Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

41 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Deadpool isn't coming in a set any time soon, deal with it. Besides him being particularly well known for violence from the movies he's done some pretty weird and child-unfriendly stuff in a ton of his comics. Sure not all the material he's in is like that but most of it is, it's kinda Deadpools thing. Do we really think LEGO will consider putting another Deadpool in a set aimed at children (SDCC is aimed at collectors) while the character:

- Chops of limbs everywhere

- Swears a lot

- Killed the entire Marvel universe

- Used his own daughter as bait

- Lit an elephant on fire while it was alive as a joke

- Killed his own parents

- Makes fun of suicidal people

- Killed Beast and wore his fur as a coat

- Shot Spider-Man in the head at pointblank range

- Shoots innocent people because he feels like it

- Forced vegetarians to eat meat

The list of bad stuff he's done goes on and on and on. Before his movie appearances he wasn't as well known so these events were pretty easy to fall under the radar. But no way in hell a random parent would give their kid a Deadpool set knowing what might show up if that kid googles who he is and what he has done over the years.

Sure listing them like that looks bad but in the comics each of these are portrayed for a comedic effect. As one article I read put it:

"These are the most awful and messed up things Deadpool has ever done, and we love him for each and every one of them. He truly is the regenerating degenerate and fans wouldn't have it any other way!"

Most of the things on that list were from comics that are rated PG not R

51 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Deadpool isn't coming in a set any time soon, deal with it. Besides him being particularly well known for violence from the movies he's done some pretty weird and child-unfriendly stuff in a ton of his comics. Sure not all the material he's in is like that but most of it is, it's kinda Deadpools thing. Do we really think LEGO will consider putting another Deadpool in a set aimed at children (SDCC is aimed at collectors) while the character:

- Swears a lot

- Killed his own parents

The list of bad stuff he's done goes on and on and on. Before his movie appearances he wasn't as well known so these events were pretty easy to fall under the radar. But no way in hell a random parent would give their kid a Deadpool set knowing what might show up if that kid googles who he is and what he has done over the years.

I mean, by that logic we shouldn't be seeing the Joker or even Darth Vader in any sets - arguably they're worse than Deadpool as his antics are usually portrayed in a comical manner. Let's not forget that he has been in a set before, sure that was before the movies but like you've said he's always been a very edgy character. Anyway, I don't see the point in discussing whether or not Deadpool could appear in a set or not, if Disney wants him to then he will and if not he won't, it's that simple.

I'm kind of suspicious of the cancelled Deadpool set rumor, I've never heard of it until now and from what I've heard set numbers are permanently assigned to a set design, if it gets cancelled it just goes unused. Doctor Strange wouldn't have gotten it. Plus, I'd be really surprised if there was going to be a set with Deadpool so close to the movie's release, given how poorly the X-Men and Fantastic Four were treated before Disney bought Fox.

BREAKING NEWS! 

I have seen the new War Machine helmet, the same mold as Rescue/ Vulture / Wasp. Printing is so good. I can't tell which version it is coz it's not comics and we haven't seen War Machine in the game yet. 

Props to @Falconfan1414 being accurate that he will indeed have a new helmet.

5 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

That was a tease for someone’s custom project according to him

Dang, it was unlikely, but a lego silver surfer would have been cool.

5 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Exactly. This is much more well-worded than my attempts, hopefully this helps people understand why he won't show up.

4 hours ago, JediJosh said:

Sure listing them like that looks bad but in the comics each of these are portrayed for a comedic effect. As one article I read put it:

"These are the most awful and messed up things Deadpool has ever done, and we love him for each and every one of them. He truly is the regenerating degenerate and fans wouldn't have it any other way!"

I don't think you understand. Yes, he's a degenerate, and the fact that he's doing it for comedic effect rather than in a villainous way like vader or is what makes him so inappropriate for a CHILDREN'S TOY. @BigGuy4U I think the difference is in the films at least, nothing that bad happens with those characters. Vader in the films only kills combatants with a glowing sword, and he's very much a villian. Sure, it's implied he kills children in ROTS, but even then it's not shown, and it's honestly not nearly as bad as most of what deadpool does. The only film where Joker's a true sicko is Joker (2019), and we've already covered how that drastically different looking character won't get a figure. The big things with deadpool is that:

A: he's not just violent, he's excessively lewd, disgusting, etc. There's a difference between vader chopping a guy with a glowing sword or choking out someone from 20 ft away than Deadpool doing some of the things he's done. Lego doesn't shy away from violence as much as they used to, but they sure don't have any hint of anything lewd like many things done by deadpool.

B: like you said, he does those terrible acts for comedic effect. Most parents are ok with vader killing the rebel troopers or Joker shooting someone because they're the bad guys. Vader is in-universe terrifying as all heck, and Joker is the antithesis of batman. In the deadpool films (which I think are hilarious but definately not for kids), his henious acts are played as funny moments. (and usually are pretty funny). That's why he's different.

1 hour ago, SpiderJazz said:

BREAKING NEWS! 

I have seen the new War Machine helmet, the same mold as Rescue/ Vulture / Wasp. Printing is so good. I can't tell which version it is coz it's not comics and we haven't seen War Machine in the game yet. 

