+ set and instead it seems to be just a smaller version of a good set we got a year ago. 

Mandalorian hasn’t been delayed as they finished filming before the lockdowns.

3 hours ago, Anonknee Muss said:

He's on about the marvel shows being delayed not The Mandalorian

18 hours ago, HarryVader said:

I think most people got into the character of Iron Man due to Robert Downey Jr's portrayal of him in the MCU movies. Not that the comic Iron Man is not cool, but I think most casual fans would prefer the MCU Iron Man toys to the comic ones. One thing is for sure though, no one, and I mean no one, is into the SquareEnix Iron Man. His suit design is horrible and his face design is beyond bad.

Speak for yourself. The armor looks great if you ask me, and the face resembles Tony Stark's face from both comics and MCU. It's somewhat different, sure, but none of his comic appearances ever look the same either, if I recall correctly. This is just another variety in design, nothing wrong with it. 

Does anyone know when we could be expecting images of the upcoming sets? :blush: 

Regards,
Mitch

4 hours ago, Anonknee Muss said:

38 minutes ago, JediJosh said:

He's on about the marvel shows being delayed not The Mandalorian

Yeah, I’m talking about the Marvel shows only, sorry if that wasn’t clear. The Mandalorian is just fine but there’s no way Falcon and the Winter Soldier can release in August and although WandaVision is done filming, I doubt they’d move up the release to August since Doctor Strange 2 now releases in March 2022. Hopefully we get sets when they do release, I wouldn’t be surprised if they skipped sets for WandaVision (although I would be sad), but I think Falcon and the Winter Soldier definitely needs at least one set. 

25 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Yeah, I’m talking about the Marvel shows only, sorry if that wasn’t clear. The Mandalorian is just fine but there’s no way Falcon and the Winter Soldier can release in August and although WandaVision is done filming, I doubt they’d move up the release to August since Doctor Strange 2 now releases in March 2022. Hopefully we get sets when they do release, I wouldn’t be surprised if they skipped sets for WandaVision (although I would be sad), but I think Falcon and the Winter Soldier definitely needs at least one set. 

I know it won't happen, but I would love to get a set for WandaVision similar to the set for Friends, with camera na lights, like it's on the set/production.

Just imagine an amazing house display with many details, plus Wanda, Vision, twins and Kevin Feige as minfigures. 

2 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I know it won't happen, but I would love to get a set for WandaVision similar to the set for Friends, with camera na lights, like it's on the set/production.

Just imagine an amazing house display with many details, plus Wanda, Vision, twins and Kevin Feige as minfigures. 

That’d be sick. I would be happy with a small diorama set with one side being part of their living room and the other whatever crazy stuff they do in the second half of that season.

14 hours ago, BigGuy4U said:

If they were all repeats or new versions that had anything less than printing on every inch of them with dual molded arms and legs, you better believe it :laugh:

"um, the new captain america only has dual-molded arms and legs with arm printing and printing on the front of the legs, not the sides? Lego's so lazy!!!!"

8 hours ago, Anonknee Muss said:

Phew! Glad that one, at least, wasn't delayed. (though I might be biased, based on my name and PFP)

3 hours ago, CF Mitch said:

Speak for yourself. The armor looks great if you ask me, and the face resembles Tony Stark's face from both comics and MCU. It's somewhat different, sure, but none of his comic appearances ever look the same either, if I recall correctly. This is just another variety in design, nothing wrong with it. 

Does anyone know when we could be expecting images of the upcoming sets? :blush: 

Regards,
Mitch

I agree the armor's not that bad. 
I'd say about 2 months from when the helicarrier leaked, since they release in august. June, maybe?

They'll probably leak about the same time as the star wars sets.

3 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

"twins"?

1 minute ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I'd say about 2 months from when the helicarrier leaked, since they release in august. June, maybe?

They'll probably leak about the same time as the star wars sets.

"twins"?

Alright, thanks!
And, yeah, apparently Wanda and Vision will have twins in the series :laugh:

Regards,
Mitch

14 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

"twins"?

They have twins in the series, Wiccan and Speed (their names are not officially confirmed tho). You could see their soothers and cradles in the Super Bowl spot.

Edited by THELEGOBATMAN

Falconfan just posted a video on his story with the question ''how can you make the new Hulkbuster different?''. In the video itself he shows the IW Hulkbuster and the window piece from the IW Sanctum Sanctorum. So imo that either means lego included a Dr Strange figure or they've gone completely nuts and made a Strangebuster