Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

3 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

I don't know, most likely the game desing. I wouldn't hold out hope for new Rescue, Loki and Iron Man variants though. 

This isn't based on the movies, so Loki and Rescue would have to be new

Also the whole Hulk figure has been revealed, it looks great! A nice mix between the 2017 and 2019 versions

Edited by Quicksilver838

3 hours ago, SuperGrover said:

Where can I find pictures of the box design?

For what, exactly? The upcoming sets will probably use a similar box design too the january 2020 sets, so look those up if that's what you're looking for? hope this helps.

1 hour ago, Quicksilver838 said:

This isn't based on the movies, so Loki and Rescue would have to be new

Not neccesarily. And given the level of detail on WM and rumors/leaks about some of the other figures, unless lego marvel's budget has increased 100x I'm not sure we'll see new versions of these characters. Maybe loki with different prints but the same helmet (or just hair), that's the most I would think we'd see.

Iron Man and Rescue I can see being the same minifigures that were just released, but Loki? The last figure of him we got was the Ragnarok variant from three years ago. The one before that appeared in a Juniors set four years ago that was already reissued from the 2012 Avengers wave. Both versions have long been retired. Is there really any doubt the 2020 Loki won't be a new minifigure?

16 hours ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Also the whole Hulk figure has been revealed, it looks great! A nice mix between the 2017 and 2019 versions

It does look great! This smile fits the character. It looks Hulk's reaction when Cap says "And Hulk...Smash!" in the first Avengers movie.

Edited by PRbrickbuilder
Grammar

Hi sorry if this is slightly off topic but I was wondering if anyone had a good idea for a torso for Red Guardian since lego did not make a figure

1 hour ago, mgetz said:

Hi sorry if this is slightly off topic but I was wondering if anyone had a good idea for a torso for Red Guardian since lego did not make a figure

I've seen people use the Falcon's torso piece for him (comic variant) it's probably the closest thing you can get.

12 hours ago, mgetz said:

As @Huigberts Builds and @nintendude64 have mentioned, falcon's torso is the best for a comics-accurate one, and there aren't any really good ones for the MCU.

If you want a vaguely MCU-looking one, though it wouldn't really be accurate to the film so much as be in the same style as the MCU, captain america or falcon's torsos from 2018's infinity war wave with dark red arms could work.

15 hours ago, mgetz said:

If you want the version from the movie/trailer where he seems to be escaping from that snowy prison type of place the officer from the Sith Trooper Battle Pack has a good torso. Its black with some red lines running through it.

75266-1.jpg?201912100958

hepc1n2owd241.png

23 minutes ago, SuperGrover said:

I hope the marvel cmf rumor ends up being true so we can finally get an actual red guardian figure.

Getting Red Guardian through the CMF (if it exists) would be awesome but in the end there are only 16 spots to be filled and there are far more than 16 characters/variants LEGO hasn't made yet. 

1 minute ago, Guyon2002 said:

Getting Red Guardian through the CMF (if it exists) would be awesome but in the end there are only 16 spots to be filled and there are far more than 16 characters/variants LEGO hasn't made yet. 

I think Marvel would be 18, maybe 20 figures. But i'm probably wrong

Just now, 2lazeetomakeaname said:

I think Marvel would be 18, maybe 20 figures. But i'm probably wrong

The last few series (including licensed ones) have all had 16 figures. Harry Potter series 2 was expected to have 22 figures like it did in series 1 and that turned out to be 16 to so I doubt they'll up the amount of figures for Marvel. 

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

The last few series (including licensed ones) have all had 16 figures. Harry Potter series 2 was expected to have 22 figures like it did in series 1 and that turned out to be 16 to so I doubt they'll up the amount of figures for Marvel. 

Wasn’t there talk a while ago about all CMFs being standardised at 16 again? On the strength of that has there even been any further info on a CMF? I took the rumour lightly anyway, but it just seems to have been crossed wires with the HP series. 

17 minutes ago, RedHoodPug said:

Wasn’t there talk a while ago about all CMFs being standardised at 16 again? On the strength of that has there even been any further info on a CMF? I took the rumour lightly anyway, but it just seems to have been crossed wires with the HP series. 

Yup, 16 is the new standard

Just now, 2lazeetomakeaname said:

Any guesses for the 16?

It's only a smallish unsupported rumor so any guesses would probably fall under wishlisting

Any word on a The Falcon and the Winter Soldier set I'm hoping it would include: Falcon, Winter Soldier, Zemo, US Agent or a WandaVision set coming out this year along with the Eternals sets? I have a bad feeling we wont

Edited by mgetz

50 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Yup, 16 is the new standard

It's only a smallish unsupported rumor so any guesses would probably fall under wishlisting

Yeah, keep in mind the only real information we got I think was just that they CAN make one now, not that they are.

32 minutes ago, mgetz said:

Any word on a The Falcon and the Winter Soldier set I'm hoping it would include: Falcon, Winter Soldier, Zemo, US Agent or a WandaVision set coming out this year along with the Eternals sets? I have a bad feeling we wont

Nothing so far

17 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Yeah, keep in mind the only real information we got I think was just that they CAN make one now, not that they are.

Exactly

56 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I'm pretty sure Itaria said that they are actually making one, aiming for 2021 release date.

On 3/14/2020 at 10:20 PM, Mandalorianknight said:

I feel like this is a bit pessimistic, it's not the end of the world.

It's more the massive impact it will have on the economy and society, primarily regarding travel/trade. It's going to be quite difficult for them to film the planned Marvel movies such as Currently (Shang Chi), May (Doctor Strange), July (Spider-man 3) and August (Thor). The delay of filming will push back the release dates and as a result delay the movie themed sets. It's difficult to know how this will impact the amount of sets released in 2021 when all four films were originally planned for release. Even at best case scenario, it's likely that each film will be pushed back to a later films release date

On 3/15/2020 at 7:57 PM, Falconfan1414 said:

I wouldn’t say I promised that but I think people greatly mistook my game changer comment as something different. People seem to have thought to it meant like 100+ super detailed minifigures with a huge play set. In reality to me it’s a game changer because this is a theme designed specifically for adults (part of the name includes adult). To me that’s game changing because Lego is starting to really focus on afol’s

Kinda... Lego already made mosaics, when they opened a store in London that was one of the main selling points and the focus was entirely kid-focused. I'm not sure how this theme is now going to be focused towards adults by going with potentially black/white character portraits from movies that are primarily aimed at a younger audience. Lego also already made several themes focused on adults, arguably the modular buildings theme is the most notable.

On 3/16/2020 at 2:41 AM, SpiderJazz said:

It is what it is, it's there and already given. I think we should focus on what we are getting than what we want to get. Though I personally believe the dark ages of Lego Marvel Superheroes has come to an end. :wink::angel_sing:

I'd definitely say the dark ages are continuing;

• A polybag of Captain Marvel & Nick Fury that should have been released in 2019
  • Marvel mech sets that are already on half-price discounts worldwide because nobody was buying them
  • Spider-man sets that include black/white repeats of previous sets and often relying on a single unique figure to sell the sets and a reliance on Venom
  • The seemingly only Black Widow set lacking Red Guardian and having a Taskmaster lacking leg printing, despite the similar priced Doctor Strange set or the cheaper priced Ant-Man set getting leg print for all three figures
  • Two 'ok' game based sets that were mostly notable for the controversy of not getting comic accurate Aim Soldiers

:shrug_oh_well:

Maybe Summer sets can change my mind.

6 hours ago, Scarilian said:

A polybag of Captain Marvel & Nick Fury that should have been released in 2019

And besides being released a year late it's also really hard to find for those who don't live in the US