Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

On 6 March 2020 at 10:46 PM, Mandalorianknight said:

I don't believe a hulkbuster would work well with the game's mechanics and how the hero system works, but it could certainly show up in one of those comics.

Fair. So im guessing it IS a comic hulk buster they're doing?

Super late to the party here, but I'm looking at this newest wave of spider-man sets and it's kind of crazy how...derivative they are. There are only three new real characters here and near all the builds focus around Venom. I love Venom a lot!! BUT I don't understand the marketing decision to have both a Venom crawler and a Venom dino. If they're really going for a Venom-verse wave or something...they should have had like at least 4 more Venomized heroes and villains like Funko Pop has been putting out to great success for the past year. 

But not only are they derivative to themselves, they're very reminiscent to last years wave too...this is the exact same spider-man, no? Not even one new variant for him? I mean, you can milk Spider-man for decades with all (just Peter's) variants! No need to have the exact same suit two years in a row. Did the budget get cut in half or something? I thought it was bad last year seeing the huge step down from Infinity War to Endgame.

Some of the builds aren't terrible. I personally love the venom dino. It's really weird, but fun. As I said I don't really like the idea of wasting a whole set on another venom vehicle (the venom crawler,) but I guess at least it's somewhat cool to have both a venom crawler and a Spidey crawler. They should have just been one set though. 

All in all these past two years have made me very nervous for the future of this line. It's hard for me to justify buying some of these.

Wow this is unexpected. I’ve been in the process of trying to downsize and sell off 80-90% of my collection (really only keeping superhero stuff I like) but I WILL buy this entire series. Give us some sought after characters and variants and you’ll have a forum full of happy folks for once. :head_back:

3 hours ago, DeCommander96 said:

Fair. So im guessing it IS a comic hulk buster they're doing?

Yes, probably, unless a game comic shows it off or something.

3 hours ago, Ultron said:

But not only are they derivative to themselves, they're very reminiscent to last years wave too...this is the exact same spider-man, no? Not even one new variant for him? I mean, you can milk Spider-man for decades with all (just Peter's) variants! No need to have the exact same suit two years in a row. Did the budget get cut in half or something? I thought it was bad last year seeing the huge step down from Infinity War to Endgame.

he had the same suit from 2012-2018, so using the same suit for two years isn't a downgrade. 

2 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

he had the same suit from 2012-2018, so using the same suit for two years isn't a downgrade. 

Yes, but he just had sets sprinkled here and there for the most part and not two large waves back to back. Stands out more to me when it's a lot of the suit at once rather than in one or two sets each year. 

9 minutes ago, SuperGrover said:

I like the new suit.

As do I, I think @Ultron's gripe is that we've gotten so many of it. I don't really mind, it's only been two years and we've had a variety of other spider-men and women coming in the same sets, so it's not like we're lacking variety.

That or he's just salty about sokovia, and that meteor plan of his.

47 minutes ago, SuperGrover said:

I like the new suit.

Same here. Dual molded boots, vibrant iconic colors, the head print is best we’ve ever had, and great accessories.

I will take a classic Symbiote suit any day now though Lego. Don’t make them put it in a movie first.

I hope the rumored minifigure wave has tons of iron man armors. A lot of the pieces would carry over (the striker and red snapper attachments could work on the fiddler and southpaw). It’s a shame that the hall of armor would probably be discontinued at that point because I’d probably buy at least 2 more. If they do the Midas or Mark 2 I hope they would be colored like the shiny C3PO. 

1 hour ago, Captain_MKA said:

I hope the rumored minifigure wave has tons of iron man armors. A lot of the pieces would carry over (the striker and red snapper attachments could work on the fiddler and southpaw). It’s a shame that the hall of armor would probably be discontinued at that point because I’d probably buy at least 2 more. If they do the Midas or Mark 2 I hope they would be colored like the shiny C3PO. 

Most sets have a lifespan of ~1,5 years. Though if a set does well it'll obviously be longer, most of the first wave of Harry Potter is still in production for example. The Hall of Armour does fairly well afaik so I think it'll stick around for a little longer 

11 hours ago, SuperGrover said:

I like the new suit.

