Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

3 hours ago, Lucarex said:

Like most I’d love to see a MCU CMF as long as it didn’t go down the same path as the recent lacklustre (and I’m being kind here) DC series.

Despite Itaria being the source, still think it’s a longshot though. Same reasons we’ll never see a Star Wars CMF. 

It sounds like there's a new deal with Hasbro, so if it's true that means Marvel and Star Wars are possible now.

57 minutes ago, Legocity2713 said:

I originally saw it #legoleaks story but can't find it rn so try @pufferhouse and go to their story.

Its looks very nice. I think the blue is regular blue instead of dark blue. The torsos like the one from box but with a sash print that connects to the legs and hips similar to the the original figure's from the Thanos/Hyperion set; the head looks like the box's too (new but kind of similar to Age of Ultron Black Widow's); and the hair is the same as Infinity War Widow's. The legs and torso also have some cool dark blue lines running through them.

Thanks! It looks real to me. Love the Leia head print on here. Reminds me of Brie Larson's confident smirk from the movies

Edited by HarryVader

I know this should probably be in the 2022 discussion forum, but Taika Waititi just posted concept arts of Thor: Love and Thunder... I need that Miek to be in Lego form!

3 hours ago, HarryVader said:

Thanks! It looks real to me. Love the Leia head print on here. Reminds me of Brie Larson's confident smirk from the movies

I can't find this anywhere, when I look up "@pufferhouse" like @Legocity2713 said it takes me to some publishing account.

21 minutes ago, HarryVader said:

I know this should probably be in the 2022 discussion forum, but Taika Waititi just posted concept arts of Thor: Love and Thunder... I need that Miek to be in Lego form!

I think based on when we got this forum it's more for discussing all Lego Marvel Rumors, speculation, and discussion during the year of 2020 instead of rumors, speculation, and discussion about 2020 sets, if that makes any sense.

8 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I can't find this anywhere, when I look up "@pufferhouse" like @Legocity2713 said it takes me to some publishing account.

Yeah thats the right page. Their posts aren’t Lego related at all so its weird, but if you click on their story it should be there.

For anyone who doesn’t have an Instagram account but wants to see it, go to https://storiesig.com/ then type in pufferhouse.

20 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I think based on when we got this forum it's more for discussing all Lego Marvel Rumors, speculation, and discussion during the year of 2020 instead of rumors, speculation, and discussion about 2020 sets, if that makes any sense.

Yeah sorry I was just very excited for a possible future Marvel fig. Didn’t intend to go off topic

Hm, I like the figure but why is LEGO so bad at choosing hairpieces for marvel figures? It's an easy fix but the piece used just looks awfull

New Captain Marvel looks awesome. When I saw they were doing normal blue I was actually a little disappointed that there was leg printing because it means I can’t use the red/blue dual/moulded Spidey legs, but that’s such a horrible thing to complain about and Captain Marvel is gorgeous!

So we’re sure she comes in Avengers Tower right? Can’t wait!

Just now, Fenghuang0296 said:

So we’re sure she comes in Avengers Tower right? Can’t wait!

She comes in the Helicarrier and the 4+ Avengers Tower, so not the normal Avengers Tower set

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

She comes in the Helicarrier and the 4+ Avengers Tower, so not the normal Avengers Tower set

Ah. Whoops. Well, I was considering getting the 4+ one for Loki anyway, guess I have to now. 

Wow, I did not expect leg printing on Captain Marvel. That's a great minifigure. I think it will look even better with the helmet.

My question is: does she come with hair in one set and helmet in the other one, or in both sets she comes with both the hairpiece and the helmet piece?

Just now, PRbrickbuilder said:

My question is: does she come with hair in one set and helmet in the other one, or in both sets she comes with both the hairpiece and the helmet piece?

Probably both

4 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Probably both

Good, that would be the better for us. It would be sad if the helmet piece was restricted to the Helicarrier set.

