Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

5 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Striker, Gamma, Fiddler, Snapper, South Paw will be using special arms. They can cash cow that new mold if ever. Mark 2 and Mark 21 could be made chromed. Everyone will loose their mind. This is gonna beat every CMF that has been released. Yay if only dreams will come true!

Those suits would be fantastic but I'd still prefer to get new characters that haven't been made before. Of course they would include variants of existing figures but it would be great if the amount of variants and new characters was ''perfectly balanced, as all things should be''

1 minute ago, Guyon2002 said:

Those suits would be fantastic but I'd still prefer to get new characters that haven't been made before. Of course they would include variants of existing figures but it would be great if the amount of variants and new characters was ''perfectly balanced, as all things should be''

Actually if they introduce just one of each they can re-use the molds in the sets too. I think figures like Odin, Ego, Kaecilius, SS Cap, Bosco and Homade Spidey suit are badly needed.

On 3/9/2020 at 7:50 PM, SpiderJazz said:

So I had a clear view on the upcoming Hulk big figure and I have some things to point out.

First off, the face printing isn't identically based on the box. Yes, he is indeed smiling but he doesn't have the "grin" on his face. While printing of the mouth doesn't have the teeth like the one in the box art.

This figure doesn't have toe printing and it is not also molded toes by the looks of it. Lastly, the shorts are colored magenta. It's close or the same color with the Hulk in the Red Hulk set (probably to point out that this is not MCU) shorts are tattered differently and it's the first time they are doing that detailing. 

Just now, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Hulk's tattered shorts look really good, I hope we get more leaks soon.

First time we're getting that tattered shorts design, right?

I really hate to ask this question, but what do you think they'll do with the Eternals sets in case Black Widow gets pushed back like so many films just have in the last few hours? BW would have to take the Eternals' spot, which would surely affect the planned sets... :cry_sad:

6 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

I really hate to ask this question, but what do you think they'll do with the Eternals sets in case Black Widow gets pushed back like so many films just have in the last few hours? BW would have to take the Eternals' spot, which would surely affect the planned sets... :cry_sad:

Hasn't the Black Widow set already been released?

5 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

If production continues as normal, I think it'll be interesting to see if they push back the sets. They also MIGHT release black widow on disney+ (with an additional fee or something). I'm no expert, but I've seen that floating around as a possibility. However, it's possible things will be back to normal by may, so it might not even get delayed.

8 minutes ago, BigGuy4U said:

Hasn't the Black Widow set already been released?

I meant the movie, probably could've phrased that more clearly :blush:

@Mandalorianknight: That's out of the question if you ask me, blockbusters make most of their money in cinemas. There's no way a digital release could be a worthwhile option for them.

Edited by Lego-Freak

22 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

I don't think they could actually delay MCU movies... You see, if they pushed back Black Widow for November, Eternals would take Shang-Chi's February spot, this one would take Doctor Strange's May spot and so on. I think best they could do is push it back a few months, like max. till September. 

The sets relates date is almost definitely safe.

41 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

First time we're getting that tattered shorts design, right?

Yeah it seems sharper than previous ones. Hope we get a look at the front and more leaks soon.

15 minutes ago, Legocity2713 said:

Yeah it seems sharper than previous ones. Hope we get a look at the front and more leaks soon.

I'm hoping to see Captain Marvel and War Machine soon. Anyways, I think it's just around the corner knowing we are getting close every day in the official release.

2 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

They also MIGHT release black widow on disney+ (with an additional fee or something).

No way they're gonna put it on Disney+, they'll still gain more profit by releasing it in theaters. However, I wonder if Lego will extend the shelf life of this set because the movie might come out later...

2 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

The sets relates date is almost definitely safe.

I think they will release Black Widow during the summer, maybe July or August instead of May. Eternals sets are still pretty safe imo.

Edited by HarryVader

7 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

Actually if they introduce just one of each they can re-use the molds in the sets too. I think figures like Odin, Ego, Kaecilius, SS Cap, Bosco and Homade Spidey suit are badly needed.

I second all of these, and more. I would like to see characters from past movies that weren’t made. Like Malekith & the Warrior’s Three, & Lady Sif, all sorely missing. The Collector would be a good one as well. 

The Black Widow helicopter is already available here in Australia (I saw it in a LEGO store a while back) and at a fairly good price too (unlike that other helicopter with the white-suit Hulk in it which is way overpriced)

10 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

They also MIGHT release black widow on disney+ (with an additional fee or something). I'm no expert, but I've seen that floating around as a possibility. However, it's possible things will be back to normal by may, so it might not even get delayed.

