Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Just now, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Do you honestly consider this Helicarrier and MODOK perfect? Huh.

I'm okay with you liking those btw, I'm happy for you. Wish I wasn't as disappointed as I am.

For a like $130 price I think it’s as perfect as it could be 

I'd say January sets were more disappointing with only like 7 new minifigs (counting Spider-Man sets), but this is for sure in top 3 most disappointing Marvel waves.

There are worse waves then this

Just now, Falconfan1414 said:

For a like $130 price I think it’s as perfect as it could be 

Really? I feel like they could’ve easily fixed the rotors to be more recessed and found a solution for the open back without adding many pieces and changing the price point. I think the main part of the build looks great for sure but the rotors are a big flaw. 

Just now, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Really? I feel like they could’ve easily fixed the rotors to be more recessed and found a solution for the open back without adding many pieces and changing the price point. I think the main part of the build looks great for sure but the rotors are a big flaw. 

It also has a interior which i think is great

Honestly, one has to wonder why Lego decided not to make more Endgame sets. We got 3 minifigs of an UGLY video game Iron Man design (cool minifig, but terrible original design) but only 1 minifig of Mark 85 in an overpriced compound set... The game's designs are terrible but it's getting more sets than Endgame itself... why not spend this effort elsewhere and give us Bro Thor and Mjonir Cap??? Is the MCU license somehow more expensive? Does Lego just hate Endgame? Why is it that all the other toy companies are making new waves of movie-accurate Endgame merchandise but Lego is pushing out waves and waves of SquareEnix Avengers toys???? Sorry for the rant but I'm so confused and frustrated.

Edited by HarryVader

Note:

Please do not post any links to these set images, even if they’re from vendor sites.

Lego will consider them leaks and then complain about it to EB.

Feel free to discuss—but no links!

Thanks! :thumbup:

Yeah rotors is the biggest problem of the set, minifigure scale hellicarrier is really hard to pull off. 

Damn, I wish I didn't expect too much. I should have learned from the past lol. But looking forward to get this figures. 

Just now, HarryVader said:

Honestly, one has to wonder why Lego decided not to make more Endgame sets.

Because LEGO doesn't decide these things. 

Wow, I don't really like any of these sets. I haven't bought any Marvel sets since last spring, looks like the streak will continue.

This is getting absolutely ridiculous. Thousands, THOUSANDS, of characters and LEGO keeps releasing the same tired characters 5, 6, 7+ times. Honestly, a fourth Captain Marvel and War Machine. WHO. THE. HELL. CARES? Give us new characters! 

I’m furious. What a constant slap in the face! What an absolute waste of character slots. 

Edited by PARED

Honestly, one has to wonder why Lego decided not to make more Endgame sets. We got 3 minifigs of an UGLY video game Iron Man design but only 1 minifig of Mark 85 in an overpriced compound set... The game's designs are terrible but it's getting more sets than Endgame itself... why not spend this effort elsewhere and give us Bro Thor and Mjonir Cap??? Is the MCU license somehow more expensive? Does Lego just hate Endgame? Why is it that all the other toy companies are making new waves of movie-accurate Endgame merchandise but Lego is pushing out waves and waves of SquareEnix Avengers toys???? Sorry for the rant but I'm so frustrated.

I kinda agree, it could have been nice to see those needed variant of characters that we won't probably see in the next few years. Ah well, it is what it is. 

Just now, PARED said:

This is getting absolutely ridiculous. Thousands, THOUSANDS, of characters and LEGO keeps releasing the same tired characters 5, 6, 7+ times. Honestly, a fourth Captain Marvel and War Machine. WHO. THE. HELL. CARES? Give us new characters! 

I'm happy with getting new variants of Capt. Marvel and War Machine, but I agree. They need to give us more characters. SO MANY REPEATS

4 minutes ago, HalfBloodPrince said:

There are worse waves then this

Which for example? This January wave is the only one I can think of.

I still remember the disappointment finding out that not only was Jan wave not Endgame wave 2, but it's also just a bunch of random mechs and vehicles (I did like the Thanos mech though)...

I still remember the disappointment finding out that not only was Jan wave not Endgame wave 2, but it's also just a bunch of random mechs and vehicles (I did like the Thanos mech though)...

Spider-Man January wave was even more disappointing. 3 new minifigs in 5 sets, with more random Spider-Man vehicles.

Spider-Man January wave was even more disappointing. 3 new minifigs in 5 sets, with more random Spider-Man vehicles.

Haha especially that bike with 8 legs

27 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I thought it couldn't get worse... Why is it even called a tower? Builds suck, even for a 4+ set, and today's 4+ JW set proves that a 4+ set can have good builds. 

Ok yeah I lost my hope in this wave.

It's a 4+ set, the build is supposed to be simple. yes, it's an awful build, but there's another tower in this wave that isn't 4+ if you want something that looks remotely good.

18 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Who said this would be the best Marvel wave yet? It's terrible

We've seen 2 sets (unless the others leaked, if they have LMK!), one of which is 4+ and the other of which really doesn't look that bad. It's not the greatest helicarrier, but it's miles better than the endgame wave and all the figures, which let's be real are the main reason people buy most marvel sets, are great.

Please convince yourself that Tower and Hulkbuster is gonna be whack so that you won't hope for too much. Atleast you won't be disappointed this time.

1 minute ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

The Jan 2020 wave, the endgame wave ( Extremely dissapointing), the 2014 spiderman wave, and the 2019 spiderman wave (The only good one was the venom set)

2018 was honestly the last good Lego marvel year 

Edited by HalfBloodPrince

Eh looks like the usual superhero wave of subpar builds with decent/cool figures. The figures actually look pretty nice actually and I like the new updated war machine. I wish he came in a cheaper set though. 

Is that supposed to be the same Helicarrier as the UCS one or are there multiple Helicarriers that look different from each other?

Just now, SpiderJazz said:

Please convince yourself that Tower and Hulkbuster is gonna be whack so that you won't hope for too much. Atleast you won't be disappointed this time.

I expect Hulkbuster to be larger version of Iron Man mech and tower to be a larger version of the 4+ one... maybe I'll be happy when the other 2 sets get revealed

Just now, Terrasher said:

Is that supposed to be the same Helicarrier as the UCS one or are there multiple Helicarriers that look different from each other?

UCS is MCU, this new one is based on the game

I expect Hulkbuster to be larger version of Iron Man mech and tower to be a larger version of the 4+ one... maybe I'll be happy when the other 2 sets get revealed

Right now, I'm giving the tower the benefit of the doubt. Hahahahahahaha. We'll see. I'm not to keen about new Red Skull, for all we know those 2 agents gonna be AIM. I wonder who the 2 minifigures are. 

Just now, HalfBloodPrince said:

The Jan 2020 wave, the endgame wave ( Extremely dissapointing), the 2014 spiderman wave, and the 2019 spiderman wave (The only good one was the venom set)

2018 was honestly the last good Lego marvel year 

I mentioned Jan 2020 wave in my original comment. Endgame wave was disappointing, I'll have to wait for August sets to decide which one was more disappointing for me. 2014 Spider-Man wave was definitely better, the builds were cool and it gave us many new characters/ variants, like MJ, Electro, Green Goblin or Doc Ock. 2018 Spider-Man wave wa salso definitely better, it gave us so many amazing minfigs - new Spidey, new Miles, Spider-Man 2099, Spider-Gwen, new Venom, new Sandman, new Green Goblin, new Doc Ock and new Vulture, along with that fantastic Venom mech.