Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Just now, doclord said:

I just wish Lego Marvel had gone out with a bang instead of the wet fart that was the Endgame sets.

I mean clearly it sold well and actually probably saved the theme a little bit

9 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

I mean clearly it sold well and actually probably saved the theme a little bit

But in ''saving the theme'' it also sends a message to lego: those crappy sets sell

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

But in ''saving the theme'' it also sends a message to lego: those crappy sets sell

It is actually different then that I would say. Especially with the summer sets, now that they know it sells more effort is put inĀ 

Really don't think the endgame sets were that bad, the hall of armor was really good and the compound was a nice change from the vehicles we kept getting. And then there was the pretty solid ffh wave. Besides it clearly didn't send a bad message, as we're getting the best wave yet this year. Keep in mind there's only so much they can do with the preliminary images they get.

7 minutes ago, Huigberts Builds said:

Really don't think the endgame sets were that bad, the hall of armor was really good and the compound was a nice change from the vehicles we kept getting. And then there was the pretty solid ffh wave. Besides it clearly didn't send a bad message, as we're getting the best wave yet this year. Keep in mind there's only so much they can do with the preliminary images they get.

Yeah, the FFH wave was good besides the missing bosco suit, which is just one minifigure out of a whole wave. have to argue that the only good endgame sets were the HoA (amazing set, I have 3 copiesĀ :laugh:), and the quinjet, maybe the war machine hulkbuster if you just think of it as a marvel set and not an endgame set.

Just now, Mandalorianknight said:

maybe the war machine hulkbuster if you just think of it as a marvel set and not an endgame set.

Yeah that's basically how I look at the marvel sets in general, they rarely look like the movies so I just buy whatever looks cool.

Endgame sets weren't bad Marvel sets, they were just bad Endgame sets.Ā 

Motorcycle was, well... both. It was really bad.

War Machine Buster was a really great build, but it was a bad Endgame set, it didn't appear at any point in the movie.

Hall of Armour was a good set (I know people like it, IĀ don't like it tho), we got a few great Iron Man figures, BUT it also didn't appear in the movie.

Quinjet was a great Marvel set, the build is amazing, but in the movie it appeared for like 2 seconds.

Compound is a bad set in general, horrible build with two random vehicles. At least this one appeared in the movieĀ :laugh_hard:

And yeah, FFH wave was amazing (honestly it might be my favourite Marvel wave ever). Molten Man is fantastic, the build is done so well (except the head, it looks good only from certain angles), Stealth Suit is also great. Venice set is incredible, definitely one of the best Marvel sets ever. And Stark's jet wasn't a bad build, it was a totally done really well (just too small, and the PPP ratio sucked), it was a missed opportunity for Upgraded Suit (but hey, at least we got that awesome Fury and that awful Happy).

3 hours ago, Huigberts Builds said:

The compound was basically an overglorified 4+ police station with 2 useless vehicles and mediocre figures. The Hall of Armor is one of the most boring sets ever when it comes to building, you're pretty much building the same thing over and over again for at least 75% of the build. The concept, final look and figures are great but the build wasn't enjoyable at all imo

21 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I'm pretty sure Itaria said that they are actually making one, aiming for 2021 release date.

I wonder if the CMFĀ will be based on the comics or the MCU. There are so many comics designs we'd probably never get any other way (Scarlet Witch with her classic tiara, stuff like that), but then there are so many missing MCU outfitsĀ too, including a lot of the Endgame cast and Spidey's bosco suit. Comics would be more colourful for kids, but Disney might prefer MCU to help promote Disney+. Anyone got any thoughts which it might be?

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

There's a blurry picture of War Machine's back (almost definitely him), but who cares when the whole minifig has leaked.

Does it show his correct helmet?

Just now, Felkin said:

I wonder if the CMFĀ will be based on the comics or the MCU. There are so many comics designs we'd probably never get any other way (Scarlet Witch with her classic tiara, stuff like that), but then there are so many missing MCU outfitsĀ too, including a lot of the Endgame cast and Spidey's bosco suit. Comics would be more colourful for kids, but Disney might prefer MCU to help promote Disney+. Anyone got any thoughts which it might be?

Marvel Comics is nothing compared to the MCU when it comes to fans and popularity, it'll definetely be MCU

Just now, SuperGrover said:

Nope

5 minutes ago, SuperGrover said:

No helmet at all. And I'm actually wondering if it's really War Machine. The picture isĀ veryĀ blurry.

