Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

12 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

These summer sets sound absolutely amazing. Awesome figures and great builds from the sound of it. Very excited for both Avengers Towers and the Helicarrier! And the 4+ Loki Avengers Tower will be the biggest 4+ set to date, right? I thought previous big sets maxed out at the $50 price point. Spider-Ham sounds cool and I hope Captain Marvel gets a new helmet mold or at least a printed helmeted face with an existing hair piece like the 2016 version. 4 Eternals sets is more than I was expecting and I definitely didn’t think we’d be getting a $100 one! Very excited for all of this news!

Wait . . The Avengers Tower is 4+?

For MODOK, I think it's likely for them to reuse the face piece from Giant-Man, Ares, and giant stone warrior with MODOK's face. I hope they still make Falcon and Winter Soldier sets because I need Zemo. Druig might be a guarantee for Eternals as he is likely the main villain, I just hope we get huge builds for the Celestials. They might reuse the Captain America helmet for the new Captain Marvel, just a hope.

Just now, Feng-huang0296 said:

Wait . . The Avengers Tower is 4+?

There's two, 4+ with 2 floors and huge Avengers Logo (5 minifigs) and the other one is a 5-story (7 minifigs)

Just now, HarryVader said:

For MODOK, I think it's likely for them to reuse the face piece from Giant-Man, Ares, and giant stone warrior with MODOK's face. I hope they still make Falcon and Winter Soldier sets because I need Zemo. Druig might be a guarantee for Eternals as he is likely the main villain, I just hope we get huge builds for the Celestials. They might reuse the Captain America helmet for the new Captain Marvel, just a hope.

I don't think Steve's helmet would work for Carol. That's going to be weird. It needs a new mold, which is I'm leaning towards to. One set without the new helmet mold, and the other one without the new helmet mold - make it more desirable to collect probably helmet goes with the more expensive set.

35 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

There's two, 4+ with 2 floors and huge Avengers Logo (5 minifigs) and the other one is a 5-story (7 minifigs)

Two Avengers Towers AND a Helicarrier? Colour me impressed and a little bit skeptical, but I’ll reserve judgement. The five-storey Avengers Tower sounds awesome. 

I justice noticed there are no oversized motorcycles, mechs or stupid crawlers in this wave - just the good stuff. That's what I mean by good Marvel - iconic places and vehicles.

Just now, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I justice noticed there are no oversized motorcycles, mechs or stupid crawlers in this wave - just the good stuff. That's what I mean by good Marvel - iconic places and vehicles.

Fast forward to a few months later when the setpictures reveal the Helicarrier to actually be a giant flying Spidercrawler / Spidercopter hybrid :laugh_hard:

3 minutes ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Two Avengers Towers AND a Helicarrier? Colour me impressed and a little bit skeptical, but I’ll reserve judgement. The five-storey Avengers Tower sounds awesome. 

3 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Isn't it amazing? Might be early to tell but if this meets our expectation. This could be the best Marvel wave of sets yet.

So, could these figures in the Avenger sets be comic-inspired or based off the upcoming Square Enix game like with January's sets? It'd be interesting to see comic-inspired variants of Loki and Black Widow given that we haven't seen such yet, and I'm also interested to see how a new Red Skull will look whether he be comic or game inspired.

Spider-Ham as a fully printed Fabuland figure, flat feet and all, or G.T.#.O.!

And why wouldn’t they use the MODOK head they used a few years ago? It’s not like you can use it for much else. ‘Brickbuilt’ in the rumour might just be the hover chair again.

1 hour ago, ReversibleSedgewick said:

Spider-Ham as a fully printed Fabuland figure, flat feet and all, or G.T.#.O.!

And why wouldn’t they use the MODOK head they used a few years ago? It’s not like you can use it for much else. ‘Brickbuilt’ in the rumour might just be the hover chair again.

I can confirm it’s not

The Avengers sets are sounding pretty good, I'm pleasantly surprised. Especially if they're tied into the game. Brick built MODOK definitely makes me think that they are, at least the Avengers tower and Helicarrier(which both sound awesome and are making my wallet cry already) I'm definitely intrigued by the 2 unidentified figures from the tower. Of the characters we know are in the game so far and assuming it ties into the game they could potentially be Hank Pym/Ant-man, Ms. Marvel, Black Widow, Loki, Bruce Banner, or Taskmaster. Personally though I hope they're characters that haven't been revealed yet.

