Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

3 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

I'm not saying you are assuming anything, I'm saying a D2C is taking wishfull thinking to the extreme and the impact will more likely be quality related

Then we are on the same page, mate :)

6 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

I think we will see the impact this will have soon ;)

Great, I hope they get more funding so we can get more new prints/molds!

On 3/4/2020 at 3:00 PM, Mandalorianknight said:

Given how they didn't seem to anticipate the mandalorian and scrambled to get those other sets with "the child" produced as fast as possible, I'd assume they don't want to make that same mistake with the marvel disney+ shows.

I disagree. I think they were waiting to release the Razor Crest and The Child when Disney+ was more worldwide, since it's less likely that people would buy the set if they had no way of watching the show.

16 minutes ago, ood0 said:

I disagree. I think they were waiting to release the Razor Crest and The Child when Disney+ was more worldwide, since it's less likely that people would buy the set if they had no way of watching the show.

Not to mention that The Child was kept so under wraps that none of the merchandise companies knew about him before the episode came out. There's no way he would've been in a set at, prior to, or shortly after the show's launch.

1 hour ago, BigGuy4U said:

Not to mention that The Child was kept so under wraps that none of the merchandise companies knew about him before the episode came out. There's no way he would've been in a set at, prior to, or shortly after the show's launch.

And with this in mind, I'd much rather have a Falcon and the Winter Soldier or WandaVision set released after the series, with figures that wouldn't spoil the series prior to release, than just one set released prior, but without interesting figures that people would want after watching the show

45 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

And with this in mind, I'd much rather have a Falcon and the Winter Soldier or WandaVision set released after the series, with figures that wouldn't spoil the series prior to release, than just one set released prior, but without interesting figures that people would want after watching the show

True, atleast Lego would know what to do and probably has a better chance of being accurate.

2 hours ago, Quicksilver838 said:

If there is a F&WS set I don't think it would be more than Falcon, Bucky and Zemo. Sure, US Agent and Sharon Carter would be really cool to get too but so would Red Guardian and we didn't get him either. 

I don't remember seeing someone mention it here but Marvel has been releasing prequel comics for the Avengers game over the last few weeks. The cover for the Iron Man issue shows the Avengers Game version of the Avengers Tower, so if the summer sets are based off the game it would most likely look like this:

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor marvel gamerverse iron man

6 hours ago, ood0 said:

well, the merchandise companies like lego actually didn't know about the child before the release of the show, so at the very least the brickheadz and baby yoda figure in the razorcrest were rushed, likely also the ship itself.  Most SW fans know the razorcrest and baby yoda even if they don't have disney+ or live in the us, and EVERYBODY knows baby yoda even if they're not in the US.

But anyway, my point is that they won't be eager to make the same mistake again.

20 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

I don't remember seeing someone mention it here but Marvel has been releasing prequel comics for the Avengers game over the last few weeks. The cover for the Iron Man issue shows the Avengers Game version of the Avengers Tower, so if the summer sets are based off the game it would most likely look like this:

is there a mention of a game hulkbuster anywhere?

4 hours ago, DeCommander96 said:

is there a mention of a game hulkbuster anywhere?

I don't believe a hulkbuster would work well with the game's mechanics and how the hero system works, but it could certainly show up in one of those comics.

Star Wars helmets leaked, so that gives us an idea on what we could expect from Iron Man helmet.

I personally think they look awful. I hate those studs all over the helmet.

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Star Wars helmets leaked, so that gives us an idea on what we could expect from Iron Man helmet.

I personally think they look awful. I hate those studs all over the helmet.

Agree, at least that saves me some money on those 3 sets

I love the look of the SW helmets and can’t wait for the Iron Man one. I truly don’t understand the stud hate on these and other sets- studs make it look like LEGO and personally I think the designers manage to strike a nice balance between smooth and studded surfaces 90% of the time. 

If that is the Avengers Tower we’re getting over the summer, I’ll be pretty happy. It has a similar look to the MCU one but it’s more angular and I like the greenish color. 

54 minutes ago, BusterNut31 said:

lets try and keep it Marvel based please.

This is marvel based...... we're getting an Iron Man set build in the same way the Stormtrooper and Boba Fett helmets are. The reveal of those 2 sets shows us what to expect from that IM set

15 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I love the look of the SW helmets and can’t wait for the Iron Man one. I truly don’t understand the stud hate on these and other sets- studs make it look like LEGO and personally I think the designers manage to strike a nice balance between smooth and studded surfaces 90% of the time.

Agreed. I think the stormtrooper does look severely flawed, but the boba fett looks good. Studs, as you say, are what make them look like legos. That said, I don't think i'd pick up an iron man one.

1 hour ago, BusterNut31 said:

lets try and keep it Marvel based please.

as @Guyon2002 says, this IS marvel based, we're talking about sets that will be the same style to the iron man one.

I'm really curious if they'll use regular red or dark red, and also about yellow, dark yellow or gold. It would look stunning with dark red/gold combination, but my hopes for that one are low.

17 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I'm really curious if they'll use regular red or dark red, and also about yellow, dark yellow or gold. It would look stunning with dark red/gold combination, but my hopes for that one are low.

Most likely the same as the Brickheadz set

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor lego brickheadz iron man

11 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

This is marvel based...... we're getting an Iron Man set build in the same way the Stormtrooper and Boba Fett helmets are. The reveal of those 2 sets shows us what to expect from that IM set

disagree.

you could copy and paste this in the Star Wars thread easily. I just mentioned it as the previous comments made sense to be here but I felt that more and more people would just share their opinions on the Star Wars busts released.

Edited by BusterNut31
typed the same thing twice.

54 minutes ago, BusterNut31 said:

disagree.

you could copy and paste this in the Star Wars thread easily. I just mentioned it as the previous comments made sense to be here but I felt that more and more people would just share their opinions on the Star Wars busts released.

That's the thing, looking at wether or not you like the look of the Star Wars helmets gives a pretty damn good indication of wether or not you will like the Iron Man helmet. As long as people stick to these helmet sets this discussion is Marvel related

15 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

That's the thing, looking at wether or not you like the look of the Star Wars helmets gives a pretty damn good indication of wether or not you will like the Iron Man helmet. As long as people stick to these helmet sets this discussion is Marvel related

I agree with you. Just remember to mention the iron man bust to keep us all on track. Easy to get swept away as we are all Star Wars fans too. ;)

I do hope the Helicarrier has a good interior section to it. The original D2C we received would have been great if it hadn't been micro scale.

So I had a clear view on the upcoming Hulk big figure and I have some things to point out.

First off, the face printing isn't identically based on the box. Yes, he is indeed smiling but he doesn't have the "grin" on his face. While printing of the mouth doesn't have the teeth like the one in the box art.

This figure doesn't have toe printing and it is not also molded toes by the looks of it. Lastly, the shorts are colored magenta. It's close or the same color with the Hulk in the Red Hulk set (probably to point out that this is not MCU) shorts are tattered differently and it's the first time they are doing that detailing.