Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

16 hours ago, Scarilian said:

Even when the outbreak ends, the economy will be a mess. We are entering another 'great depression' a lot of people are going to be financially destroyed, travel and trade will have more restrictions, let alone the fear that public gatherings will entail. Lego is going to be hit quite hard in sales also, a lot of sets are going to be delayed due to this and its possible future sets could be impacted by the loss of individuals who work on creating new sets. 

Most experts expect we wont get a peak until June/July so Eternals will be the last Marvel movie until potentially 2022

I feel like this is a bit pessimistic, it's not the end of the world. We'll see a few delays, maybe some films film in different locations, but I doubt that the virus will cause permanent travel and trade restrictions, nor will it kill off the lego designers. Worst case scenerio lego speaking, the spring/summer sets that weren't already released might get delayed. I don't think anything's really going to be impacted set-wise other than that. And film wise, black widow could be delayed and maybe a few of the other films, but we only know that some of the productions have shut down, and I don't think we know which ones or how many.

12 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

Aside from previously revealed Ironman bust, there will be a Hulk bust set too. Source is my friend minilegogo over Instagram.

Cool. I'm probably only getting the stormtrooper and maybe iron man busts though, I can't see the hulk one looking that good.

14 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Really? Because mosaics were one of the first guesses thrown around when the ‚Zebra’ rumours started and that idea was shot down IIRC :shrug_oh_well:

I remember that, it's definitely not a mosiac.

33 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I feel like this is a bit pessimistic, it's not the end of the world. We'll see a few delays, maybe some films film in different locations, but I doubt that the virus will cause permanent travel and trade restrictions, nor will it kill off the lego designers. Worst case scenerio lego speaking, the spring/summer sets that weren't already released might get delayed. I don't think anything's really going to be impacted set-wise other than that. And film wise, black widow could be delayed and maybe a few of the other films, but we only know that some of the productions have shut down, and I don't think we know which ones or how many.

Cool. I'm probably only getting the stormtrooper and maybe iron man busts though, I can't see the hulk one looking that good.

I remember that, it's definitely not a mosiac.

Well it actually is a mosaic. Mini_legogo confirmed it on Instagram, and he's one of the most reliable leakers to date. He also confirmed Hulk bust and a new Dobby minifig today.

@Mandalorianknight the problem with travel bans and schedule halts is reorganising it all. It’s going to be a big problem. British Airways are in real trouble, Virgin Atlantic has asked the UK government for a massive, billion-sized bale out. The cost of this is going to be vast, and quite long lasting. Another issue is that the world isn’t suddenly going to be rid of it at the same time, so we’re going to have to wait until the last country has got it under control. It’s going to be a faff, which I realise is an understatement.

4 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Well it actually is a mosaic. Mini_legogo confirmed it on Instagram, and he's one of the most reliable leakers to date. He also confirmed Hulk bust and a new Dobby minifig today.

Huh. I thought back in the early days of knowing "zebra" was coming, mosiacs were one of the first things ruled out.

4 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Huh. I thought back in the early days of knowing "zebra" was coming, mosiacs were one of the first things ruled out.

To be fair, he didn't say that this is the "Zebra" theme. Could be different, tho I understand why people is assuming it is. 

I'll ask him and let you know folks what's the word from it. 

So I talked to him and yeah, he said it's the same thing. 5 themes getting "mosaic" sets that has been previously known as zebra.

Marvel being Ironman

10 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

So I talked to him and yeah, he said it's the same thing. 5 themes getting "mosaic" sets that has been previously known as zebra.

Marvel being Ironman

That’s kind of disappointing...mosaics are cool and I’m excited to see it but that was one of the first guesses and was immediately shot down and then we were promised something “game changing” and now it’s just what everyone thought from the beginning. Also, between this and the busts, I think it’s too many collectible adult oriented sets in such a short span when there’s been nothing before this. I’m definitely going to pick up the Iron Man helmet, but this mosaic is going to have to be really impressive to justify the high price point. 

3 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

That’s kind of disappointing...mosaics are cool and I’m excited to see it but that was one of the first guesses and was immediately shot down and then we were promised something “game changing” and now it’s just what everyone thought from the beginning. Also, between this and the busts, I think it’s too many collectible adult oriented sets in such a short span when there’s been nothing before this. I’m definitely going to pick up the Iron Man helmet, but this mosaic is going to have to be really impressive to justify the high price point. 

I agree I was hoping for something that is really a game-changer, don't get me wrong mosaics are never been done but we need more playsets than this. I hope either of them will have a minifigure inclusion on what specific design of character they are representing. It's a long shot though.

I wouldn’t say I promised that but I think people greatly mistook my game changer comment as something different. People seem to have thought to it meant like 100+ super detailed minifigures with a huge play set. In reality to me it’s a game changer because this is a theme designed specifically for adults (part of the name includes adult). To me that’s game changing because Lego is starting to really focus on afol’s

Hey guys, been away for a while. Seen a lot of debate about new Marvel figs and CMF and it's a lot of pages to go tru xD

Can anyone to a TLDR, the latest think I know is the BW set, wich seems very good. Thanks

18 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

I wouldn’t say I promised that but I think people greatly mistook my game changer comment as something different. People seem to have thought to it meant like 100+ super detailed minifigures with a huge play set. In reality to me it’s a game changer because this is a theme designed specifically for adults (part of the name includes adult). To me that’s game changing because Lego is starting to really focus on afol’s

I personally think that, like the helmets for SW, while mosaics aren't necessarily the greatest thing I would have wanted from the theme, they do show as you say that Afols are getting more attention from lego, and I'll buy at least some of it ito support Afol-catering lines. I was just confused as someone said it wasn't mosaics when we first learnt zebra was coming.