Great! I'm glad to hear the new-type iron man helmet looks good on WM, and that he doesn indeed have a new helmet at all.

50 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Great! I'm glad to hear the new-type iron man helmet looks good on WM, and that he doesn indeed have a new helmet at all.

If I had to compare the look of this War Machine is similar to this new comics Avengers: Force Works.

11 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

- Swears a lot

- Killed his own parents

Why does Lego put Joker in Batman sets after comics like Killing Joke and Death of (or in) The Family, or Joker movie? He's so much worse than Deadpool. Will they put Carnage in sets after Venom 2? From what we've heard him burning his orphanage and study of his psychopathic mind is gonna be a pretty big part of the movie.

The answer is yes. If something sells, it sells. Deadpool, Joker or Carnage are not R-rated characters. They get R-rated movies or comics, but they can get a really well done movie or series (or comic) that's rated PG or PG-13 (or T / T+). We get so many toys for those characters and we all know how bad and evil they can be. Sooner or later, Lego will make another Deadpool, because he CAN be suitable for children. For example Once Upon a Deadpool is Deadpool 2 in PG-13, so your kids can watch it without tsunami of swearing, blood or sex.

4 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Why does Lego put Joker in Batman sets after comics like Killing Joke and Death of (or in) The Family, or Joker movie? He's so much worse than Deadpool. Will they put Carnage in sets after Venom 2? From what we've heard him burning his orphanage and study of his psychopathic mind is gonna be a pretty big part of the movie.

The answer is yes. If something sells, it sells. Deadpool, Joker or Carnage are not R-rated characters. They get R-rated movies or comics, but they can get a really well done movie or series (or comic) that's rated PG or PG-13 (or T / T+). We get so many toys for those characters and we all know how bad and evil they can be. Sooner or later, Lego will make another Deadpool, because he CAN be suitable for children. For example Once Upon a Deadpool is Deadpool 2 in PG-13, so your kids can watch it without tsunami of swearing, blood or sex.

Exactly right.

Joker has done a lot worse stuff in the comics than Deadpool.

I also believe his Killing Joker outfit was in one of the Lego Batman CMF's- an outfit that he wore when he paralyzed and raped Barbra Gordan whilst taking pictures of her naked to use to torture her dad, an act that in my opinion is way worse and horrific then anything Deadpool has ever done.

Edited by JediJosh

Well, of course the Joker is worse, but I don’t think LEGO actually cares. Most of their sets are aimed towards kids. And most kids don’t know about what happens in the comics. Kids do, however, know about the movies, which are very relevant in today’s pop culture. I guess what I’m trying to say is kids aren’t gonna know about the Killing Joke, so LEGO produces Joker figs. Kids are gonna know about the very non-kid appropriate Deadpool movies one way or another, so LEGO decides not to take chances and not distribute Deadpool. Although another Deadpool fig would be cool. At least I still have the original.

5 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

For example Once Upon a Deadpool is Deadpool 2 in PG-13, so your kids can watch it without tsunami of swearing, blood or sex.

You do make a good point about carnage in the upcoming venom film, but I did want to mention that Once Upon A Deadpool is about as close to R as you can get still being Pg-13, which I unfortunately learned when I watched it with some younger relatives.

11 minutes ago, SuperGrover said:

Well, of course the Joker is worse, but I don’t think LEGO actually cares. Most of their sets are aimed towards kids. And most kids don’t know about what happens in the comics. Kids do, however, know about the movies, which are very relevant in today’s pop culture. I guess what I’m trying to say is kids aren’t gonna know about the Killing Joke, so LEGO produces Joker figs. Kids are gonna know about the very non-kid appropriate Deadpool movies one way or another, so LEGO decides not to take chances and not distribute Deadpool. Although another Deadpool fig would be cool. At least I still have the original.

Exactly. Though I do wish we get another one, it's unlikely. 

20 minutes ago, SuperGrover said:

So based on you saying that kids are gonna know about the very non-kid appropriate Deadpool movies, they are also gonna know about the very non-kid appropriate Joker movie.

Just now, Mandalorianknight said:

Exactly. Though I do wish we get another one, it's unlikely. 

Yes unlikely at the moment but in about 3 years once he has joined the MCU them chances will go up

Edited by JediJosh

As there isn't even the slightest indication of Deadpool or any of the other X-Men characters appearing in sets anytime soon can we please move back to topic?

1 minute ago, JediJosh said:

So based on you saying that kids are gonna know about the very non-kid appropriate Deadpool movies, they are also gonna know about the very non-kid appropriate Joker movie.

Well, that doesn’t seem to matter to LEGO since they continue to produce sets with Joker in it.

Edited by SuperGrover

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

As there isn't even the slightest indication of Deadpool or any of the other X-Men characters appearing in sets anytime soon can we please move back to topic?

When there's new info we can get back. We probably won't be seeing any leaks before official pictures which are releasing soon, so it's okay to discuss different things before pictures drop.

Just now, SuperGrover said:

Well, that doesn’t seem to matter to LEGO since they continue to produce sets with Joker in it.

