Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

15 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

This looks really good. Venomosaurus is better than I expected, it's amazing. Spider Truck is yet another unnecessary vehicle. I also LOVE the side build with an egg, so well built. Minifigures are also amazing, but it's our 3rd Venom this year. 

Do we know anything about release date and price?

I actually really like this one. The venomasaurus is comic book stupidity at it's finest and was a great choice, and the figures are all great too.

10 hours ago, tafkatb said:

Spiders-Man, who is definitely a perfectly normal human, and not at all a mass of spiders stuffed into a Spider-Man suit, and definitely didn't eat Peter Parker and collectively absorb his consciousness. Totally normal human guy, Spiders-Man.

Ah yes, your friendly neighborhood, very family friendly, totally great for a lego figure, spiders man.

07.jpg

Not the Ve'nam one then. I was close though.

ljo5qd8m4utx.jpg

Definitely based on Old Man Logan. I feel like I'm missing something by not getting around to reading it yet.

13 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

But if they wanna keep pushing him, at least do a different face print, hell give us a half Venom/half Brock face!

I would rather get something else to differentiate future Venom's. Sure, I'd love a Venom with a half Venom/half Brock face but with lego's current light-on-dark-printing quality it wouldn't look good anyway

I know that Venomsaur is a comic book thing but I find rather odd that they are releasing this set while having a Jurassic World line going on. Kind of an overlap. 

Too bad licensing issues prevent LEGO doing a Marvel CMF series, if they could do a marvel CMF series it would let them make characters that would never otherwise be in a set (as they did with the Batman and DC series where we got characters like Clock King or Bat-Mite)

15 minutes ago, jonwil said:

Too bad licensing issues prevent LEGO doing a Marvel CMF series, if they could do a marvel CMF series it would let them make characters that would never otherwise be in a set (as they did with the Batman and DC series where we got characters like Clock King or Bat-Mite)

Or it would be a chance to get every character as Venom :laugh::grin:

3 hours ago, ood0 said:

Not the Ve'nam one then. I was close though.

Definitely based on Old Man Logan. I feel like I'm missing something by not getting around to reading it yet.

Hold up, the venomasaurus rex was in Illinois? Something this level of comic-book ridiculousness means I might have to get the set now.

2 hours ago, Robert8 said:

I know that Venomsaur is a comic book thing but I find rather odd that they are releasing this set while having a Jurassic World line going on. Kind of an overlap. 

I think it's actually a smart move. Most kids 8 or so and under mix all thier lego themes, so there are alot of kids who probably play with the jurassic world and spiderman sets already.

(Although I may be biased as I vividely remember having my police arrest vader when I was a kid)

18 hours ago, Brick Cucumber said:

These are more obscure versions in my opinion. But in terms of more major Spider Character that we haven't gotten, Superior Spider-man, Spider-UK and Man-Spider come to mind.

We also haven't gotten white suite 2099 and a bunch of the more modern suit variants. Mainly Big Time and Ends of the Earth Spider Armor. It looks like they're focusing specifically on stuff tying into Spider-Verse, so if I had to guess I'd say we'll see SP//DR as the next Spider-Man set vehicle.

8 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Hold up, the venomasaurus rex was in Illinois? Something this level of comic-book ridiculousness means I might have to get the set now.

It's really overlooked that dinosaurs are just kind of a thing in the marvel landscape. Although, there is the theory that it's Devil Dinosaur wearing the symbiote in the apocalypse. 

Just now, shadefoundry said:

We also haven't gotten white suite 2099 and a bunch of the more modern suit variants. Mainly Big Time and Ends of the Earth Spider Armor. It looks like they're focusing specifically on stuff tying into Spider-Verse, so if I had to guess I'd say we'll see SP//DR as the next Spider-Man set vehicle.

I was trying to focus on different characters rather than variants on ones that we've already gotten (you know how Lego likes to reuse figures).
I initially thought that the Spider-Man mech this wave was the Sp//der mech. But definitely see us getting one soon with the new Marvel mech line-up

Edited by Brick Cucumber

13 hours ago, Quicksilver838 said:

I'm glad at least this Venom has the black web pieces, and the Outrider back piece, so it's not just another plain Venom. But if they wanna keep pushing him, at least do a different face print, hell give us a half Venom/half Brock face!

Ooh, that's a great idea! :oh:

12 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

I would rather get something else to differentiate future Venom's. Sure, I'd love a Venom with a half Venom/half Brock face but with lego's current light-on-dark-printing quality it wouldn't look good anyway

Good point. A nice alternative might be some new helmet-type mold (proably made of rubber) to represent the symbiote spreading over his face.

12 hours ago, Robert8 said:

I dunno, it's actually kinda nice, I think. You can use a regular t-rex and have a lot of black pieces to play out a scene where the dinosaur becomes venomized :tongue:

Regards,
Mitch

$80 is very overpriced... especially considering this set has neither big-figs nor extremely large pieces....

$80? That’s just silly! I still want it, so I think I might use my vip pints or look for discounts at target/Wal-Mart. I bet on day of release it’ll already be like 20% off there. If not, I’ll wait for a few months, maybe till august. I guess LEGO must have some requirement for dinosaur sets to be overpriced, because else this doesn’t make any sense.

edit: just noticed the official out of box picture for the set doesn’t have Spider-Man on it, strange mistake.

Edited by NetherCreeper
Added details

18 minutes ago, NetherCreeper said:

I guess LEGO must have some requirement for dinosaur sets to be overpriced, because else this doesn’t make any sense.

3-in-1 Creator Dinosaur from 2017 been a big exception but because it's Creator it's often overlooked :shrug_confused:

10 minutes ago, TeriXeri said:

3-in-1 Creator Dinosaur from 2017 been a big exception but because it's Creator it's often overlooked :shrug_confused:

Oh, I know, I even have that set. I was just joking, it’s probably the new molds for spider ham and the new shooter that boost the price like that. Still doesn’t make it worth it.

13 minutes ago, NetherCreeper said:

Oh, I know, I even have that set. I was just joking, it’s probably the new molds for spider ham and the new shooter that boost the price like that. Still doesn’t make it worth it.

Agree, I do somewhat like the Dino but that truck is just meh, the brick-shaped shooter part has potential in other themes however.

Yikes, $80 is way too much for that set, even though I do really want a comic Iron Spider (missed out on the last one). I'll probably wait till it goes on sale, but then again I still have yet to get my hands on the Spidey figures I want from the late 2019 wave, and there's always that Hidden Side lighthouse that keeps enticing me...

$80 is way too much, but I’m totally still gonna get this. I need that Spider-Ham and Iron Spider. Plus the builds are cool, and I like the fact that their making a new missile launcher piece. And the black webbing. But c’mon LEGO, at least make it $70!

9 hours ago, shadefoundry said:

Great, a mech that's inclusion actually makes sense! :roflmao: 

8 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

$80 and a June 1st release date for 76151

Oof. Guess I'll bricklink the dino.

7 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Oh... $80... right. I'm just gonna Bricklink Spider-Ham and Iron Spider then.

Hopefully this drives down the OG iron spider's price on bricklink.

Hey, do we have any news on the helecarrior yet? Besides who’s in it? Like pictures, or release date?

Edited by SuperGrover