Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

I like the Loki, I know it’s the best but the first non mcu Loki is a great addition and overall looks good minus the face being reused

Not a big fan of the Loki figure. Torso print is alright but the lack of legprinting is really striking, face is far too generic even for a non-Hiddleston version and I'm getting tired of this helmet. They really need a new one with some hair sticking out, this one will be really easy to skip.

This is the first leak that looks just ok-ish. It is good that the figure is actually green, since the MCU one was gray. I think golden gloves would have improved the figure. Also, I believe the weapon is being held reversed. This way, it looks like a butter knife. The blade must be faced forward to look like the scepter.

Good Loki for people that missed OG Avengers set (basically identical to that Loki), bad Loki for those of us that want an updated Loki

Just now, HarryVader said:

Good Loki for people that missed OG Avengers set (basically identical to that Loki), bad Loki for those of us that want an updated Loki

I missed the OG Avengers set and I still don't like this figure :laugh_hard:

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

I missed the OG Avengers set and I still don't like this figure :laugh_hard:

Lol nevermind then ?

Edited by HarryVader

3 hours ago, steveholt said:

New Loki looks like a good replacement for MCU Loki, but very disappointing for anyone hoping for something more comic based (at least classic costume wise)

It's got more green, at least.

1 hour ago, PRbrickbuilder said:

This is the first leak that looks just ok-ish. It is good that the figure is actually green, since the MCU one was gray. I think golden gloves would have improved the figure. Also, I believe the weapon is being held reversed. This way, it looks like a butter knife. The blade must be faced forward to look like the scepter.

The LOTR piece looks alot better to me than the thing they gave him for the 2012 sets, but you're right, he's holding it backwards.

Just now, Legoman123 said:

When are the Marvel sets to release? 

june, I think.

9 minutes ago, Legoman123 said:

When are the Marvel sets to release? 

June: 4+ Avengers Tower and Helicarrier

August: Hulkbuster, Avengers Tower and Iron Man helmet/bust

October: 4 Eternals sets

32 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

June: 4+ Avengers Tower and Helicarrier

August: Hulkbuster, Avengers Tower and Iron Man helmet/bust

October: 4 Eternals sets

Iron Man helmet actually releases in May. There's also a Hulk bust (unknown release date) and an Iron Man mosaic (October, same as Eternals sets).

New Loki is ok at best. Reusing generic bad guy face and no leg prints. Why am I not surprised? It seem like LEGO just doesn’t bother with minifigs sometimes.

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Iron Man helmet actually releases in May. There's also a Hulk bust (unknown release date) and an Iron Man mosaic (October, same as Eternals sets).

Didn't include the Hulk bust and mosaic because I didn't know when they'd release but I'm pretty sure the IM helmet was coming out in august

EDIT: just looked it up and Promobricks' Toy Fair report (the place we got all the set descriptions from) has it listed as an august release

Edited by Guyon2002

22 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Didn't include the Hulk bust and mosaic because I didn't know when they'd release but I'm pretty sure the IM helmet was coming out in august

EDIT: just looked it up and Promobricks' Toy Fair report (the place we got all the set descriptions from) has it listed as an august release

Look at all the other website with news about this set. It's an early May release. 

5 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:
Look at all the other website with news about this set. It's an early May release. 

We'll have to wait and see I guess. Doesn't matter to me because it's an easy set to skip

6 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Eternals movie got moved until February so the sets will likely get pushed back a few months 

That's really good news though you should've probably specified that all Phase 4 movies have moved up a spot. Gives Black Widow the theatrical release it deserves and gives us more time to save up some money for the Eternals sets!

That was kind of unexpected for me, I didn't believe they'll actually do it. So with Minions and Ghostbusters sets pushed back, they'll definitely push those to January. I'm kind of relieved as I already spent a lot on Lego this year (my "a lot" is probably much smaller than yours "a lot"), and I have some other sets to buy (*Harry Potter has entered the chat*).

Just now, THELEGOBATMAN said:

That was kind of unexpected for me, I didn't believe they'll actually do it. So with Minions and Ghostbusters sets pushed back, they'll definitely push those to January. I'm kind of relieved as I already spent a lot on Lego this year (my "a lot" is probably much smaller than yours "a lot"), and I have some other sets to buy (*Harry Potter has entered the chat*).

Same for me, knowing I have a few extra months to save up for the Eternals sets is really great. It didn't come as a surprise for me tough as this situation was pretty much the only thing they could do other than releasing Black Widow on digital and streaming immediately

5 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Don't bet on it, I only buy SW and some Marvel and I'm already too close to "a lot" for comfort, especially with allocating money for one or 8000 of those 501st sets.

Disappointed all the releases were pushed back, but I guess it's better than releasing them in a pandemic. With the way it's all going, the U.S. at least for sure won't be in a state for people to safely go to theatres in late april, and from what I've heard probably much of europe as well. From the aforementioned 501st set announced yesterday we can assume that they're continuing to sell lego in general at the normal release dates, so the comic/game marvel sets are fine. (For all I know the game's been delayed yet again but that didn't make lego delay the january sets.)

Edited by Mandalorianknight

Didn’t get Black Widow set at its release. I always like getting my movie sets after the movie to see if it’s a must buy or not. Glad to see that the Black Widow set will still be in shelves when movie releases. Like the idea of 2020 not being too crazy so I can save up money for Eternals.

17 minutes ago, HarryVader said:

Like the idea of 2020 not being too crazy so I can save up money for Eternals.

With Harry Potter, Jurassic World, Star Wars and Marvel things are ramping up fast so this Eternals delay is perfect

I just buy small sets (mostly), but there are a lot of cool small sets this year, and you know, when you multiple 20€ by 10 it's 200€.