That’s a great Captain Marvel figure! Brighter than I was expecting with the normal blue and yellow hair, but the leg printing is fantastic and I like this face on her. I’ve got no problems with LEGO reusing faces if they fit this well! I’ve been using March Harriet’s on my MCU figure for a while. I’m just very happy to see her get leg printing. 

My only nitpick is I would have liked to have seen Dual Molded legs. Other than that, it looks pretty good. 

12 hours ago, HarryVader said:

Yeah sorry I was just very excited for a possible future Marvel fig. Didn’t intend to go off topic

No, i meant you were on topic, sorry. We discussed 2020 sets in the 2019 thread and got the 2020 thread the first day of 2020, if that makes sense.

2 hours ago, PRbrickbuilder said:

That would be annoying if the helmet was only in the more expensive set, but given the quality of the wave so far I think we can hope for it being in both.

17 minutes ago, steveholt said:

My only nitpick is I would have liked to have seen Dual Molded legs. Other than that, it looks pretty good. 

I think a new helmet mold AND dual-molded legs would be

Just now, Mandalorianknight said:

No, i meant you were on topic, sorry. We discussed 2020 sets in the 2019 thread and got the 2020 thread the first day of 2020, if that makes sense.

I understand what you're saying. Many thanks for clarifying :)

I love this Captain Marvel figure. Can't wait to see how she looks with the helmet. With this Captain Marvel figure and all the other info, I think the future for Avengers sets could be huge (if this wave sells well). Maybe they can eventually remake more iconic location/vehicle sets and disappointing figures (bigfig Thanos I'm talking about you), as well as sets they have never made before such as Sanctuary II. 

Can't deny, this Captain Marvel minifigure is well made. I love the details, still bummed about the helmet being plain when the figure has lots of prints in it. Would love to see the helmet on. 

I'm glad that Marvel is now getting some love and attention. Hopefully it means well for MCU sets moving forward.

PS. @Itaria No Shintaku CMF is your game, I fully trust you with the information that you bring and it's appreciated. If you get some updates, I think many people here would love to hear the progress. Thanks once again. 

New Captain Marvel is nice, Buti don't get why they keep using Black widow hairpiece in blonde for her? In comics she usually has longer hair or mohawk. This hairstyle doesn't really look that good on this character in my opinion.

5 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

New Captain Marvel is nice, Buti don't get why they keep using Black widow hairpiece in blonde for her? In comics she usually has longer hair or mohawk. This hairstyle doesn't really look that good on this character in my opinion.

It doesn't even look good on  Black Widow herself

4 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

It doesn't even look good on  Black Widow herself

Yeah I don't understand why they keep using that hairpiece when neither character has EVER styled their hair like that. Not in the movies, not in the comics and not in the cartoons. It's baffling, like many other decisions with this theme. The new Captain Marvel looks good and I'm glad she's getting a helmet. Hopefully the rest of the figures will be a s good and hopefully the builds are well done.

Any word on if we will see a The Falcon and the Winter Soldier set or a Wanda Vision set? It is all I want out of this 2020 sets wave

59 minutes ago, ToaDraco said:

Yeah I don't understand why they keep using that hairpiece when neither character has EVER styled their hair like that. Not in the movies, not in the comics and not in the cartoons. It's baffling, like many other decisions with this theme.

Black Widow did use that hairstyle in both Avengers and Age of Ultron. It's not perfect, but what hairpiece is?

I also like the new Captain Marvel. Looks like we'll finally get a decent non-MCU based team with this wave/year. By my count we've got Cap, Iron Man, Thor, Hawkeye, Black Panther, Hulk, Captain Marvel, War Machine, and Black Widow, with possibly Rescue and I think Ms. Marvel was hinted at(?) I can't wait to see the sets. If this does well, hopefully we'll get an X-Men wave at some point.

1 hour ago, mgetz said:

Any word on if we will see a The Falcon and the Winter Soldier set or a Wanda Vision set? It is all I want out of this 2020 sets wave

I don’t know about set details but I do know that the series’s have been pushed back into next year, and if other themes are anything to go by then they will be pushed back too.