This. That's exactly why they will produce sets with Deadpool in them.

43 minutes ago, JediJosh said:

Exactly right.

Joker has done a lot worse stuff in the comics than Deadpool.

I also believe his Killing Joker outfit was in one of the Lego Batman CMF's- an outfit that he wore when he paralyzed and raped Barbra Gordan whilst taking pictures of her naked to use to torture her dad, an act that in my opinion is way worse and horrific then anything Deadpool has ever done.

Joker didn’t rape Barbara Gordon. On the other hand we do have a minifigure of Tarantula II, who did rape Nightwing. There’s infanticide by Black Manta, total genocide by Lobo, paedophilia by Hal Jordan, vivisection by Hugo Strange, global tyranny by Sinestro, and cruel murders and torture by just about every other villain on the Lego DC roster. Maybe the issue with Deadpool is licence based rather than censorship based.

1 minute ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

This. That's exactly why they will produce sets with Deadpool in them.

Exactly

9 minutes ago, SuperGrover said:

Thats what I'm saying.

14 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

BREAKING NEWS! 

I'm a little disappointed that it's the Invincible Iron Man helmet... not a fan of that mold... how good is it compared to the Endgame helmet?

Just now, HarryVader said:

I'm a little disappointed that it's the Invincible Iron Man helmet... not a fan of that mold... how good is it compared to the Endgame helmet?

I love the invincible iron man helmet. It less bulky and more sleek than the other helmet.

Just now, SuperGrover said:

I love the invincible iron man helmet. It less bulky and more sleek than the other helmet.

I'm glad you're a fan of the helmet, I just feel that War Machine should be more bulky instead of sleek

Just now, HarryVader said:

I'm glad you're a fan of the helmet, I just feel that War Machine should be more bulky instead of sleek

I would say it makes him look more bulky using this helmet. Much better how the endgame version looked

1 hour ago, RedHoodPug said:

Joker didn’t rape Barbara Gordon. On the other hand we do have a minifigure of Tarantula II, who did rape Nightwing. There’s infanticide by Black Manta, total genocide by Lobo, paedophilia by Hal Jordan, vivisection by Hugo Strange, global tyranny by Sinestro, and cruel murders and torture by just about every other villain on the Lego DC roster. Maybe the issue with Deadpool is licence based rather than censorship based.

Hal Jordan and pedophilia? When did this stuff happen.

46 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

I would say it makes him look more bulky using this helmet. Much better how the endgame version looked

That's awesome to hear. I'm very excited for him!

15 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Hal Jordan and pedophilia? When did this stuff happen.

Sure, all comic book characters have their dark moments... but Deadpool, as an R-rated movie (which is bloodier than Joker, plus the Joker movie didn't do much to relate to the source material except maybe the name. Deadpool also contains more provocative language/references as well as sex and nudity), is definitely more recent and extremely fresh in everyone's memories. Making a Deadpool set will definitely raise more eyebrows (from parents).

Edited by HarryVader

32 minutes ago, HarryVader said:

That's awesome to hear. I'm very excited for him!

Sure, all comic book characters have their dark moments... but Deadpool, as an R-rated movie (which is bloodier than Joker, plus the Joker movie didn't do much to relate to the source material except maybe the name. Deadpool also contains more provocative language/references as well as sex and nudity), is definitely more recent and extremely fresh in everyone's memories. Making a Deadpool set will definitely raise more eyebrows (from parents).

Deadpool gets T (teen) rated comics. He got a PG-13 movie. He appeared in an animated Spider-Man series. He will appear in PG-13 MCU movies (his solo movies will be R-rated tho). With right approach Deadpool can be a kid friendly character, no less than Joker, Carnage or Punisher.

Also it doesn't really matter if he's R-rated. He gets a lot of toys and kids get those not because they love the character and watched his every movie, but because he is a cool superhero with cool design and has cool abilities, nothing more. 

Why are you arguing about the possible inclusion of a character for basically the past 3 pages? I would love another Deadpool fig, but who knows whether LEGO will make one or not. Either it will or it won't happen, so just:

tumblr_niqnb4Hklm1smcbm7o1_500.gif

38 minutes ago, Marvelous Spidey said:

Why are you arguing about the possible inclusion of a character for basically the past 3 pages? I would love another Deadpool fig, but who knows whether LEGO will make one or not. Either it will or it won't happen, so just:

<snip>

Agreed, like I said realistically the only thing keeping Deadpool out of sets is if Disney doesn't want him in any. There's no point arguing about whether he "can" appear or not since at the end of the day it's solely up to Disney and Lego.

4 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Thank you. I think both side's arguments have become clear now, and since the only real thing that can "prove" either side is the upcoming sets including or not including deadpool, we should move on.

4 hours ago, JediJosh said:

I already explained multiple times that Joker's film design is very different from his design in every other film and the comics, whereas the only real difference with deadpool is the shade of red, can we please move on? There's about 100% probability he won't show up in 2020 anyway, so it's not even relevent.

@Falconfan1414 That's great to hear, I could see this figure being the best WM yet. Do you know if his shoulder cannon attaches to an existing neck bracket or if it's one mold of the cannon and neck bracket?