Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

I'm excited to get new variants of characters. Hopefully we get more than one Iron Man and not just the same from the IronMan Mech set. And if we're lucky, at least one of the two unknown figs from the avengers tower are new ones we've never seen. 

I want to see characters (heroes especially) that we haven't seen in sets before (or that haven't been in sets in ages). And preferably in sets that aren't super-expensive (I still dont own a Hawkeye because he hasn't been in any sets that are cheap enough for me to add him to the collection)

11 minutes ago, jonwil said:

I want to see characters (heroes especially) that we haven't seen in sets before (or that haven't been in sets in ages). And preferably in sets that aren't super-expensive (I still dont own a Hawkeye because he hasn't been in any sets that are cheap enough for me to add him to the collection)

Hawkeye’s been in pretty cheap sets- $20 in 2015, $40 in 2016 and 2020. 
Very excited to hear about the new Captain Marvel helmet mold! I hope they use it for future MCU appearances too! 

10 hours ago, NetherCreeper said:

?
10 hours ago, NetherCreeper said:

Another smiling hulk, like the on the box, would be a disappoint though. I only have the compound and heli hulks, and it would be nice to have a normal angry one, but I guess that’s what Bricklink is for.

Well, I think you should prepare yourself to be disappointed. Out of all the information out there, this one is existing and it's going to happen.

Edited by SpiderJazz
Spelling

is there a D2C set for Marvel this year? Seeing as how every other year they release something for marvel and DC the alternating years

7 hours ago, Mountain Drew said:

If you count the Walmart exclusive set with the Venomized Iron Man yes there is a Marvel D2C

D2C is a big set ($100+, it's usually bigger than that). It stands for Direct to Customer. What you probably mean is a Retailer Exclusive, a set that (if you live in USA) can only buy at a selected retailer or Lego itself.

18 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

D2C is a big set ($100+, it's usually bigger than that). It stands for Direct to Customer. What you probably mean is a Retailer Exclusive, a set that (if you live in USA) can only buy at a selected retailer or Lego itself.

A D2C doesn't have cost $100+ though

29 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Exactly. A retail exclusive is a set exclusive to a specific retailer (+s@h & LEGO stores) while a D2C is a set exclusive to s@h and LEGO stores, at least for a while. The price is irrelevant to the definition, but of course @THELEGOBATMAN is right in that D2Cs usually are significantly larger than retailer exclusives, but not necessarily so :classic:

3 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

If you don't consider "Winter" Creator sets (e.g. Toy Shop, Train Station, Santa's Workshop) as actual D2C sets, the last time that happened was in 2008.

Just now, Lego Dodo Bird said:

I am excited to see that Spider-Ham is getting a minifigure, it would be cool if it came with a mallet piece, as shown in Into the Spiderverse.

I could see lego putting in a brick-build mallet.

6 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

If you don't consider "Winter" Creator sets (e.g. Toy Shop, Train Station, Santa's Workshop) as actual D2C sets, the last time that happened was in 2008.

Yes, it's very rare, though it can happen.

Ok, so considering what LEGO has done in the past, they’re probably gonna change the Iron Spider just a little like what they did with Miles Morales, but how would they change it? Also what do think the chances are of getting a big fig venom in this set? I know I’ve mentioned it before, but I really want it to happen.

Edited by SuperGrover

Just now, Lego Dodo Bird said:

They could include an alternate head and hair similar to hidden side, to show whoever is wearing the Iron Spider suit.

Who would wear it though? The only comic characters who wear it that I know of are the MVP clones and Mary Jane. And I was under the assumption that LEGO is no longer basing sets of the Ultimate Spider Man show, so I don’t think it would be Amadeus Cho.

1 minute ago, SuperGrover said:

Who would wear it though? The only comic characters who wear it that I know of are the MVP clones and Mary Jane. And I was under the assumption that LEGO is no longer basing sets of the Ultimate Spider Man show, so I don’t think it would be Amadeus Cho.

True, so it might just end up being a standard update for a minifigure a few years old, which while unfortunate, is better then just using the same minifigure.

Just now, Falconfan1414 said:

Most likely the most major change will be using the outrider neck attachment piece 

So, exact same back thing as the Infinity War Iron Spider? I mean by the build.