Besides not being a viable option for Disney financially that would also be kind of insulting to Johansson as she fought for this solo movie for years 

7 hours ago, HarryVader said:

I think they will release Black Widow during the summer, maybe July or August instead of May. Eternals sets are still pretty safe imo.

Looking at previous outbreaks it doesn't look like the coronavirus will be gone when summer comes around. Most outbreaks last around a year (or more)

4 hours ago, Vindicare said:

I second all of these, and more. I would like to see characters from past movies that weren’t made. Like Malekith & the Warrior’s Three, & Lady Sif, all sorely missing. The Collector would be a good one as well. 

I don't really see them doing the Collector. A ton of people want to get him but they've already released him as a SDCC figure, but I guess never say never.
I'd definetely like to see the Warriors 3 and Sif but they wouldn't be on my personal list for the first series (considering there would only be 16 spots)

If I'd had to make a list containing 16 figures I'd like to see in a first series they would be: Peggy Carter, Odin, Kaecilius, Ego, Spider-Man (homemade or upgraded suit), Wasp, Malekith, Quicksilver, M'Baku, Stealth suit Cap, Ronin, Black Widow (EG), War Machine (EG), Valkyrie (armor), Scarlet Witch (IW/EG) and a unique Iron Man variant with new molds

4 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Besides not being a viable option for Disney financially that would also be kind of insulting to Johansson as she fought for this solo movie for years 

It was just a rumor I read, I didn't say I thought it was a good idea.

Saw on Instagram from a reliable leaker that there'll be a new theme, with 5 sets, using 1x1 tiles to create a mosaic like image, which includes Iron Man. So I guess if it's correct, this is 'Zebra'

34 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Saw on Instagram from a reliable leaker that there'll be a new theme, with 5 sets, using 1x1 tiles to create a mosaic like image, which includes Iron Man. So I guess if it's correct, this is 'Zebra'

This sounds pretty cool but does not interest me personally. I want Marvel minifigs haha

19 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Looking at previous outbreaks it doesn't look like the coronavirus will be gone when summer comes around. Most outbreaks last around a year (or more)

Even when the outbreak ends, the economy will be a mess. We are entering another 'great depression' a lot of people are going to be financially destroyed, travel and trade will have more restrictions, let alone the fear that public gatherings will entail. Lego is going to be hit quite hard in sales also, a lot of sets are going to be delayed due to this and its possible future sets could be impacted by the loss of individuals who work on creating new sets. 

2 hours ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Interesting concept, but depends on execution. I think a sort of 'stained glass' style approach would be enough to justify getting one, if the design was well done. 

On 3/12/2020 at 11:23 PM, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I don't think they could actually delay MCU movies... 

Phase 4 is going to be delayed by around 6 - 12 months regardless;

• Filming for Shang Chi began in Early 2020 in Australia, but has exposed the cast/crew/director to the virus
  • They shutdown production because of the outbreak and they are losing 300k each day it is delayed
  • The director may have Coronavirus and is being tested and self-isolating as we speak
  • Doctor Strange 2 was meant to start filming in May 2020, but lacks a director and has no chance of filming at that time due to Coronavirus
  • Spider-man 3 was meant to start filming in July 2020, in Atlanta, Los Angeles, New York, and Iceland - but at least two of these locations will still be in peak Coronavirus
  • Thor 4 was meant to start filming in August 2020, in Australia, but the effects of Coronavirus on Australia may prevent this

Most experts expect we wont get a peak until June/July so Eternals will be the last Marvel movie until potentially 2022

Edited by Scarilian

4 hours ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Really? Because mosaics were one of the first guesses thrown around when the ‚Zebra’ rumours started and that idea was shot down IIRC :shrug_oh_well:

Aside from previously revealed Ironman bust, there will be a Hulk bust set too. Source is my friend minilegogo over Instagram.

1 hour ago, SpiderJazz said:

Aside from previously revealed Ironman bust, there will be a Hulk bust set too. Source is my friend minilegogo over Instagram.

Looking at the shapes of the Stormtrooper bust I really don't see how they could make a good organic looking face. But I'll reserve my judgement for the setpictures

2 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Why did they choose Hulk over Spider-Man? It seems like the most logical choice after Iron Man.

Maybe they thought that having two mostly red busts would look too similar on shelves, so they went with red and green so they stand out. If they sell, I'm sure Spidey will be in a second wave.

1 hour ago, Felkin said:

Maybe they thought that having two mostly red busts would look too similar on shelves, so they went with red and green so they stand out. If they sell, I'm sure Spidey will be in a second wave.

That actually makes sense tbh.