Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

23 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

What's next ? Venom Shark vs Spider-Submarine? :sarcasm_smug:

I know the T-Rex was a thing in the comics.

But, just saying, that there are Spider-Man villains out there, that never made by LEGO yet, like Lizard.

I’m surprised we haven’t gotten Lizard. He was in one of the Amazing Spider-Man movies.

$80 USD? Oh gods this is just the Hulk Helicopter Drop all over again . . no. Sorry LEGO, but I’m putting my foot down here. I’m not buying this set at that price. Just no. 

1 hour ago, SuperGrover said:

Hey, do we have any news on the helecarrior yet? Besides who’s in it? Like pictures, or release date?

June

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

June

Well, in europe. Most summer sets come out in june in europe, but august in the U.S. Because of that, we'll probably see pictures in may, but there's no guarantee for a worldwide june release.

On 2/24/2020 at 3:58 AM, Mandalorianknight said:

I may be biased as I vividely remember having my police arrest vader when I was a kid

Lord, I’m old. In the 80s we had to make our own Vaders with a Castle footsoldier helmet and a red Space Police arial. And even then we had to wait until 1990 for the black ghost head.

So since everyone was wondering why there’s supposed to be another Hulkbuster later this year... Are we taking bets yet on whether it’s Venomized??

34 minutes ago, ReversibleSedgewick said:

So since everyone was wondering why there’s supposed to be another Hulkbuster later this year... Are we taking bets yet on whether it’s Venomized??

Wasn't it supposed to be a Rescue version of the Hulkbuster? 

24 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

No the description called said for minifigures “iron man rescue”. Pretty sure it will be a new style of hulk buster. Who knows it might even use a piece different then the dome piece we are used to for hulk busters 

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

No, normal iron man red/gold hulkbuster, it comes with rescue though. Now I don't have to buy the hulk helicopter drop :)

1 hour ago, Falconfan1414 said:

No the description called said for minifigures “iron man rescue”. Pretty sure it will be a new style of hulk buster. Who knows it might even use a piece different then the dome piece we are used to for hulk busters 

That's a mistake on my part then

22 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

No, normal iron man red/gold hulkbuster, it comes with rescue though. Now I don't have to buy the hulk helicopter drop :)

I still have to see how I'm getting Rescue. This hulkbuster doesn't sound particularly interesting to me but I despise the helicopter drop (though I do also want the Stark Gauntlet)

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

That's a mistake on my part then

I still have to see how I'm getting Rescue. This hulkbuster doesn't sound particularly interesting to me but I despise the helicopter drop (though I do also want the Stark Gauntlet)

Personally I just collect hulkbusters in my Iron man suit collection, but Honestly it's $20 less than the heli and I can sell the other figures, so I don't really care how the hulkbuster looks.

Has anyone picked up the new black widow set? I know it comes out on March 1st but some stores have it early...

Edited by BusterNut31

5 hours ago, BusterNut31 said:

Has anyone picked up the new black widow set? I know it comes out on March 1st but some stores have it early...

That's actually a weird situation with BW set. Usually sets appear in stores earlier and there are some reviews on YouTube 2 weeks before official release, but it doesn't seem to be the case this time around.

Just now, benderisgreat said:

That's actually a weird situation with BW set. Usually sets appear in stores earlier and there are some reviews on YouTube 2 weeks before official release, but it doesn't seem to be the case this time around.

Definetely not a weird situation, a streetdate is a streetdate. It's about time stores started to actually follow these dates.

Actually following these streetdates also prevents people from complaining about not being allowed to buy a set early (like a certain someone, who shall remain unnamed by me, did not too long ago)

14 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Definetely not a weird situation, a streetdate is a streetdate. It's about time stores started to actually follow these dates.

Actually following these streetdates also prevents people from complaining about not being allowed to buy a set early (like a certain someone, who shall remain unnamed by me, did not too long ago)

Honestly I'd prefer to see a couple of reviews before release date just to get a feel of the set. Never hurts a consumer to see what you are buying before making a purchase.

9 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

Honestly I'd prefer to see a couple of reviews before release date just to get a feel of the set. Never hurts a consumer to see what you are buying before making a purchase.

I agree with that. But I'm perfectly fine with waiting for those reviews after the release date or reading/watching a review from someone who actually got a set early from lego themselves.

Streetdates exist for a reason, companies should enforce them imo

42 minutes ago, Anonknee Muss said:

I think y’all are forgetting who the sets are aimed at. Children.

What does that have to do with stores following or not following streetdates?

54 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

What does that have to do with stores following or not following streetdates?

Whats wrong with people being able to get stuff early?

17 minutes ago, legosamsonite said:

Whats wrong with people being able to get stuff early?

It's very much a subjective thing, I'm personally not a big fan of it. LEGO has streetdates and the stores who sell lego know this, therefore they should follow them. I don't necessarily have a problem with people being able to get stuff early, I have a problem with stores not following such simple rules/guidelines. Also, one side of the world having new sets while most of the world is still waiting is kinda annoying (though that also happens the other way around with general releasedates).

But we should probably go back to topic.

On 2/27/2020 at 8:53 PM, Guyon2002 said:

I agree with that. But I'm perfectly fine with waiting for those reviews after the release date or reading/watching a review from someone who actually got a set early from lego themselves.

Streetdates exist for a reason, companies should enforce them imo

Then companies shouldn’t put sets on shelves and have a streetdate

Thus far I have the

2 out 3 of the mechs sets

1 x spiderman set with jet and venom mechs

1 X Captain Marvel polybag 

With all the Marvel sets been released, my wallet is going to sustain some pretty hefty damage!

Hows everyone else's collection thus far? 

9 hours ago, Anonknee Muss said:

I think y’all are forgetting who the sets are aimed at. Children.

I'll second @Guyon2002's question, what the heck does this have to do with streetdates?

6 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

It's very much a subjective thing, I'm personally not a big fan of it. LEGO has streetdates and the stores who sell lego know this, therefore they should follow them. I don't necessarily have a problem with people being able to get stuff early, I have a problem with stores not following such simple rules/guidelines. Also, one side of the world having new sets while most of the world is still waiting is kinda annoying (though that also happens the other way around with general releasedates).

But we should probably go back to topic.

I'm with you here. It's not wrong for someone to get a set early, but it is wrong for a store to purposely not follow the streetdate.

17 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I'll second @Guyon2002's question, what the heck does this have to do with streetdates?

I'm with you here. It's not wrong for someone to get a set early, but it is wrong for a store to purposely not follow the streetdate.

Spot on, staff  need to stick tto k the release date, issue is most of these places employ kids still at school! 

This guy usually review custom minifigure stuff that is beyond the usual pricing of a lego minifigure.

Was surprised it's the only review on YT for the Black Widow set:

It's in korean language so just use your page translation.

I know local stores that used to release stock early here have been reprimanded, so seems it is being enforced actively now. Looking forward to the BW set. Best Marvel set in a while, as at least the chopper makes sense, and seems to be a far better build than some of the junk we've had this year.

8 hours ago, ApocSlay said:

I know local stores that used to release stock early here have been reprimanded, so seems it is being enforced actively now. Looking forward to the BW set. Best Marvel set in a while, as at least the chopper makes sense, and seems to be a far better build than some of the junk we've had this year.

Agreed. This is a really good-looking set, it's what lego marvel would ideally be like. Unfortunately, most 6-8 yr olds would probably take the spider-crawlers over a nondescript black helicopter.