7 minutes ago, StarLord said:

Hey guys, been away for a while. Seen a lot of debate about new Marvel figs and CMF and it's a lot of pages to go tru xD

Can anyone to a TLDR, the latest think I know is the BW set, wich seems very good. Thanks

It was heavily implied that the license of making a CMF based on Marvel Superheroes (no specifics if MCU or Comics) is being worked on.

There will be a bust sets of Ironman and Hulk (similar style to Starwars that has been revealed few days ago)

Previously known for the code Zebra, it is now confirmed as a mosaic set that will contain 1x1 brick. We will get Ironman for Marvel theme.

A bunch of upcoming set descriptions available in Promobricks website.

Just now, Mandalorianknight said:

I was just confused as someone said it wasn't mosaics when we first learnt zebra was coming.

This is true. That's why people jump into other ideas.

1 hour ago, Falconfan1414 said:

I agree that targeting AFOLs with sets like these is game-changing, but it’s not as impactful following the busts/helmets they’re making as those are also targeted towards adult fans. I’m still excited but I was just expecting something else since we ruled out mosaics so quickly. 

I like the fact that Lego starts focusing on AFOLs, but the question is: why does Lego think AFOLs want buildable helmets or mosaics? What AFOLs (most of them) actually want are big, detailed sets with detailed minifigures, without any stud shooters. And I don't mean D2Cs. Of course there are some amazing D2Cs that fall under that description, for example The Upside Down. 

Previous two D2Cs - big Hulbuster with one minifigure and microscale Helicarrier. I would really want a detailed playset that looks like a good MOC, with multiple detailed minifigures.

8 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Previous two D2Cs - big Hulbuster with one minifigure and microscale Helicarrier. I would really want a detailed playset that looks like a good MOC, with multiple detailed minifigures.

THIS! Just give us a huge screenaccurate (and most importantly minifigurescale) set with a bunch of detailed minifigures and I'll buy it for sure! 

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I like the fact that Lego starts focusing on AFOLs, but the question is: why does Lego think AFOLs want buildable helmets or mosaics? What AFOLs (most of them) actually want are big, detailed sets with detailed minifigures, without any stud shooters. And I don't mean D2Cs. Of course there are some amazing D2Cs that fall under that description, for example The Upside Down. 

What adults want is display pieces. These are display pieces

Well, did they say they would focus on adults or on AFOLs? That‘s not the same thing :wink: AFOLs wish for upgraded versions of regular sets which do not necessarily have to appeal to non-AFOL adults. Mosaics, busts/helmets or other minifig-less sets on the other hand might convince a non-AFOL to join us :classic:

I, as an AFOL, want something cool like a D2C of the diorama of the Endgame final battle scene with detailed minifigs, not helmets and mosaics...

1 hour ago, InnerRayg said:

What adults want is display pieces. These are display pieces

Apparently some want to play with their Lego, not display them. Not going to please everyone, though I’m not sure a mosaic is going to satisfy anyone.

26 minutes ago, KevinMD said:

Apparently some want to play with their Lego, not display them. Not going to please everyone, though I’m not sure a mosaic is going to satisfy anyone.

Yeah, in general  i think the helmets were a better idea than mosiacs. 
I think the AFOl vs adult question makes sense here. AFOLS likely don't account for much of the consumer base, maybe a small amount of a theme like star wars or technic but I don't think marvel has as many afols. Adults in general represent a MUCH larger amount of the population, and if lego tries to get people who don't typically buy lego to, say, buy a helmet or mosiac, then they can get more people to buy the set than a $600 endgame final battle playset, for obvious reasons.

1 hour ago, HarryVader said:

I, as an AFOL, want something cool like a D2C of the diorama of the Endgame final battle scene with detailed minifigs, not helmets and mosaics...

The final battle's setting is a brown, smoky pile of rubble, it wouldn't exactly be an interesting display piece. Thanos's ship on the other hand...

36 minutes ago, ood0 said:

The final battle's setting is a brown, smoky pile of rubble, it wouldn't exactly be an interesting display piece. Thanos's ship on the other hand...

Yeah, Sanctuary II with some portals as side builds would be sick 

It is what it is, it's there and already given. I think we should focus on what we are getting than what we want to get. Though I personally believe the dark ages of Lego Marvel Superheroes has come to an end. :wink::angel_sing:

Just now, SpiderJazz said:

It is what it is, it's there and already given. I think we should focus on what we are getting than what we want to get. Though I personally believe the dark ages of Lego Marvel Superheroes has come to an end. :wink::angel_sing:

I like the optimism, and yeah this next wave sounds pretty good.

15 minutes ago, HarryVader said:

Yeah, Sanctuary II with some portals as side builds would be sick 

That would be cool. I think one of the problems with having UCS type sets for marvel is most of the people who would buy them would be the MCU fans, since the comics aren't nearly as popular as the MCU, and with the MCU the only real options for UCS sets are stark tower, hulkbuster, and the helicarrier. However, despite sanctuary ll not being as well known, it had a fair amount of screen time in endgame, the highest-grossing film of all time, so I'd say it could totally sell well, and be one heck of a set.

I never thought there was dark ages to begin with for marvel but yes, this summer wave will be full of great sets and great surprises