Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

2 hours ago, SuperGrover said:

What’s with the skeleton though?

Right?! That's why I was hoping that it was just a stand-in, and maybe they would show a new fig, maybe part of the said "embargo". 

15 minutes ago, 0937Bricks said:

Right?! That's why I was hoping that it was just a stand-in, and maybe they would show a new fig, maybe part of the said "embargo". 

I’m pretty sure it’s actually a skeleton 

4 hours ago, 0937Bricks said:

When they've used stand-ins before, they were just unprinted minifigures and there was a blocked out minifigure in their location on the box. There is no space for the skeleton on the box, so it is likely just a skeleton that Venomsaurus ate. 

This looks really good. Venomosaurus is better than I expected, it's amazing. Spider Truck is yet another unnecessary vehicle. I also LOVE the side build with an egg, so well built. Minifigures are also amazing, but it's our 3rd Venom this year. 

Do we know anything about release date and price?

What’s funny to me is that one of the Nuremberg reports specifically stated that the Venom creature was NOT a dinosaur :grin: Yeah, looks nothing like a T-Rex :tongue: Or was it a jab at the circumstance that not all of the animals we colloquially refer to as “Dinosaurs” are actually ones from a paleontological perspective? (The T-Rex totally was one though)

21 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

What’s funny to me is that one of the Nuremberg reports specifically stated that the Venom creature was NOT a dinosaur :grin: Yeah, looks nothing like a T-Rex :tongue: Or was it a jab at the circumstance that not all of the animals we colloquially refer to as “Dinosaurs” are actually ones from a paleontological perspective? (The T-Rex totally was one though)

It even has ''Rex'' in the setname :laugh_hard: Yeah sure, totally not a dinosaur *huh*

I think that Venomsaurus is possibly the best Marvel set I’ve seen this year, and possibly the only one I’ll actually get. Spider-Ham, yes please, fresh and interesting take on Venom, sweet, that comics/Ultimate Iron Spider . . okay so I’m running out of space in my Spidey suit display and it’ll need an expansion but I can work with it. Buggy and repeat Spidey, meh but they had to do it I guess. 

Are there any major Spider-Man counterparts we haven’t gotten now? The only one I can think of is Peni Parker and Sp//dr, but I’m hardly a comics buff. 

It would've been really cool if they completely scraped that awfull monster truck and used it's budget to expand the little lab/machine build

2 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Are there any major Spider-Man counterparts we haven’t gotten now? The only one I can think of is Peni Parker and Sp//dr, but I’m hardly a comics buff. 

Depends on your definition of "major," but yeah, I'd say Peni, being the only remaining character from Into the Spider-Verse not seen in LEGO form yet, is a likely candidate.

Other possibilities:

• Supaidaman, from a 1978 Japanese live-action series, who has almost nothing in common with the original Spider-Man except for the name and costume (and is reportedly slated to appear in the Spider-Verse sequel)
  • The Spider, from the 1602 alternate universe, whose web shooters go "thwippe" and who would be an excellent excuse to trot out the collar-ruff piece
  • Spiders-Man, who is definitely a perfectly normal human, and not at all a mass of spiders stuffed into a Spider-Man suit, and definitely didn't eat Peter Parker and collectively absorb his consciousness. Totally normal human guy, Spiders-Man.

7 minutes ago, tafkatb said:

Spiders-Man, who is definitely a perfectly normal human, and not at all a mass of spiders stuffed into a Spider-Man suit, and definitely didn't eat Peter Parker and collectively absorb his consciousness. Totally normal human guy, Spiders-Man.

What kind of screwed-up drugs are comic book writers on?:laugh_hard: And I thought Superior Spider-Man was out there...

18 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

It would've been really cool if they completely scraped that awfull monster truck and used it's budget to expand the little lab/machine build

Couldn’t agree more. What’s up with Spidey and his armada of crazy vehicles? He even gives Batman a run for his money, and that’s saying something.

Stickered headlights are the weakest point of the set to me.

Venom T-Rex with just Figures, and maybe some terrain to use webs on or destroy would've been better.

2019/2020 has so many Spider-Man vehicles, it's getting a bit silly.

Batman vehicles are somewhat imaginable, but the cartoons / movies of Spider-Man I grew up with certainly didn't have all those Spider-Vehicles.

Edited by TeriXeri

Is the Venomsaurus Rex in the cartoons now? It was introduced in the decidedly non-kiddie-friendly Old Man Logan comic story, and I was wondering if this is just Lego's dark humour (like putting Joker in his Killing Joke shirt, and with a camera, in TLBM CMFs)?

