Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

46 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Yeah, he's supposed to be an enormous head, this isn't meant to be winter-soldier levels of realism.

You’re thinking of Arnim Zola.

Just now, JediJosh said:

MODOK wasn't in Winter Soldier

Obviously he wasn’t, but he means that the movie was very serious for a comic book superhero movie and approached ridiculous things in a realistic manner. 

Just now, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Obviously he wasn’t, but he means that the movie was very serious for a comic book superhero movie and approached ridiculous things in a realistic manner. 

I think he was referring to Arnim Zola being a realistic version of MODOK when in fact they are two separate characters.

20 minutes ago, ReversibleSedgewick said:

Sticking in pin in what people do or don't like - From a product development point of view it is just so weird that they had a specific head that was made for MODOK, could only really ever be used on MODOK, and now they're not using it for MODOK. Someone somewhere must be having a fit about that. 

Quinjet shrinkflation continues at an alarming rate. By next year I'm assuming we'll have hit the singularity and we'll need to donate a Quinjet to Lego in order to acquire the rest of a set. 

It's not really that weird, lots of characters have unique molds that don't really work for anyone else that eventually get replaced.

22 minutes ago, ReversibleSedgewick said:

Sticking in pin in what people do or don't like - From a product development point of view it is just so weird that they had a specific head that was made for MODOK, could only really ever be used on MODOK, and now they're not using it for MODOK. Someone somewhere must be having a fit about that. 

It's actually not weird at all, it makes perfect sense. This specific piece hasn't been produced since late 2015 so using an existing piece instead of resurrecting an expensive one-off mold saves lego a lot of money.

13 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

using an existing piece instead of resurrecting an expensive one-off mold saves lego a lot of money.

Works both ways though; in that case I'd expect someone somewhere is having a fit that the piece got made in the first place!

2 hours ago, JediJosh said:

MODOK wasn't in Winter Soldier

I just meant winter soldier was a very realistic film when compared to anything else marvel's done.

2 hours ago, ReversibleSedgewick said:

Quinjet shrinkflation continues at an alarming rate. By next year I'm assuming we'll have hit the singularity and we'll need to donate a Quinjet to Lego in order to acquire the rest of a set. 

The real issues here :laugh:. End quinjet shrinkflation! 

2 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

This is 100% what I meant! I'm not an idiot, I know MODOK is the flying head and Arnim Zola is the robot with a tv in it's chest that a dead human speaks through. 

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

It's actually not weird at all, it makes perfect sense. This specific piece hasn't been produced since late 2015 so using an existing piece instead of resurrecting an expensive one-off mold saves lego a lot of money.

Also, that piece doesn't work for lots of versions of MODOK. Most versions have the chair thing literally part of MODOK, where that was just a normal minifigure, albeit with a weird head, in a chair.

11 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Depends on the interpretation of him, I think this is still pretty comics accurate.

Yeah, he's supposed to be an enormous head, this isn't meant to be winter-soldier levels of realism.

Of course MODOKS’s not supposed to be realistic, I just think his design is ridiculous, even by comic standards :laugh: Imagine this: you first come across the name MODOK somewhere for the very first time and then read up the acronym. Now think of what this character could look like based on the name (personally, I thought of something Terminator-like). And then you see a picture of a giant Joker-like face fused to a chair with baby-sized extremities and a silly haircut to boot :head_back:

Just now, Legoman123 said:

Hopefully we can see the Avengers Tower soon, I am surprised we haven’t already. 

The sets we’ve seen so far are going to be released in June, whereas the AT and Hulkbuster sets are scheduled for August, which is why we won’t see them for a while :wink:

You can find back of box pictures on brickfever.

The giant gap at the back is to put MODOK in. :laugh:

Just now, Thieda said:

You can find back of box pictures on brickfever.

The giant gap at the back is to put MODOK in. :laugh:

I don’t know why, but that looks hilarious to me :head_back: At least he can enjoy the view back there :tongue: 

And the mystery of the yellow plates continues: in the s@h-style picture they’re all stacked on top of each other :wacko:

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

I don’t know why, but that looks hilarious to me :head_back: At least he can enjoy the view back there :tongue: 

And the mystery of the yellow plates continues: in the s@h-style picture they’re all stacked on top of each other :wacko:

I don't think there is a proper interior as it would be shown on the back.

I feel like since Endgame the majority of Marvel sets have just been very underwhelming, I know they are targeted for kids but looking at the infinity war sets they where meant for kids too but still had great builds in all of the sets in my opinion.

https://www.brickfever.nl/themes/marvel-super-heroes

Guys look at all this stuff. So many sets.