4 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Most likely the most major change will be using the outrider neck attachment piece 

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. Its really unfortunate because the original’s gold claw back pieces were really good looking.

Beside the point: I hope the upcoming Black Widow figure looks good and doesn’t have any weird bright lines. I just want a black/gray Widow for once without any white or blue on it. Similar to how she appeared in Avengers 1, Endgame, or the upcoming game.

1 hour ago, SuperGrover said:

Ok, so considering what LEGO has done in the past, they’re probably gonna change the Iron Spider just a little like what they did with Miles Morales, but how would they change it? 

Probably highly unlikely, but in recent comics Prowler/Aaron Davis wore a black and gold Iron Spider armour. But it will likely be a few tweaks, and a different leg design. Hopefully it's something better than the MCU legs

As for Venom, there's not much room for other variants, so I hope he at least has a new face print

Edited by Quicksilver838

3 hours ago, Legocity2713 said:

Beside the point: I hope the upcoming Black Widow figure looks good and doesn’t have any weird bright lines. I just want a black/gray Widow for once without any white or blue on it. Similar to how she appeared in Avengers 1, Endgame, or the upcoming game.

Yeah, based on this pictures I’ve seen, it has some faint white lines. It looks good, though! 

4 hours ago, Legocity2713 said:

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. Its really unfortunate because the original’s gold claw back pieces were really good looking.

Agreed about the iron spider, that one IMO looks the better than the MCU one, at least for the claws.

Black widow doesn't have those blue lines on the suit, there's some white but it's not as bad.

Edit- you can ignore this, it was fake

T̶h̶e̶ ̶I̶r̶o̶n̶ ̶M̶a̶n̶ ̶b̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶h̶a̶s̶ ̶l̶e̶a̶k̶e̶d̶ ̶a̶p̶p̶a̶r̶e̶n̶t̶l̶y̶.̶ ̶I̶t̶ ̶l̶o̶o̶k̶s̶ ̶p̶r̶e̶t̶t̶y̶ ̶g̶o̶o̶d̶.̶ ̶N̶i̶c̶e̶ ̶s̶h̶a̶p̶e̶s̶.̶ ̶I̶ ̶e̶s̶p̶e̶c̶i̶a̶l̶l̶y̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶a̶r̶c̶r̶ ̶e̶a̶c̶t̶o̶r̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶e̶y̶e̶s̶ ̶f̶r̶o̶m̶ ̶w̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶I̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶ ̶s̶e̶e̶.̶ ̶J̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶h̶o̶p̶e̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶d̶o̶e̶s̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶t̶u̶r̶n̶ ̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶a̶ ̶s̶t̶i̶c̶k̶e̶r̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶d̶i̶s̶g̶u̶i̶s̶e̶.̶

Edited by Huigberts Builds
Fake

57 minutes ago, Huigberts Builds said:

Edit- you can ignore this, it was fake

T̶h̶e̶ ̶I̶r̶o̶n̶ ̶M̶a̶n̶ ̶b̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶h̶a̶s̶ ̶l̶e̶a̶k̶e̶d̶ ̶a̶p̶p̶a̶r̶e̶n̶t̶l̶y̶.̶ ̶I̶t̶ ̶l̶o̶o̶k̶s̶ ̶p̶r̶e̶t̶t̶y̶ ̶g̶o̶o̶d̶.̶ ̶N̶i̶c̶e̶ ̶s̶h̶a̶p̶e̶s̶.̶ ̶I̶ ̶e̶s̶p̶e̶c̶i̶a̶l̶l̶y̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶a̶r̶c̶r̶ ̶e̶a̶c̶t̶o̶r̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶e̶y̶e̶s̶ ̶f̶r̶o̶m̶ ̶w̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶I̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶ ̶s̶e̶e̶.̶ ̶J̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶h̶o̶p̶e̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶d̶o̶e̶s̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶t̶u̶r̶n̶ ̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶a̶ ̶s̶t̶i̶c̶k̶e̶r̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶d̶i̶s̶g̶u̶i̶s̶e̶.̶

Hahaha. That's a bootleg set. Probably the reason why the box is black on the previous descriptions we had is it's still prelims. This fakers did it literally.