Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Love it. I'm interested to see the new armor piece.

I think the old Iron Man helmet is great for a realistic movie design, but the new piece is better for sleek comic book designs 

I hope they use flip ups for more MCU suits (in the future if ever) and stay with this mold for comic/TV Series.

3 hours ago, JediJosh said:

How come all the iron man and war machine helmets are one piece now and don't flip up like the old ones. I prefer the helmets that flip up like that. Looks more like Iron Man in my onion compared to him with a full helmet like the one that came in the Iron Man mech.

Then again I preferred the old Ant Man helmet. Thought it had way more detail then the Endgame one.

I'll have to agree with your comment about Iron Man. I preferred Endgame Ant-Man to previous mold because the new mold actually looks good. I like sleek Iron Man designs but the Invincible Iron Man helmet is just ugly in my opinion. Sorry if I rambled too much about the helmet. I love the print on it I just don't like the mold.

Edited by HarryVader

I also very much prefer the flip-up helmet (as seen on my copy of the Mark 45 from that set with the 3 Ultron figures in it) to the single-piece helmet.

I think that while OG helmet works better for MCU Iron Man, other variants benefit from it, it's much more sleek. Just look at how much worse Avengers Video Game Iron Man looks with flip-up helmet (look at January box).

10 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I think that while OG helmet works better for MCU Iron Man, other variants benefit from it, it's much more sleek. Just look at how much worse Avengers Video Game Iron Man looks with flip-up helmet (look at January box).

I think Lego should come up with an improved helmet for comic Iron Man figures though...

War Machine looks great with this helmet. It does look better on sleeker suits like the video game one, but I prefer the functionality of the flipping one and the newer one can look a bit too flat since all of the detail on the front is just printed. 

On 4/17/2020 at 2:52 PM, PRbrickbuilder said:

Yeah, according to the Promobricks post, there is an Iron Man in each set (in Helicarrier, in the two towers and in the Hulkbuster), besides War Machine and possibly Rescue.

Ugh, if we don't get at least one new suit that'll be seriously annoying.

I agree with what appears to be the majority opinion here that the MCU helmet mold is better for MCU and comic mold is better for comics.

My guess is that we'll get the same figure in the helicarrier and the big tower. Just rescue in the Hulkbuster (or has it been confirmed we'll get both)? And a new Iron Man in the 4+ tower (although possibly without leg printing) as I assume that one is based on the mcu.

7 minutes ago, Huigberts Builds said:

My guess is that we'll get the same figure in the helicarrier and the big tower. Just rescue in the Hulkbuster (or has it been confirmed we'll get both)? And a new Iron Man in the 4+ tower (although possibly without leg printing) as I assume that one is based on the mcu.

4+ tower isn’t mcu based I’m pretty sure

Just now, Falconfan1414 said:

It's not? I assumed so because of the new Loki wearing his mcu armor (or at least something really similar). Interesting. Still I hope the Iron Man in the 4+ one will at least be different. These pictures can't come soon enough :moar:

2 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Well if Captain Marvel is in both sets with the same appearance, no way the sets are MCU. And they wouldn't throw a random MCU Loki in a comic book set

The Loki figure does look a lot like his costume in the first Thor, but its actually different. It might be based off the game, he did appear in one of the tie in comics, but there isn't a good look at his costume

5 hours ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Well if Captain Marvel is in both sets with the same appearance, no way the sets are MCU. And they wouldn't throw a random MCU Loki in a comic book set

The Loki figure does look a lot like his costume in the first Thor, but its actually different. It might be based off the game, he did appear in one of the tie in comics, but there isn't a good look at his costume

Yeah, all sets this wave besides maybe the iron man bust are game/comic sets.

I gotta say this looks really bad. Like January wave bad. Helicarrier looks blocky, kind of like 90's 4+ set. I really hate this build. MODOK is even worse tho. Words can't describe how bad he looks. Minifigs are great tho.

Edited by THELEGOBATMAN

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

I'm just gonna say it: the helicarrier is awfull

Right? With this piece count they could make a fantastic, big but sleek build. But no, they decided to make a blocky piece of garbage.

And no new cannon mould for War Machine from what I can see. Well, at least Black Widow gets a good amount of detailing.

Just now, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Right? With this piece count they could make a fantastic, big but sleek build. But no, they decided to make a blocky piece of garbage.

And no new cannon mould for War Machine from what I can see. Well, at least Black Widow gets a good amount of detailing.

I haven't really taken a good look at them with the Jurassic World setpictures leaking and all that but my first impression was ''giant 2x4 with little flappy wings''

Wow that helicarrier set is VERY nice. You obviously can’t compare this build to the “UCS” version so I won’t even try but it looks great and the figures are wonderful! Man, I’m just not sure marvel will fit into my budget this year. Super heroes always comes after Harry Potter and Star Wars for me so it’s gonna be tough. I may have to move so things around on my priority budget list

Just now, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Wow that helicarrier set is VERY nice. You obviously can’t compare this build to the “UCS” version so I won’t even try but it looks great and the figures are wonderful! Man, I’m just not sure marvel will fit into my budget this year. Super heroes always comes after Harry Potter and Star Wars for me so it’s gonna be tough. I may have to move so things around on my priority budget list

Good to see someone who loves it, it has warmed up to me a little but I'm still really disappointed even though my expectations were low. Glad to save the money though

I found the link for the 4+ Loki set from the same place as the Helicarrier. Can I put in here?

Edited by avengers777