76165 Iron Man Bust - 60€, June 1st

76164 Marvel Super Heroes Avengers 6 - 40€, August 1st

76166 Marvel Super Heroes Avengers 8 - 90€, August 1st

76167 Marvel Super Heroes 9 - 30€, August 1st

76145 Marvel Super Heroes 1 - 10€, October 1st

76154 Marvel Super Heroes 4 - 20€, October 1st

76155 Marvel Super Heroes 5 - 60€, October 1st

76156 Marvel Super Heroes 6 - 100€, October 1st

So Iron Man bust is coming in June, weird that it didn't leak with other sets. Last four are definitely Eternals sets, but they could have been moved to January 2021. Avengers sets are Hulkbuster and Avengers Tower. 

But there's a big reveal - There's one more August set *huh*. Maybe it was/is The Falcon and The Winter Soldier set?

7 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

But there's a big reveal - There's one more August set *huh*. Maybe it was/is The Falcon and The Winter Soldier set?

*oh2* That would be amazing! ...or it could be another Venom set :tongue: Venom shark, Venom rhino or Venom squid anyone?

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

*oh2* That would be amazing! ...or it could be another Venom set :tongue: Venom shark, Venom rhino or Venom squid anyone?

I don't think they would make another Venom set two months after a Venomosaurus... or would they?

Instead of giving us a proper interior we get a giant useless cell for MODOK... but I must say this set has grown on me, still not a fan of it tho.

14 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

And yet they still expect the consumer to spend a lot of money on their products. I like the silly comic style MODOK better and don’t be surprised if the new one only has a sticker for his face.

I can't get over how amazing that Black Widow figure is, finally a fig that does her justice! While the Helicarrier itself has grown on me a little I still really don't like it.

Just now, Only Sinner said:

And yet they still expect the consumer to spend a lot of money on their products. I like the silly comic style MODOK better and don’t be surprised if the new one only has a sticker for his face.

Every single time they've used that piece for a face it has been printed so they'll most likely have done the same thing here

2 hours ago, Thieda said:

I don't think there is a proper interior as it would be shown on the back.

That's definitely odd. I expected the rooftop to be removable. At least the front windshield must me removable, right? With a cockpit for Fury to command the Helicarrier? If there is no interior besides the prison cell, there must be a play feature/ mechanism inside all that space.

On 4/26/2020 at 5:31 AM, Walter529a said:

Am I the only one who thinks that the helivarrier has a feature that if you roll it in the ground the rotors will spin? I don't know, it seems something LEGO would do in order to not have an interior… 

Looks like this person got it right. Hail the prophet!

So, the Harry Potter sets have pictures now.

one of Them is a build able hedwig

im thinking it will be a similar build to the iron man bust.

If anyone (like me) is bothered by lack of a roof at the back of the Helicarrier, I simply suggest 2 of these pieces. A little extra modification would be required, but you could still keep the satellite dish

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=52031&idColor=11#T=C&C=11

12 minutes ago, DeCommander96 said:

So, the Harry Potter sets have pictures now.

one of Them is a build able hedwig

im thinking it will be a similar build to the iron man bust.

The Boba Fett/Stormtrooper busts are probably a better comparison

3 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

https://www.brickfever.nl/themes/marvel-super-heroes

Guys look at all this stuff. So many sets.

76165 Iron Man Bust - 60€, June 1st

76164 Marvel Super Heroes Avengers 6 - 40€, August 1st

76166 Marvel Super Heroes Avengers 8 - 90€, August 1st

76145 Marvel Super Heroes 1 - 10€, October 1st

76154 Marvel Super Heroes 4 - 20€, October 1st

76155 Marvel Super Heroes 5 - 60€, October 1st

76156 Marvel Super Heroes 6 - 100€, October 1st

So Iron Man bust is coming in June, weird that it didn't leak with other sets. Last four are definitely Eternals sets, but they could have been moved to January 2021. Avengers sets are Hulkbuster and Avengers Tower. 

I noticed that too, but filming was ceased due to Covid, so a set might not release until next year

4 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Possibly for stacking underneath the set for the illusion of flight? Particularly since it seems like it might as standard be on wheels like 75103 First Order Transporter.

14 minutes ago, ReversibleSedgewick said:

Possibly for stacking underneath the set for the illusion of flight? Particularly since it seems like it might as standard be on wheels like 75103 First Order Transporter.

This makes no sense, they would include transparent pieces for that.