Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

6 hours ago, JediJosh said:

Did you guys see the Lego Medusa, Lockjaw and Black Bolt someone uploaded on the LegoLeaks instagram page. I know there not official Lego figures but man I wish they were!!!

Especially that Lockjaw.

Funny, his name was Josh too.........

5 hours ago, JediJosh said:

Did you guys see the Lego Medusa, Lockjaw and Black Bolt someone uploaded on the LegoLeaks instagram page. I know there not official Lego figures but man I wish they were!!!

Especially that Lockjaw.

always annoys me when people post their own stuff to the legoleaks hashtag. If it's not real lego, don't post it! Especially when it looks vaguely like something lego would put out (though the specific figures that showed up weren't that good IMO)

To try to add some relevance, speaking of the inhumans, it is a shame we probably won't see them in sets for a long time, since their MCU debut failed and LEGO seems to mainly do figures who also appear in the MCU, even if it's the comic version.

54 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

always annoys me when people post their own stuff to the legoleaks hashtag. If it's not real lego, don't post it! Especially when it looks vaguely like something lego would put out (though the specific figures that showed up weren't that good IMO)

To try to add some relevance, speaking of the inhumans, it is a shame we probably won't see them in sets for a long time, since their MCU debut failed and LEGO seems to mainly do figures who also appear in the MCU, even if it's the comic version.

Or worse, when it has nothing to do with Lego at all...

2 hours ago, steveholt said:

Funny, his name was Josh too.........

Funny but I'm not that sad and pathetic lol.

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I 100% agree with you about people posting their own random crap and using that hashtag. It's just that Medusa and Lockjaw impressed the hell out of me.

3 hours ago, JediJosh said:

Funny but I'm not that sad and pathetic lol.

I 100% agree with you about people posting their own random crap and using that hashtag. It's just that Medusa and Lockjaw impressed the hell out of me.

Those figs are clearly fake/customized, but I agree 100% it's extremely annoying when people misuse/abuse the legoleaks hashtag.

@JediJosh That Lockjaw is amazing. They are of course not the real deal legowise, but i personally don’t care. 
If you want to pay some more you can always buy customs (or if you want to pay less you can buy the knockoff customs), but a lot of people overhere are really against it. 

On 5/5/2020 at 8:01 PM, Mandalorianknight said:

There are actually rumors of the Inhuman royal family being rebooted in the Ms. Marvel Disney+ series, as Kamala will still be an Inhuman in the MCU, so they’d be removing the ABC show from MCU continuity. I’d love to see them as figures, especially Medusa with a new hair mold! 

On 5/6/2020 at 4:50 PM, Borex said:

@JediJosh That Lockjaw is amazing. They are of course not the real deal legowise, but i personally don’t care. 
If you want to pay some more you can always buy customs (or if you want to pay less you can buy the knockoff customs), but a lot of people overhere are really against it. 

I'm against it myself. I only have official Lego figures in my collection. i just hope maybe one day Lego make a Lockjaw like that

5 hours ago, JediJosh said:

I'm against it myself. I only have official Lego figures in my collection. i just hope maybe one day Lego make a Lockjaw like that

I think the designers would like that as well, but i just don’t see it happen. Unless he is venomized and brickbuild :-/

11 hours ago, JediJosh said:

I have a huge custom collection - including multiple Lockjaws, Medusas, and Blackbolt.

The problem with collecting customs is now the quality of the customs has SURPASSED the quality of genuine Lego. Official Lego Marvel minifigures have been lackluster to me for years (with notable exceptions like Infinity War).

• Official Marvel minifigures - rarely new molds, lacks leg and arm printing, reused face, everything is Venom, Iron Man, or Spider-man.
  • Custom minifigures - professionally pad printed, indistiguishable from real Lego, leg printing, arm printing, side leg printing, custom molds (Lockjaw himself is a custom mold!), obscure characters
On 5/5/2020 at 1:15 PM, JediJosh said:

Especially that Lockjaw.

*narrows eyes* Josh?

You didn't happen to buy a Lockjaw from me, did you?

4 hours ago, Im_the_Juggernaut_Bricks said:

I have a huge custom collection - including multiple Lockjaws, Medusas, and Blackbolt.

The problem with collecting customs is now the quality of the customs has SURPASSED the quality of genuine Lego. Official Lego Marvel minifigures have been lackluster to me for years (with notable exceptions like Infinity War).