I love that they gave Spider-Ham his hot dog from the "Caught in a Ham" cartoon!

I really like the set for multiple reasons. I love the Spider-Ham and Iron Spider figures, I think the builds are just great, there’s finally a venom build from the comics, but I think that the black webbing is a highlight as well. We haven’t gotten that before, and I’m glad we’re getting it. 

I wish they had gone with the Spider-Man Unlimited suit instead of a rehash of Iron Spider, and an invisibility mode trans-clear fig instead of a skeleton.

Interesting part of the Venomsaur set is the new Missile Shooter being an actual brick instead of the old Technic version, makes it very useful piece for System-based themes.

Edited by TeriXeri

4 hours ago, tafkatb said:

Depends on your definition of "major," but yeah, I'd say Peni, being the only remaining character from Into the Spider-Verse not seen in LEGO form yet, is a likely candidate.

Other possibilities:

• Supaidaman, from a 1978 Japanese live-action series, who has almost nothing in common with the original Spider-Man except for the name and costume (and is reportedly slated to appear in the Spider-Verse sequel)
  • The Spider, from the 1602 alternate universe, whose web shooters go "thwippe" and who would be an excellent excuse to trot out the collar-ruff piece
  • Spiders-Man, who is definitely a perfectly normal human, and not at all a mass of spiders stuffed into a Spider-Man suit, and definitely didn't eat Peter Parker and collectively absorb his consciousness. Totally normal human guy, Spiders-Man.

These are more obscure versions in my opinion. But in terms of more major Spider Character that we haven't gotten, Superior Spider-man, Spider-UK and Man-Spider come to mind. 

54 minutes ago, Brick Cucumber said:

These are more obscure versions in my opinion. But in terms of more major Spider Character that we haven't gotten, Superior Spider-man, Spider-UK and Man-Spider come to mind. 

Oh yeah, Superior! I forgot about him because I used my Miles Morales figure to make a custom of him last year. Yeah we so need an official Superior Spider-Man figure. 

Damn, that is one very cool venomized t-rex! :oh3:
If it weren't for the inclusion of the Spider-Buggy, I would buy this set. The Venomosaurus is amazing and the figures are terrific as well!
Don't get me wrong, the buggy itself is totally fitting for the set in general, but I have no use for it myself, so...
Maybe I'll end up buying the set on discount, in a while, though :thumbup: 

Regards,
Mitch

I think they test these sets with kids younger than 8.... 

Spiderman's rogues gallery is one of the best, only second to Batman's I think, and here we are with Venom for like the 5th wave in a row..... 

At least they included SpiderPig in this one

39 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Spiderman's rogues gallery is one of the best, only second to Batman's I think, and here we are with Venom for like the 5th wave in a row.....

It must be frustrating, the Joker is somewhat understandable as he has been around a really long time and is Batman’s arch enemy. Venom has been around for 30 odd years and is coming off the back of a big storyline, but he’s not the arch enemy. Most lists have him scraping the top ten. That and the Venom crawler was such a cop out.

And Venom 2 is coming... one only has to wonder what we'll get in the next wave............

At this point they should change the artbox for a black and white color scheme with Venom featured in the corner, because Spiderman is becoming just an excuse for Venom sets

5 hours ago, Brick Cucumber said:

There's also still the Kaine version of Scarlet Spider, Silk and despite the amount of Venoms right now, we still need Agent Venom. Ghost Spider (Ghost Rider Spider Man) would also be pretty cool.

Just now, Robert8 said:

At this point they should change the artbox for a black and white color scheme with Venom featured in the corner, because Spiderman is becoming just an excuse for Venom sets

I imagine in the future, rather than a repeat of a Spider Man set with a Venom makeover, it'll be the other way around. A Venom jet against the Spider Mech. A Venom monster truck against the Spider Dinosaur.

I'm glad at least this Venom has the black web pieces, and the Outrider back piece, so it's not just another plain Venom. But if they wanna keep pushing him, at least do a different face print, hell give us a half Venom/half Brock face!

71Ad5Dv1zvL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

What's next ? Venom Shark vs Spider-Submarine? :sarcasm_smug:

I know the T-Rex was a thing in the comics.

But, just saying, that there are Spider-Man villains out there, that never made by LEGO yet, like Lizard.

Edited by TeriXeri