It seems with Spider-Man, Lego is content to use the same suit for years - just look at the last iteration and how long it took to upgrade that.

That being said, I agree with you - this is a really nice upgrade and the dual molded legs being relatively ubiquitous is nice.

A Marvel CMF would be amazing! I’d definitely want an MCU based one over a comics one, at least for the first series. It could really fill in the gaps. 

5 hours ago, Captain_MKA said:

I hope the rumored minifigure wave has tons of iron man armors.

God, no. I get that there are still several missing, but there are sooo many already. I could still use a MkII, MkIII and MkIV, but that'd be enough for me.

5 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

A Marvel CMF would be amazing! I’d definitely want an MCU based one over a comics one, at least for the first series. It could really fill in the gaps. 

This! This would be the best use of a Marvel CMF for me. I can think of so many characters that I'd like to see. Or versions (mainly civilian) of already-released characters.
Short list:

Ho Yinsen
Obediah Stane
Rhodey (military or civ. clothes)
Ivan Vanko (with MkI Whiplash gear)
WWII Cap
Captain America, S.H.I.E.L.D. stealth suit

God, now I really hope this will be the rumored CMF :cry_happy:

Regards,
Mitch

13 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

If the rumor is indeed true I wonder if it would be mcu or comics they would start with first?

Probably the MCU, they are a lot more mainstream and popular than the comics

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

The leaks aren't dead yet, there is a pic of Hulk's ...behind on IG :thumbup:

Weird bodypart to show off but okay..... at least it does look pretty decent (though I prefer blue pants)

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

Probably the MCU, they are a lot more mainstream and popular than the comics

True. They are the hot cakes now.

14 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

If the rumor is indeed true I wonder if it would be mcu or comics they would start with first?

MCU all the way.

MCU could solve a lot of problems such as red guardian, wasp with right helmet, Ronin, Peggy Carter, Fat Thor, scale suit and stealth suit cap, white suit black widow, professor hulk, the endgame war machine 

If it's gonna be MCU I can see the half of the series tho being Ironman suits. Trust me on that, even if it's not half. We will get multiple on Ironman suits.

26 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

MCU could solve a lot of problems such as red guardian, wasp with right helmet, Ronin, Peggy Carter, Fat Thor, scale suit and stealth suit cap, white suit black widow, professor hulk, the endgame war machine 

I'd prefer a Prof Hulk bigfigure (in a normal set) over a CMF minifigure. Red Guardian, Wasp, Ronin, Carter, EG Rhodey and SS Cap would be great but Stormtrooper Widow and fat Thor wouldn't be on my personal list

31 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

If it's gonna be MCU I can see the half of the series tho being Ironman suits. Trust me on that, even if it's not half. We will get multiple on Ironman suits.

it’s not going to be half that’s wayyy to much. Look at what they did with the batman in the 3 dc series. 5, 2, 1-2 (depending if you call Batmite a Batman variant). Max will be 5 but I doubt it will be that much 

Most Iron Man suits don't really fit in a CMF imo. There are a few suits that would definetely benefit from a CMF budget (Striker comes to mind) but most suits could easily be included in a set as a nice bonus figure with the standard level of Iron Man printing

13 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

it’s not going to be half that’s wayyy to much. Look at what they did with the batman in the 3 dc series. 5, 2, 1-2 (depending if you call Batmite a Batman variant). Max will be 5 but I doubt it will be that much 

The first two were Lego Batman Movie series, not DC (although we got a lot of DC characters), so it made sense that they had a lot of Batman himself.

9 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Most Iron Man suits don't really fit in a CMF imo. There are a few suits that would definetely benefit from a CMF budget (Striker comes to mind) but most suits could easily be included in a set as a nice bonus figure with the standard level of Iron Man printing

Striker, Gamma, Fiddler, Snapper, South Paw will be using special arms. They can cash cow that new mold if ever. Mark 2 and Mark 21 could be made chromed. Everyone will loose their mind. This is gonna beat every CMF that has been released. Yay if only dreams will come true!