• Official Marvel minifigures - rarely new molds, lacks leg and arm printing, reused face, everything is Venom, Iron Man, or Spider-man.
  • Custom minifigures - professionally pad printed, indistiguishable from real Lego, leg printing, arm printing, side leg printing, custom molds (Lockjaw himself is a custom mold!), obscure characters

*narrows eyes* Josh?

No I didn't. I would love that Lockjaw but I only have official Lego in my collection.

On 5/8/2020 at 8:07 AM, Im_the_Juggernaut_Bricks said:

Are you a customiser? I love customs. My budget doesn’t allow me to really dive into that part of lego love, but there is some cool stuff out there. 

Not thrilled with the 2HY lineup this year, particularly the 4+ tower, but we still are yet to see that Iron Man Helmet with the unknown set number, and I have high hopes for the 18+ line. :)

3 hours ago, Azani said:

Not thrilled with the 2HY lineup this year, particularly the 4+ tower, but we still are yet to see that Iron Man Helmet with the unknown set number, and I have high hopes for the 18+ line. :)

It's 76165 tho.

Really great that we are getting this minfig pack, I love those.

18 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Wait, wasn't 40418 supposed to be a BrickHeadz set though? *huh*

It was originally though to be but turns out it’s not 

50 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

40418: Falcon and Black Widow with 2 AIM agents, Black Widow (repeat) and new Falcon with brickbuilt wings. Retails for $15 with June 1st release.

Info from @Falconfan1414

That sounds really good for the minifigs and price alone, I assume it's based on the game?

2 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

It was originally though to be but turns out it’s not 

Interesting... the other sets surrounding it are still Brickheadz though, right? The Hagrid & Buckbeak one has to be, but what about that Hogwarts student set...? *oh2*

On 5/7/2020 at 11:07 PM, Im_the_Juggernaut_Bricks said:

That’s because LEGO has other costs & concerns than just minifigures. Comparing customs to officials is just as pointless as& dumb as comparing MOC’s to official sets. 

21 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Interesting... the other sets surrounding it are still Brickheadz though, right? The Hagrid & Buckbeak one has to be, but what about that Hogwarts student set...? *oh2*

Just imagine a minifigure pack with four generic students but with robes for each house... That would be incredible. But even better, what if they weren't generic students but named students that we had low chances of getting anyways?

1 hour ago, BigGuy4U said:

That sounds really good for the minifigs and price alone, I assume it's based on the game?

I would assume so as 3/4 figures are reused from the game sets

Several things:

1) Kind of irritated by more game sets, although I love that Black Widow figure. Imagine if this set is a pack with Falcon, Bucky, Zemo and US Agent though (Lego needs to give more love to MCU products)...

2) Extremely excited to hear that Lego is doing "battle packs" with Marvel. I wonder if they'll be like Star Wars battle packs with small builds or the Spider-Man museum one with just minifigs and minuscule accessories as builds.

3) Is this the speculated Falcon and Winter Soldier set? Does this mean our chance for a F+WS set is diminished again?

Edited by HarryVader

9 minutes ago, HarryVader said:

Several things:

1) Kind of irritated by more game sets, although I love that Black Widow figure. Imagine if this set is a pack with Falcon, Bucky, Zemo and US Agent though (Lego needs to give more love to MCU products)...

2) Extremely excited to hear that Lego is doing "battle packs" with Marvel. I wonder if they'll be like Star Wars battle packs with small builds or the Spider-Man museum one with just minifigs and minuscule accessories as builds.

3) Is this the speculated Falcon and Winter Soldier set? Does this mean our chance for a F+WS set is diminished again?

1) Crap.... another chance to get Red Guardian wasted :ugh:

2) It's like the FFH pack, not a traditional set

3) It's not, this is the long rumored Brickheadz set that turned out not to be a Brickheadz set

The Falcon better be actually new, unlike the "new" FFH Nick Fury on the Helicarrier. The brick-built wings is cool, though I would prefer just a single mold, like the Civil War Falcon.

Also, HarryVader, I don't think this is the speculated F&WS set. I remember hearing somewhere that the F&WS set would be a 30 dollar set. I am glad that this is a cheaper way to get the Black Widow though.

The F&WS set is most likely going to have Falcon, Bucky, and Zemo, so no US Agent. Darn.