Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

A little disappointed that Taskmaster's head is not blue (we can't recreate scenes of him without the hood), but this is a very good set

Just got new Black Widow set and it's really good! Minifigures are quite good and so is the chopper build. Kinda wish we would have gotten second set based on the movies, but we don't...

Edited by benderisgreat

30 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

Just got new Black Widow set and it's quite good! Minifigures are quite good and so is the chopper build. Kinda wish we would have gotten second set based on the movies, but we don't...

I'll be waiting for a decent discount for the Black Widow set but from the pictures it does look really good, only bad argument I can think of is Red Guardian's absence

22 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I'll be waiting for a decent discount for the Black Widow set but from the pictures it does look really good, only bad argument I can think of is Red Guardian's absence

Yeah, that's the only downside, really. It doesn't even seem overpriced.

2 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Yeah, that's the only downside, really. It doesn't even seem overpriced.

True, it's not overpriced. But it's not really a set I need right now so I'll just wait for a discount to save some money

Just noticed something curious about helicopter from BW set, it's basically a color swap of a 60093 set from City line! This makes me so sad that Lego just color swaps a set and tries to sell it as something new for a different theme.

1 hour ago, benderisgreat said:

Just noticed something curious about helicopter from BW set, it's basically a color swap of a 60093 set from City line! This makes me so sad that Lego just color swaps a set and tries to sell it as something new for a different theme.

I disagree. You can definetely see design differences between the two, the only reason they look the same is because they're based on the same type of helicopter (a Chinook)

2 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I disagree. You can definetely see design differences between the two, the only reason they look the same is because they're based on the same type of helicopter (a Chinook)

There's some differences with landing gear and windows placement, but overall it's almost the same model. 

On 3/1/2020 at 2:26 PM, Guyon2002 said:

True, it's not overpriced. But it's not really a set I need right now so I'll just wait for a discount to save some money

Same here.

On 3/1/2020 at 3:46 PM, benderisgreat said:

There's some differences with landing gear and windows placement, but overall it's almost the same model. 

It's partially because there are some very large pieces used in both sets, partially because they're based off the same type of helicopter, as @Guyon2002 says. Lego isn't just being lazy here, they're trying to best represent the helicopter and they already have some parts and techniques that work, but it's far from a carbon copy. Had this been something different it would likely have been some orange and blue stupid-lloking taskmaster helicopter and we'd all be complaining that it's another random garbage vehicle. 

If someone makes a post saying "oh look lego deadpool leaked", I WILL go insane. Use your brains people.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

After being one of the best selling themes in the first half of 2019 LEGO Marvel Super Heroes is also one of the best selling themes of 2019 in it's entirety

2019_202003040924.png

Well it’s official now Marvel is one of best selling themes of 2019! But what message does it send to LEGO:”We need to put more effort and quality in this theme” or “we can put minimum effort and still make big bucks”? I really hope it’s the first one.

1 hour ago, benderisgreat said:

Well it’s official now Marvel is one of best selling themes of 2019! But what message does it send to LEGO:”We need to put more effort and quality in this theme” or “we can put minimum effort and still make big bucks”? I really hope it’s the first one.

I can say from what we've gotten so far compare to last year it's better.

I hope while Marvel quality goes up, the quantity does not go up crazy like Star Wars. I want my wallet to survive. We need less remakes and more new characters. 

28 minutes ago, HarryVader said:

I hope while Marvel quality goes up, the quantity does not go up crazy like Star Wars. I want my wallet to survive. We need less remakes and more new characters. 

I really hope this improves our chances of getting Marvel Disney+ sets, I'd say LEGO will definetely want to capitalize on those shows

16 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I really hope this improves our chances of getting Marvel Disney+ sets, I'd say LEGO will definetely want to capitalize on those shows

Me too. I need Zemo

38 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Given how they didn't seem to anticipate the mandalorian and scrambled to get those other sets with "the child" produced as fast as possible, I'd assume they don't want to make that same mistake with the marvel disney+ shows.

To thank us for our continued support they can give us a Bricktober type pack with all the minifigures they’ve missed in the past. Or any kind of special set.

58 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

I think we will see the impact this will have soon ;)

D2C?

9 minutes ago, namioik said:

D2C?

That's a bit extreme don't you think? I think the 'impact' FalconFan is refering to is more targeted towards setdesign and figure quality

1 hour ago, Falconfan1414 said:

I think we will see the impact this will have soon ;)

Eternals sets?

Edited by benderisgreat

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

That's a bit extreme don't you think? I think the 'impact' FalconFan is refering to is more targeted towards setdesign and figure quality

Not assuming anything, just asking (and hopeful wishing)

2 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

Eternals sets?

Those were already confirmed (unless you are referring to the quality of said sets, in which case I have said absolutely nothing :wink: )

1 minute ago, namioik said:

Not assuming anything, just asking (and hopeful wishing)

I'm not saying you are assuming anything, I'm saying a D2C is taking wishfull thinking to the extreme and the impact will more likely be quality related

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

Those were already confirmed (unless you are referring to the quality of said sets, in which case I have said absolutely nothing :wink: )

I'm not saying you are assuming anything, I'm saying a D2C is taking wishfull thinking to the extreme and the impact will more likely be quality related

Yep, the quality part.