Edited by ToaDraco

7 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

So, could these figures in the Avenger sets be comic-inspired or based off the upcoming Square Enix game like with January's sets? It'd be interesting to see comic-inspired variants of Loki and Black Widow given that we haven't seen such yet, and I'm also interested to see how a new Red Skull will look whether he be comic or game inspired.

The skeptical part of me expects them to just reuse the same Iron Man, Cap, Thor, Captain Marvel, Hawkeye, etc figures from the last couple of waves. Though it would be really great if they were nice enough to give us a new Iron Man in the big Avengers Tower - it just so happens that there are exactly two open spaces in my Hall of Armour, so on the off chance it is a new Iron Man and not a repeat of the one in the mech set, I can get both and my Hall will be complete for the time being. 

It would be sweet if the 4+ tower could be  connected to the other tower to make a bigger one. Furthermore, i don’t have high hopes for any of these sets. They got it wrong way too often for me to believe this wave will be a better one

3 hours ago, Borex said:

It would be sweet if the 4+ tower could be  connected to the other tower to make a bigger one.

I highly doubt these two are compatible in any way, shape or form. When was the last time you’ve seen a 4+ set that fits in seamlessly with a regular set? :laugh: The design philosophy and language are completely different

True. I doubt it. I don't think that those towers can be connected. Iron man is included on both of the sets is a dead giveaway.

5 hours ago, Borex said:

Furthermore, i don’t have high hopes for any of these sets. They got it wrong way too often for me to believe this wave will be a better one

I been waiting for a play set scale of the helicarrier since 2015. But you’re absolutely right, descriptions sound better than sets most of the time. As an adult collector, a lot of marvel sets are geared towards the younger crowd, which means they sacrifice a lot of details for the sake of play :(

So, for the new spider man vs venom set, what’s the deal with the “giant lizard mech”? Is it like all venomized, is it spidey’s? One thing that would be cool is if it were related to the villain lizard, which we are yet to get anything for in LEGO form. But that’s probably highly unlikely.

12 minutes ago, SuperGrover said:

So, for the new spider man vs venom set, what’s the deal with the “giant lizard mech”? Is it like all venomized, is it spidey’s? One thing that would be cool is if it were related to the villain lizard, which we are yet to get anything for in LEGO form. But that’s probably highly unlikely.

It's black, so it's probably Venom's.

1 hour ago, SuperGrover said:

The only thing I can remember that is close in the comic run is the T-rex that has been a host for the symbiote in the Savage land. 

Promobricks said it is not a dinosaur tho so I don't know.

On 2/8/2020 at 4:39 PM, THELEGOBATMAN said:

True, this is actually a really good wave.

Both avengers towers and helicarrier sound great, but Ironically the only one I think I can safely say I'll buy without having seen pictures is the hulkbuster. I've made what appears to be a subconcious decision to collect all of the hulkbusters, seeing as I own both and the WM buster and have absolutely no recollection of how I got the 2015 one. I never picked up the helicopter set because it looked juvenile to me, so having rescue is great. and for tony himself even if it's the same ironman as the $10 mech, it's still a nice-looking figure. I hope the agents are AIM as I really like their design in the game, but can't bring myself to buy either of the january sets.

8 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

So the avengers box art :wink:

That Captain Marvel figure looks awesome so I'm happy to get her. I want that Iron Man as well.

13 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

So the avengers box art :wink:

Nice catch, the captain marvel on this year’s boxes is new, so you may be on to something. Then again, cap and iron man are also strange mixes of previous and current figures as well, it might just be some artistic liberty, who knows. About this, I also saw on Instagram that she’ll get a new helmet piece? Any validity to that, or just wishful thinking?
Another smiling hulk, like the on the box, would be a disappoint though. I only have the compound and heli hulks, and it would be nice to have a normal angry one, but I guess that’s what Bricklink is for...

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

hope the agents are AIM as I really like their design in the game, but can't bring myself to buy either of the january sets.

About that, I’m kind of caught between wanting more aim agents, but also some new hydra agents, since only one came in a set 6 years  ago. Maybe a mix of both? Or how about a shied agent in the helicarrier? There are just so many organizations with agents in the marvel universe, it could be anyone. (Probably just aim)

Edited by NetherCreeper
Clarification

1 hour ago, NetherCreeper said:

Another smiling hulk, like the on the box, would be a disappoint though. I only have the compound and heli hulks, and it would be nice to have a normal angry one, but I guess that’s what Bricklink is for...

Yeah I agree, it's been quite some time since we've gotten a regular, angry hulk in an olive green colour without an outfit.