Regards,
Mitch

On 2/28/2020 at 5:23 AM, Anonknee Muss said:

I think yā€™all are forgetting who the sets are aimed at. Children.

Whoops

7 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

It is actually different then that I would say. Especially with the summer sets, now that they know it sells more effort is put inĀ 

I think the summer sets are meh. (Except the mechs, those were good.) Especially considering that the game didn't come out yet, it's hard to say if Lego actually based the sets on source materials. (PTSD flashbacks to Captain America's motorcycle). I actually think the Endgame wave was okay (the hall of armor and quinjet, not so much the others). Also Falconfan1414, I'm a huge fan of you. Thank you for your work.

3 minutes ago, HRC said:

I think the summer sets are meh. (Except the mechs, those were good.) Especially considering that the game didn't come out yet, it's hard to say if Lego actually based the sets on source materials. (PTSD flashbacks to Captain America's motorcycle). I actually think the Endgame wave was okay (the hall of armor and quinjet, not so much the others). Also Falconfan1414, I'm a huge fan of you. Thank you for your work.

I don't think most people really care if the tower and helicarrier are the ones from the game, just that we're getting another tower and helicarrier. Also, I don't think there are mechs coming in the summer.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

12 minutes ago, HRC said:

I think you're talking about the winter wave here, that's the one we got in january with the mechsĀ :wink:Ā The next wave with the Avengers Tower and Helicarrier is the summer wave

Ā 

40 minutes ago, HRC said:

I think you are confusing the summer sets with the winter sets as there are no mechs in the summer wave and pictures are not out yet.Ā Also the summer sets donā€™t have to be based on the video game, I think they are semi based on the game but also not.

41 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

I think you are confusing the summer sets with the winter sets as there are no mechs in the summer wave and pictures are not out yet.Ā Also the summer sets donā€™t have to be based on the video game, I think they are semi based on the game but also not.

Like, they use the same characters? Cuz I was really hopingĀ we get the starbooster armor from the game, and I really like that LEGOā€™s been using the newer helmet piece for Iron Man instead of the og one. That was a little to bulky for my taste.

Sorry to bother everyone but you are all talking about new sets coming out in the summer and I haven't heard about these until now. Any chance you guys know where I could find pictures of them? Or leaks or something? Thanks in advanceĀ :sweet:

https://www.promobricks.de/lego-mavel-dc-spielwarenmesse/94175/

MAY - 1 set: 76165 Iron Man Helmet for 60ā‚¬ (similar to these SW onesĀ brickset.com/sets/theme-Star-Wars/subtheme-Helmet-Collection).

JUNE - 3 sets: 76152 Wrath of Loki (4+ Avengers Tower) for 60ā‚¬, 75153 Helicarrier for 120ā‚¬ and 76151 Venomosaurus Ambush for $80. At Toy Faur Lego officially revealed the last one (brickset.com/sets/76151-1/Venomosaurus-Ambush).

AUGUST - 2 sets: 76164 Hulbuster for 40ā‚¬ and 75165 Avengers Tower for 90ā‚¬.

OCTOBER (could be sooner) - 4 sets: 76145 for 10ā‚¬, 76154 for 20ā‚¬, 76155 for 60ā‚¬ and 76156 for 100ā‚¬. All of those sets are based on Eternals.

UNKNOWN - 2 sets: Hulk Bust (similar to Iron Man helmet)Ā for ~60ā‚¬ and 31199 Iron Man Mosaic (part of new Adult Builders subtheme) for ~120ā‚¬.

We also got some leaks. For War Machine we got a look at whole figure (with wrong helmet). We also got a few looks at Hulk big.Ā 

For additional info M.O.D.O.K. will be a brickbuilt (big like Minecraft Ghast), Captain Marvel is getting her new moulded helmet, War Machine is getting new moulded cannon. The wave will be semi or fully based on new Marvel's Avengers video game.

29 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Captain Marvel is getting her new moulded helmet

Wait she does? I think I missed that information in between all the other news a while ago. That's gonna be really cool :D

20 minutes ago, Huigberts Builds said:

Wait she does? I think I missed that information in between all the other news a while ago. That's gonna be really cool :D

I just checked and yeah, "Summer 2020 Captain Marvel will have a molded helmet".

6 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I just checked and yeah, "Summer 2020 Captain Marvel will have a molded helmet".

I feel like it'll be similar to captain america's helmet, with that accessory hole they can useĀ for the mohawk.